Author Topic: Obama's 17 Day vacation to cost taxpayers approximately $4,135,000  (Read 33218 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama's 17 Day vacation to cost taxpayers approximately $4,135,000
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure that absurd statement is consistent with everything he believed about Obama before the last election and actually before the first election

Yep this is what happens when hate compromises objectivity.   Happened to lots of people.  programmed by BS. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
Yep this is what happens when hate compromises objectivity.   Happened to lots of people.  programmed by BS. 

I hate O-SoulGlo   

Correct

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2013, 06:44:22 AM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/more-vacation-month-obamas-2013_711998.html

Chooming, snorting lines, boozing, doing crack, golfing, grifting, looting, cafoning - the obama way 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2013, 06:48:35 AM »
Obama Prioritizes Family Spring Break Over White House Tours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Article
Print ArticleSend a Tip

by Mike Flynn25 Mar 2013484post a comment View Discussion

As spring break begins for schoolchildren across the country, thousands of students will travel to Washington, DC. The trips, funded by bake sales and other events throughout the year, will allow the students to take in Washington's historic landmarks.

One premier destination is off-limits this year, however. A few weeks ago, the Obama Administration announced it was suspending public, self-guided tours of the White House as a result of the automatic sequester cuts that the administration proposed in 2011. While America's students stand outside the White House fence, the First Daughters, Sasha and Malia, are enjoying spring break with friends at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas.

Breitbart News' Matt Boyle broke the news Monday morning that numerous sources have reported seeing the First Daughters in the Bahamas this weekend. Presumably, the Obamas are paying the costs of the resort out of their own pockets. The robust Secret Service detail that must accompany the First Daughters, however, is funded by taxpayers.

The principal reason the White House canceled public tours was to save money on Secret Service staff. The White House reported that suspending the tours would save $74,000 a week. Other reports have put the savings at just $18,000 a week.

Whichever the true amount, the Secret Service detail necessary to protect the First Daughters on their spring break could likely have been used to keep the White House open to the rest of America's school children. Judicial Watch reported that Malia Obama's Spring Break in Mexico last year cost taxpayers over $115,000. That amount would cover 2-6 weeks of White House tours.

At the very least, it would ensure that, this spring break, thousands of America's students could cap their trip to DC with a uniquely American tradition--a tour of the White House.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2013, 09:01:53 AM »
 >:(

Obama Slated to Depart for Hawaii
by KEITH KOFFLER on DECEMBER 5, 2013

President Obama and his family will once again be taking a Hawaiian Christmas vacation, departing in two weeks – on or about December 20 – and returning January 5, according to Hawaii News Now.

That means that on January 1, at the very moment people across the country will be losing their insurance as a result of Obamacare, the president will be enjoying a festive respite from his troubles.

The Obamas have vacationed on Hawaii every year since Obama was first elected president, at considerable cost to taxpayers.

Air Force One is known to cost about $180,000 an hour to fly. Based on an estimated 18 hours roundtrip flying time for the flight between Washington and Honolulu, the travel cost alone of Obama’s annual Hawaii sojourn amounts to around $3.24 million. And that doesn’t include the price tag for the massive security operation required to move the president or the cost of the cargo plane that follows Air Force One around.

Obama is expected to stay as he has in the past in Kailua on the island of Oahu.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/12/05/obama-slated-depart-hawaii/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2013, 09:05:04 AM »
Unreal.   

WTF!!!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »
>:(

Obama Slated to Depart for Hawaii
by KEITH KOFFLER on DECEMBER 5, 2013

President Obama and his family will once again be taking a Hawaiian Christmas vacation, departing in two weeks – on or about December 20 – and returning January 5, according to Hawaii News Now.

That means that on January 1, at the very moment people across the country will be losing their insurance as a result of Obamacare, the president will be enjoying a festive respite from his troubles.

The Obamas have vacationed on Hawaii every year since Obama was first elected president, at considerable cost to taxpayers.

Air Force One is known to cost about $180,000 an hour to fly. Based on an estimated 18 hours roundtrip flying time for the flight between Washington and Honolulu, the travel cost alone of Obama’s annual Hawaii sojourn amounts to around $3.24 million. And that doesn’t include the price tag for the massive security operation required to move the president or the cost of the cargo plane that follows Air Force One around.

Obama is expected to stay as he has in the past in Kailua on the island of Oahu.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/12/05/obama-slated-depart-hawaii/

What do you suggest should be done???   ::)
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »

Vacation in his home state of Illinois.  Spend Christmas with the troops in Afghanistan.  Have a staycation, like many American families who cannot afford to spend a couple weeks in a multimillion dollar home on one of the nicest beaches in the world. 

But really, just go any place else other than 50th State.   >:(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2013, 04:37:17 PM »

Stay the fuck in DC and fix the messes he made damn it!!!!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2013, 05:16:34 PM »
Vacation in his home state of Illinois.  Spend Christmas with the troops in Afghanistan.  Have a staycation, like many American families who cannot afford to spend a couple weeks in a multimillion dollar home on one of the nicest beaches in the world. 

But really, just go any place else other than 50th State.   >:(

Spending Christmas in Afghanistan would run about 20-30 million....vacation to Illinois would almost be the same price as staying in Hawaii...which is where most of his relatives live...(besides Kenya). 

To be honest, you and I know that it would not make any difference where the president went because the GOP and flat earther's would find something to complain about.  I think politics need to be set aside for the holidays...who cares where the president goes on vacation to...
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »
Stay the fuck in DC and fix the messes he made damn it!!!!

DC has been a mess for almost 100 years..... ;D
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »

Spending Christmas in Afghanistan would run about 20-30 million....vacation to Illinois would almost be the same price as staying in Hawaii...which is where most of his relatives live...(besides Kenya). 

To be honest, you and I know that it would not make any difference where the president went because the GOP and flat earther's would find something to complain about.  I think politics need to be set aside for the holidays...who cares where the president goes on vacation to...

I don't know what it would cost to spend Christmas in Afghanistan, but I don't mind him spending my tax dollars to do that.  He's not a strong or good enough leader to make that sacrifice. 

It would cost the same to stay in his own house in Illinois, where most of his family probably is, than Hawaii?  Dude what are you smoking?  Do you know much farther Air Force One has to fly?  Do you know how much it costs to house all the people in his traveling party in Hawaii? 

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't complain one bit if he went to Afghanistan.  Or stayed in DC.  Or went to Chicago.  Or stayed the heck out of my state and didn't close down beaches and tie up traffic for two weeks.   >:( >:(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2013, 05:29:43 PM »
DC has been a mess for almost 100 years..... ;D

Obama promised to be CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE remember?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2013, 05:31:08 PM »
I don't know what it would cost to spend Christmas in Afghanistan, but I don't mind him spending my tax dollars to do that.  He's not a strong or good enough leader to make that sacrifice. 

It would cost the same to stay in his own house in Illinois, where most of his family probably is, than Hawaii?  Dude what are you smoking?  Do you know much farther Air Force One has to fly?  Do you know how much it costs to house all the people in his traveling party in Hawaii? 

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't complain one bit if he went to Afghanistan.  Or stayed in DC.  Or went to Chicago.  Or stayed the heck out of my state and didn't close down beaches and tie up traffic for two weeks.   >:( >:(

Obama is a spoiled selfish pig.   Read about what his little love fest w Chris Matthews caused today sickening 

And watch how he pimps mandelas death for his own uses.   He is a disgrace, a fraud, a twink, a punk, and pos

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2013, 06:49:25 PM »

The only difference would be fuel for the plane....but more security would be required for Illinois than for Hawaii....but the fact that you're arguing over cost when you're proposing him to vacation in Afganistan is puzzling.  And its not like he hasn't visited before

However you seem to forget that this is a family vacation so it would be ridiculous and irresponsible for him to bring his children to Afghanistan....Bush certainly never brought his daughters.  Even if he did, the GOP would accuse him of doing it for a photo opportunity or approval etc.....its a no win situation when it comes to right wing loonies.

Fact it BB, you're not being rational.

A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »

The only difference would be fuel for the plane....but more security would be required for Illinois than for Hawaii....but the fact that you're arguing over cost when you're proposing him to vacation in Afganistan is puzzling.  And its not like he hasn't visited before

However you seem to forget that this is a family vacation so it would be ridiculous and irresponsible for him to bring his children to Afghanistan....Bush certainly never brought his daughters.  Even if he did, the GOP would accuse him of doing it for a photo opportunity or approval etc.....its a no win situation when it comes to right wing loonies.

Fact it BB, you're not being rational.

He went to Afghanistan on the one year anniversary of Bin Laden's killing.  While running for reelection.  I am not impressed. 

I never said his family should go to Afghanistan.  He should go.  Not his family. 

How do you conclude more security would be required for Chicago than Honolulu? 

And the cost of accommodations are not comparable. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2013, 07:11:34 PM »
Also, I admit I'm biased because I don't want him coming here.  It's a logistical nightmare.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2013, 07:35:48 PM »
Also, I admit I'm biased because I don't want him coming here.  It's a logistical nightmare.   

He should go back to africa where he was born and belongs.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2013, 03:29:14 AM »

Chuckle...well at least you're honest
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2013, 07:56:10 PM »
Go to your hometown of Chicago.   >:(

Christmas vacation: Obamas get trip to Hawaii, taxpayers get ‘jelly-of-the-month’ club
By Malia Zimmerman  /   December 18, 2013

KAILUA, Hawaii – The presidential family will soon be vacationing in Hawaii.

It’s a holiday tradition for the Obamas, who have visited Kailua each year since 2008. The president and his friends pay rent for the 17-day trip, about $25,000 per week.

Taxpayers pay for most everything else, about $4 million, based on what we know.

Just call it another holiday tradition, of sorts, one that Clark W. Griswold would surely appreciate. The Obamas get a bonus while taxpayers get the bill, akin to an annual membership in the metaphoric jelly-of-the-month club.

It breaks down like this:

The 18-hour roundtrip aboard Air Force One costs $179,750 per hour for flight and operations — $3,235,500 total, estimates Michael Tasselmyer of the National Taxpayers Union Foundation,

A Congressional Research Service report released in May 2012 mirrors those estimates. The cost for a C-17 jet carrying presidential limos, helicopters and other support equipment to Hawaii has never been disclosed. But the roundtrip flight time from Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland and Hawaii is 21.5 hours, with estimated operating costs of $12,000 per hour, according to a Government Accountability Office report.

RELAX: View from the Moana Surfrider Hotel in Waikiki where the White House staff stays while the first family is in Hawaii.
The U.S. Marine Corps provides a presidential helicopter, along with pilots and support crews for the test flights, which travel on another C-17. That costs $258,000, not including per diem and hotel for the four- to six-member crew. U.S. Secret Service, Navy Seals and Coast Guard members rent homes along the canal and ocean for $250 per room per night, according to people who rent the houses.

A real estate source said the delegation, which arrives before the president, rents at least seven homes in the area, costing taxpayers more than $183,750.

White House staff who don’t stay in Kailua stay at the posh Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa on Waikiki Beach. Hotel rooms typically rent for $670 a night, but the hotel offers discounted government rates for about $255, according to hotel public relations manager Diana Su.

The Air Force flies in 22 vehicles so the president can golf, attend a basketball game with friends at Punahou School —Obama’s alma mater — or visit favorite restaurants such as Nobu’s and Buzz’s Steakhouse. Honolulu Police on special duty are paid $250,000 — another $10,000 is spent on an around-the-clock ambulance detail.

PAYING FOR THE VIEW: The first family enjoys sunrises like these when they vacation in Kailua over the Christmas holidays
The White House annually refuses to disclose the cost of several things, citing security. Such as:

An entire floor of an office building in Kailua on the canal during the president’s stay.
Security upgrades, such as bulletproof glass and additional phone lines added to private homes; existing security systems are disabled.
Rental cars and fuel for staff and security, as well as additional costs for Secret Service and White House staff traveling ahead of the president.
Because of emergency budget negotiations last year, the president made two round trips from Washington, D.C., to Hawaii, nearly doubling the cost of the vacation — more than $7.2 million.

Judicial Watch in May sued the Secret Service to “obtain records concerning use of U.S. Government funds to provide security and any other services to President Obama and any companions on their January 1 and 2, 2013, trip to Honolulu, Hawaii.”

The case, Judicial Watch v. U.S. Secret Service, continues, but there is nothing new, Judicial Watch spokeswoman Jill Farrell said this week.

The lawsuit, based on a Hawaii Reporter and Watchdog.org report that detailed the cost of the 2012 Christmas vacation, was filed after the Secret Service failed to provide information to Judicial Watch in response to a Jan. 2 Freedom of Information Act request.

“As of May 6, the Secret Service had yet to produce any record,” Judicial Watch said in a May 2013 statement.

http://watchdog.org/120832/obamas-hawaiian-vacation/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2013, 08:09:11 PM »
worthless slug

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2013, 05:27:37 AM »
VIP Hotel and Vehicles for Mandela Funeral Trip More Than $11M

7:16 AM, Dec 19, 2013 • By JERYL BIER    Send to KindleWidget tooltip
 Fred Barnes

State Department contract awards were posted this week for "Transportation services in support of Mandela Funeral" and "Accommodation in support of the Nelson Mandela funeral in South Africa."  The accompanying Justification and Approval documents estimated the cost of transportation at a maximum of $8,286,194.74.  The transportation contract covers only ground transportation in South Africa.  Costs for Air Force One and other air travel are not included.  Two contracts were listed for the cost of lodging: one for $2,042,850 for an estimated "3,240 lodging room nights" and another for $1,190,573 for an estimated "2,490 lodging room nights" stretching from December 6, 2013 to January 20, 2014.

It is unclear from the documents if the lodging and transportation contracts covered just the president and his support staff, or if it included George W. Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and other current and former government officials.  The transportation contract included passenger vehicles, SUVs, vans, buses, pickup trucks, box trucks, and "larger capacity vehicles":

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »
Your Birthday Gift to Michelle
by KEITH KOFFLER on JANUARY 5, 2014

First Lady Michelle Obama failed to accompany President Obama and their daughters home from Hawaii today, a decision that will likely incur taxpayers at least a couple of hundred thousand dollars in costs.

Michelle happyThe White House described the move as a “birthday gift” from President Obama to his wife,  allowing her to “spend times with friends ahead of her upcoming 50th birthday,” which occurs January 17. But for this gift, you are footing much of the bill.

I estimated some costs a year ago when, on their previous vacation to Hawaii, it appeared that Michelle was going to stay in Hawaii while her husband went home to deal with a problem he was having with Congress:

Assuming Mrs. Obama uses the type of plane she has flown before to Hawaii, the Air Force C-40B Special Mission Aircraft, the cost of a flight from Honolulu to Washington would be about $63,000. If the C-40B must be flown out to Hawaii to retrieve Mrs. Obama, as would seem likely, the first lady’s travel costs could amount to about $126,000, assuming the jet is dispatched from Washington.

And the cost would be much higher still if a supply-carrying cargo jet comes home along with Michelle in addition to the cargo jet that accompanies Air Force One – particularly if that jet too must be flown out to Hawaii just for Mrs. Obama.

Once you throw in the tens of thousands of dollars that must be dished out to house, pay, and support the military and Secret Service assets enlisted to protect Mrs. Obama – as well as other support staff – the price tag for her stay is probably in excess of $200,000, and possibly much more, depending on how long she remains on vacation.

Instead, last year Obama returned to Hawaii to resume his vacation after finishing up with Congress, at a far greater cost to taxpayers due to the much higher price tag for flying Air Force One.

That would seem unlikely this year, but anything’s possible.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/01/05/birthday-gift-michelle/