Author Topic: Bulking is a terrible idea  (Read 128541 times)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Re: Bulking is a terrible idea
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2018, 11:24:20 AM »
good for you, you will have the most epic pumps ever.

Going good thus far, the eating is the hardest thing dude.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »
Currently bulking for the first time, I mean a true bulk, zero cardio, lifting 2 bodyparts per day - morning/evening sessions, trying for 7-8 meals a day.

Looking big, what's your bulking diet look like?

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
Looking big, what's your bulking diet look like?
It's very similar to Dave Palumbo's offseason meal plan, I eat 2 beef meals, 1 salmon meal, 2 egg meals, 1 chicken meal, and a post workout shake. I eat sweet potato with every meal except post workout and last meal of the day, post workout I just do the shake with a few glucose tabs. Last meal of the day I eat the majority of my fats.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »
It's very similar to Dave Palumbo's offseason meal plan, I eat 2 beef meals, 1 salmon meal, 2 egg meals, 1 chicken meal, and a post workout shake. I eat sweet potato with every meal except post workout and last meal of the day, post workout I just do the shake with a few glucose tabs. Last meal of the day I eat the majority of my fats.

other than the shakes and tabs, is all the food in these meals "free" for you on the ship?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2018, 04:04:50 PM »

you already have everything going for you, why add heart attack to the list ???

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2018, 04:09:28 PM »
genetically stunted twinks and tards... feel the need to 'bulk'.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2018, 04:21:53 PM »
other than the shakes and tabs, is all the food in these meals "free" for you on the ship?
All food is free for the crew on the ship, right now I'm on vacation, which is why I'm free to train twice a day, on the ship the don't have sweet potato for the crew, sometimes they have baked or mashed, but they always have rice, white and brown, so on the ship I eat rice as my staple carb, I also have access to salmon and steak all the time due to having friends that are chefs in the main dinning galley, which have to make mass quantities of food to provide to our 3000 passengers, theres always a bunch left over and they'll leave a few for me, because again they aren't feeding the crew salmon or steak.

you already have everything going for you, why add heart attack to the list ???
My heart is in excellent shape, I just went in for a complete work up, I get all blood work done every vacation, just to make sure all is well, this time I asked my GP to make a referral to see a cardiologist, just because I wanted to make sure all is OK there, I got everything done, EKG, Ectocardiogram, 24 hour heart monitor, a bunch of stuff done, everything is excellent there, I do have a slightly enlarged heart but the doc said that's completely normal for anyone who does athletics and trains intensely.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »

his pre-contest prep meal is as good as it gets too

i love dave for his diet advice

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2018, 07:14:41 PM »
bulking is easy, just eat

make a super oatmeal for quick calories
1/2 cup oats
1 tablespoon flax
1 tableseed black chia
1 tablespooin quinoa
1 cup of frozen berries
natural honey 

carb city 2x a day

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2018, 07:28:06 PM »
his pre-contest prep meal is as good as it gets too

i love dave for his diet advice

Dave is the shit, his Ask Dave segments are great!

bulking is easy, just eat

make a super oatmeal for quick calories
1/2 cup oats
1 tablespoon flax
1 tableseed black chia
1 tablespooin quinoa
1 cup of frozen berries
natural honey 

carb city 2x a day
Its getting hard for me dude, I'm taking down a lot of food. I stopped eating oats all together, I had oats for breakfast for the last 20 years, recently stopped, and truthfully I feel amazing. I cut out all gluten, just been sticking with rice and potatoes and its very weird put I don't have any bloat at all, these foods are just processing nicely. And if you watch Dave he doesn't recommend Chia or flax, they dont convert well, the DHA and EPA don't get processed well, thats why he recommends getting omega3's from animal and fish sources.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2018, 07:35:53 PM »
Dave is the shit, his Ask Dave segments are great!
Its getting hard for me dude, I'm taking down a lot of food. I stopped eating oats all together, I had oats for breakfast for the last 20 years, recently stopped, and truthfully I feel amazing. I cut out all gluten, just been sticking with rice and potatoes and its very weird put I don't have any bloat at all, these foods are just processing nicely. And if you watch Dave he doesn't recommend Chia or flax, they dont convert well, the DHA and EPA don't get processed well, thats why he recommends getting omega3's from animal and fish sources.

if nothing is broke dont change it. keep on riding on what you are doing. your body is efficient so it will do well. just keep on bulking like you are doing.

yes his keto diet is on point - answered personal emails too - home boy is a help

good luck

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2018, 07:40:24 PM »
Started at 90lbs
Fair play man, at 17 when I knew what I wasn't gonna make it as a professional soccer player I started lifting five days a week, started at 154lbs

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2018, 07:42:32 PM »
if nothing is broke dont change it. keep on riding on what you are doing. your body is efficient so it will do well. just keep on bulking like you are doing.

yes his keto diet is on point - answered personal emails too - home boy is a help

good luck
Thanks, yeah my digestion is on point with these two carb sources, when you're eating so much food things have to digest easily, also trying to get majority of my meat ground up - turkey, chicken, beef, bison- all seem to digest really well when ground up. And eggs are very light on the stomach as well. So I'm gonna try to ride this out and see where it takes me.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2018, 08:07:48 PM »
Everyone should diet hard at least once a year.  Contest type diet, get shredded.  You'd be surprised how much better you'd look.  Most guys won't do this though because the harsh reality is they will be devastated to realize they only weigh 175 when they're actually in shape.  If that.  If you do this it is nearly impossible to get fat no matter what you eat when you're not dieting. 
I have thought about this option before and I agree here.  I've never been stage ready lean, but I've been pretty lean before and it was always much easier to stay lean that way.  When you don't have much fat, you can sort of see it coming if you slip on your diet for a few weeks and reel it in before things get out of control.  I don't care about numbers on a scale or on a bar, I just care about looking good and feeling good.  If I have to sacrifice 20-30 pounds on bench press to look a bit leaner, that's a-ok with me.  I'd say just staying lean is the way to go.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2018, 08:11:00 PM »
I have thought about this option before and I agree here.  I've never been stage ready lean, but I've been pretty lean before and it was always much easier to stay lean that way.  When you don't have much fat, you can sort of see it coming if you slip on your diet for a few weeks and reel it in before things get out of control.  I don't care about numbers on a scale or on a bar, I just care about looking good and feeling good.  If I have to sacrifice 20-30 pounds on bench press to look a bit leaner, that's a-ok with me.  I'd say just staying lean is the way to go.
Only trouble is your entire wardrobe doesn't fit when you diet so hard you lose 30+lbs  :'(

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2018, 11:42:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply, can I ask why the glucose tablets?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2018, 12:22:16 PM »
Fair play man, at 17 when I knew what I wasn't gonna make it as a professional soccer player I started lifting five days a week, started at 154lbs

Took me about 2yrs to get to 150lbs.
 Was about 120 after a year or training and 150 by the 2nd year. 170 after year 3 at which point began 1st cycle (1amp of Sten 75 cyp and 25prop/ wk for 12 wks for 12wks. 12-14wks off then 200mg Schein cup/wk for 10wks plus an extra 5wks of 400mg/wk) and went to 215. After that anywhere from 215-245 at various times till now depending in food

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »
My heart is in excellent shape, I just went in for a complete work up, I get all blood work done every vacation, just to make sure all is well, this time I asked my GP to make a referral to see a cardiologist, just because I wanted to make sure all is OK there, I got everything done, EKG, Ectocardiogram, 24 hour heart monitor, a bunch of stuff done, everything is excellent there, I do have a slightly enlarged heart but the doc said that's completely normal for anyone who does athletics and trains intensely.

Can't wait for your checkup post bulk :D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2018, 03:21:07 PM »

Why would a natural need such an exhaustive check up?  :D

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2018, 04:09:31 PM »
We'll just have to see I guess.

Why would a natural need such an exhaustive check up?  :D
Every human should at the very least get a complete check up once a year. I eat tons of meat 6-7 meals a day for almost 20 years, I put body through a lot of damage via weightraining, I work a job that is very demanding 10-12 hours a day no days off for 6 months straight, I engage in a lot of sexual activity, I travel a lot, I work in an environment loaded with germs and bacteria (3000 people coming a going off my ship every week), I'm highly interested in diet, nutrition, human performance, optimizing my own potential...listing just these things, why wouldn't I want to get a complete check up every single time I leave that ship for vacation. I like to know whats going on in my body, If I'm lacking certain nutrients, have and deficiencies, illnesses, Std's...you name it. So as I enter this vacation I'm about to turn 37, so why not check and make sure my heart is ok, I have medical insurance so why not take advantage of that.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2018, 04:47:48 PM »
^ I was just trolling but thanks for the honest and complete answer.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2018, 06:24:31 AM »
^ I was just trolling but thanks for the honest and complete answer.
Its all good bro, but truthfully most humans take care of their cars more than they take care of their own bodies, they bring their cars for oil change every 3,000 miles, tune ups every 10,000 miles or so, and just general every day maintanance, yet don't have blood work done for years or go see a GP for a routine check up in years, it makes no sense.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2018, 07:10:47 AM »
I agree.  What do you think we should all be aiming for body fat wise?  I feel like somewhere around 12% will give us the best possible scenario in terms of look, health and performance.
12-15 is supposedly the sweet spot

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:03 AM »
Its a terrible idea if you're a natural BB over age of 30 .

But its inevitable

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2018, 08:19:13 AM »
bulking = eating 300-500 caloriers more than you usually do.

which translates to a cheeseburger or bigmac, hard to see how that can be considered hard