Author Topic: Vince's Video Blogs - Discussion and Updates  (Read 160590 times)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Re: Vince's Video Blogs - Discussion and Updates
« Reply #925 on: July 31, 2018, 01:26:09 PM »
I tried it once and felt like hell.  But I think I did it wrong and went overboard too - eating bacon all the time, tuna and mayo, always worried i was getting knocked out of ketosis.   I was always testing my piss w those little sticks like a chick worried she was pregnant from being a slut.  Was a pain in the ass. 
So you knock the diet because you didn't like it? First of all the carnivore diet isn't all about chasing ketones, and you can't eat stuff like mayo, nuts, bacon, you'll end up cheating and blowing the diet. You truthfully just need steak/beef/eggs, these foods only will provide tons of protein/fats/nutrients to your body. You won't be adding any condiments like all these sugar free things, artificial flavorings, or low sodium this and that. Just salt and pepper only. No diet coke, just water and coffee if you need it. Trust me diet is super effective and works, yes you have to get through the trial period, which can take a few weeks depending on the person, but it's well worth it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #926 on: July 31, 2018, 01:27:45 PM »
AFAIK, it was Chris Aceto who adjusted his diet plans, depending on what his clients prefer; high carb/low fat or low carb/high fat. I think that's a very smart approach, since everyone responds different to a given diet plan, both mentally and physically.

Yup - but regardless - Vince needs to get his BF% tested.   And from there its reality of how long it will take.   If he is say 30% BF  - at 245lbs.  The math is simple - he can safely lose 1.5-2 lbs a week without going catabolic.  But again - do the math - even say 25% BF at 245lbs.  That is 61lbs of fat or so.   So to get to 12.5% by my basic math - he needs at least 15 weeks.   Maybe im wrong - but seems like 16 weeks not enough here unless his numbers are a little better currently.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #927 on: July 31, 2018, 01:31:13 PM »
So you knock the diet because you didn't like it? First of all the carnivore diet isn't all about chasing ketones, and you can't eat stuff like mayo, nuts, bacon, you'll end up cheating and blowing the diet. You truthfully just need steak/beef/eggs, these foods only will provide tons of protein/fats/nutrients to your body. You won't be adding any condiments like all these sugar free things, artificial flavorings, or low sodium this and that. Just salt and pepper only. No diet coke, just water and coffee if you need it. Trust me diet is super effective and works, yes you have to get through the trial period, which can take a few weeks depending on the person, but it's well worth it.

I think I was too young and dumb when I did it honestly.   But im in great shape now and drink tons of beers and whatever the F I want and am lean all year long.   So why deprive myself when I found a formula that works for me? 

Vince needs a drastic diet down if he wants to compete so I dont advocate beers for him right now - but if keto gonna do the trick for him - that is definately worth a try.     

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #928 on: July 31, 2018, 01:38:56 PM »
I think I was too young and dumb when I did it honestly.   But im in great shape now and drink tons of beers and whatever the F I want and am lean all year long.   So why deprive myself when I found a formula that works for me? 

Vince needs a drastic diet down if he wants to compete so I dont advocate beers for him right now - but if keto gonna do the trick for him - that is definately worth a try.     
Everyone has their preferences on diet, but I'm not talking about keto Palumbo style, he will end up cheating, nobody can control their nut consumption its almost impossible to just eat a tablespoon of natty peanut butter or a handful of almonds here and there you have to have serious will power, steak, beef will keep you full and satiated eggs are just a side dish to provide more minerals/vitamins/fat/protein, but beef/steak is the main priority here. He will lose tons of weight and stay energetic and powerful.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #929 on: July 31, 2018, 01:42:30 PM »
Everyone has their preferences on diet, but I'm not talking about keto Palumbo style, he will end up cheating, nobody can control their nut consumption its almost impossible to just eat a tablespoon of natty peanut butter or a handful of almonds here and there you have to have serious will power, steak, beef will keep you full and satiated eggs are just a side dish to provide more minerals/vitamins/fat/protein, but beef/steak is the main priority here. He will lose tons of weight and stay energetic and powerful.

Bottom line is regardless of diet - he needs to move and sweat - and a lot.   Especially if he plans on melting off years of accumulated fat. 

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #930 on: July 31, 2018, 01:45:05 PM »
Bottom line is regardless of diet - he needs to move and sweat - and a lot.   Especially if he plans on melting off years of accumulated fat. 
Agreed, no messing around straight out the gate 2 cardio sessions at 45min each, he has a lot of fat to loose.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #931 on: July 31, 2018, 01:52:33 PM »
Yup - but regardless - Vince needs to get his BF% tested.   And from there its reality of how long it will take.   If he is say 30% BF  - at 245lbs.  The math is simple - he can safely lose 1.5-2 lbs a week without going catabolic.  But again - do the math - even say 25% BF at 245lbs.  That is 61lbs of fat or so.   So to get to 12.5% by my basic math - he needs at least 15 weeks.   Maybe im wrong - but seems like 16 weeks not enough here unless his numbers are a little better currently.  

2 pound per week should be the max, but I would opt for 1 pound/week for a natural. Honestly, I would advise no one to do a contest prep without PEDs.
12.5% is way too fat on stage. He needs more time or should consider clen or T3, up to him.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #932 on: July 31, 2018, 02:00:54 PM »
Agreed, no messing around straight out the gate 2 cardio sessions at 45min each, he has a lot of fat to loose.

I actually did 3 cardio sessions with the 3rd one at 4am in the morning at my last event.   Will likely work myself back up to the same thing but the cardio is high intensity...lot of kickboxing and pushing around a sled at 10 Star.   I'll also pick up extra cardio from biking to downtown Greenville as well as I want to make it fun as well
A

Kwon3

« Reply #933 on: July 31, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »
Go 4 it spending 20 minutes and maybe 6 posts trying to talk to me about the virtues of Keto is one thing.

Spending twice as many posts and a similar amount of time on an oversized orangutan who thinks he's the greatest entrepreneur and self-made success story in history while polluting this site with atrociously repetitive and juvenile 'bodybuilding' videos he makes in his no-indoor-plumbing shack of a house makes me cringe and gives me the all over eye-rolling feelings. Why even bother? It's like punching yourself in the face repeatedly on purpose.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #934 on: July 31, 2018, 07:21:29 PM »
Go 4 it spending 20 minutes and maybe 6 posts trying to talk to me about the virtues of Keto is one thing.

Spending twice as many posts and a similar amount of time on an oversized orangutan who thinks he's the greatest entrepreneur and self-made success story in history while polluting this site with atrociously repetitive and juvenile 'bodybuilding' videos he makes in his no-indoor-plumbing shack of a house makes me cringe and gives me the all over eye-rolling feelings. Why even bother? It's like punching yourself in the face repeatedly on purpose.

I don't recall anyone asking for your opinion. 
A

Kwon3

« Reply #935 on: July 31, 2018, 07:24:21 PM »

To paraphrase something you wrote about your videos: I accept suggestions but I decide the content, not my audience.

:-*

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #936 on: July 31, 2018, 07:36:12 PM »
To paraphrase something you wrote about your videos: I accept suggestions but I decide the content, not my audience.

:-*

You are not making a suggestions.  You are hurling useless insults.....so it goes into File 13.
A

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #937 on: July 31, 2018, 08:15:17 PM »

That's a weak, Coach-like one-liner, Vince.
Take some time to reflect on feedback like this.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #938 on: July 31, 2018, 08:19:37 PM »
are you competing again because you did so well the first time?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #939 on: July 31, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »
nobody can control their nut consumption its almost impossible to just eat a tablespoon of natty peanut butter or a handful of almonds here and there

Aint that the truth  :-[

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #940 on: July 31, 2018, 08:38:50 PM »

My body functions best on keto and its what I used for my last show.   The biggest issue I have is some medical issues that prevent me from utilizing some of my favorite supplements.  Age is also a big factor as well so I'm having to grind out the training routines.   But I had been working on things since March to get back into the mix so I'm not taking anything lightly.

Not taking your favorite supplements isn't really the roadblock I suspect

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #941 on: July 31, 2018, 08:41:26 PM »

You say steak/beef/eggs.... isn't steak, beef?   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #942 on: July 31, 2018, 09:05:39 PM »
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #943 on: August 01, 2018, 04:12:59 AM »

TRX is way cheaper and more versatile.   Plus a good sandbag - pull up bar - that’s all one needs . 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #944 on: August 01, 2018, 04:50:58 AM »
TRX is way cheaper and more versatile.   Plus a good sandbag - pull up bar - that’s all one needs . 

All gimmick stuff for people who are too lazy to leave their home for a workout , just visit a well equipped gym

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #945 on: August 01, 2018, 04:57:22 AM »
All gimmick stuff for people who are too lazy to leave their home for a workout , just visit a well equipped gym

True - I have some friends who are land whales and need a lot of weight loss - I tell them - just FNG move!  Get off your fat lazy ass and walk around with 2 paint cans up and down the stairs for an hour a day. 

But as you said the issue is laziness and some are looking for any excuse in the worl to avoid the work needed to drop the fat. 

For Goodrum - I think he needs an honest BMI / BF assessment before trying to go right to a contest.  Only setting himself up for humiliation and defeat if he goes for something and doesnt have enough time to get it done in.  16 weeks is not long at all if one has 30+ lbs of lard to burn off and not look like crap at the end of it.   If he has say 50-65lbs of fat to lose - then F the damn show - put it off for a year and just focus on getting to say 15-10% BF first - then re-assess.   To me - a 12 week diet down for a show should start when you are at 10-12% BF as it is.     

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #946 on: August 01, 2018, 05:22:34 AM »
True - I have some friends who are land whales and need a lot of weight loss - I tell them - just FNG move!  Get off your fat lazy ass and walk around with 2 paint cans up and down the stairs for an hour a day. 

But as you said the issue is laziness and some are looking for any excuse in the worl to avoid the work needed to drop the fat. 

For Goodrum - I think he needs an honest BMI / BF assessment before trying to go right to a contest.  Only setting himself up for humiliation and defeat if he goes for something and doesnt have enough time to get it done in.  16 weeks is not long at all if one has 30+ lbs of lard to burn off and not look like crap at the end of it.   If he has say 50-65lbs of fat to lose - then F the damn show - put it off for a year and just focus on getting to say 15-10% BF first - then re-assess.   To me - a 12 week diet down for a show should start when you are at 10-12% BF as it is.     

Everyone is different... A workout or diet may be perfect on paper, but only if someone is able to follow it long term.

As for Vince, I believe he got more than enough suggestions and feedback from us. It's obvious that he wants to be the captain of his ship, instead of hiring someone, so now it's up to him to get ready for contest day. I wish him all the best with his prep!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #947 on: August 01, 2018, 05:26:43 AM »
Everyone is different... A workout or diet may be perfect on paper, but only if someone is able to follow it long term.

As for Vince, I believe he got more than enough suggestions and feedback from us. It's obvious that he wants to be the captain of his ship, instead of hiring someone, so now it's up to him to get ready for contest day. I wish him all the best with his prep!

Yup - i wish him best of luck too - BUT - its not luck - its a daily discipline.  I hope mentally he is ready for this - the physical is easy part. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #948 on: August 01, 2018, 05:44:10 AM »

Its funny you mention that too - was thinking of this recently.   Back in the day when I started training - late 80's - more serious in early 90's - we had really nothing but magazines to go by.  And - yes - showing up daily to see what worked.   Now with the internet - EVERYTHING is out there - every type of style - every workout - every protocol.  Etc 

But - the one thing the internet cant deliver - discipline, determination, and showing up daily to do the actual work.   

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #949 on: August 01, 2018, 05:56:21 AM »
Its funny you mention that too - was thinking of this recently.   Back in the day when I started training - late 80's - more serious in early 90's - we had really nothing but magazines to go by.  And - yes - showing up daily to see what worked.   Now with the internet - EVERYTHING is out there - every type of style - every workout - every protocol.  Etc 

But - the one thing the internet cant deliver - discipline, determination, and showing up daily to do the actual work.   

The internet is a very rich source for ideas, concepts, protocols or whatever you want to call it, but I meet so many confused people as a result. It was really refreshing when Stan Efferding started his series of car rants with this one. I think we should get rid of too much details, so bingo on the bold part of your posting.