Poll

Whom will God choose?

Man of Steel
Wiggs
Vince Goodrum
Josh Rehaluk
God does not exist

Author Topic: Man of Steel vs. Wiggs. Which side are you on? (God's vote included)  (Read 38871 times)

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
Re: Man of Steel vs. Wiggs. Which side are you on? (God's vote included)
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2016, 02:18:02 PM »
Not a Christian then...explained that already.

My post history is completely open and available to be dug through....it's that way with definite purpose.
So your self conscious demonstration of your new found "Christianity" justifies you allowing your disgusting words to remain, forever insulting that woman and her family? Did TA have her permission to post that pic? Would you want your daughter's picture on the internet, labeled a "whore"? You have much to learn about class.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »
It's real simple.  If you desire to know Christ you abide by scripture and God's terms therein.  Knowing God personally means having a relationship and that requires faith.  It's ultimate form of proactively following all the evidence to it's logical end.

I don't see how this addresses my point.  You're saying "you can't dismiss it unless you first want it to be true and behave accordingly."  However, you also dismiss other religions, simply taking the word of scholars that they're no good.  You tell your opponents their method is invalid, but you use it yourself, nonetheless.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2016, 02:39:59 PM »
I don't see how this addresses my point.  You're saying "you can't dismiss it unless you first want it to be true and behave accordingly."  However, you also dismiss other religions, simply taking the word of scholars that they're no good.  You tell your opponents their method is invalid, but you use it yourself, nonetheless.

When it comes to Christian theology you have a primary consensus in scholarship and then you have more of your fringe scholars (your Ehrmans and Carriers).  I don't trust in their evaluation of Jesus Christ because of based in some ignorance and definite anti-Christ sentimentality.

Other religions that are directly or indirectly anti-Christ are demonic in nature....that's their source.  You won't understand or agree with idea, but it's truth nonetheless.

You have no idea the time I've put into reading and writing and listening and comparing and understanding various religions.  Still, I can't address all of scholarship, but I can say with confidence that once you've experienced the real, tangible presence of the Holy Spirit....well.....every thing else seems sorta trivial.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2016, 02:42:15 PM »
So your self conscious demonstration of your new found "Christianity" justifies you allowing your disgusting words to remain, forever insulting that woman and her family? Did TA have her permission to post that pic? Would you want your daughter's picture on the internet, labeled a "whore"? You have much to learn about class.

Sure, whatever you say....didn't actually read this.

Simple Simon

« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2016, 02:42:40 PM »
When it comes to Christian theology you have a primary consensus in scholarship and then you have more of your fringe scholars (your Ehrmans and Carriers).  I don't trust in their evaluation of Jesus Christ because of based in some ignorance and definite anti-Christ sentimentality.

Other religions that are directly or indirectly anti-Christ are demonic in nature....that's their source.  You won't understand or agree with idea, but it's truth nonetheless.

You have no idea the time I've put into reading and writing and listening and comparing and understanding various religions.  Still, I can't address all of scholarship, but I can say with confidence that once you've experienced the real, tangible presence of the Holy Spirit....well.....every thing else seems sorta trivial.
thats what Islam says.... ;)

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2016, 02:46:32 PM »
Sure, whatever you say....didn't actually read this.
You're a liar.

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »
You're wasting your time arguing with the bullshit artist "mos". He's not a legit Christian.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #282 on: October 03, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »
Yes, according to the world the glory is found within the continuous search for truth and never settling.

I find the truth in Christ and I'm therefore less open to things and basically lacking according to the world?

Sounds good to me!!

Folks are intimidated by believers in Christ that won't relent.....they simply don't understand how someone can be completely convinced so they rest on "he's a nutjob" or "he's delusional" or "he's a moron". 

In the same way followers of other faiths and gods are nutjobs to you.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2016, 02:56:49 PM »
You have no idea the time I've put into reading and writing and listening and comparing and understanding various religions.

How much time have you spent on them, in comparison to the amount of time you've spent studying Christianity?  And how much of that time was spent looking for ammunition against them?

Simple Simon

« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2016, 02:57:39 PM »
You're wasting your time arguing with the bullshit artist "mos". He's not a legit Christian.
Oh i think he is, christians are the fucking worst, they act like twats all week then go to church on Sunday so they get forgiven, its a clean slate to be a shitbag for the next week.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #285 on: October 03, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »

Apart from religion in general being complete nonsense...
Any religion saying other religions are demonic can not be the right one.
©

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #286 on: October 03, 2016, 03:04:30 PM »
I'd be interested in seeing any Hopi indian or Islamic prophecy that has been fulfilled.

There isn't a single recognized supernatural event by science. They have all been dismissed as hoaxes or unreliable testimony. For a god that is supposed to be self evident and does countless works in people's lives, that is the irony of ironies, better than alien UFO visitations and anal probing.

Simple Simon

« Reply #287 on: October 03, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »
Apart from religion in general being complete nonsense...
Any religion saying other religions are demonic can not be the right one.

Thats a good point

Live and let live, right?

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #288 on: October 03, 2016, 03:19:21 PM »
Thats a good point

Live and let live, right?

Exactly.
©

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: October 03, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »
To the man that PM'd me just recently and we quickly exchanged a little back and forth.

I'm not convinced you're what you claimed to be.   In fact, I believe you're a gimmick trying to get me to say something inappropriate.

Sorry, not going to work, but have a good one.

FYI, this has nothing to do with existing participants in this thread.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #290 on: October 03, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »

Class is in session. What is it you wish to learn?  Or would you rather be taught a lesson? 

Oh i think he is, christians are the fucking worst, they act like twats all week then go to church on Sunday so they get forgiven, its a clean slate to be a shitbag for the next week.

How cute. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: October 03, 2016, 06:59:53 PM »
There isn't a single recognized supernatural event by science. They have all been dismissed as hoaxes or unreliable testimony. For a god that is supposed to be self evident and does countless works in people's lives, that is the irony of ironies, better than alien UFO visitations and anal probing.

Science is knowledge of the the natural not the supernatural.  It dismisses that which it cannot reason within the natural. 

God transcends the natural world so in order to interact with him you must come to him on his terms as outlined in scripture.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »
How much time have you spent on them, in comparison to the amount of time you've spent studying Christianity?  And how much of that time was spent looking for ammunition against them?

It doesn't take a degree in theology to know the Christ and His Word.  The Pharisees made this mistake when (and I paraphrase) they said, "Who is this carpenter's son to tell us of the Scriptures and we being learned men?"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: October 03, 2016, 07:01:54 PM »

Islam is essentially the Bizzaro-world version of Christianity.  Of course there a similarities because it attempts to mirror Christianity yet in a perverted reverse fashion....it is anti-Christianity....it is therefore demonic.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: October 03, 2016, 07:07:39 PM »

What you're suggesting aligns more with Catholicism. RCs visit their local parish weekly for confession, absolution, eucharist, prayer and mass.

Christians gather on Sunday for worship and fellowship....it's quite different.  They also gather almost every other day of the week as well. 

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #295 on: October 03, 2016, 07:09:50 PM »
Islam is essentially the Bizzaro-world version of Christianity.  Of course there a similarities because it attempts to mirror Christianity yet in a perverted reverse fashion....it is anti-Christianity....it is therefore demonic.

Everything not christian is evil LOL
Gimme a break.
©

jk2016

• Getbig II
« Reply #296 on: October 03, 2016, 07:11:27 PM »
Exactly.

you should read osho sometimes

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #297 on: October 03, 2016, 07:13:12 PM »
you should read osho sometimes

Infact I already did.
©

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: October 03, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »
How much time have you spent on them, in comparison to the amount of time you've spent studying Christianity?  And how much of that time was spent looking for ammunition against them?

I don't keep a journal....years now.  I read, watch, study, write, etc....sometimes to learn about other faiths and sometimes in response to objections of competing religious belief systems as it opposes Jesus Christ. 

I was blessed to be drawn by God unto himself and I in turn responded and now know God undeniably.  I've experience special revelations of God on multiple occasions (trust me I know that's meaningless to you and will be mocked...don't care).  Everything else pales in comparison.  I no longer need to spend time a lot of time validating or invalidating other faith systems because I know the reality of the one and only God.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: October 03, 2016, 07:17:19 PM »
Everything not christian is evil LOL
Gimme a break.

No, I said everything anti-Christ....there's a difference.