Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 424905 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #950 on: November 14, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »
Warren taking this wealth tax stance. Pretty obvious they are doing everything in the background they can to make public Trump's tax rate. Lie-a-watha. Slinging Bull.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #951 on: November 14, 2019, 02:06:24 PM »
Deval Patrick to enter 2020 Democratic presidential race

Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick will be entering the 2020 presidential race, the New York Times reports.

Why it matters: The former governor will now be joining the crowded Democratic field less than three months out from the Iowa caucuses. The Times reports that Patrick is expected to launch his campaign with a video and an appearance in New Hampshire to file for the state's ballot.

The Atlantic reported earlier this week that Patrick may be planning to skip the Iowa caucus altogether and to focus his efforts on New Hampshire and South Carolina.
The backdrop: Patrick served as Massachusetts' governor from 2007 to 2015. He's previously served in the Clinton administration as the U.S. assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division. He is currently working at the private equity firm Bain Capital.

In 2018, Patrick said he would not run in light of his wife's cancer diagnosis. She has since been given a clean bill of health.
Of note: Patrick has already missed the filing deadlines in both Alabama and Arkansas.

https://www.axios.com/deval-patrick-2020-democrats-president-a34a60c6-8ebf-4016-a21b-437ebab14ccf.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Aw, jeez, he sounds like Steve Urkel. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #952 on: November 14, 2019, 02:32:34 PM »
???

Are you asking for an explanation? It seemed like an appropriate response to the comment about the candidates looking like retired (old) crossing guards.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #953 on: November 14, 2019, 03:56:36 PM »
Are you asking for an explanation? It seemed like an appropriate response to the comment about the candidates looking like retired (old) crossing guards.

I'm wondering why you called Buttigieg a "rising star." 

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #954 on: November 14, 2019, 06:50:33 PM »

Homos of a feather stick together

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #955 on: November 14, 2019, 07:51:26 PM »
Rising star, Peter Buttigieg is 37 years old....a little young to be retired and he isn't. However, just so you know, some 'crossing guards' are parents who volunteer to do this very important job. Some are school staff. It is the same as  being a Walmart greeter. :)

They still look Laughable & incompetent
As For ButtPlug  ::)  it must be all that Arse Fucking & pole smoking
He Gets make him look so old & out of it.

As much as I Really Can’t Stand & Dislike Donkey Teeth Cortez
She got some life about her.

That Fucking Lot a bunch of Wax work Dummies have more life & Intelligence.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #956 on: November 15, 2019, 10:52:11 AM »
Not a good start.

Deval Patrick Flubbed His Family Bio In Campaign Kickoff Video
The former Massachusetts governor’s announcement video suggests he was the first in his family to go to college, but his father apparently went before him.
By Daniel Marans and Richard Kim
11/14/2019
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/deval-patrick-father-college-flub-announcement-video-2020-democratic-presidential-primary_n_5dcdb86ce4b06a60957d292d

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #957 on: November 15, 2019, 11:52:51 AM »

Because he his standing in the polls continues to rise.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #958 on: November 15, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »
Because he his standing in the polls continues to rise.

From that standpoint so is Elizabeth Warren.  But we both know neither one of them are "stars." 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #959 on: November 15, 2019, 12:05:59 PM »
From that standpoint so is Elizabeth Warren.  But we both know neither one of them are "stars." 

By definition, they are. Who knows what the future holds? Either could become a falling star at any point.

Definition of rising star. : a person or thing that is growing quickly in popularity or importance in a particular field a rising star in politics.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #960 on: November 15, 2019, 12:48:14 PM »
The leaders in the Dem primary are placeholders but a better candidate hasn't stepped up. I think that some higher profile people were waiting for Trump to be removed.

It's not going to happen so "run what ya brung" as they say in drag racing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #961 on: November 15, 2019, 12:52:36 PM »
By definition, they are. Who knows what the future holds? Either could become a falling star at any point.

Definition of rising star. : a person or thing that is growing quickly in popularity or importance in a particular field a rising star in politics.

Context is everything.  The only reason he is in the mix is the crop of Democrat candidates is arguably the worst in presidential history. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #962 on: November 15, 2019, 01:08:17 PM »
Context is everything.  The only reason he is in the mix is the crop of Democrat candidates is arguably the worst in presidential history. 

You are entitled to your opinion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #963 on: November 15, 2019, 05:07:42 PM »
You are entitled to your opinion.

Obviously.  A lot of facts supporting my opinion. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #964 on: November 15, 2019, 07:10:29 PM »
 ;D

;D

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #965 on: November 15, 2019, 07:17:09 PM »

Primepelosi is entitled to be wrong, and he certainly abuses that privilege with every post.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #966 on: November 15, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »

A lot of facts, I am not so sure about that. A lot of people, specially on Getbig, and you're right on with that tally.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #967 on: November 17, 2019, 06:27:23 PM »
Kamala Harris campaign aides complain of 'internal strife,' are 'deep into finger-pointing'

Long gone are the days of California Sen. Kamala Harris polling alongside former Vice President Joe Biden, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders in the top tier of 2020 presidential candidates.

Her campaign recently laid off several dozen staff members as part of a reorganization effort to focus on the Iowa caucuses, and the campaign's struggles prompted several aides to anonymously complain about internal strife.

Over a dozen "current and former staffers as well as others close to the campaign" spoke to Politico for a story published Friday titled, "'No discipline. No plan. No strategy.': Kamala Harris campaign in meltdown."

At the center of the Politico story is a reported power struggle between campaign manager Juan Rodriguez and Maya Harris, the sister of Kamala.

Aides reportedly blame Rodriguez for his "questionable budget decisions" and "lack of clarity about what changes have been made to right the ship and his plans to turn the situation around."

At the same time, other aides allege that Rodriguez has been relegated to "deputy campaign manager" behind Maya Harris.

“From the outset of this race, he has had all the responsibility with none of the authority," a senior campaign official told Politico. "He’s been managing this race with at least one, if not two, hands tied behind his back."

The Harris campaign did not respond to an SFGate request for comment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfgate.com/local-politics/amp/Kamala-Harris-campaign-aides-strife-dysfunction-14840141.php

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #968 on: November 17, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »
Kenyan Woman Featured on Pete Buttigieg’s Website for Frederick Douglass Plan for Black America

A Kenyan woman whose image appeared along with a child on Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg’s website for his plan for empowerment in black America has spoken out.

Ryan Grim, bureau chief for The Intercept, says the woman reached out to him after he wrote an article about issues with Buttigieg’s plan, which is called the Douglass Plan for Black America, after the abolitionist Frederick Douglass.

Grim tweeted that the public relations firm tasked with creating Buttigieg’s campaign material had simply taken a stock photo without checking the origin of the subject.

“On top of everything else, the Buttigieg campaign used a stock photo from Kenya to promote its Frederick Douglass Plan for Black America,” Grim wrote on Twitter, adding, “The woman in the photo reached out to me very confused.” Grim alleged in an article in the Intercept that Buttigieg is conflating the names of prominent black Americans who support his plan, but not his presidential bid.

A spokesman for the Buttigieg campaign emailed The Daily Beast on Sunday to say that the page on the candidate website has since been removed.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kenyan-woman-featured-in-pete-buttigieg-ad-for-frederick-douglass-plan-for-black-america

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #969 on: November 17, 2019, 07:48:07 PM »
Has Al Franken joined the Democrat Party race yet?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #970 on: November 18, 2019, 03:49:09 AM »
Has Al Franken joined the Democrat Party race yet?

He's in line just beyond the door.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #971 on: November 18, 2019, 01:16:11 PM »

Pocahontas & ButtPlug 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #972 on: November 18, 2019, 01:33:28 PM »
He's in line just beyond the door.

Is that Anderson Cooper in a red wig?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #973 on: November 18, 2019, 06:32:05 PM »
lol

Dem Voter: When I Hear Warren Talk, ‘I Want to Slap Her’

Elizabeth Warren Getty Images
Andrew Kugle - NOVEMBER 18, 2019

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) should keep her distance from Democratic voter Janice Williamson.

"When I hear her talk, I want to slap her, even if I agree with her," Williamson, a Massachusetts resident, told FiveThirtyEight.

Williamson was attending a campaign event for South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg when FiveThirtyEight asked her about several 2020 Democratic candidates. She expressed interest in Buttigieg because she considers him electable.

Buttigieg has surged to first place in Iowa according to a new Des Moines Register/CNN poll. He leads the pack by 9 points while Warren, Biden, and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) are in a close battle for second. Despite his lead in Iowa, Buttigieg is in fourth place nationally, according to the RealClearPolitics polling average.

Despite Williamson's hostility, Warren currently leads in Massachusetts.

Williamson also said she liked former vice president Joe Biden but felt he was too old to be president.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-voter-when-i-hear-warren-talk-i-want-to-slap-her/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #974 on: November 18, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »
lol

Dem Voter: When I Hear Warren Talk, ‘I Want to Slap Her’

Elizabeth Warren Getty Images
Andrew Kugle - NOVEMBER 18, 2019

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) should keep her distance from Democratic voter Janice Williamson.

"When I hear her talk, I want to slap her, even if I agree with her," Williamson, a Massachusetts resident, told FiveThirtyEight.

Williamson was attending a campaign event for South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg when FiveThirtyEight asked her about several 2020 Democratic candidates. She expressed interest in Buttigieg because she considers him electable.

Buttigieg has surged to first place in Iowa according to a new Des Moines Register/CNN poll. He leads the pack by 9 points while Warren, Biden, and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) are in a close battle for second. Despite his lead in Iowa, Buttigieg is in fourth place nationally, according to the RealClearPolitics polling average.

Despite Williamson's hostility, Warren currently leads in Massachusetts.

Williamson also said she liked former vice president Joe Biden but felt he was too old to be president.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-voter-when-i-hear-warren-talk-i-want-to-slap-her/

I don't feel like slapping people I don't like or like what they say. Having said that, Warren is not my candidate of choice. Something about her just rubs me wrong.