Author Topic: Crazy overbuilt equipment  (Read 11194 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Crazy overbuilt equipment
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »
Good thing I don't build machinery for a living.  Might have to rethink a few of my brilliant invention ideas.

Still... this one isn't bad!  Seeing as it's all mine now.  ;D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 09:42:27 AM »
The machine does have one cool feature a big Aussie equipment firm stole to use on their machines for twenty years can anyone figure that part out?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 09:43:35 AM »
Integral esky.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
If anyone has the time to find Vince's allegations , please re-post them.THE BEEF would love to forward them to the admin of Arnold s site so it could get to his office. THE BEEF  thinks Arnold might want to send a legal letter to Vince.

THE BEEF

THE BEEF always struck me as the kind of straight-shooter that wouldn't care this much about Basille and his shenanigans.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 09:58:23 AM »
Gotta wonder what this tool is all about. Claims Arnold raped a 14 yr old girl in his " penthouse " in the 70's yet still uses him to promote Roz and Vince's Gym. Seems like an opportunistic who has no moral compus.

THE BEEF
^^
I never heard this one before, do you or anyone else have a link to this????? :o

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »
^^
I never heard this one before, do you or anyone else have a link to this????? :o
she was 17 and willingly fucked Arnold.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 10:04:42 AM »
she was 17 and willingly fucked Arnold.
^^
OK OK, sounds more believable!!!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 10:51:46 AM »
THE BEEF always struck me as the kind of straight-shooter that wouldn't care this much about Basille and his shenanigans.

THE BEEF has upper management written all over him

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
TAPE, Your explanation 'convinced me' that you were some sort of mechanical engineer genius.

Thanks for clarifying me that you 'ain't one'.

I've always wanted to go to college and learn how to design and construct those long manufacturing lines that create automobiles or insert food in cans with no need of human intervention ..... but I didn't know what to call that course of study.

But I still watch "How Things are Made" once in a while on TV.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 11:38:37 AM »
TAPE, Your explanation 'convinced me' that you were some sort of mechanical engineer genius.

Thanks for clarifying me that you 'ain't one'.

I've always wanted to go to college and learn how to design and construct those long manufacturing lines that create automobiles or insert food in cans with no need of human intervention ..... but I didn't know what to call that course of study.

But I still watch "How Things are Made" once in a while on TV.

Robotics is cool stuff from what I've seen.  I haven't really studied it but it's amazing what can get done with pneumatics & hydraulics for grunt, electric for actuation, and computer control. I've been boning up more on fluid management, valving, pumps, and hydraulics, so guess I'm guilty of 'projection' when it comes to the leg press.

Just the machining processes and all the nifty ways people have figured out to shape durable materials like different steels really interests me.  Wish I had more time to get informed but a true machinist is someone with a lifetime in his trade.  Those guys get all my respect...especially when I want something expensive cut after scratching my head for a week and they just show me a better way right there on the spot.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »
This thing has more parts on it than the space shuttle

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »
 ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
Yep, that was my first thought,  Kaiser Pneumatic System. I haven't seen it around much, but it still seems to sell to rehab and older folks gyms.

vince says :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »
vince says :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
actually used these kaiser air machines in the mid 80's at fitness america gym. first time i used the preacher bench kaiser machine worked great, next time i thiought it sucked stopped useing immeadiately
F

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
Could it be resident Getbig flotsam and masters degree holder . . .

;D ;D ;D

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 07:44:16 PM »
Ok, I can see what he's going for.  A needle valve (bottom, right of center?) to vary hydraulic flow and govern resistance instead of loading plates.

You can see Clever Dick holding onto the pressure pipes beneath the 45 elbow.  The tank is a just a reservoir.

Looks like he might have used a second chrome steel pipe in addition to the main linear bearing supporting rod and installed a sliding seal inside it to feed the tank.  I'd be more inclined to use a fixed seal around a pneumatic strut and let the strut rod plunger the fluid, or a hydraulic cylinder (full size or mini & cammed).

Probably a marketable item to pink gyms where plates are yucky.  Chrome rod and a sliding seal aren't cost effective tho and are going to mean maintenance or wet/oily leaks.

This cat is amazing!!!!!

THE BEEF

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 08:18:41 PM »
This cat is amazing!!!!!

THE BEEF

And 100% wrong!  ;D

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »
If anyone has the time to find Vince's allegations , please re-post them.THE BEEF would love to forward them to the admin of Arnold s site so it could get to his office. THE BEEF  thinks Arnold might want to send a legal letter to Vince.

THE BEEF

oh fucking brother  ::)

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 03:56:49 AM »
oh fucking brother  ::)

Simmer down son . . .

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 07:45:36 AM »
Serious question for you Vince . . . the gym is listed as Roz & Vince's, yet on the sign it reads Vince and Roz. Why?

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 08:08:54 PM »
Vince . . . Vince???

THE BEEF

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »
Now which Getbig tool built this? And what the fuck does the bit circled in red do?

THE BEEF

Anyone who can't figure out what the bit circled in red does is a certified knucklehead! My leg presses can be used in two ways. First as shown in the photo by Ryan Laos, Mr Australia, Mr World. The back rest can be removed so that the user lies with those round pads against his shoulders. That is how I designed the machine to be used. These are still the best leg presses ever made. Built in 1987 and still as good as new. They have shock absorbers to dampen the load when lowered. Sleds run on Thompson Linear Bearings.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2013, 09:34:26 PM »
Seen here giving Arnold training advice

Geez this picture is creepy!

Looks like Vince is giving Arnold some form of psychotherapy.

"1"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »

THE BEEF

This Hurricane guy is a dork. Do you honestly think I would post false allegations on the internet? The girl was 16. She told me that Arnold forced her to have sex but she didn't say anything because she didn't want to get him in trouble.

Robert Nailon walked in on them while we were having a party for Arnold at our apartment at Manly Beach.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »
Geez this picture is creepy!

Looks like Vince is giving Arnold some form of psychotherapy.

"1"

Who made you a moderator! The photo was taken in 1974 in our gym when Arnold was there posing and doing a seminar. Before he started I did an interview and he replied to my questions.