Author Topic: Crazy overbuilt equipment  (Read 11213 times)

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
Crazy overbuilt equipment
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:11:20 AM »
Now which Getbig tool built this? And what the fuck does the bit circled in red do?

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
Re: Crazy overbuilt equipment
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:24:30 AM »
Could it be resident Getbig flotsam and masters degree holder . . .

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:28:22 AM »
Seen here giving Arnold training advice

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 07:31:37 AM »
Gotta wonder what this tool is all about. Claims Arnold raped a 14 yr old girl in his " penthouse " in the 70's yet still uses him to promote Roz and Vince's Gym. Seems like an opportunistic who has no moral compus.

THE BEEF

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 07:35:09 AM »
Now which Getbig tool built this? And what the fuck does the bit circled in red do?

THE BEEF

Looks like a variation on Kaiser (sp?) equipment.  Using air pressure instead of weights.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 07:36:14 AM »
Gotta wonder what this tool is all about. Claims Arnold raped a 14 yr old girl in his " penthouse " in the 70's yet still uses him to promote Roz and Vince's Gym. Seems like an opportunistic who has no moral compus.

THE BEEF

Vince's moral compass is as good as Dick Cheney's.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 07:38:35 AM »
Somebody needs to post the picture of Basils crazy arm blaster !!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 07:39:36 AM »
Looks like a variation on Kaiser (sp?) equipment.  Using air pressure instead of weights.

Using air-pressure to simulate the effect of weights....instead of using weights?  

Why hasn't anyone thought of using some sort of high-density gas with extreme air-resistance to simulate the effects of air-pressure's simulation of weight?  That's when the gains start!
Y

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 07:39:40 AM »

So he may well have ripped off another manufactures idea and claimed it as an original?

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »
Using air-pressure to simulate the effect of weights....instead of using weights?  

Why hasn't anyone thought of using some sort of high-density gas with extreme air-resistance to simulate the effects of air-pressure's simulation of weight?  That's when the gains start!

Vince assuredly has . . .

THE BEEF

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 07:50:39 AM »

Yep, that was my first thought,  Kaiser Pneumatic System. I haven't seen it around much, but it still seems to sell to rehab and older folks gyms.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:53 AM »

THE BEEF

If anyone has the time to find Vince's allegations , please re-post them.THE BEEF would love to forward them to the admin of Arnold s site so it could get to his office. THE BEEF  thinks Arnold might want to send a legal letter to Vince.

THE BEEF

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 09:08:20 AM »

THE BEEF

"There are very few gyms with as much of this equipment these days"

There's a reason why. Gyms fill there floors with up shiny new machines that know one knows how to use and calls it "state of the art".

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 09:10:07 AM »
Ok, I can see what he's going for.  A needle valve (bottom, right of center?) to vary hydraulic flow and govern resistance instead of loading plates.

You can see Clever Dick holding onto the pressure pipes beneath the 45 elbow.  The tank is a just a reservoir.

Looks like he might have used a second chrome steel pipe in addition to the main linear bearing supporting rod and installed a sliding seal inside it to feed the tank.  I'd be more inclined to use a fixed seal around a pneumatic strut and let the strut rod plunger the fluid, or a hydraulic cylinder (full size or mini & cammed).

Probably a marketable item to pink gyms where plates are yucky.  Chrome rod and a sliding seal aren't cost effective tho and are going to mean maintenance or wet/oily leaks.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »
Ok, I can see what he's going for.  A needle valve (bottom, right of center?) to vary hydraulic flow and govern resistance instead of loading plates.

You can see Clever Dick holding onto the pressure pipes beneath the 45 elbow.  The tank is a just a reservoir.

Looks like he might have used a second chrome steel pipe in addition to the main linear bearing supporting rod and installed a sliding seal inside it to feed the tank.  I'd be more inclined to use a fixed seal around a pneumatic strut and let the strut rod plunger the fluid, or a hydraulic cylinder (full size or mini & cammed).

Probably a marketable item to pink gyms where plates are yucky.  Chrome rod and a sliding seal aren't cost effective tho and are going to mean maintenance or wet/oily leaks.

Real question is: can you sell used thongs after building your physique on one of those?

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 09:14:24 AM »
I'm wondering if that is a shoulder pad that is utilized if the leg press can be brought all the way to a lying position?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 09:17:52 AM »
Could it be resident Getbig flotsam and masters degree holder . . .
'Vince started bodybuilding in 1959 and excelled in many sports including bodybuilding, weight lifting, gymnastics, discus and shotput.'  What a sentence.  ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »
Real question is: can you sell used thongs after building your physique on one of those?

I got some underwear with holes in it that Goodwill sent back with a nasty letter.  ???

Ok, fuck all that.  Sled rides on rod & bearings.  Affix hydraulic cylinder rod to sled.  Affix cylinder body to frame.  Fluid runs from cylinder, to variable valve, to tank.

Affix flow meter to tank and to varible electric shock attachments to motivate client.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 09:22:54 AM »
I got some underwear with holes in it that Goodwill sent back with a nasty letter.  ???

Ok, fuck all that.  Sled rides on rod & bearings.  Affix hydraulic cylinder rod to sled.  Affix cylinder body to frame.  Fluid runs from cylinder, to variable valve, to tank.

Affix flow meter to tank and to varible electric shock attachments to motivate client.

TBombz likey.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
Lots of mechanical engineers here I see.

I have used that machine. The round things are shoulder pads since the entire angled pad lifts off so you can do leg presses laying flat if you wish to.

FLEX leg press is better IMHO.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 09:32:56 AM »
Lots of mechanical engineers here I see.

I have used that machine. The round things are shoulder pads since the entire angled pad lifts off so you can do leg presses laying flat if you wish to.

FLEX leg press is better IMHO.

Those are definitely pressure pipes he's hanging onto.  Surely.  They're not substantial enough to be structural and there looks to be an elbow above his fingers.  Gotta carry air or fluid.

Could you adjust resistance by turning a knob?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »
Those are definitely pressure pipes he's hanging onto.  Surely.  They're not substantial enough to be structural and there looks to be an elbow above his fingers.  Gotta carry air or fluid.

Could you adjust resistance by turning a knob?
the thing circled in red are shoulders pads as per the first posters question.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 09:37:45 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
the thing circled in red are shoulders pads as per the first posters question.

Man.  I suck at this.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:35 AM »
He is holding onto some hand rails welded onto the machine they are not structural.

Machine is an angled leg press on linear bearings nothing more.