Author Topic: Hurt myself today, military press  (Read 11369 times)

Ledd

• Getbig III
Hurt myself today, military press
« on: April 06, 2006, 06:33:41 AM »
Hey guys I posted this in here because it seems like hardly anyone visits the "Injury and Rehabilitation" forum.  I was doing behind the neck military press this morning and I was using a weight with which I should have gotten 8 or 9 reps.  The second rep halfway up I felt/heard this squish or maybe even tearing sensation and I got a pain down the right side of my neck.  I put the weight up immediately and when I stood up my neck began hurting from the top right all the way down to where my right trap meets my shoulder.  I cant keep my normal posture, my right shoulder is sagging compared to my left and I cant turn my head more than a quarter turn in either direction.  I have scheduled a doc appointment but I'm looking for some of your opinions as well as I wait in pain to see him. 

Thanks y'all.

absent

Re: Hurt myself today, military press
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:45:48 AM »
You strained your traps, good work.
Should serve as a lesson to not do BNP.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 07:36:22 AM »
Hey guys I posted this in here because it seems like hardly anyone visits the "Injury and Rehabilitation" forum.  I was doing behind the neck military press this morning and I was using a weight with which I should have gotten 8 or 9 reps.  The second rep halfway up I felt/heard this squish or maybe even tearing sensation and I got a pain down the right side of my neck.  I put the weight up immediately and when I stood up my neck began hurting from the top right all the way down to where my right trap meets my shoulder.  I cant keep my normal posture, my right shoulder is sagging compared to my left and I cant turn my head more than a quarter turn in either direction.  I have scheduled a doc appointment but I'm looking for some of your opinions as well as I wait in pain to see him. 

Thanks y'all.

BNP is the most unnatural movement that some bodybuilders do... fucks your shoulders,traps and elbows all up... IMO its the most worthless exercise you can do when you can get the same results with other routines
Giving 110%

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:19:24 AM »
You strained your traps, good work.
Should serve as a lesson to not do BNP.

No he didn't strain a trap you idiot. He is getting muscle spasms in his upper spine if he can't turn his head and his posture is fucked up. He should go see his chiropractor and get adjusted. Ice it down for now.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 08:27:20 AM »

Won't be any fun driving for a few days or trying to sit up when you get out of bed in the morning. Your getting muscle spasms in your upper back/neck area. Ice it down and take some over the counter anti inflammatories. Best thing to do is see a good chiropractor. Heed some advice. These injuries tend to reocurr. Forget a regular MD. See a Chiropractor. When doing BNP, squats, rows. Always look straight ahead. Never turn your head or contort as you do a rep.

absent

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 08:32:17 AM »
No he didn't strain a trap you idiot. He is getting muscle spasms in his upper spine if he can't turn his head and his posture is fucked up.

And that's exactly what happens when you strain your trapezius. Ever strained your trapezius? Shut up.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 08:34:16 AM »
And that's exactly what happens when you strain your trapezius. Ever strained your trapezius? Shut up.

Its in the cervical part of his spine. Not his trapezius muscles as you state. They are two totally different things

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 08:35:37 AM »
May have strained or have a pinched nerve  along the neck area. The PBN (Press Behind Neck) is not for everyone, as the BP is not for everyone. Main problems with the PBN is that most people do not have enought flexability in the shoulder girdle at first, lower the bar too low, grip too wide or rush the weight on the bar too soon. I would guess that the main cause of trouble with the PBN would be improper warm-ups & stretches (for flexability) before doing the exercise. No matter, if that exercise keeps giving you trouble than try other delt movements.

If you seek a doctor attention he/she will probably either advise heat or cold packs, or both. Rest will also be suggested. Anti inflammation drugs, if the pain is severe, may also be advised. If it's really serious than a shot will be given. If it's an average, not too serious injury than the discomfort should go away with-in a week, if rest is given the area. Might also consider deep tissue  massages, from time to time, after the injury has healed.

The PBN can be a prime muscle mass shoulder builder and has been for a lot of guy's over the years. 200-250 is usually the weight used for most experienced guy's, without any problems. But if it's not for you, than it's not for you. Lot of guy's just can't do regular mailiary press either without some troubles developing. . Good Luck.

absent

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 08:40:36 AM »
Its in the cervical part of his spine. Not his trapezius muscles as you state. They are two totally different things

You have a reading comprehension problem. From the symptoms he described, and without seeing him in person, he strained his trapezius, thus being unable to turn the head into a certain direction + sagging shoulder.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 08:42:15 AM »
You have a reading comprehension problem. From the symptoms he described, and without seeing him in person, he strained his trapezius, thus being unable to turn the head into a certain direction + sagging shoulder.

Admit it. you don't have a fucking clue what he did. ::)

absent

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 08:44:05 AM »
Actually it could possibly be his sternocleidomastoideus.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 09:57:26 AM »
Whatever it might been, I wish you luck.

Neck injuries suck,
you can't turn your head decently around, you have to move your body, and when you see a nice chick, you have to make a quick and hard decision,
was she beatiful enough to check her out and feel the pain, or do I keep watching straight forwards ;D

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 10:13:18 AM »

BNP is the most unnatural movement that some bodybuilders do... fucks your shoulders,traps and elbows all up... IMO its the most worthless exercise you can do when you can get the same results with other routines

I would agree, thats why I stick to DB's

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 11:41:16 AM »
Well, it's a pinched nerve and I strained my trap.  They said use the R.I.C.E. method (Rest,Ice,compression,Elevation) ice for the first 24hours and then heat after that.  Man this sucks!  I look like a gimp by the way I walk, and I have to turn my whole body to see what I cant see in my periphial vision.  I tried to run in the parking lot at the hospital cause its raining...man that would have been amusing to see (had I not been the victim) Dammit, I love military press so much but the doc said no more. 

absent

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 12:15:44 PM »
Looks I was right. Say what now bmacsys?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 01:15:41 PM »
Looks I was right. Say what now bmacsys?

Its not his traps that are killing him and keeping him from being able to turn his head and having his posture effected. Its muscles spasms that that are caused by muscle overcompensation due to an injury to his spine in his neck that are impinging on a nerve. This can cause extreme pain till the injury settles down and swelling recedes. Then there will still be discomfort though not nearly as extreme. Once you get a pinched nerve its there for life if you keep lifting heavy. It will be fine then it will flare up. It can flare up holding a steering wheel. Having  a strong dog pulling on a leash, sitting in front of a computer. Bad posture doesn't help.Be thankful its in the cervical and not lumbar region of your back.

absent

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 01:16:43 PM »
Meltdown.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 01:21:18 PM »
Well, it's a pinched nerve and I strained my trap.  They said use the R.I.C.E. method (Rest,Ice,compression,Elevation) ice for the first 24hours and then heat after that.  Man this sucks!  I look like a gimp by the way I walk, and I have to turn my whole body to see what I cant see in my periphial vision.  I tried to run in the parking lot at the hospital cause its raining...man that would have been amusing to see (had I not been the victim) Dammit, I love military press so much but the doc said no more. 

Told you earlier it would be fun driving. Getting out of bed your going to have to roll out instead of sitting up. If you look in the mirror with no shirt on you probably are shaped like an "s". Anytime you have to look behind you it will mean turning your entire body around. One thing you will find is that working out will make you feel MUCH better. Just quit doing behind neck presses. I have trouble with my lower and upper back. I had to give up deadlifting and squatting.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 05:48:23 AM »
Meltdown.

Wow, thats a real original. ::)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 07:09:33 AM »

Thanks y'all.

take some asprin for the inflamation..my gues is that its your semocleidomastoid ya strained.the coratid artery runs right beneath that so that might have been the squish ya heard..NEVER EVER move your neck around during presses..always look straight forward..

The sternocleidomastoid muscle extends from the clavicle and the sternum to the mastoid region of the skull

carpe` vaginum!

absent

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 07:10:11 AM »
take some asprin for the inflamation..my gues is that its your temocleidomastoid ya strained.the coratid artery runs right beneath that so that might have been the squish ya heard..NEVER EVER move your neck around during presses..always look straight forward..
The sternocleidomastoid muscle extends from the clavicle and the sternum to the mastoid region of the skull

Ya can't read ya fukking paki scum.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 07:13:06 AM »
Actually it could possibly be his sternocleidomastoideus.

and that helps him how...  ???   plus why would i bother reading your posts?  :-\

i scroll then looking at avatars and only read the folks i deem plasuable...
carpe` vaginum!

absent

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 08:08:24 AM »
and that helps him how...  ???   plus why would i bother reading your posts?  :-\

i scroll then looking at avatars and only read the folks i deem plasuable...

Because I predicted that he had strained his trapezius, which he had after he posted what the doc had diagnosed on him. Retard.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 08:18:14 AM »
Because I predicted that he had strained his trapezius, which he had after he posted what the doc had diagnosed on him. Retard.

a trap strain does NOt hinder neck movement to an appreciable enough degree to keep him from turning his head...

::)  go away..and while you r at it..take some biomechanix classes...

i'm seeing clearly why your girl fucked someone else...needle dick  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

absent

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 08:20:42 AM »
a trap strain does NOt hinder neck movement to an appreciable enough degree to keep him from turning his head...

::)  go away..and while you r at it..take some biomechanix classes...

i'm seeing clearly why your girl fucked someone else...needle dick  ;D

How fucking stupid can you be? Do I need to draw it for you?