Poll

Whom will God choose?

Man of Steel
Wiggs
Vince Goodrum
Josh Rehaluk
God does not exist

Author Topic: Man of Steel vs. Wiggs. Which side are you on? (God's vote included)  (Read 38921 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Man of Steel vs. Wiggs. Which side are you on? (God's vote included)
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2016, 01:33:34 PM »
Really? I find him to be glib, whining, and self centered. When confronted with the people brutally treated, he says he's with Christ now, and that precludes him from having to mend fences. The Gospels, however, say otherwise.

As I noted yesterday:

Unfortunately the board is too anonymous for that, but those that have been here I have and those folks not online in my life I've also spoken to.

Just to give you a heads up.   I've done this particular dance dozens of times.  I'm completely comfortable in these discussions because they bring glory to God.  

As if I've stated already the truth is a wonderful place to exist.

It's simply impossible for me to either remember all of my wrongdoings or find each individual wronged and make amends.

And because I can't doesn't negate a thing about the man Christ has made me today.   Simply put, if I both recall all my wrongdoings and had the ability to make amends I'd have no issue with doing so.

You're simply reaching for anything to discredit me and prove I'm a phony, hypocritical Christian.  That's what most do today anyhow...they nitpick posts, generate angles, make stuff up....whatever to make their argument stick.   I don't prefer it, but it's par for the course for me.

I'm guessing you're a young guy....college age/mid 20s perhaps.  Reason being is most folks that age that object to the God/religion/Christians/etc. often take this approach. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2016, 01:38:35 PM »
Not sure what patience is required when a response is a simple, "ok".

When you exist in my shoes and tolerate the characters I do you live in world of double edge swords....too little written isn't sufficient and too much written isn't read (the infamous "wall of text"....td;dr).   I try and strike a healthy middle now and I have a ton of my written material to draw from.

These types of situations are like practice for me, but sometimes I need a break from the practice as well as the real deal.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2016, 01:40:45 PM »
Really? I find him to be glib, whining, and self centered. When confronted with the people brutally treated, he says he's with Christ now, and that precludes him from having to mend fences. The Gospels, however, say otherwise.

What's the problem?
He just lives in a fantasy world of his own.
Let him be.
©

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2016, 01:41:18 PM »
When you exist in my shoes and tolerate the characters I do you live in world of double edge swords....too little written isn't sufficient and too much written isn't read (the infamous "wall of text"....td;dr).   I try and strike a healthy middle now and I have a ton of my written material to draw from.

My premise was that I read what you stated and while I may disagree as to whether it is proof or not, I don't feel we need to continue the line of questioning.

You have your faith, I do not belittle or demean you for it.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2016, 01:42:40 PM »
Christianity has proof of Jesus Christ life and works, his resurrection and the fulfillment of prophecy.  All other religions have nothing close to this or nothing at all.

Really, how much have you looked into the matter?  Buddhism, Hinduisim, etc. must have taken ages to give them all the same consideration you ask for Christianity.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2016, 01:46:34 PM »
Both are fine upstanding getbigges

Altojgh both is alittle nuts with the jesus and flat earth stuff

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
Christianity has proof of Jesus Christ life and works, his resurrection and the fulfillment of prophecy.  All other religions have nothing close to this or nothing at all.

Bullshit.
The Hopi for example have fulfilled and future prophecies exceeding the christian ones by a huge margin.
The Quran also contains a lot of fulfilled prophecies.
The list goes on...

Get your facts straight.
©

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
Both are fine upstanding getbigges

Altojgh both is alittle nuts with the jesus and flat earth stuff

Man of Wiggs doesn't believe in Flat Earth though, he is more into a Fluffy Earth.

It's Wiggs of Steel that is into Flat Hebrews and stuff.
Q

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »
Man of Wiggs doesn't believe in Flat Earth though, he is more into a Fluffy Earth.

It's Wiggs of Steel that is into Flat Hebrews and stuff.

LOL!
©

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2016, 01:50:02 PM »
Bullshit.
The Hopi for example have fulfilled and future prophecies exceeding the christian ones by a huge margin.
The Quran also contains a lot of fulfilled prophecies.
The list goes on...

Get your facts straight.

I'd be interested in seeing any Hopi indian or Islamic prophecy that has been fulfilled.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »
I'm gonna need to see both competitors peeled before rendering a verdict.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »
Really, how much have you looked into the matter?  Buddhism, Hinduisim, etc. must have taken ages to give them all the same consideration you ask for Christianity.

I trust in the scholarship of genuine experts.   They've done the legwork for all of us.  I've never claimed originality and complete bottoms up research in everything I post.   Sure some is genuine.   I've had folks demand bibliographies of my sources LOL...ridiculous demands they don't give a flip about in actuality.  They don't fully read my posts let alone source material which is far more exhaustive.

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »
I'd be interested in seeing any Hopi indian or Islamic prophecy that has been fulfilled.

Google will help you out.
Here's the link -> https://www.google.com
©

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2016, 02:02:49 PM »
As I noted yesterday:

It's simply impossible for me to either remember all of my wrongdoings or find each individual wronged and make amends.

And because I can't doesn't negate a thing about the man Christ has made me today.   Simply put, if I both recall all my wrongdoings and had the ability to make amends I'd have no issue with doing so.

You're simply reaching for anything to discredit me and prove I'm a phony, hypocritical Christian.  That's what most do today anyhow...they nitpick posts, generate angles, make stuff up....whatever to make their argument stick.   I don't prefer it, but it's par for the course for me.

I'm guessing you're a young guy....college age/mid 20s perhaps.  Reason being is most folks that age that object to the God/religion/Christians/etc. often take this approach. 
If you've got time to play games on muscle forums then you've got time to make up for your wrongdoings.
In terms of my age and profile you're way off. I was already a a church going Christian decades before you opened a Bible. And you don't strike me as sincere.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2016, 02:03:01 PM »
I trust in the scholarship of genuine experts.   They've done the legwork for all of us.  I've never claimed originality and complete bottoms up research in everything I post.   Sure some is genuine.   I've had folks demand bibliographies of my sources LOL...ridiculous demands they don't give a flip about in actuality.  They don't fully read my posts let alone source material which is far more exhaustive.

But when others dismiss Christianity, possibly in large part because of "the scholarship of genuine experts" who do the same (and there are many, as you know), you say they need to practice the religion first ("have a personal relationship with Christ").  Seems like you're doing the same thing?

Simple Simon

« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2016, 02:04:30 PM »

Exhaustive?
thats an odd word to choose for something that you base your whole life philosophy around
I would have thought the word "enjoyable" would have been better suited

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2016, 02:06:59 PM »
Exhaustive?
thats an odd word to choose for something that you base your whole life philosophy around
I would have thought the word "enjoyable" would have been better suited

Exhaustive in this context refers to completeness of the research.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2016, 02:08:19 PM »
But when others dismiss Christianity, possibly in large part because of "the scholarship of genuine experts" who do the same (and there are many, as you know), you say they need to practice the religion first ("have a personal relationship with Christ").  Seems like you're doing the same thing?

It's real simple.  If you desire to know Christ you abide by scripture and God's terms therein.  Knowing God personally means having a relationship and that requires faith.  It's ultimate form of proactively following all the evidence to it's logical end.

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2016, 02:09:26 PM »
It's real simple.  If you desire to know Christ you abide by scripture and God's terms therein.  Knowing God personally means having a relationship and that requires faith.  It's ultimate form of proactively following all the evidence to it's logical end.

Christianity defies all logic though.
©

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2016, 02:10:33 PM »
If you've got time to play games on muscle forums then you've got time to make up for your wrongdoings.
In terms of my age and profile you're way off. I was already a a church going Christian decades before you opened a Bible. And you don't strike me as sincere.

That's interesting.  Given how juvenile your tactics are I assumed a kiddo begin an account named RatedXXX.

RatedXXX

• Getbig III
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
That's interesting.  Given how juvenile your tactics are I assumed a kiddo begin an account named RatedXXX.
Read over some of your texts. Like where you call somebody's daughter a "whore". You fail to impress.

Simple Simon

« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2016, 02:13:26 PM »
Exhaustive in this context refers to completeness of the research.
so someone finds it exhausting then, is that a believer or a none believer?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2016, 02:13:30 PM »
Read over some of your texts. Like where you call somebody's daughter a "whore". You fail to impress.

Not a Christian then...explained that already.

My post history is completely open and available to be dug through....it's that way with definite purpose.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »
so someone finds it exhausting then, is that a believer or a none believer?

You're not understanding...it relates to thoroughness in research efforts not a state of fatigue or lack of enjoyment.

Simple Simon

« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »
You're not understanding...it relates to thoroughness in research efforts not a state of fatigue or lack of enjoyment.

ya think....