Author Topic: Prince dead at 57  (Read 50730 times)

axestream

• Getbig IV
Re: Prince dead at 57
« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2016, 07:06:57 PM »
The Boss opens with Purple Rain.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: RIP Prince
« Reply #201 on: April 23, 2016, 10:44:54 PM »
Prince Was Supposed to Play Ruby Rhod in THE FIFTH ELEMENT

http://nerdist.com/prince-was-supposed-to-play-ruby-rhod-in-the-fifth-element/

With the recent passing of legendary musician—and legendary everything else—Prince, there has been an outpouring of grief, praise, and fond memories from fans and people who were lucky enough to have actually worked with the Purple One. Luc Besson, legendary in his own right as the director of films like Léon: The Professional and Lucy, joined the chorus of the bereaved by not only sending his well wishes, but also pointing out that Prince was originally supposed to play Ruby Rhod in his 1997 mega sci-fi blockbuster, The Fifth Element.

Ruby Rhod as a character makes so much more sense now, right?

Although this fact was reported by sources like io9 and Blastr back in 2013, Besson himself took to Twitter today to send off Prince with a quick salute (“#Prince on Earth, King in Heaven”), as well as a picture of the sketch French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier originally made for what would have been Prince’s costume had he taken on the part of the funky androgynous radio star with billions of listeners.

Prince was unable to play the part because, as Besson points out, the shoot dates for the film didn’t align with his tour dates. Although according to Gaultier, Prince did see this sketch (which is shown in further detail in the gallery above) in person, but deemed it “too effeminate” (Gaultier’s words) for his taste. There also may have been a language mix up, as Gaultier spoke with a heavy accent, and let’s just say “faux cul” can sound frighteningly disrespectful to somebody who doesn’t speak French.

Although it’s unfortunate we didn’t get even more Prince in our lives, it’s hard to say that The Fifth Element suffered with Prince’s replacement, Chris Tucker. Most would probably agree that Tucker nailed the part of Rhod, delivering an iconic performance as the man who made the Fhloston Paradise females quiver like no other. Except for Prince of course, who could’ve had any heart he wanted while he was here on Earth, and still probably can in whichever paradise he’s now making a bit more purple.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #202 on: April 23, 2016, 11:26:16 PM »
Doctor Who's New Companion Pays a Subtle Tribute to Prince

Earlier today, during halftime at the FA Cup semi-final match, the BBC revealed the new companion coming to Doctor Who in Series 10 in 2017.

Pearl Mackie will play "Bill," the series' latest companion. She will replace Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald, who exited at the end of Series 9, and joins Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

...And, with everyone still in shock over the recent passing of pop culture icon Prince, Mackie took it upon herself to honor the artist in her first official publicity photos, as noticed by Hi-Fi Color founder Brian Miller:

That's the interior sleeve to the Purple Rain LP, as pictured above, featured on "Bill's" t-shirt. Well played, Pearl Mackie!

Doctor Who Series 10 will be an exciting time of transition for the series, as it is both the first Series for the new companion, and the final series for showrunner Steven Moffat.

Doctor Who will return for the annual Christmas Special on Christmas Day 2016.

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/23/doctor-whos-new-companion-pays-a-subtle-tribute-to-prince/

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2016, 04:23:34 AM »
The correct answer is 1999!  The others were good too, but he did his best work with the Revolution as his band.  I can't wait to hear his posthumous albums.  There was a period when he was writing a song and day and recording a new song a week.  He supposedly has a vault of several albums worth of music that has never been released.  That could be some good stuff.  Bay likey!  8)

hey bay i hope they realease the unrelased stuff he did with the revolution- like wonderfull ass

that song is awesome

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2016, 05:07:11 AM »
I think he is straight but likes to blur the lines in his act as asexual.

PS my question was not made nor meant as an insult.

That's just plain silly.  No one in his right mind would describe Prince as asexual.  Have you heard his lyrics or watched him perform?  He is the exact opposite of asexual.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2016, 05:25:22 AM »
my favorite prince albums and yes im a big fan

purple rain
gold- super underated
prince
parade

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2016, 09:48:18 AM »
and the bottom line is, many more celebrities will keep dying on these OTCs....somehow, they don't think these drugs could do any harm.....you keep gulping these OTCs, they'll send you to the underworld just as fast......I'm sure they won't release any final autopsy report and will leave the public to draw it's own conclusion....hey, life goes on, who's next on the list?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2016, 09:33:31 PM »
and the bottom line is, many more celebrities will keep dying on these OTCs....

My girlfriend figures George Michael is going to die of some overdose at some point sooner than later.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2016, 10:24:16 AM »
My girlfriend figures George Michael is going to die of some overdose at some point sooner than later.

overdosing on cock? could be

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »
We know he's dead by now......end of thread.  >:(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:05 PM »
From Cape Code, to Omaha, to Los Angeles, virtually every paper in the country had him on the cover!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2016, 01:23:21 PM »
From France, German, to Sweden... this is what it sounds like when doves cry.  :'(

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2016, 01:26:20 PM »
this metrosexual 120lbs dude seem to have free amount of drooling pussy and fine ass! Im pretty jelaux!

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2016, 01:32:09 PM »
Perhaps a sensible, courageous mod could merge the dead phaggot dwarf threads.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=607860.0

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2016, 07:29:58 PM »
Prince’s 10 Most Controversial Songs

http://nerdist.com/princes-10-most-controversial-songs/

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2016, 07:36:10 PM »
I think he is straight but likes to blur the lines in his act as asexual.

PS my question was not made nor meant as an insult.
What Prince did was take the pretty boy Dandy to the extreme. And this drove the women wild.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2016, 07:38:20 PM »
What Prince did was take the pretty boy Dandy to the extreme. And this drove the women wild.

It didn't hurt that he was exceptionally talented and handsome to boot.  Good looking little guy.  Women did adore him.   Of course fame and fortune helped out too.  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2016, 04:20:12 AM »
Yeah, says some random guy on a Message Board. The dude was his own genre of music. A few songs? He had an whole catalog.

I know, right?  Because millions of fans and literally dozens of music critics around the world are all wrong and the random internet guy is correct.  ::)

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2016, 04:22:12 AM »
I never understood how there was ever a debate about Prince vs. Michael Jackson.

Prince was so much better a musician, easily just as good a performer, actually played every instrument exceedingly well, and wrote his own music.

How is that even a competition?

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2016, 05:03:25 AM »
I never understood how there was ever a debate about Prince vs. Michael Jackson.

Prince was so much better a musician, easily just as good a performer, actually played every instrument exceedingly well, and wrote his own music.

silver spoon there wasnt , there are alot of idiots out there that do not understand true music talent, michael was nothing but a  pedophile that could dance,, all his big hits were written by quincy jones as well.

michael was never  on princes  level as far as a true musician is concerned.

look at sade she is one of the few female singers that wrote all her own songs, but she gets no recognition for that.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2016, 09:04:21 AM »
silver spoon there wasnt , there are alot of idiots out there that do not understand true music talent, michael was nothing but a  pedophile that could dance,, all his big hits were written by quincy jones as well.

michael was never  on princes  level as far as a true musician is concerned.

look at sade she is one of the few female singers that wrote all her own songs, but she gets no recognition for that.

Hell, "Human Nature" was written entirely by Steve Porcaro of TOTO fame. It's well known. Go on YouTube and watch the interviews and listen to Steve's demo, given to Quincy.

A lot of Thriller is TOTO "featuring" Michael Jackson.

As a musician, Prince annihilates MJ.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2016, 09:17:07 AM »

Jackson has more top tier songs than anyone not named the beatles.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2016, 09:24:08 AM »
Jackson has more top tier songs than anyone not named the beatles.

Most not written by him.

He presented well the music: grand videos at a time when the medium was fresh and exciting and that featured his snappy and unique dancing.

Let's not forget the HUGE impact on sales that having Ed Van Halen solo on "Beat It" had. Suddenly rockers were given licence to dig Mike and even buy his record.

(Steve Lukather playing the riff didn't hurt his credibility with musicians and industry types, either.)

Quincy Jones is like Bob Rock or Mutt Lange. He shapes artists and propels them into something FAR, far greater than what they could ever be without him.

Hell, it was Quincy who CHOSE songs for Michael!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2016, 09:31:48 AM »
Most not written by him.

He presented well the music: grand videos at a time when the medium was fresh and exciting and that featured his snappy and unique dancing.

Let's not forget the HUGE impact on sales that having Ed Van Halen solo on "Beat It" had. Suddenly rockers were given licence to dig Mike and even buy his record.

(Steve Lukather playing the riff didn't hurt his credibility with musicians and industry types, either.)

Quincy Jones is like Bob Rock or Mutt Lange. He moods artists and propels them into something FAR, far greater than they could ever be without him.

Hell, it was Quincy who CHOSE songs for Michael!
ALL GREAT POINTS MAN,,,,IT IMPACTED ME I'M A HUGE EVH FAN SINCE 78 VH1 I WAS 10...
HEARING HIS LEAD ON BEAT IT WAS A SHOCK AT THE TIME...LUKATHER IS GREAT TOO EDDIE'S PAL..

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2016, 12:56:54 PM »
Isn't Lukather rumored to have done some of Guns 'n Roses stuff as well?