Author Topic: Mark Rippetoe critiques Arnold's squat  (Read 17386 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Mark Rippetoe critiques Arnold's squat
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2012, 04:03:11 AM »
I'm still waiting on Arnold's drug regimen & a copy of his genes.

Why on a board that is littered with posts of "all drugs" and "all genetics" do people still think that squatting as biomechanics intended will be the sole reason they become fat or blocky-waisted or remain skinny?

I hope suckmymuscle snaps your pets in half.

:D
x2

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
Re: Mark Rippetoe critiques Arnold's squat
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2012, 04:27:10 AM »
How is Arnold going to build a championship physique when he squats like that?

Oh wait, that was 40 plus years ago and he was Mr Olympia 7 times......oops

F**k Arnold, how can I build a blocky disgusting powerlifter physique guaranteed to repel the opposite sex?  Maybe Mark Rippedballs will create another video for me.

So what you're saying is that it's not drugs and genes, but way of training made him 7 times Mr Olympia? I am able to squat about 170kg at 73kg olympic style with belt but I have SMALL ass and separated legs with little bit of striations. You wanna know why? Because my mother had school records in sprint, jumping and always had small ass, small calves with ton of definition on them and normal legs. My legs are 100% like her. I do no other exercises for quads than front squats and back squats. My development is nothing out of this planet, but this is first and foremost because I use 1-6 rep range and I simply couldn't care less about "size" of my quads. They are built, could be more defined, separated and dense but what would I do with legs measuring 70cm? Put up a thong and look like an idiot? It's not practical, doesn't even look appealing to anyone except fellow bodybuilders and HONESTLY I grew out from caring what other fellow bodybuilders care about my physique.

Full squats are BEST exercise to build legs which is proven by Branch Warren, Coleman, Platz and many others as well as scientific research.