Author Topic: Prince dead at 57  (Read 50510 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Prince dead at 57
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2016, 01:22:42 PM »
Isn't Lukather rumored to have done some of Guns 'n Roses stuff as well?

Wouldn't doubt it. Guy's played on over two thousand records that are not TOTO or solo efforts. Luke is a freakazoid guitarist. Can sight read music and play almost any style. His chops are elite and his tastefulness and vibrato is legend. 

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2016, 01:23:45 PM »
Well Prince was a very good (not great but very good) guitar player....from 3:27

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2016, 01:33:08 PM »
 :'(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2016, 01:43:33 PM »
According to his sister, Prince did not leave a will. The probate lawyers are likely lining up to get a big chunk of his wealth.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2016, 03:00:54 PM »
Well Prince was a very good (not great but very good) guitar player....from 3:27

ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons:
It was following the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th anniversary celebration [in 2009]. They had a two night grand hurrah at Madison Square Garden and I was invited to perform with Jeff Beck. And following that appearance, I found myself back at the hotel and I wandered off in search of some late-night grub and my favorite 24-hour joint was shut down for unknown reasons. I tiptoed across the street to the Tiger Bar. I was just standing at the front and I was approached by a rather large gentleman and he said, ‘You’re wanted at the corner table.’ And there was Prince sitting all by his lonesome. And I gave him a brief tip of the hat and sat down and said, ‘Hey man, it’s so good to see you.’ He said, ‘It’s so good to see you. Let’s talk about guitar playing.’ I said, ‘Why not?’ And in the next two hours we really dove into the depth of his intent, interest and focus toward technique and tone. I left that evening even more mesmerized than I’d previously been, just knowing the sincerity that Prince kept toward his playing, his performing and his all-around showmanship.

More:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/04/22/defying-description-zz-tops-billy-gibbons-on-prince-the-sensational-guitarist/

8)

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2016, 05:31:41 PM »
ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons:
It was following the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th anniversary celebration [in 2009]. They had a two night grand hurrah at Madison Square Garden and I was invited to perform with Jeff Beck. And following that appearance, I found myself back at the hotel and I wandered off in search of some late-night grub and my favorite 24-hour joint was shut down for unknown reasons. I tiptoed across the street to the Tiger Bar. I was just standing at the front and I was approached by a rather large gentleman and he said, ‘You’re wanted at the corner table.’ And there was Prince sitting all by his lonesome. And I gave him a brief tip of the hat and sat down and said, ‘Hey man, it’s so good to see you.’ He said, ‘It’s so good to see you. Let’s talk about guitar playing.’ I said, ‘Why not?’ And in the next two hours we really dove into the depth of his intent, interest and focus toward technique and tone. I left that evening even more mesmerized than I’d previously been, just knowing the sincerity that Prince kept toward his playing, his performing and his all-around showmanship.

More:

gibbons is a great guitar player,    jimi hendrix was a fan of his

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/04/22/defying-description-zz-tops-billy-gibbons-on-prince-the-sensational-guitarist/

8)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2016, 05:45:36 PM »
According to his sister, Prince did not leave a will. The probate lawyers are likely lining up to get a big chunk of his wealth.

If this is true it will likely get ugly.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2016, 06:20:56 PM »
If this is true it will likely get ugly.

mr white i read he has like 8 siblings to,  wont be much left over after debts and probate

just like the jackson estate,   the kids wont get anything michael had a ton of debt and the estate owes the irs 750 million in taxes

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2016, 06:37:43 PM »
mr white i read he has like 8 siblings to,  wont be much left over after debts and probate

just like the jackson estate,   the kids wont get anything michael had a ton of debt and the estate owes the irs 750 million in taxes

He obviously worked with teams of lawyers accountants etc and it's vexing that he would not have an estate plan.  Simply adding beneficiaries to investment accounts protects them from probate.

It will become a feeding frenzy.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2016, 07:02:01 PM »
He obviously worked with teams of lawyers accountants etc and it's vexing that he would not have an estate plan.  Simply adding beneficiaries to investment accounts protects them from probate.

It will become a feeding frenzy.

you got that right mr white

i would bet they will sell the rights to his music catalog asap, he probably didnt have alot of cash on hand from the looks of it .

its a shame to i am sure he would have liked sheila e to get something they worked together for nearly 30 years or more i think

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2016, 07:50:02 PM »
ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons:

That article sounded like it was ghost written by someone else.  Said a lot of flowery words I couldn't see Gibbons ever saying.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2016, 11:49:16 PM »
MY TOP 2 FAVORITES FROM THE GREAT PRINCE ROGER NELSON !!! ;)

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2016, 03:59:19 AM »
bros     3:01 one of the best solos ive ever heard

amazing

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2016, 04:55:21 AM »

Good shit.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2016, 06:39:04 AM »

Billy is indeed a fantastic blues/rock guitarist. One of the best in that style. His touch and nuance are his alone.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2016, 11:39:52 AM »
 :'(

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
"

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2016, 01:48:04 PM »

Good shit.

didn't know Maya Rudolph sings.......that chick was good in SNL, had a crush on her.. ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2016, 02:50:13 PM »
didn't know Maya Rudolph sings.......that chick was good in SNL, had a crush on her.. ;)

You do realize that her mother is Minnie Riperton, don't you?  I'm guessing she was before your time.  :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2016, 03:26:23 PM »
Larry King and Prince in 1999.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2016, 03:28:52 PM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2016, 03:32:03 PM »
Most not written by him.

He presented well the music: grand videos at a time when the medium was fresh and exciting and that featured his snappy and unique dancing.

Let's not forget the HUGE impact on sales that having Ed Van Halen solo on "Beat It" had. Suddenly rockers were given licence to dig Mike and even buy his record.

(Steve Lukather playing the riff didn't hurt his credibility with musicians and industry types, either.)

Quincy Jones is like Bob Rock or Mutt Lange. He shapes artists and propels them into something FAR, far greater than what they could ever be without him.

Hell, it was Quincy who CHOSE songs for Michael!

Let's not get caught up in the moment.Whether he wrote them or not doesn't change the fact he had more top tier songs than prince, was a better singer, dancer, and had more charisma (Prince had plenty but Jackson was the greatest ever for this),was more popular and sold 3 times the records.Prince was a better at songwriting and playing the instruments.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2016, 04:39:31 PM »
bros     3:01 one of the best solos ive ever heard

amazing

That is sweeet indeed!  Made my day.  Thx

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »
Let's not get caught up in the moment.Whether he wrote them or not doesn't change the fact he had more top tier songs than prince, was a better singer, dancer, and had more charisma (Prince had plenty but Jackson was the greatest ever for this),was more popular and sold 3 times the records.Prince was a better at songwriting and playing the instruments.

Lol

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:05 PM »
Q