Author Topic: Magikusar's daily/weekly musings  (Read 74836 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: GOP Rejects Obama Offer of $1.6 Trillion Tax Hike Read Latest Breaking News f
« Reply #600 on: November 30, 2012, 07:59:33 AM »
Sounds like a good deal

Repubs will regret not taking it

And how exactly are they doing to do that?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: McConnell 'Burst Into Laughter' as Geithner Outlined Obama's Plan
« Reply #601 on: November 30, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »
Most of Congress as well.

Actually, let us not waste precious resources, a nice hit with a claw hammer will do.

better to push him out of a window

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: GOP Rejects Obama Offer of $1.6 Trillion Tax Hike Read Latest Breaking News f
« Reply #602 on: November 30, 2012, 08:01:28 AM »
I guess when Obama said he would go line by line of budget spending and make cuts in 2008 he lied?  Can't believe people voted for him for another 4 years.  ::)

if Obama gets what he wants he is going to get what 100 billion a year?

We are running a deficit of over 1 Trillion! 

Only an idiot would buy into the lies of obama on this.   

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #603 on: November 30, 2012, 08:08:51 AM »
How generous of the president to "offer" 1.6 trillion more in the citizen's monies......

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #604 on: November 30, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »

Its a 100 billion more than the repub plan so stop crying.

Actually its a lot more than that. No tax cuts or increased military spending as proposed by Romney would decrease the deficit a lot compared to a republican presidency.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #605 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:32 AM »
And how exactly are they doing to do that?

?

I don't know what your question is but here is what I think will happen

Repubs won't take Obama's deal an on Jan 1 taxes get raised on EVERYONE and mandatory spending cuts to into effect

This will be seen by the public as being caused by Repubs

Obama now has more leverage than before and Repubs will have to scramble to agree to tax cuts for those below 250k and the spending cuts on things Repubs don't want to cut will be in effect and they will have to negotiate from an even worse disadvantage at that point than they have now

This is all predicated upon the Repubs being as recalcitrant and frankly as stupid as they have always been

Some Repubs are starting to peel off from the crowd and indicate they actually feel more loyal to their country and their constituents than they do to Grover Norquist so maybe the Boner will get enough votes to avoid this scenario.    We'll know soon enough

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »
?

I don't know what your question is but here is what I think will happen

Repubs won't take Obama's deal an on Jan 1 taxes get raised on EVERYONE and mandatory spending cuts to into effect

This will be seen by the public as being caused by Repubs

Obama now has more leverage than before and Repubs will have to scramble to agree to tax cuts for those below 250k and the spending cuts on things Repubs don't want to cut will be in effect and they will have to negotiate from an even worse disadvantage at that point than they have now

This is all predicated upon the Repubs being as recalcitrant and frankly as stupid as they have always been

Some Repubs are starting to peel off from the crowd and indicate they actually feel more loyal to their country and their constituents than they do to Grover Norquist so maybe the Boner will get enough votes to avoid this scenario.    We'll know soon enough

I hope the GOP walks away and leaves O-Crook w the entire mess to deal with on his own.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #607 on: November 30, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »

So what kind of idiot are you to buy in to other lies

hmmm... boom.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »
I hope the GOP walks away and leaves O-Crook w the entire mess to deal with on his own.

that would be a very stupid move though I'm not at all surprised that's what you'd prefer Repubs to do

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2012, 09:49:26 AM »
More taxes and more spending? Sounds like a solid solution.

I'm shocked that we don't at least get any phantom phoney "spending cuts" that will never be enacted.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #610 on: November 30, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
More taxes and more spending? Sounds like a solid solution.

I'm shocked that we don't at least get any phantom phoney "spending cuts" that will never be enacted.

where's the "more spending" coming from and if there is more spending as long as it's doesn't add to the deficit (i.e. paid for with new revenue) then who cares.   Just "spending" without specifics doesn't really tell us anything.   What if the new spending was infrastructure and it was revenue neutral by either being offset by spending cuts somewhere else or paid for with new revenue

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #611 on: November 30, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »
where's the "more spending" coming from and if there is more spending as long as it's doesn't add to the deficit (i.e. paid for with new revenue) then who cares.   Just "spending" without specifics doesn't really tell us anything.   What if the new spending was infrastructure and it was revenue neutral by either being offset by spending cuts somewhere else or paid for with new revenue

So keeping the deficit at 1 trillion+ is OK?

And deficit neutral is another garbage term, the revenues won't be what is projected and the spending will be more than projected and we will yet again kick the can down th road.

I'm not a "you can't ever raise taxes" guy, I just see this plan as an opening salvo in the negotiations. Obama said he wanted a balanced approach and the Republicans said they were open to a revenue increase....they need to put their money their mouth is.

I won't hold my breath.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #612 on: November 30, 2012, 10:03:21 AM »
So keeping the deficit at 1 trillion+ is OK?

And deficit neutral is another garbage term, the revenues won't be what is projected and the spending will be more than projected and we will yet again kick the can down th road.

I'm not a "you can't ever raise taxes" guy, I just see this plan as an opening salvo in the negotiations. Obama said he wanted a balanced approach and the Republicans said they were open to a revenue increase....they need to put their money their mouth is.

I won't hold my breath.

no, that has to come down but I like how you already know that revenues won't be as projected and spending will be more

how exactly do you know that.    It seems like you must have specific details and proof so please share

As far as I know there are been no agreement on anything yet

how do you feel about just "going over the cliff so to speak"

your taxes will go up ~ 3% and you'll get large spending cuts

would that balance be acceptable to you ?

I assume so

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #613 on: November 30, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »
LOL!!!!!!!

\come on now. 

no, that has to come down but I like how you already know that revenues won't be as projected and spending will be more

how exactly do you know that.    It seems like you must have specific details and proof so please share

As far as I know there are been no agreement on anything yet

how do you feel about just "going over the cliff so to speak"

your taxes will go up ~ 3% and you'll get large spending cuts

would that balance be acceptable to you ?

I assume so

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: November 30, 2012, 10:15:50 AM »
I can make an educated guess. Those projections are always rosey and the spending will be based on those projections.  Sure they can be spot on but I'll bet against that outcome every time. Dont be so naive.

When it. Comes to taxes the bottom 90% we haven't seen any wage increases in 30 or so years so our taxes are just fine. The top top 10% have seen all the wage increases yet their federal rates have gone down...I'm not blind to that. But you can hike taxes all you want but it alone won't solve the problem. Again Obama said he wants a balanced approached and the Republicans have said they are open to the same....time to keep their respective words.

A's for the cliff I'm good with not going over it but if doing that is what it takes to get the general populace to pay some motherfucking attention to what is going on....so be it.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
The winning republican narrative will be this: reallocate existing wastespending
« Reply #615 on: November 30, 2012, 12:41:31 PM »
This is the narrative republicans should presue.

Spending is 3x clinton level.

We need to make what we now spend work 10x as hard and stop the 2/3 waste.

That is how to win.

Damn whats KArls roves number he need to hire me on contingency!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #616 on: November 30, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
I can make an educated guess. Those projections are always rosey and the spending will be based on those projections.  Sure they can be spot on but I'll bet against that outcome every time. Dont be so naive.

When it. Comes to taxes the bottom 90% we haven't seen any wage increases in 30 or so years so our taxes are just fine. The top top 10% have seen all the wage increases yet their federal rates have gone down...I'm not blind to that. But you can hike taxes all you want but it alone won't solve the problem. Again Obama said he wants a balanced approached and the Republicans have said they are open to the same....time to keep their respective words.

A's for the cliff I'm good with not going over it but if doing that is what it takes to get the general populace to pay some motherfucking attention to what is going on....so be it.

who controls spending

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #617 on: November 30, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »
who controls spending

A question like that means you're seeing trees and missing forests.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #618 on: November 30, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »
A question like that means you're seeing trees and missing forests.

I assume by that answer you're saying you don't trust the Republicans at their word when it comes to spending cuts

Repubs control The House and they control spending

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: November 30, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »

I wish they would too....if they did, they would not be elected again for 20 years

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #620 on: November 30, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »
I wish they would too....if they did, they would not be elected again for 20 years

this b dream come true

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #621 on: November 30, 2012, 09:50:21 PM »
I guess when Obama said he would go line by line of budget spending and make cuts in 2008 he lied?  Can't believe people voted for him for another 4 years.  ::)

Get over it and learn to work with what we have. The other option is for you to spend the next 4 years complaining about what you don't like about government. 2008 is rapidly becoming ancient history....get with the program.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #622 on: November 30, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »

One can only hope!  :)

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
managing existing spending more powerful than more spending - says ME
« Reply #623 on: December 02, 2012, 01:46:25 PM »
dems you failed

with your top dog obama

for 4 years

and hek everyone in history has failed when trying communism

you need to get more bang for your buck

spending is already 10x too high, ask clinton

you need to start demanding results for all the money spent, stop making crony pals rich wike the 90billion green corps boama started with pals who fire wveryone and go outa biz

im with boehner "you cant be serious"
http://thehill.com/video/house/270471-boehner-flabbergasted-by-geithner-proposal