Author Topic: Fastest you have gone in a car  (Read 27862 times)

slacker

• Getbig V
Re: Fastest you have gone in a car
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »
I knew a guy had a accident in a 95 supra and yor right the interior was wrapped right around him
I

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2009, 08:26:23 PM »
yeah i got that in my f450 king ranch my 09 f350 harley and i think its the same in the 09 f450 harley I just ordered
wanna know how fast my f450 is
I

body88

« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
180+ in a friends F430.  170 or so on my GSXR 750 when I rode bikes in college.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2009, 08:28:01 PM »
180+ in a friends F430.  170 or so on my GSXR 750 when I rode bikes in college.
that was smart I just got into bikes recently. @33 years of age and now I got a 5 year old son. so I hardly burp the throttle like I use. sometimes I feel like and old man but I do make it home everynight
I

body88

« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »
that was smart I just got into bikes recently. @33 years of age and now I got a 5 year old son. so I hardly burp the throttle like I use. sometimes I feel like and old man but I do make it home everynight

I got out of bikes after I had a serious scare (car almost t-boned me into a telephone pole).  I used to race motocross as a kid, so I have always loved bikes.  It's all about having a good time and getting home safe.  Your doing the right thing for yourself and for you son.  Good luck out there.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2009, 08:31:35 PM »
I got out of bikes after I broke many bones.  I used to race motocross as a kid, so I have always loved bikes.  It's all about having a good time and getting home safe.  Your doing the right thing for yourself and for you son.  Good luck out there.
thanks man  my son rides quads and a 80 cc honda dirtbike right now. he is big for a 5 year old  but he scares me with the shit he pulls off.  He is into building ramps and jumping off the loading dock in the barn.
I

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »
Lots of bench racing in here, there is no one anywhere who drives a 1000+hp car to work every day. And what do you class as street legal? None of the cars mentioned are legal to drive on the street (no cats, slicks/ETs etc...) although saying that Marko would drive his 8 second Supra to byron and back home. 100 mile round trip.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2009, 08:55:20 PM »
I've done around 130 mph on the autobahn...pretty frightening stuff...I'm a wimp

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2009, 08:55:39 PM »
Lots of bench racing in here, there is no one anywhere who drives a 1000+hp car to work every day. And what do you class as street legal? None of the cars mentioned are legal to drive on the street (no cats, slicks/ETs etc...) although saying that Marko would drive his 8 second Supra to byron and back home. 100 mile round trip.
I resent the fact you are trying to make sense out of this. you big bully
I

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2009, 10:05:59 PM »
This thread has about as much validity as a "how much can you bench press" thread.  Everyone is claiming 7-10 quarter mile cars and I love it how bros are claiming cars running mid-12's slow.  Especially when they are probably driving crossfires and pt cruisers.  If your car is that fast surely you would have dyno sheets...

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »
Speedometer pics or none of your claims happened :)

I took one while driving my old Trans Am at 240 kmph (150 mph)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2009, 10:32:33 PM »

I thought you were Kevin Nee  :-\

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2009, 10:40:04 PM »
Speedometer pics or none of your claims happened :)

I took one while driving my old Trans Am at 240 kmph (150 mph)

I love the 4th gen TA those kicked ass.  LT1 or LS1 bro?
It was between an 04 Millennium Yellow C5 and a 02 Black WS6 TA a couple of years ago for me.  I bought the vette instead because it had an extended GM warranty and it was my second favorite car ever, but I wish I had that TA now(that was my favorite car GTA too).  I love my vette, but a black WS6 is badass and sooo much cheaper to mod.  Insurance for a single male in his mid/late 20's is not cheap and Modding my vette is so expensive; I bought longtubes headers with a dyno tune and install ran $2100 (36RWHP/31RWTQ dyno gain ;D), on a TA the headers are half the price of the vette!!!  Other than that I have a BBK CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe and exhaust w/AR longtube headers.  
My best times
60' 2.007
1/4 mile: 12.5991 @ 111.11
It's an auto, I just floor it, tires just roast.Hence the terrible 60ft time.
Fastest I have ever went in the car is about 119.

It's no Lambo or Ferrari, but it does alright for me.  My Daily driver is an 1987 TA, 187K miles and still rollin :P

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2009, 12:20:07 AM »
I love the 4th gen TA those kicked ass.  LT1 or LS1 bro?
It was between an 04 Millennium Yellow C5 and a 02 Black WS6 TA a couple of years ago for me.  I bought the vette instead because it had an extended GM warranty and it was my second favorite car ever, but I wish I had that TA now(that was my favorite car GTA too).  I love my vette, but a black WS6 is badass and sooo much cheaper to mod.  Insurance for a single male in his mid/late 20's is not cheap and Modding my vette is so expensive; I bought longtubes headers with a dyno tune and install ran $2100 (36RWHP/31RWTQ dyno gain ;D), on a TA the headers are half the price of the vette!!!  Other than that I have a BBK CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe and exhaust w/AR longtube headers.  
My best times
60' 2.007
1/4 mile: 12.5991 @ 111.11
It's an auto, I just floor it, tires just roast.Hence the terrible 60ft time.
Fastest I have ever went in the car is about 119.

It's no Lambo or Ferrari, but it does alright for me.  My Daily driver is an 1987 TA, 187K miles and still rollin :P

It was an LT1.  Sick ride bro!  I'd like to get a Vette one day too.  Right now I'm just using a 4x4, largely because the winters here are horrible.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2009, 12:35:55 AM »
You know, i really wanted to mod my car, then it hit me, people who spend thousands of dollars modding a car, let's say a Honda Civic, still have a Honda Civic when it's said and done. And they will never get, let's say the 70K they put into the car.  

Now it's hard to find a unmolested Supra turbo, because people rice the things up.
And let's not start in to 800 HP Skyline's...do you really think it's fun waiting for the turbo's to spoul up? And then Wham...!!! Engineers spend thousands of man hours to make the production car hav a little noticable lag as possible.

Yet us Yanks with our 1000 HP Supras, and UK and Japan with the 800 HP Skylines jst think Turbo lag is soooo fun, as long as it makes big numbers, but could never et close to the Veyron Pur Sang, that i have in my back yard.

Peasants, all of you!
Ive little to no lag on my car , not running 800 horsies(mines 700) but I have friends who do have that sort of power , one in his 260rs stagea and he has no lag , but he has increased displacement to 2.8  ;D.. always ways around things , of course the bigger you go  you will always lose down low but as long as you still have a good popwer band to use then who cares , its hardly noticeable..Ive been in some big single turbo gtrs and its all how its set up..pure drag strip cars wont be fun on the street but there are ways to make the little bit of loss of response hardly noticeable.

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2009, 02:41:20 AM »

Z06s have 505hp in the engine not in RW

The Twin Turbo viper that I posted is 2008 model 24/24 and I think it is the last one that was made … the car cost around US$135gs and so did the mod so a total of around 270gs

A twin turbo can not run its full potential on pump gas

Stability … not even in it vocabulary is goes sideways once u floor it in any gear … but at ¾ throttle the car just flies the world moves  like u pressed fast forward … it run on 116 octane (c16) it delivers the 1200hp (I think 1086 hp in RW) in 6th gear only as the boost get higher with higher gear changes … 

The fastest stock supra I hear was a blue supra that had stick engine with a T66 (if I remember right) and did a 699RWHP  … the 2JZ engine was great if u knew what u were doing

Ara Arslanian made couple of Supra and Sloara that used these engine + to the extreme mods and go 6s at the drag strip … that was when he and George Ioannou were together …

A supra engine with a proper stockerkit + T100 turbo is a dangerous combination … can be driven on the street and great drag time (in 7s) but cant be used as a daily car … as for the gear using a stock or a Hollinger is an option … but wont effect the street driven option

And I am sure everyone realized that the red viper had a auto trans on it …

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2009, 02:50:47 AM »
What does a stock LS1 vette or Trans AM/camaro and a 800hp supra have in common?

They all run 1/4 miles in the 12's. Supras are well known dyno queens all top end power.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2009, 04:03:38 AM »
my LT-1, 5.7 engine had some nice work done on her, ive had her up to 140mph afew times years back but backed off cause that was alittle nerve racking for me to be honest,i think i shit my pants,lol.my speedometer goes to 160 but ive never hit that yet and dont plan to.i have a 2 and a year old son and a wife these days,it wouldnt be fair to my family doing that kind of crazy shit no more.im far from a huge bread winner or anything but the money i do make pays the bills and puts food on the table for my family.at those speeds your life could be snuffed out in a split second,a blow out, a oil slick,a deer runs into the highway ect,and thats not to good of a scenario for anyone to be in imo
R

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2009, 04:29:41 AM »
wheres the mercedes
Research the Crossfire....

3.2 SLK Drivetrain, engine, brakes, ECU...you know Mercedes...but I figured you would know that....sincde you seem to think you know EVERYTHING about cars  ???

::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2009, 10:19:56 AM »
What does a stock LS1 vette or Trans AM/camaro and a 800hp supra have in common?

They all run 1/4 miles in the 12's. Supras are well known dyno queens all top end power.

Ha ha ha ha so true that's like the other old saying what does a 500RWHP Supra and a 800RWHP Supra have in common? nothing they both run 12.5s lol

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2009, 10:50:47 AM »
piece of shit cars :D

this is much better, and also twice as expensive

tank u jesus

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2009, 11:26:03 AM »

Agree.  My near-stock LT1 (only upgrades were headers, exhaust, cold air intake & MAF) very decisively beat a modified Supra from 0 to about 130 mph (although he was probably only at 115 mph before I started breaking).  And mine had an automatic transmission.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2009, 11:59:45 AM »
Agree.  My near-stock LT1 (only upgrades were headers, exhaust, cold air intake & MAF) very decisively beat a modified Supra from 0 to about 130 mph (although he was probably only at 115 mph before I started breaking).  And mine had an automatic transmission.

Oh please that car would be lucky to break 14 seconds. A stock auto LT1 camaro is a mid 14 second car. A stock Supra is mid to low 13s stock.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: February 22, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »
Oh please that car would be lucky to break 14 seconds. A stock auto LT1 camaro is a mid 14 second car. A stock Supra is mid to low 13s stock.

Actually, the stock LT1 TA has a 1/4 mile under 14 seconds - look it up.  Mine had about an extra 40 hp in mods.  A stock Supra is nowhere near mid to low 13's - any published claims of such are simply BS, as I learned for myself ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2009, 12:04:34 PM »
Actually, the stock LT1 TA has a 1/4 mile under 14 seconds - look it up.  Mine had about an extra 40 hp in mods.  A stock Supra is nowhere near mid to low 13's - any published claims of such are simply BS, as I learned for myself ;)

Stock Supra's could run in the mid 13s I've seen it done at the drags many times