Author Topic: FL GOP leaders say voter suppression was reason they pushed new election laws  (Read 3332 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Don't take my word for it. Look at the stats from the last three elections. Those without a high school degree go democrat. Most single women (with or without kids) go Democrat.

Check the link I cited earlier.

Apparently, so do you. But, as long as he merely promises a certain result without actually delivering such, he's worthy of your vote.

Ehh wrong i dont believe shit that comes out of their mouth dem or repub.

But results speaks highly in favor of dem.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
And those are the same people who think they have some god given moral authority to tell everyone else how to live their life

Versus people like you who think you have some man-given authority to tell others how to live (particularly with regards to how much of their own money they should keep and that they should fund other people's lifestyle choices).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Versus people like you who think you have some man-given authority to tell others how to live (particularly with regards to how much of their own money they should keep and that they should fund other people's lifestyle choices).

I have no authority to tell you anything

the government has authority over the money part and regarding to "how to live your life" part you are free to choose how to live your life just as I am

It's your group that wants to impose your beliefs on the rest of us and remove our freedom of choice and replace it with your preferred choice based on your preferred interpretation of your preferred religion

come on now, we've been down this same road about a million times now

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ehh wrong i dont believe shit that comes out of their mouth dem or repub.

But results speaks highly in favor of dem.

So, you don't believe Obama; but because he simply promised to do certain things, rather than actually doing them, that's good enough for a second term.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Well said from each others own point of view

the government has authority over the money part and regarding to "how to live your life" part you are free to choose how to live your life just as I am

It's your group that wants to impose your beliefs on the rest of us and remove our freedom of choice and replace it with your preferred choice based on your preferred interpretation of your preferred religion

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

And, you keep crashing into the same wall of denial.

When your group makes STUPID choices, you want my group, as it were, to foot the bill for the consequences.

With freedom comes responsibility; but that last part seems to be a problem for your group. It's always somebody else's fault that they're in the mess in which they find themselves.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Ozmo - you need to lighten up man

this isn't a pre-school class

we're all adults (I assume)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

When your group makes STUPID choices, you want my group, as it were, to foot the bill for the consequences.

With freedom comes responsibility; but that last part seems to be a problem for your group. It's always somebody else's fault that they're in the mess in which they find themselves.

I don't want "your group" to foot the bill for anything

It's your group (fundies and red states) that actually costs this country more than my group (west coast, moderately wealthy liberals)

Who do you think is subsidizing the cost for all those unwed mothers in Missippi because they were too stupid to use birth control or can't get access to the morning after pill or an abortion or choose not to use it

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I don't want "your group" to foot the bill for anything

It's your group (fundies and red states) that actually costs this country more than my group (west coast, moderately wealthy liberals)

Who do you think is subsidizing the cost for all those unwed mothers in Missippi because they were too stupid to use birth control or can't get access to the morning after pill or an abortion or choose not to use it

Did you say WEST COAST? Please!!

As if your states aren't already subsidizing all those unwed mothers in California and elsewhere (especially those that managed to sneak across the border).  ::)

Between all the illegal aliens you have to subsidize and the obsession with legalizing weed, you'll have more welfare cases in a month than we "fundies" will have in a year.

That's why the folks in California had to raise taxes on themselves (yeah, as if enough well-to-do folks aren't bailing, already). It appears all those unwed mothers were too broke to use birth control or, perish the thought, KEEP THEIR LEGS CLOSED, until they can afford to feed and clothe some children.

Heck, they're getting it "free"; yet, out-of-wedlock birth are STILL out of control.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So, you don't believe Obama; but because he simply promised to do certain things, rather than actually doing them, that's good enough for a second term.

No the fact that the alternative is much worse.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

As if your states aren't already subsidizing all those unwed mothers in California and elsewhere (especially those that managed to sneak across the border).  ::)

Between all the illegal aliens you have to subsidize and the obsession with legalizing weed, you'll have more welfare cases in a month than we "fundies" will have in a year.

That's why the folks in California had to raise taxes on themselves (yeah, as if enough well-to-do folks aren't bailing, already). It appears all those unwed mothers were too broke to use birth control or, perish the thought, KEEP THEIR LEGS CLOSED, until they can afford to feed and clothe some children.

Heck, they're getting it "free"; yet, out-of-wedlock birth are STILL out of control.

Have you been to the west coast Mcway?

I was there on holiday but your experience doesnt fit mine.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

we raised taxes to improve our schools (something every state should do whether the raise taxes to do it or now)

perhaps I've misundertood what you're referring to with my group and your group (I assumed your group was red state fundies)

who is "your group" and "my group" in your quote below and what is the example of the stupid choice made only by my group and paid only by yours?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
exactly why they have to utilize classic Orwellian projection of accusing their opponents of the thing for which they themselves are the most guilty

to be totally fair to Repubs though, most are just too stupid to even know this or understand it

they really believe the lies they tell

This is incredibly true.

The greatest example was Beck calling Obama a racist.
G

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Ozmo - you need to lighten up man

this isn't a pre-school class

we're all adults (I assume)

Lighten what up?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Well said from each others own point of view

lol...yep.

But, a truism for all.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
This is incredibly true.

The greatest example was Beck calling Obama a racist.

yep, perfect example

Skip8282

• Getbig V
exactly why they have to utilize classic Orwellian projection of accusing their opponents of the thing for which they themselves are the most guilty

Yeah...like when they send out Susan Rice to tell everyone a YouTube video was the problem and then turn around and blame Fox....oh wait.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Yeah...like when they send out Susan Rice to tell everyone a YouTube video was the problem and then turn around and blame Fox....oh wait.

nope - not even close

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Anyone know what state McWay lives in ?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Anyone know what state McWay lives in ?

Dude c'mon....you already stalk 33...isn't that enough?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Dude c'mon....you already stalk 33...isn't that enough?

yeah that's why he sends me racist PM's and I've never sent him a PM in my life

my guess is the McWay lives in a red state which probably gets more in federal funds than it pays in taxes yet I live in a State (CA) that actually receives less from the Fed than we pay in taxes

which state do you live in ?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Right now MD, but I move frequently so I'm not a good example.

It would take more patience than I have to explain it...but you're comparing apples and oranges.

It's obvious you don't understand basic choropleth mapping and your drawing conclusions that just can't be drawn.

My guess is someone on HuffPost/MSNBC/COMMIENOW or whatever threw up the map and told you a comparison could be made?

Sound about right?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

How can you expect your group to foot the bill when red states receive more federal dollars than others?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Right now MD, but I move frequently so I'm not a good example.

It would take more patience than I have to explain it...but you're comparing apples and oranges.

It's obvious you don't understand basic choropleth mapping and your drawing conclusions that just can't be drawn.

My guess is someone on HuffPost/MSNBC/COMMIENOW or whatever threw up the map and told you a comparison could be made?

Sound about right?

good guess

it was actually a conservative Washington-based think tank called The Tax Foundation

http://taxfoundation.org/article/federal-spending-received-dollar-taxes-paid-state-2005

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
There's a reason we have ELECTION DAY, not election week or election month.

Do you think there is a reason to try to complete the vote in a day instead of holding the election over the period of a week, Sunday to Sunday?