Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman Guest Posing at the 1999 Heart of Texas  (Read 20547 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Ronnie Coleman Guest Posing at the 1999 Heart of Texas
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2010, 08:05:12 AM »
I was at both the 98 and 99 Olympias, my wife was an  exec for NBTY at the time and got primo tickets for every major show. I think 99 was his best showing, he looked unbelievable. In person he was inhuman, Can't put into words how much muscle he carried, I felt puny next to him.

As far as who was better, him or Dorian....Iv'e only seen Dorian in person once at Bev's gym and he was covered up.....but he looked thicker than a Rhinocerous, his forearms looked like hams they were so thick. They are the number 1 and 1A BBers of all time.....depends on your personal preference.

The fact that Yates defeated Ronnie before he was RONNIE means nothing....a lot of guys beat him that he then dominated for years

The difference being is Dorian beat all of the guys that beat Ronnie for years and none of them beat him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2010, 08:07:39 AM »
well said. but you are talking to a bunch of people that have had their balloons burst by me several times already today. they are going to be a sorry bunch of people today. their arguments are just being shot down and their tricks are being exposed left right and center today.

LOL this is such a great day.

but not if your a guy LOL

poor kid , your reduced to this.  :-\

dude in all seriousness do yourself a favor and take some time off from posting , come back when you had some time to reflect I mean this seriously.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2010, 11:30:28 AM »
WTF? I didn't doctor his back. that pic was taken directly from either bodybuilding dungeon.com or bodybuilding pro .com

ronnie's back is so thick its hard to tell it was even altered. obviously I didn't realize this.

I'll get  you the link so you can die of embarassment upon making the accusation of me doctoring pics.

its funny, the nuthuggers are always trying to accuse me of making up quotes or altering pics, and every time they get embarassed when I show them I didn't.

don't you think this is getting old losers?

Why would I be embarrassed upon calling you for posting worked pics?  ??? You're just as guilty for spreading fallacies as those who cooked them up in the first place. I'm not buying your crap on pleading ignorance of not knowing they were worked since you've been known to lie and busted conjuring up quotes from thin air. I'll tell you something else kiddo, your posts are starting to produce a psychotic slant to it. I'm willing to bet all these years of getting bitch slapped has left you frustrated for any form of justifiable victory, however small. No wonder you're claiming 'win' in every 3rd post you make. You're hoping that by some miracle one of them will stick to the wall and you finally will have something to brag about. Because right now son, you have F-all.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »
Bump  ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »
yup. ronnie 99 is unmatched still to this day.
To bad for Cormier he picked that event to be at his all time best as well ...
L

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
To bad for Cormier he picked that event to be at his all time best as well ...

true. Chris looked fanastic in 99 as well and should have beaten Flex Wheeler that year.

but like in 1998, Flex gained points based on his name and hype going in, not how he looked on contest day. his arms/delts were just a tad obvious in the synthol department that year LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »
true. Chris looked fanastic in 99 as well and should have beaten Flex Wheeler that year.

but like in 1998, Flex gained points based on his name and hype going in, not how he looked on contest day. his arms/delts were just a tad obvious in the synthol department that year LOL

Ronnie had no hype leading to that contest?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
he did in 99 (obviously)

but not in 98. he wasn't even included in the first callout yet still went on to win.

that was the first time that happened in many years.

going into the 98 O. ronnie was not really considered a threat to win.

a threat to do well and make top 6? yes, he had won the NOC that year.

but not to win. it was all about Flex, Nasser and Kevin going in..

hell, Ronnie had placed 9th the year before. no one expected him to win it all.
Flower Boy Ran Away

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2010, 06:57:32 PM »
Wrong. Ronnie, Nasser, and Flex were the big 3 potential winners being promoted in 98
Team Yates

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2010, 01:28:15 AM »
he did in 99 (obviously)

but not in 98. he wasn't even included in the first callout yet still went on to win.

that was the first time that happened in many years.

going into the 98 O. ronnie was not really considered a threat to win.

a threat to do well and make top 6? yes, he had won the NOC that year.

but not to win. it was all about Flex, Nasser and Kevin going in..

hell, Ronnie had placed 9th the year before. no one expected him to win it all.

Booooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm you walked right into that one  ;D

Flex June 2002

Ronnie Coleman won the '98 Night Of Champions and that got the buzz going that he could win the Mr. O. If everything goes according to plan, could you quickly reestablish your contender status with a decisive victory in New York?

I love when you try and act like you know what you're talking about then I beat you over the head with facts.  ;D

Also you forgot Ronnie won the 1997 Grand Prix of Russia as well as the 1998 Night of Champions and the 1998 Toronto Pro he also placed second in the 1998 San Francisco Pro , so Ronnie had a lot of Buzz going into the 1998 Mr Olympia as usual you know nothing and I own you.  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2010, 03:28:20 AM »
he may have been promoted in some magazines, which is no surprise. they have to try and sell tickets. see the Guntermania fiasco LOL..

but in the judges eyes, he was not in the running at first. which is what counts.

the fact that he was not in the initial call out says it all. Flex mag made a big deal out of this at the time. the last time an eventual winner was NOT called out in the first call out was 1984 if I recall.

just when you idiots think you have me, I am always one step ahead of you.

remember that next time.

you will have to get used to this. :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2010, 03:47:25 AM »
You guys are a pack of fukin hom0s arguing about this same shit over and over in nearly every thread..go suck a shotgun and die you girls

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2010, 04:03:45 AM »
he may have been promoted in some magazines, which is no surprise. they have to try and sell tickets. see the Guntermania fiasco LOL..

but in the judges eyes, he was not in the running at first. which is what counts.

the fact that he was not in the initial call out says it all. Flex mag made a big deal out of this at the time. the last time an eventual winner was NOT called out in the first call out was 1984 if I recall.

remember that next time.

i have the 98 O on tape and the 1st callout was nasser, ronnie, flex unless they edited it...

I actually went to both the san fran and the night of champions in 98 and ronnie was night and day better in new york than san fran - although he was HUGE in san fran.

funny story -

I was backstage before prejudging in san fran for a few minutes and got a look at ronnie and kevin briefly.

I came out to my seat and my friend asked what I thought was gonna happen and I said loudly ronnie is smooth, kevin will win...

problem was vickie gates and a bunch of ronnie's relatives who live on the west coast were sitting right next to us - they had sat there when I was backstage... oops

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2010, 08:38:59 AM »

remember that next time.

Lol. I like how you speak for the judges at a contest you weren't even at...
Especially when the guy 2 replys below you said Ronnie was in the 1st callout. LOL!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2010, 09:05:45 AM »

Gayer than debating Ronnie versus Dorian for a 1000 pages....

....I think I've said somewhere else on the other threads that have popped up that I liked the look of 01 Ronnie better, but looking at the first couple pages of this thread, I'm not so sure and seem to favor Ronnie 99.

After putting very little thought into it, I came to the quick conclusion that BOTH versions of Ronnie are just ridiculous!

No need to debate...both are sick versions of a human being. :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »

remember that next time.

Stupid I asked if he got any hype, you said NO not in 1998

Flex June 2002

Ronnie Coleman won the '98 Night Of Champions and that got the buzz going that he could win the Mr. O. If everything goes according to plan, could you quickly reestablish your contender status with a decisive victory in New York?

Nice try backpeddling moron but as usual I own you and you don't have a fucking clue on what you're talking about.

dustin

« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2010, 12:30:51 PM »
Does anyone have a video of Ronnie's first Olympia win. I can never find it on Youtube and I need some good wanking material pump up vids before the gym. ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2010, 12:45:20 PM »
Lol. I like how you speak for the judges at a contest you weren't even at...
Especially when the guy 2 replys below you said Ronnie was in the 1st callout. LOL!

Hulkster will get credit for when he's right ( which isn't often at all )  , he was right Ronnie wasn't in the first call-out in the symmetry round he was in the second , First call-out was Flex-Nasser-Levrone

For the second round ( muscularity ) he was in the first call-out and really started to distance himself from the pack.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
Hulkster will get credit for when he's right ( which isn't often at all )  , he was right Ronnie wasn't in the first call-out in the symmetry round he was in the second , First call-out was Flex-Nasser-Levrone

For the second round ( muscularity ) he was in the first call-out and really started to distance himself from the pack.

correction: I am ALWAYS right. :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »
correction: I am ALWAYS right. :P

Just like when Ronnie didn't get any hype going into the Olympia in 1998  ;) sucks being wrong all the time huh? do yourself a favor next time don't mention my name and maybe I'll let your stupidity slide

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2010, 02:57:42 PM »
i have the 98 O on tape and the 1st callout was nasser, ronnie, flex unless they edited it...

I actually went to both the san fran and the night of champions in 98 and ronnie was night and day better in new york than san fran - although he was HUGE in san fran.

funny story -

I was backstage before prejudging in san fran for a few minutes and got a look at ronnie and kevin briefly.

I came out to my seat and my friend asked what I thought was gonna happen and I said loudly ronnie is smooth, kevin will win...

problem was vickie gates and a bunch of ronnie's relatives who live on the west coast were sitting right next to us - they had sat there when I was backstage... oops

Did K Lo win the San Fran show or did Ronnie? I know Ronnie won the NOC that year.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »
Did K Lo win the San Fran show or did Ronnie? I know Ronnie won the NOC that year.

Kevin did Ronnie won the Toronto Pro in 1998 as well as the NOC

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
Kevin did Ronnie won the Toronto Pro in 1998 as well as the NOC

Yes, I thought he did. I remember him beating Ron once inbetween Ron beating him in the 97 Russian Grand Prix and the 98 NOC. Wasn't sure if it was the San Fran contest.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2010, 11:27:51 PM »
yeah kevin won in san fran he was very sharp... ronnie's cousins or whoever they were were pissed off - they weren't bodybuilding people they got confused when ronald coleman came out some started cheering then the youngest one (around 12) yells out that ain't old ronnie!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2010, 08:20:37 AM »
hate to disagree with you again, but I feel Ronnie was better at the 01 ASC than the 99 Mr Olympia. You like to compare how 2 bodybuilders look at their worst. However, the true measure of greatness is how good they looked at their best.

Lord have mercy. this black and white picture of Ronnie should be Framed in the Bodybuilding hall of fame museum....if there is one....lol