Author Topic: What is still owed to black people?  (Read 9441 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: What is still owed to black people?
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 12:20:53 PM »
What's this african american agenda? please enlighten me...

Shit, I'm in the club and don't even know the 'agenda'.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »
Agreed Malcontent..can't get any worse than having an actual idiot as the president

Truth is I'm just fucking around...I think Yomama would be like every other Prez, a fucking corrupt politician

SPOKEN FOR TRUTH
...the presz is just a figure head...kind of like the king of england...big business runs this country...he will get rich as president though...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 01:07:46 PM »
SPOKEN FOR TRUTH
...the presz is just a figure head...kind of like the king of england...big business runs this country...he will get rich as president though...

Well, that's cool - mo' money for black people! 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 02:29:36 PM »
Well, that's cool - mo' money for black people! 

For Rich Elitist Black People, like "Phillip Banks" ;D

On the real, Reparations come in the form of education, you go to school, and then build your community up, instead of wanting the government to clean up your neighborhood (who do you think floods the neighborhood with drugs).

Blacks were supposed to get 40 acres and a mule, but that was shot down, giving newly freed blacks land was too radical. Meanwhile, after the WWII, Japanese survivors of US concentration (interment) camps were given a sizable monetary Reparation, then Jews were given  HUGE monetary Reparations, including Israel...While this is going on, blacks are been lynched, Emmitt Till has a cotton gin fan put on his neck and placed in a River, knowing full well blacks can't swim, let alone with a 50 pound fan around their neck...

Damn, I don't think there is a need for Reparations come to think of it. You know, Americans (Black and White) are very ignorant of this institution called slavery, that has existed for the better part of America's history. We only know the basics, but it was a lifestyle. Just as many of you are used to getting up and going to work, there were people accustomed to getting up and working for free, women accustomed to giving up the cooter for free (especially for horny young white boys-who they grew up with), and then nursing the white babies on their pregnant tit for free. This country was built on free labor, and free sex to alleviate the days hard business...

ANd that is just a minor point, considering how now alot of the Oil companies are tied to everything now, many insurance companies now were tied to this business, and made large sums of money on insuring the boats that carried slaves...

You blacks are not smart for being the most pimped people on this earth... 

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 03:04:16 PM »
Obama for president

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »

That Chris Cormier is a SOB, isnt he?

dont flatter yourself, such a fine specimen of the black race wouldnt go near 'her'.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »
Slaves were obtained at African markets, "bought" from (black) African brokers.  There are still sellers of slaves all over Africa, the Caribbean, Arab countries and parts of Asia.  Very few of these brokers, if any, are white.  As a matter of fact, whites have done more to end the crime of slavery than all other races - x10.

Had whites tried to roam around the African environment during the Jamestown days, taking unwilling people from their habitats, they would've been slaughtered as quickly as they could supply more people to be killed.

In the beginning it was like that, but then they decided to do away with the "middle man", and just take the slaves...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2008, 07:32:03 PM »
Can't imagine how ugly things are going to get over the next few months.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »
Can't imagine how ugly things are going to get over the next few months.

To say the least.

Amusing actually.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
We don't owe them shit and they need to stop the crying.

Now vote Obama :)

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
Many of you should watch Roots and I guarantee you you will not be saying such idiotic things.

Yes, Roots taught me that white men who were at sea for weeks chased down native Africans on foot.

Of course we all know that white men are much better at running than black Africans.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2008, 06:46:57 AM »
Race war!!!!
 ;D
$

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2008, 06:53:42 AM »
I always here black people cry about how they are still owed.  Owed what?  Most point back to slavery days and say they are owed compensation for that.  Problem is 99.9% of blacks have no clue how they decended from slaves or even which African country they came from.

Ask a black where they came from and they'll say Africa, like Africa is a fucking country.  Most couldn't name 3 countries in Africa.  Most will name south Africa first then draw a blank when trying to name two more.

Now I hear blacks hoping that Barrack becomes president so that he can create a bill to replay blacks from slavery.  WTF!  How in the world do any of these guys think they are deserved one red penny?

brown folks (indian / paki) came to this country..

faced discrimination..

did not complain about jaCK SHIT...

worked hard..

now 90% of the doctors and IT people ya see in the US r brownies...

OBAMA just won the dem nomination ....next black guy i see whine like a little c unt about racism i'm kicking in the balls >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2008, 07:04:43 AM »
Surely we owe blacks for inventing such things as the theory of relativity, laws of motion, calculus, the computer, tv, auto mobile, internet, WWW, theory of evolution etc.?

If you ask me, their demands are well grounded.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2008, 07:21:10 AM »
I could explain but none of you that didn't already understand would get it.

It's not a matter of what black people are 'owed' but a matter of what they didn't get. I fully agree that black people aren't owed jack shit and don't personally know anyone who was a slave or owned any. To be clear, I mean slave in the traditional sense not a crappy job, sex games or any other weird interpretation of the word.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2008, 07:24:31 AM »
Surely we owe blacks for inventing such things as the theory of relativity, laws of motion, calculus, the computer, tv, auto mobile, internet, WWW, theory of evolution etc.?

If you ask me, their demands are well grounded.

How about peanut butter

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2008, 07:30:44 AM »
More than peanut butter, LOL!

"Some African American Inventors

I picked up the essence of this article some years ago. Not sure exactly who wrote the original, but I did research all the names to make sure the information and details are accurate. This article presents the argument that discrimination against African American has no justification based on logic of reason.

As the story goes, a group of white people became  angry about African Americans living in the United States, so they joined together and decided wished that African Americans had never been brought to America. After wishing very hard this group of white people found their wish had come true and the United States had never ever had any black people. They breathed a great sigh of relief. " At last", they thought, "no more crime, no more drugs, no more violence, no more welfare. Glory be, no black people!"

Well let us take a look at life in the United States had never been any black people here? For starters there would not even be a United States as we know it. The agricultural economy upon which the English Colonies and United States were founded, was dependent on slave labor supplied by enslaved Africans and their descendants.

There would be no cities with tall skyscrapers in the United States because Alexander Miles, a black man, invented the elevator, and without elevators, one would have great difficulty reaching high higher floors.

Driving cars would be very difficult because Richard Spikes, a black man who invented the automatic transmission and other mechanisms related to automobiles would not have been here.

Joseph Gammel, another black man, invented the supercharger for internal combustion engines. A black man named Garret A. Morgan invented the traffic light . There would be no rapid transit system because its precursor was the electric trolley, invented by a black man named Elbert R. Robinson. Even if there were streets on which cars and a rapid transit system could operate, these streets would be cluttered with debris, because a black man named Charles Brooks invented the street sweeper.

There would be difficulty in school classes because a black man, John Love, invented the pencil sharpener. William Purvis, a black man, invented the fountain pen. Lee Burridge, yet another black man invented the type writing machine.

W.A. Lovette, a black man, invented the advanced printing press. Now even if everyone could write letters, articles and books, they could not be transported by mail because William Barry, a black man, invented the postmarking and canceling machine, William Purvis, a black man, invented the hand stamp and yes, another black man, Philip Downing, invented the letter drop.

Lawns would look awful because Joseph Smith, a black man, invented the lawn sprinkling system and John Burr, a black man, invented the lawn mower. Your homes you would be uncomfortable, poorly ventilated and heated because a black man named Frederick Jones invented the air conditioner and a black woman named Alice Parker invented the heating furnace. Homes would also be filthy because a black man, Thomas W. Stewart, would not have been here to invent the mop and Lloyd P. Ray, a black man, would not have been here to invent the dust pan.

When you return home from work, your children would meet you at the door barefooted and shabbily dressed in unkempt clothing. What could one expect because Jan E. Matzelinger, a blackman, would not have been here to invent the shoe lasting machine, Walter Sammons would not have invented the comb, nor would have Lydia O. Newman have invented the brush, nor would have Sarah Boone have invented the ironing board, nor would have George T. Samon have invented the clothes dryer; all of these people were African Americans.

And how about dinner time? Food would have spoiled because a black man, John Standard, could not have invented the refrigerator; and, there would be no light to eat your spoiled meals because the filament within the light bulb was invented by a black man.

Without black men and women, the United States, if it had managed to come into existence, would just be another under-developed country of the World. With more poverty, more disease, more pain and less commerce; which translates into a much lower standard of living for all U.S. Citizens.

The moral of this fantasy is twofold. African Americans have historically suffered from extreme discrimination and injustice. Since these black people were able to invent and contribute so much under discrimination and injustice, what might some other blacks have contributed if discrimination had never existed?

Edited by Henry Robert Burke"

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »
Well let us take a look at life in the United States had never been any black people here? For starters there would not even be a United States as we know it. The agricultural economy upon which the English Colonies and United States were founded, was dependent on slave labor supplied by enslaved Africans and their descendants.

Sorry but this is bullshit.

The English created what you know now as the United States, how can ANYONE make the ridiculous statement "For starters there would not even be a United States as we know it". Are you THAT naive?

During the slave years, black slaves were basically industrial tools, like machinery.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2008, 07:51:55 AM »
Sorry but this is bullshit.

The English created what you know now as the United States, how can ANYONE make the ridiculous statement "For starters there would not even be a United States as we know it". Are you THAT naive?

During the slave years, black slaves were basically industrial tools, like machinery.

I didn't write the article. It's one man's opinion but it seems pretty impossible to believe America could have grown in that time period without slavery.

Only posted the article so lonleyme could see that black invention didn't begin & end with George Washington Carver.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2008, 07:55:54 AM »
I didn't write the article. It's one man's opinion but it seems pretty impossible to believe America could have grown in that time period without slavery.

Only posted the article so lonleyme could see that black invention didn't begin & end with George Washington Carver.

OK, some good points in the article, but that particular assertion caught my eye as being absolute bull.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2008, 08:02:32 AM »
OK, some good points in the article, but that particular assertion caught my eye as being absolute bull.

I only glanced at it.

Any explanation wouldn't really make sense to most non-minorities. Being in the majority skews people's perspective too much on simple matters.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2008, 11:41:58 AM »
the majority of inventors are erroneous, its the inventions that count and guess what necissity breeds invention...somebody would have come up with each and every one of those inventions sooner or later and if not those ones that did the same job...I agree with US wouldnt be the nation it is without slavery b/c of the agriculture but you also wouldnt have as much crime and social dependency either.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
It's true that black have contributed their fair share to the USA, but that article is crap. I doubt it was printed anywhere beside on some website. I check out the elevator and the fridge "inventors", and even though they contributed to later adaptations they were not the inventors.

$

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »
It's true that black have contributed their fair share to the USA, but that article is crap. I doubt it was printed anywhere beside on some website. I check out the elevator and the fridge "inventors", and even though they contributed to later adaptations they were not the inventors.

But we still owe blacks for inventing such things as the theory of relativity, laws of motion, calculus, the computer, tv, auto mobile, internet, WWW, theory of evolution etc. don't we?

The "Black Nationalism" people say this is true and apparently blacks are the true Israelites and that all English monarchs until early modern times were black.

As seen on Louis Theroux's "Weird Weekends".
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2008, 01:29:58 PM »
Some of you white guys really need to get pass the "I am superior because I am white). This is silly sarcasm, you had nothing to do with these things either. Stop riding on the coat tails of people that came before you.

But we still owe blacks for inventing such things as the theory of relativity, laws of motion, calculus, the computer, tv, auto mobile, internet, WWW, theory of evolution etc. don't we?

If you were any better than anyone on GetBig you would have invested your time wisely and invented something other than that BS you keep pushing above.

Funny how some people want to be identified for the positive things someone in their ethnic group has done  but they won't claim the bad.
I always hear some silly white guy say "yeah we (white people) invented toilet paper and everyone's ass is cleaner because of it" but the same dude won't say things (with that prideful confidence) like, "we introduced drugs or organized crime into this country and ripped it apart I bet your race could'nt do that.

Don't get me wrong I hear other races (Africans, Asians, Middle Easterns Europeans and whomever I missed) do it too but not like on this site. "The white man did this..., if it were'nt for the white man that..." Oh STFU already and go get some punani! You are the problem and you are pushing BS!
W