Author Topic: Phil Heath 1-wk before Arnold video  (Read 5540 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Re: Phil Heath 1-wk before Arnold video
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
Phil definitely has great genetics, but I would not rate him as the most gifted of the current pros. There are many above him at the moment. Of course that does not mean that he isn't a great BBer. I know that I rag on Issac (only when he deserves it) at times and I also know that Phil reads this board and I would not ever put Phil down, so when I critique someones physique it is purely that.

Here's the way I see it. Phil needs step on stage at the Olympia with at least another 10 to 15 pounds of muscle to do some damage. He took a long time off between the Colorado to the AC and was not any bigger as far as I could tell. I saw him guest pose at the Pittsburgh and he actually looked pretty small. So he seems to have failed again to go into the growing phase between shows. The offseason is when you put on size and Phil is too new to the sport to be laying off between shows when he needs to put on quality size.  I am talking about 10 to 15 pounds of quality muscle that he should have put on between his first two shows. At this stage and I could be wrong, I do not see Phil coming into the Olympia looking that much different. Phil has great conditioning so the only real changes are going to be adding muscle.

i agree he looks smaller, arms look as big as his legs.  and needs to up the volume in training, that was weak, you gotto put the whole hip in to in, and then snap it, at the same time not hurting any camera angles.

hope this helps.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »
Phils side chest shot is almost unbeatable tho...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2007, 07:42:43 PM »
I think he gets gifts at top level shows.  He looks great don't get me wrong but other people look alot better and wayyyyyyyyy thicker

They said the same thing about Flex Wheeler, although Phil ain't that good :D, but the detractors tried to find something wrong with Flex, just as You and others do with Phil.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2007, 07:44:27 PM »
I still say Lift Studios looks like Jeffrey from Fresh Prince.

Stavios

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2007, 08:15:19 PM »
Hey Phil, don't worry the haters always hate but the fans know you are the real deal  8)

Stavios, founder of the TEAM HEATH
HEATH: Winner of the 2008 Ironman and 2008 ASC  8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2007, 09:02:18 PM »

The fact that heath didn't gain a lot between the NY Pro and the ASC - IMO that was a GOOD thing.  He has one of the top physiqyes in the world, but he has to be careful with that waist.  And, IMO, blowing up 15 pounds will kill his aesthetics.  heath is one of those guys like a levrone or a flex - an athletic looking BBer.  When he adds 15 pounds, he'll be a blocky cutout like everyone else (albeit better arms), WITHOUT the wide frame to hold it that you see on a Cutler or Vic M.  That's why those guys are the best - their WIDTH.  Heath can't compete with that, and shouldn't try to.

heath should add his ten pounds over two years in my opinion.  Should get better, not bigger.  let the judging standards come to YOU, gift.  Don't get in line with everyone else and show up at the 2008 ASC with bunched up pecs and a waist you can't hold in.  Come in 4 pounds heavier and take that title because you define what everyone in the audience and at that judging table wants to look like.

This mass monster thing will end and they will eventually have to give the title to someone with a non-monstrosity.  I hope the gift fits what will be on the list when things get back to semi-normal.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents.  Good luck in the coming competitive season, phil!

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2007, 03:59:41 AM »
Total nonsense.... He is fine as he is. Victor Martinez winning the ASC at 10 percent bodyfat was absurd. Phil was atleast 2nd place and id put him in first for being more conditioned then Dexter. He hasn't "payed his dues" yet. I love the excuses judges make for not rightfully placing people.

An in shape heath would not stand a chance against an in shape victor - im not saying he never will - but at his current size he wouldnt. Victor just needs to get the conditioning nailed more often

Stavios

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2007, 10:09:02 AM »
The fact that heath didn't gain a lot between the NY Pro and the ASC - IMO that was a GOOD thing.  He has one of the top physiqyes in the world, but he has to be careful with that waist.  And, IMO, blowing up 15 pounds will kill his aesthetics.  heath is one of those guys like a levrone or a flex - an athletic looking BBer.  When he adds 15 pounds, he'll be a blocky cutout like everyone else (albeit better arms), WITHOUT the wide frame to hold it that you see on a Cutler or Vic M.  That's why those guys are the best - their WIDTH.  Heath can't compete with that, and shouldn't try to.

heath should add his ten pounds over two years in my opinion.  Should get better, not bigger.  let the judging standards come to YOU, gift.  Don't get in line with everyone else and show up at the 2008 ASC with bunched up pecs and a waist you can't hold in.  Come in 4 pounds heavier and take that title because you define what everyone in the audience and at that judging table wants to look like.

This mass monster thing will end and they will eventually have to give the title to someone with a non-monstrosity.  I hope the gift fits what will be on the list when things get back to semi-normal.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents.  Good luck in the coming competitive season, phil!

240, wash you son's ass in the shower for a day and save some money by not using any diapers

take that money and buy the new Flex, you will see some nices shots of Phil a week out of the ASC at 225 where he was much fuller and better than at the ASC

IMO, Phil can compete at a hard 230 as early as the Ironman 2008

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2007, 10:19:05 AM »
An in shape heath would not stand a chance against an in shape victor - im not saying he never will - but at his current size he wouldnt. Victor just needs to get the conditioning nailed more often
Wrong. Victor has a t-taper and poor shape. He isn't pleasing to the eye like heath is.

Stavios

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »
2 of my favorite physiques

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2007, 10:44:28 AM »
240, wash you son's ass in the shower for a day and save some money by not using any diapers

I've been hit with a rifle round ricocet, a windshield and a baseball bat in my day.

I still prefer all 3 to a dirty diaper.

take that money and buy the new Flex, you will see some nices shots of Phil a week out of the ASC at 225 where he was much fuller and better than at the ASC
IMO, Phil can compete at a hard 230 as early as the Ironman 2008

I don't know who to believe on the phil heath numbers. we heard a lot of talk about him being 10 to 15 pound bigger in 07 than 06.  I just see him getting in trouble bunching up in the pecs when he tries to play in the vic martinez lane.

Stavios

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2007, 10:49:15 AM »
I've been hit with a rifle round ricocet, a windshield and a baseball bat in my day.

I still prefer all 3 to a dirty diaper.

LMAO !!!  ;D

as for who believing, well LiftStudio likes to overhype Phil so he lose a bit of credibility when speaking about him.
same with MadMax cause he always say that * insert a name * will be his best ever

so I should see every pre contest pics and I'll give my honnest opinion as the leader of the Team Phil Heath 2007-2008  8) ;D

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »
Wrong. Victor has a t-taper and poor shape. He isn't pleasing to the eye like heath is.

Thats your opinion and your entitloed to it. I honestly believe both victor and phil could be the next 2 mr o's, but it will be victor before phil if they both get there. When Victor is diced he still has the x-frame and everything sits where it should, similar to heath but on a bigger scale, (aesthetics probably not as good as heath, but good enough)