Author Topic: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?  (Read 163478 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?
« Reply #425 on: January 10, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »
Have mojo, will travel: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie off to join Jerry, Cowboys in Lambeau

How do the Dallas Cowboys plan to combat the Lambeau mystique in their playoff game against the Green Bay Packers? By bringing their walking embodiment of a lucky rabbit's foot.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie released a statement Friday afternoon saying that he intends to take up Jerry Jones on his offer of two tickets in the Cowboys owner's suite to watch Sunday's NFC divisional matchup.

"As a lifelong Cowboys fan, it's hard to pass up attending a playoff game when you've been dubbed the team's mojo," Christie's press secretary said in the statement. "Not wanting to risk breaking the team's 5-0 streak by messing with karma, Governor Christie, his orange sweater and his son Andrew will all travel to Lambeau Field this weekend to attend the game against the Green Bay Packers."

Jones has dubbed Christie to be part of the Cowboys' "mojo." Dallas has won every game that the governor has attended this season, including last week's wild-card victory over the Detroit Lions and a win over the Indianapolis Colts in December that locked up a playoff spot for the Cowboys.

While Cowboys fans have enjoyed the politician's run of luck, Christie's constituents in New Jersey -- home to fans of such teams as the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles -- have not been happy with his very public love of their division rival.

Christie has also been criticized for possibly using taxpayer money to fund his flights to Cowboys games.

Christie's spokesman, Kevin Roberts, told ESPN.com on Monday that Jones paid for Christie's previous trip, including travel and tickets, so no New Jersey taxpayer funds were used. According to Christie's Friday statement, there will be no such concerns this time around.

"The governor will be paying for travel and tickets for himself, his sweater and his son to make sure we keep silliness out of the football season."

Capt. Stephen Jones of the New Jersey State Police said the state will not incur an additional cost for protecting Christie while he is in Wisconsin.

"He is the governor of New Jersey, which means we are committed to protecting him 24/7," Stephen Jones told ESPN.com's Darren Rovell. "His detail is there for his protection wherever he is. The costs remain virtually the same whether he is on state business or personal business."

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #426 on: January 10, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »
My Pats friends are nervous today.....I don't see the issue.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: January 10, 2015, 12:22:05 PM »

That's kinda been the talk with the National guys and the local guys here as well.

Out of the 4 dogs this weekend most are saying The Ravens have the best chance to pull off an upset.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #428 on: January 10, 2015, 12:34:19 PM »
That's kinda been the talk with the National guys and the local guys here as well.

Out of the 4 dogs this weekend most are saying The Ravens have the best chance to pull off an upset.

I get it due to the history and the pass rush, and Flacco is better than he gets credit for.  I don't know though - I can see this maybe being a game, but a Pats landslide wouldn't surprise me either.

Might just bet a prop - Gronk over 80 yds receiving.....
Y

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #429 on: January 10, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »
X2. Don't get they feeling myself, I'm up n CT. Ravens are a diff team, not as good as a couple years ago. And the Pats are a diff team, defense is worlds better. Feeling good about the Pats chances as long as they aren't playing the Giants.  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: January 10, 2015, 12:57:39 PM »
I get it due to the history and the pass rush, and Flacco is better than he gets credit for.  I don't know though - I can see this maybe being a game, but a Pats landslide wouldn't surprise me either.

Might just bet a prop - Gronk over 80 yds receiving.....

Those 3 factors certainly make sense and rightfully so, if they can get to Brady and Flacco doesn't turn the ball over it could get very interesting.

After seeing the Ravens play Pittsburg I'm leaning more towards this being a winnable game for the Ravens versus a landslide because I think Flacco is going to show up.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #431 on: January 10, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »
Those 3 factors certainly make sense and rightfully so, if they can get to Brady and Flacco doesn't turn the ball over it could get very interesting.

After seeing the Ravens play Pittsburg I'm leaning more towards this being a winnable game for the Ravens versus a landslide because I think Flacco is going to show up.
Brady's a beast in the cold, I don't think it's gonna be close. JMO

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: January 10, 2015, 01:42:40 PM »
Ravens up 7-0.

Like a hot knife through butter on that initial drive.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #433 on: January 10, 2015, 02:58:01 PM »
Gronk would be the key to victory.  He's kicking their ass today. 

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #434 on: January 10, 2015, 03:33:14 PM »
Ravens had a chance of going 3-0 against patriots in recent play offs if cundiff didn't miss that 32 yd field goal a few yrs back

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2015, 03:42:11 PM »
great game so far.  RAVENS were my super bowl sleeper since before the playoffs began.  I still think Brady is very capable of putting 14 points on the board in 5 minutes with Gronk on board... but the refs are NOT handing him the game like he'd usually get. 

You just kno DEN is cheering for the ravens right now.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2015, 03:44:09 PM »
great game so far.  RAVENS were my super bowl sleeper since before the playoffs began.  I still think Brady is very capable of putting 14 points on the board in 5 minutes with Gronk on board... but the refs are NOT handing him the game like he'd usually get. 

True but either nor colts or denver wants to play Ravens

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: January 10, 2015, 03:47:34 PM »

Ravens were 17 to 1 to win The Superbowl before this game.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: January 10, 2015, 03:53:32 PM »

they've been given every opportunity, including a nice 14 point margin twice.  if they don't have the balls to hold a lead, they won't deserve the win.

Sure enough, gronk looked unstoppable on that drive.  I hate the Pats, they can be down 30 and you can't count them out. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: January 10, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »
they've been given every opportunity, including a nice 14 point margin twice.  if they don't have the balls to hold a lead, they won't deserve the win.

Sure enough, gronk looked unstoppable on that drive.  I hate the Pats, they can be down 30 and you can't count them out. 

Patriots need a more defensive stops.

Raven's offensive looking strong with 28 points midway through the 3rd quarter.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #440 on: January 10, 2015, 04:29:02 PM »

I'll be honest I think the Packers have a slight advantage.   I'd rather the Cowboys were playing Seattle.  

They're pretty evenly matched and I don't think the cold will be a factor at all.  Although, will Rodgers calf be too tender on the field?  We'll see.  I've have severe calf strains before and they'll cripple you, but a tear....don't know.   I'd give the slight advantage to Cowboys offense and a bigger advantage to Pack D.

Will be a good game.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #441 on: January 10, 2015, 04:34:36 PM »

Ravens look good right now.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: January 10, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »
Ravens look good right now.

Great game so far!

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #443 on: January 10, 2015, 05:03:18 PM »
Great game so far!
X2!! I was way off, Raven's brought it. Flacco continues to impress when it's a big time stage and that's what the greats do

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: January 10, 2015, 05:13:45 PM »
X2!! I was way off, Raven's brought it. Flacco continues to impress when it's a big time stage and that's what the greats do

Yeah he played pretty solid but he kinda forced that last throw.

He had a really good opportunity to win the game at the end against a less than impressive Patriots defense.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #445 on: January 10, 2015, 05:17:59 PM »
Put another win in the books, queers

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #446 on: January 10, 2015, 05:46:47 PM »
Brady delivers , romosexual booking his vacation for Monday

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #447 on: January 10, 2015, 05:56:21 PM »
Yeah he played pretty solid but he kinda forced that last throw.

He had a really good opportunity to win the game at the end against a less than impressive Patriots defense.
Agree, I'm impressed how good of a QB he's turned out to be. When was he drafted? Jus a tier below Brady/Rogers. Not sure u put Manning there will his body deteriorating fast, as great as he was. Pats D was eh. Rock solid all yr but I'm sure they adapt and get better next week jus like how they ramp up as season goes on. Biggest diff is they can defend the pass now. Reavis is as advertised, the best in the game. Sherman on the Hawks is phenomenal but Reavjs is better

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: January 10, 2015, 06:12:25 PM »
Agree, I'm impressed how good of a QB he's turned out to be. When was he drafted? Jus a tier below Brady/Rogers. Not sure u put Manning there will his body deteriorating fast, as great as he was. Pats D was eh. Rock solid all yr but I'm sure they adapt and get better next week jus like how they ramp up as season goes on. Biggest diff is they can defend the pass now. Reavis is as advertised, the best in the game. Sherman on the Hawks is phenomenal but Reavjs is better

Crazy to think Manning has been playing for almost 20 years in the league!

I guess he'll limp across the finish line and pass up Favre on the all time next season.

I hear talks of people saying he's gonna retire but he has stated he intends to return.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #449 on: January 10, 2015, 06:22:05 PM »
That was a damn nail biter. Offense (I mean the passing game) played great. I cant believe the Pats were still able to move the ball that well being so one dimensional.

Defense played like shit, with zero pass rush.

Patriots showed grit, but they got lucky playing defense like that.

Good thing Ed Reed and Ray Lewis didnt walk out of that tunnel.