Author Topic: Phil Heath 1-wk before Arnold video  (Read 5547 times)

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
Re: Phil Heath 1-wk before Arnold video
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 05:46:35 PM »
i look up to phil as a pro for having a physique that i really admire. Its pleasing to the eye. Nice lines and taper. Not a 300lbs beast looking like hes in his 3rd trimester. I think with time he will be great.Physiques like phils are what bbing is all about. He makes the younger guys wanna get in the gym and lift. That whole 260lbs+ look just wont look right on him.
-

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 05:48:14 PM »
i look up to phil as a pro for having a physique that i really admire. Its pleasing to the eye. Nice lines and taper. Not a 300lbs beast looking like hes in his 3rd trimester. I think with time he will be great.Physiques like phils are what bbing is all about. He makes the younger guys wanna get in the gym and lift. That whole 260lbs+ look just wont look right on him.
Indeed.... i hope i could be where he is at when im 26.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 06:00:51 PM »
Indeed.... i hope i could be where he is at when im 26.

if that means having creeps around like lift studios trying to feel up on your and take pictures then hell no

I wonder how much pussy he gets
Here comes the money shot

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 03:29:37 AM »
anyone who thinks that Phil didn't deserve his place at the Arnold classic is a moron. Everyone knows Phil is only a baby and has only been training for 4 years or so. Give him another 4 and watch out.

hey phill tell us, did you step into a gym 4years ago??? i doubt so... ::) i think u started lifting seriously 4 years ago...but had years of fooling around in the gym before that

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 04:04:37 AM »
phils physique is fucken sick all you haters can "chupa mi fiero"
i

Mat

• Getbig II
  • Wizard from Oz
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 04:57:07 AM »
Phil will definately be a top contender for shows to come in the future. I'm sure he will only get bigger and maintain his shape and mid section as he learns more about his body after each comp. Maybe one day bodybuilders like Phil will get the higher placings in future shows over the mass monsters.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 04:57:18 AM »
i thought i beat some of these guys? c'mon now, this makes no sense.

No offence phil, wasnt meant to be a flame, i personally prefer your physique over many of them mentioned, namely badell, warren, ruhl, taylor and maybe 1 or 2 others. I think to be competitive at the top though you need to get close to martinez's size. If you can do that, without sacrifycing your shape too much, i think you have a chance at the very very top and of winning the big 1. Im just talking about what the judges seem to be looking for with this list. You have time on your size, dont rush it.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2007, 05:22:56 AM »
hey phill tell us, did you step into a gym 4years ago??? i doubt so... ::) i think u started lifting seriously 4 years ago...but had years of fooling around in the gym before that

I can't stand hearing that story..never mind the fact that he was a personal training and probably dabbling with prohormones.

and now they make it seems like he only drinks milk and honey and rolls out of bed on competition day and wins.
Here comes the money shot

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 05:34:48 AM »
i thought i beat some of these guys? c'mon now, this makes no sense.

we still love you gift...
I am a mini beast

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2007, 05:43:48 AM »
He has great arms and shoulders and that is it.  He need back chest and legs.  Branch warren gustavo badell Marcus Ruhl way better IMO

Markus Ruhl does not look better then Phil neither does any of the ones you've mentioned.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2007, 05:45:57 AM »
He might be a great guy and will prolly do well in the future but I think he is 40-50 pounds behind alot of the poeple in the line up

Are you kidding me 40-50 pounds??? That's whats wrong with bb. He's what, around 225-235 max. If he puts 40-50 Ibs that would be completely ruin his physique.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 05:54:11 AM »
Heath reminds me a LOT of Flex wheeler.

Don't think anyone in the game today has arms that pop like Flex's did like Heath.

Heath, much like flex or arnold, doesn't look that impressive just standing there, but when they hit a pose its' like their muscles explode.

In that video, his arms look decent when relaxed but when he flexes, you can tell why he has the best arms right now.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2007, 07:03:38 AM »

Are you kidding me 40-50 pounds??? That's whats wrong with bb. He's what, around 225-235 max. If he puts 40-50 Ibs that would be completely ruin his physique.

Phil competes at around 215 at the moment according to most reports. He needs to be atleast 240 to be competitive with martinez cutler etc in my opinion

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »
Phil competes at around 215 at the moment according to most reports. He needs to be atleast 240 to be competitive with martinez cutler etc in my opinion
Total nonsense.... He is fine as he is. Victor Martinez winning the ASC at 10 percent bodyfat was absurd. Phil was atleast 2nd place and id put him in first for being more conditioned then Dexter. He hasn't "payed his dues" yet. I love the excuses judges make for not rightfully placing people.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 09:37:06 AM »
I do hope that the judging standards reward the guys like martinez and heath for awhile.   This is why the IFBB should have a 210lb and under/ over class.

Then they would see who brings more money to the market when the mag covers hit the shelves......the 210lb class would make them alot more money in sales.

Most guys would rather have a zane type body for life. imo.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007, 09:43:26 AM »
I do hope that the judging standards reward the guys like martinez and heath for awhile.   This is why the IFBB should have a 210lb and under/ over class.

Then they would see who brings more money to the market when the mag covers hit the shelves......the 210lb class would make them alot more money in sales.

Most guys would rather have a zane type body for life. imo.
Martinez looked awful compared to Phil.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »
among the best arms today. definately the best triceps.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2007, 10:16:19 AM »
Martinez looked awful compared to Phil.

Yeah, it can vary show to show.   Phil can nail his conditioning better than martinez, but martinez has the classic X-frame.   So it can be close.  Ive met phil and vic so i hope for either one......good guys.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2007, 03:53:47 PM »

As I've stated before many times, I was playing hoops all my life until after I was 22 and was also done playing. I then began lifting later that year. Its not like I never lifted a weight, but you must understand that we ran so much that weights weren't that big of a priority, so we didn't do them as much as other athletes. Sorry to break the news to ya, but I wasn't training like you think I was.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »
I can't stand hearing that story..never mind the fact that he was a personal training and probably dabbling with prohormones.

and now they make it seems like he only drinks milk and honey and rolls out of bed on competition day and wins.

Now your just being silly, c'mon bro.  :D

I was never a personal trainer so that's a mistake on your assessment and how would you know what I did huh? So when you say, "never mind the fact..." you make no sense because you have no facts...sorry bro. I understand that you are a natural guy and that's awesome, but please know that I've always been an athlete and its been proven in more than one sport. You've gotta realize this or you're gonna continue hating on others which really serves no purpose when no one has said anything about you right? I've once again spent too much time here, but I do appreciate some of the comments as they are well taken and rest easy and know that I'm not ruining my physique so we can now put that theory to rest.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2007, 04:02:30 PM »

Yeah, it can vary show to show.   Phil can nail his conditioning better than martinez, but martinez has the classic X-frame.   So it can be close.  Ive met phil and vic so i hope for either one......good guys.

I cant say that I agree with ya WH... victors gut is as big as the rest.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2007, 04:05:18 PM »
As I've stated before many times, I was playing hoops all my life until after I was 22 and was also done playing. I then began lifting later that year. Its not like I never lifted a weight, but you must understand that we ran so much that weights weren't that big of a priority, so we didn't do them as much as other athletes. Sorry to break the news to ya, but I wasn't training like you think I was.

Regardless, you have a great physique, bro.

Few years back when Lift studios bragged about you on here, I was skeptical.. Now I see what he was saying..

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »
if that means having creeps around like lift studios trying to feel up on your and take pictures then hell no

I wonder how much pussy he gets

lift studios is like Jeffrey from Fresh Prince of Belair! And Phil is like Will Smith!

WetWorker

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2007, 04:45:28 PM »

I was never a personal trainer so that's a mistake on your assessment and how would you know what I did huh? So when you say, "never mind the fact..." you make no sense because you have no facts...sorry bro. I understand that you are a natural guy and that's awesome, but please know that I've always been an athlete and its been proven in more than one sport. You've gotta realize this or you're gonna continue hating on others which really serves no purpose when no one has said anything about you right? I've once again spent too much time here, but I do appreciate some of the comments as they are well taken and rest easy and know that I'm not ruining my physique so we can now put that theory to rest.

Phil thanks for taking the time to respond and I hope you don't feel you are being belittled by comments on your current build. I have alot of respect for you and I hope my comments didn't seem rude.   I think you are going to be one of the greats in a few years but I just don't feel you are there yet.   

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2007, 04:49:45 PM »

Good deal