Author Topic: Antoine Vaillant - Ten years of hard work - got his pro card!  (Read 434666 times)

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Antoine Vaillant - Ten years of hard work - got his pro card!
« Reply #875 on: May 13, 2016, 06:48:00 AM »
What drugs is he doing?

Does it really help his situation if the whole world knows what he's doing? No

A drug issue is a drug issue and he has to overcome it regardless.

Regardless of what he's battling with now, Antoine has an addictive personality, and the tolerance of an elephant.
I know this from having met him at a party (rave) 6 years ago. At the time he didn't have an issue, or
had gone through anything this bad, (just the odd party in the offseason) but let me just tell you he was AT LEAST on 3x as much as I was,
or that I ever did in one night, and he looked like he was well in control of himself on that level of high...

That in itself might have been a sign of a person who looks for the "next level high" or tries new shit.

I will try my best to make sure he gets help, if i can reach him

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #876 on: May 13, 2016, 06:51:49 AM »

I agree, any requests for details like this is just to satisfy people's sick need to watch a trainwreck. People just looking for some taboo to crucify him on like heroin or something. Addiction is a bitch for sure, I've been pretty deep in that scene before and the less other people know the better, because they can never comprehend why you do what you do when in that sort of position.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #877 on: May 13, 2016, 06:51:56 AM »
Not surprising at all.  He had all those sponsorships, but he didn't compete.  "Living the life" lasted longer than I thought it would.  I really hope he has a skill-set and a plan B.  Overall he seems like a decent guy.  Hope he gets his life back on track.

Irrelevant. How many years has Frank McGrath competed? Yet he's been the face of Animal for over a decade easily...

It's all about marketing, and appeal. Antoine had appeal. All he had to do was continue being in shape, make regular videos and
his usual "kitchen stuff" recipes, tricking videos or goof type videos, and meet with fans. Like I said before, this was a winning recipe and
he didn't even have a pro card at that time. All you have to do is have a following online and you don't need much else.

Look at the current internet celebs in the industry that aren't popular based on their stage merits: Rich Piana, Jason Genova (lol), Melvin Goodrum? Luimarco etc etc.
Be genuine and unique, and you'd be surprised where that can take you.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #878 on: May 13, 2016, 06:52:05 AM »
it sounds cliche but in all honesty he has to hit bottom

also, he need family....real family and not the fake friends he met in bodybuilding

the only exception to what I said is if his family is utter white trash.....then he'll need whoever REALLY cares for him

Not to make this about me but I have a mother who forgives me and will be there for me no matter how much I fucked up in my life...Antoine needs someone like that

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #879 on: May 13, 2016, 07:01:34 AM »

also, he need family....real family and not the fake friends he met in bodybuilding

the only exception to what I said is if his family is utter white trash.....then he'll need whoever REALLY cares for him

Not to make this about me but I have a mother who forgives me and will be there for me no matter how much I fucked up in my life...Antoine needs someone like that

Antoine has those people. Problem is, they are few and far between but also he chooses to not surround himself with them.

When he decided to make the move to Toronto it was to better his career, clear his head, and be away from the negative influences he had here.
In Quebec the guy is a star. He had guys who were big time dealers, or close to them, just provide him with endless supplies of whatever, free or near free.

He was like a kid in a candy store for that shit, because he literally had to blink an eye and it was there...

Sad to say he was soon enough in bad company again once he was in Toronto. Rumor was (and I can't confirm it) is that he was hanging around with recent PRO Jerome Bravo (who lives in TO) and the two have been on a tear either before he got clean the first time, or possibly now again. The guy is bad news for anyone, let alone someone trying to get clean. Anyways this isn't about Jerome alone (if he is at all implicated) because i'm sure there are more that a few people in his circle that enable, and fuck around on the daily like he is.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #880 on: May 13, 2016, 07:31:13 AM »
Antoine has those people. Problem is, they are few and far between but also he chooses to not surround himself with them.

all I can say is that IF (and the operative word is "IF") he wants to get better then those people needs to be around those people

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #881 on: May 13, 2016, 08:38:06 AM »

Don't give the Gayor ideas.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #882 on: May 13, 2016, 10:20:18 AM »

Regardless of what he's battling with now, Antoine has an addictive personality, and the tolerance of an elephant.
I know this from having met him at a party (rave) 6 years ago. At the time he didn't have an issue, or
had gone through anything this bad, (just the odd party in the offseason) but let me just tell you he was AT LEAST on 3x as much as I was,
or that I ever did in one night, and he looked like he was well in control of himself on that level of high...

That in itself might have been a sign of a person who looks for the "next level high" or tries new shit.

I will try my best to make sure he gets help, if i can reach him

Nice way to seek attention. You won't say what drugs he is using because that is too personal, yet you will come on here and practically tell us his whole life--girlfriend broke up with him, current drug addiction, past drug addiction, different jobs he has had, and his current physical conditioning.

Does it really help the situation to know that he was living comfortably in the past while being sponsored? Nope. Yet, you felt the need to tell us.

Way to try to seek attention to feel important.   :-\ :-\
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #883 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:49 AM »
I agree, any requests for details like this is just to satisfy people's sick need to watch a trainwreck. People just looking for some taboo to crucify him on like heroin or something. Addiction is a bitch for sure, I've been pretty deep in that scene before and the less other people know the better, because they can never comprehend why you do what you do when in that sort of position.

As opposed to you reading his whole life story on some bodybuilding internet, while gaining personal information about him via second hand reports?  Yup, makes perfect sense.  ::) ::) ::)
X

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #884 on: May 13, 2016, 10:56:45 AM »
Nice way to seek attention. You won't say what drugs he is using because that is too personal, yet you will come on here and practically tell us his whole life--girlfriend broke up with him, current drug addiction, past drug addiction, different jobs he has had, and his current physical conditioning.

Does it really help the situation to know that he was living comfortably in the past while being sponsored? Nope. Yet, you felt the need to tell us.

respectfully disagree

1- this guy is among people who know this fella personally whom are trying to help and rather than people speculate, he is just putting it out there, which I might add, Antoine himself did many times including his recent recovery. Call it an intervention of sorts if you will.

2- This is a bodybuilding board first and foremost, and this section is called Gossip and Opinions, not Post Only What Sf1900 approves of.

3- There are people here in recovery or who need it/on the fence. They see what happened here and it gets action going behind the scenes whether it is referrals, connections, suggestions etc. Not all of us are Americans, plenty of us from Canada specifically Toronto, Montreal and the other big cities.

4- This guy is a good member and is concerned. Once in a while you guys need to use your brains and figure out that he is trying to save his friend's life by any means possible.

"

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #885 on: May 13, 2016, 11:04:06 AM »
Irrelevant. How many years has Frank McGrath competed? Yet he's been the face of Animal for over a decade easily...

It's all about marketing, and appeal. Antoine had appeal. All he had to do was continue being in shape, make regular videos and
his usual "kitchen stuff" recipes, tricking videos or goof type videos, and meet with fans. Like I said before, this was a winning recipe and
he didn't even have a pro card at that time. All you have to do is have a following online and you don't need much else.

Look at the current internet celebs in the industry that aren't popular based on their stage merits: Rich Piana, Jason Genova (lol), Melvin Goodrum? Luimarco etc etc.
Be genuine and unique, and you'd be surprised where that can take you.

How long can that last though?  Youth fades quickly.  Antoine's personality can only take him so far.  You need a decent set of skills to make money in life.

Piano is not genuine, but he is unique.  Won't live very much longer though.

Genova is retarded.

Goodrum is delusional and probably mentally disturbed too.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #886 on: May 13, 2016, 11:08:44 AM »
respectfully disagree

1- this guy is among people who know this fella personally whom are trying to help and rather than people speculate, he is just putting it out there, which I might add, Antoine himself did many times including his recent recovery. Call it an intervention of sorts if you will.

2- This is a bodybuilding board first and foremost, and this section is called Gossip and Opinions, not Post Only What Sf1900 approves of.

3- There are people here in recovery or who need it/on the fence. They see what happened here and it gets action going behind the scenes whether it is referrals, connections, suggestions etc. Not all of us are Americans, plenty of us from Canada specifically Toronto, Montreal and the other big cities.

4- This guy is a good member and is concerned. Once in a while you guys need to use your brains and figure out that he is trying to save his friend's life by any means possible.

How does posting about his drug addiction on getbig, aid in his recovery? Please, make the connection between the two.
X

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #887 on: May 13, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
How does posting about his drug addiction on getbig, aid in his recovery? Please, make the connection between the two.

I stated my opinion and am sticking by it, don't give a shit about debating it. If you don't like what is being posted, talk to a mod or better yet don't comment on it or read it, simple
"

Simple Simon

« Reply #888 on: May 13, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
Bodybuilder has mental issues, its hardly front page news.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #889 on: May 13, 2016, 01:00:56 PM »
I stated my opinion and am sticking by it, don't give a shit about debating it. If you don't like what is being posted, talk to a mod or better yet don't comment on it or read it, simple

But as you said, its the Gossip and Opinion page, therefore, I can comment on whatever topic I want, whether or not I like or agree with the topic. Hence the word "Opinion" in Gossip and Opinion.  ??? ???
X

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #890 on: May 14, 2016, 02:50:20 AM »

Really no need for attention. I just figured I'd tell you people what the latest is, since there's an official thread about him.  Also Also Because I know him and Antoine has been a ghost on social media in last 2months, and people are concerned.

I honestly I do fear for my friends life if he doesn't change his ways. The reason I mention his situation in bodybuilding and how he was living off it well, just serves to show how much he sacrificed and lost. He is down the path of losing it all and if you want to call it attention seeking, so be it. Im not here to start beefs. It's just to put in perspective how much shit can turn around on you even when you have such a great situation.

Btw, people have reached out to me in private and have been helpful in finding solutions for him. So just the fact that it caught their attention and they reached out makes my post well worth the trouble.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #891 on: May 14, 2016, 05:15:11 AM »
So in case anyone has been wondering about Antoine's whereabouts you wouldn't be the only one.
I do have some news, although it's nothing worth getting excited about.

He's back to not answering his texts again, and about a month ago (when he finally answered a 5 day old text)
he had told me he was not doing well because of a breakup and has been partying again.
Hard too. He's down in weight big time and for the first time since I've known him (10 years) I probably weigh more than him...
He stopped training, and partied himself down at least 30-40 pounds.
Around the time you see him in the videos with Regan Grimes, is probably around the time he fell off the horse again.
It's so sad to see what is happening to him.

When they filmed the Universal series of his comeback "play the tape to the end" and I was asked to be in it,
I was happy because it seemed as if he was really turning the corner and making the necessary changes.
Since then he's relapsed at least twice. Kudos to Universal for sticking with him as long as they did...

When we last spoke he told me some of the things that were going on in his day-today, and without me divulging any
info, let's just say his situation is pretty fucked at the moment. The situation is his own doing and it's nothing particularly new,
but it's just tragic when I used to train, eat and hang out with him when he literally was on top of the world. Most people don't understand
the guy was LIVING THE LIFE in the world of bodybuilding.

In 2012 before he turned pro, he told me he didn't need to work anymore. (Was doing a few hours as a trainer at a local gym) He was getting
ready for the Canada's, had a very comfortable life and he literally made a living from Sponsorship (Universal, MD, BBoss Towels, Iron Bull Grips etc)
Then his YouTube revenues, merchandise sales and programs from his website. Let's just say he was 24-25 years old, and living a very comfortable
life with no 9 to 5 bullshit. He would get free gym memberships everywhere, free food from meal-prep companies wanting promotion, and the list goes on...
He was not even a pro yet and he was living life better than some guys who compete at the Olympia... that's something to be said when your name and
image are more known than guys who are considered "top 10" in the game.

To say what he's going through now is a fall from grace would be an understatement, and I truly hope he turns things around for good, or he won't
be alive much longer. The path he is on is usually never a long journey.

What drugs is he doing?

Are you checking up on him daily / weekly?

How is his health now?
Q

Simple Simon

« Reply #892 on: May 14, 2016, 06:31:11 AM »
So in case anyone has been wondering about Antoine's whereabouts you wouldn't be the only one.
I do have some news, although it's nothing worth getting excited about.

He's back to not answering his texts again, and about a month ago (when he finally answered a 5 day old text)
he had told me he was not doing well because of a breakup and has been partying again.
Hard too. He's down in weight big time and for the first time since I've known him (10 years) I probably weigh more than him...
He stopped training, and partied himself down at least 30-40 pounds.
Around the time you see him in the videos with Regan Grimes, is probably around the time he fell off the horse again.
It's so sad to see what is happening to him.

When they filmed the Universal series of his comeback "play the tape to the end" and I was asked to be in it,
I was happy because it seemed as if he was really turning the corner and making the necessary changes.
Since then he's relapsed at least twice. Kudos to Universal for sticking with him as long as they did...

When we last spoke he told me some of the things that were going on in his day-today, and without me divulging any
info, let's just say his situation is pretty fucked at the moment. The situation is his own doing and it's nothing particularly new,
but it's just tragic when I used to train, eat and hang out with him when he literally was on top of the world. Most people don't understand
the guy was LIVING THE LIFE in the world of bodybuilding.

In 2012 before he turned pro, he told me he didn't need to work anymore. (Was doing a few hours as a trainer at a local gym) He was getting
ready for the Canada's, had a very comfortable life and he literally made a living from Sponsorship (Universal, MD, BBoss Towels, Iron Bull Grips etc)
Then his YouTube revenues, merchandise sales and programs from his website. Let's just say he was 24-25 years old, and living a very comfortable
life with no 9 to 5 bullshit. He would get free gym memberships everywhere, free food from meal-prep companies wanting promotion, and the list goes on...
He was not even a pro yet and he was living life better than some guys who compete at the Olympia... that's something to be said when your name and
image are more known than guys who are considered "top 10" in the game.

To say what he's going through now is a fall from grace would be an understatement, and I truly hope he turns things around for good, or he won't
be alive much longer. The path he is on is usually never a long journey.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #893 on: May 14, 2016, 07:39:12 AM »
Really no need for attention. I just figured I'd tell you people what the latest is, since there's an official thread about him.  Also Also Because I know him and Antoine has been a ghost on social media in last 2months, and people are concerned.

I honestly I do fear for my friends life if he doesn't change his ways. The reason I mention his situation in bodybuilding and how he was living off it well, just serves to show how much he sacrificed and lost. He is down the path of losing it all and if you want to call it attention seeking, so be it. Im not here to start beefs. It's just to put in perspective how much shit can turn around on you even when you have such a great situation.

Btw, people have reached out to me in private and have been helpful in finding solutions for him. So just the fact that it caught their attention and they reached out makes my post well worth the trouble.

I guess most of us appreciate your updates about his well being, and hopefully he gets/accepts the mental support he needs.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #894 on: May 14, 2016, 11:46:56 AM »
I guess most of us appreciate your updates about his well being, and hopefully he gets/accepts the mental support he needs.
Well, not all of us.  OOooooo...Now I'm going to hades.  Again. ;) ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #895 on: May 14, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »
Well, not all of us.  OOooooo...Now I'm going to hades.  Again. ;) ;D

Yet you still come back, how can that behavior be explained?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #896 on: May 14, 2016, 02:01:05 PM »

Milagro, mi amigo...Milagro! 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #897 on: May 14, 2016, 02:03:42 PM »
Guy just posts to moralize. Getbig's sententious windbag.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #898 on: May 14, 2016, 02:06:49 PM »
Guy just posts to moralize. Getbig's sententious windbag.

Wow.  More than just a syllable or two,  well done Sir Simian.  Where do you keep your moral compass, up  your baboon butt?
Thought so, Lancelot Link.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #899 on: May 14, 2016, 02:11:16 PM »
Wow.  More than just a syllable or two,  well done Sir Simian.  Where do you keep your moral compass, up  your baboon butt?
Thought so, Lancelot Link.
Good post. No point.  ::)