Author Topic: FL GOP leaders say voter suppression was reason they pushed new election laws  (Read 3323 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
good guess

it was actually a conservative Washington-based think tank called The Tax Foundation

http://taxfoundation.org/article/federal-spending-received-dollar-taxes-paid-state-2005

Meh...you can't show they are conservative anymore than I can show they are liberal.

I looked at the site but couldn't find anything.

Please show me where the group is saying that the map can be used to draw conclusions about federal disbursements...and what specific conclusions they are saying can be drawn.

And I don't mean a bloggers op ed.

Something concrete.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Meh...you can't show they are conservative anymore than I can show they are liberal.

I looked at the site but couldn't find anything.

Please show me where the group is saying that the map can be used to draw conclusions about federal disbursements...and what specific conclusions they are saying can be drawn.

And I don't mean a bloggers op ed.

Something concrete.

I thought you might say that but I also thought you might find the info

per Wiki

Since 1990 or earlier, the Tax Foundation has "operate[d] as a separate unit" of Citizens for a Sound Economy.

Citizens for a Sound Economy (CSE) (1984–2004) was a conservative political group operating in the United States, whose self-described mission was "to fight for less government, lower taxes, and less regulation." In 2004, Citizens for a Sound Economy split into two new organizations, with Citizens for a Sound Economy being renamed as FreedomWorks, and Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation becoming Americans for Prosperity.

Do either of those two names sound familiar

Do you want to guess who owns them or do you already know?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
yeah that's why he sends me racist PM's and I've never sent him a PM in my life

my guess is the McWay lives in a red state which probably gets more in federal funds than it pays in taxes yet I live in a State (CA) that actually receives less from the Fed than we pay in taxes

which state do you live in ?

PLEASE!! Your state has a third of the country's welfare recipients.

My home state was red until 2008 (but still has no state taxes  ;D ). Hint: We elected a Tea Party guy to the Senate who easily won his race, beating the pants off one of those mushy moderate RINOs you think we should emulate.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
How can you expect your group to foot the bill when red states receive more federal dollars than others?
[/quote

We're not talking about mere federal dollars. We're talking specifically about welfare recipients. I believed I addressed that in a link earlier.

A third of this country's welfare cases live in the biggest blue state in this country, California.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

My home state was red until 2008 (but still has no state taxes  ;D ). Hint: We elected a Tea Party guy to the Senate who easily won his race, beating the pants off one of those mushy moderate RINOs you think we should emulate.

where do you live ?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

really, maybe that's because we have the largest population

either way we send more dollars to the Federal government then we receive in federal funding so what's it to YOU if we have more welfare recipients

btw - do you know that % of population or are you going of gross #s

What state do you live in again?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
really, maybe that's because we have the largest population

And how many of those are there ILLEGALY?

either way we send more dollars to the Federal government then we receive in federal funding so what's it to YOU if we have more welfare recipients

btw - do you know that % of population or are you going of gross #s

What state do you live in again?

I already told you. My home state is Florida. But, because of my job, I've lived and worked in other states (i.e. Georgia and Virginia).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I already told you. My home state is Florida. But, because of my job, I've lived and worked in other states (i.e. Georgia and Virginia).

FL take a lot of heat (no pun intended) for the boneheaded shit that a lot of the residents here do...

But it's a great place to live.  78 and partly cloudy right now :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
And how many of those are there ILLEGALY?

so your home state of FL receives 97 cents in federal funds for every $1 sent to the Federal Govt in taxes

CA receive 78 cents for every dollar of taxes sent to the Federal Govt

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
so your home state of FL receives 97 cents in federal funds for every $1 sent to the Federal Govt in taxes

To be fair you cant blame this on Mcway.

But you can blame him for being a hyp liar if the above info is true.(too lazy to check now).

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
I thought you might say that but I also thought you might find the info

per Wiki

Since 1990 or earlier, the Tax Foundation has "operate[d] as a separate unit" of Citizens for a Sound Economy.

Citizens for a Sound Economy (CSE) (1984–2004) was a conservative political group operating in the United States, whose self-described mission was "to fight for less government, lower taxes, and less regulation." In 2004, Citizens for a Sound Economy split into two new organizations, with Citizens for a Sound Economy being renamed as FreedomWorks, and Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation becoming Americans for Prosperity.

Do either of those two names sound familiar

Do you want to guess who owns them or do you already know?

Yeah...two fine libertarians.

Is it any shock you ran from the real discussion...  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Yeah...two fine libertarians.

Is it any shock you ran from the real discussion...  ::)

Ran away from what exactly?
I responded to your last post on November 26 and then you were gone until today