Author Topic: Blue Stars and DOMS.  (Read 119680 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Blue Stars and DOMS.
« Reply #375 on: April 23, 2017, 05:10:45 AM »
Oh boy, when SF1900 reads this...  :D

;D ;D
I will send Mr. Basile a message about Manly Beach.
X

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: April 23, 2017, 05:17:46 AM »
^^^ damn fattie

you keep posting up my worst pics but that ok I'll post up my best pics here in a few

p.s. I have a my better physique than you Mr Fat Turd  :-*

ok "flex"
T

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »
there you go fattiecakes

and these aren't even me in peak condidtion lol

DJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fattoadmac

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #378 on: April 23, 2017, 06:00:04 AM »
How many sets reps exercises?

And do you agree with A Jones statement that a muscle will not get bigger til it gets stronger?

And speaking of AJ go to his website aarthurjonesexercise. com  and  check his article "and the facts are"

This article details his own arm experiment were he put 1 full inch on EACH ARM IN UNDER 2 WEEKS

I will discuss sets and reps later.

Arthur Jones was convinced 'intensity' was the major factor in getting bigger and stronger. I believe he was mistaken which is a shame.

For example, weight lifters get stronger without getting bigger. What does getting stronger mean? If you can do 10 reps with 225 in the

bench press but never lift more weight than that amount then several months later you could do 15 reps with the same weight are you

stronger? No doubt you would be able to do more for a single. But if you never attempted anything over 225 would you be stronger?

Arthur, in his 'facts' states that you cannot have both high intensity and volume at the same time. I disagree. All you have to do is

many sets and end each of them with a maximum effort = high intensity. That, in a nutshell, is the formula for hypertrophy.

I doubt many people can put an inch on their arms in two weeks if they start at 17 1/2 inches. May well be possible if you started

with arms below 16 inches. 1 inch in a month is rapid growth for bodybuilders and few ever experience such growth.

Bodybuilders always want to know how many sets and reps to do and what exercises to perform.

Here is my guide for protocols. Select one exercise for biceps and one for triceps that you know are safe and effective. This isn't

always easy to know. Some exercises are effective for a while then you stop growing when using them. You have to find something

else to do. Look at the guy doing the lying triceps extensions. Note that his arms are fixed on the pads and his arms are besides his head.

That means the triceps is in an already stretched position which puts some mechanical tension on the muscle. If the user avoids letting

his elbows move outward then a very intense triceps workout can be done.

You warm up doing maximum sets with each progressively heavier weight. Say 40 reps then 30 then 20 and finally 15. It is a good idea

to start with a resistance that allows only 15 reps. You superset biceps and triceps then wait a couple of minutes before the next superset.

You will find by the 3rd superset that reps are down to about 10-12. This is a natural thing related to the build up of waste products in the

muscle. Remember, you are going to the limit and stop only when no further reps are possible in every set. You keep doing these maximum

sets for 5 or 6 supersets. You don't reduce the weight. You rest up to 3 minutes after each superset. When you have competed this workout

that is all you do for the day. Nothing more. No reduction and more sets.  Why is this? Well, the theory is that big muscles are capable of

doing lots of reps with a reasonably heavy resistance. So this is exactly what you do in your training.

How do you know if you have done enough that day? You don't. Although if carried out to the limit for all those sets your muscles should

be pumped, you will be shaking, sweating and quite taxed by the effort. You literally don't feel like doing anything more.

The next morning your arms should be 1/10 inch larger and they should be quite sore. Some of that size gain is inflammation but don't

worry about that. The goal is to always see how much bigger you can both pump your arms and measure them the next day.

You rest for two full days and don't do any training for the upper body. On the third day you will still have some soreness in the arms.

So warmup thoroughly again. At first you won't feel very strong. By the time you reach your maximum resistance for the many same weight

sets your strength will have returned. If you keep training like this for a couple of weeks you will gain 1/10 of an inch each time. If you don't

generate DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) after any workout you have to reassess what you are doing and go to the gym the next day

and try something different. At all costs you have to avoid a full recovery so that the repeated bout effect appears. Once that sets in you

then have to come up with something extra-ordinary to trigger the DOMS state.

I am a professional in my field and yet people online expect free advice. Well, I am a gym owner who never does personal training for profit.

I help those gym members I choose to help.

You have to admire the moderators on Getbig who allow all manner of garbage being posted in a thread involving hypertrophy and training.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: April 23, 2017, 06:22:28 AM »
there you go fattiecakes

do you have rickets or polio

epic bow legs due to nutrition deficiencies from living in a third world shit hole

funny how none of your best pics have your face in  ;)
T

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2017, 06:27:23 AM »
I am a professional in my field and yet people online expect free advice.

how much would I need to pay for advice to get a big beer belly like you?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2017, 07:10:04 AM »
how much would I need to pay for advice to get a big beer belly like you?

Here is what Arthur Jones wrote about innovators in any field.

Based upon the true history of science, together with my own many years of experience with such people, it appears to
me that supposed “experts” in any field react to innovations in a manner that can be predicted; such reactions appear to
be instinctive, to be stamped into their genes. The reactions of such supposed “experts” usually follow a five-step
process: ONE, having been exposed to an innovation in their field, they will initially ignore it, apparently hoping that
it will go away; TWO, but if it does not go away, then they will try to ridicule both the idea and the person who
introduced the idea; THREE, and next, if their ridicule does not stop the spread and acceptance of the new idea, then
they will violently attack it; FOUR, but if the recent discovery is actually true, they will eventually be forced to try to
copy it; FIVE, then, finally, following the established success of anything relatively new, they will suddenly “remember”
that it was their idea in the first place.
So the pattern of response is “ignore, ridicule, attack, copy, steal.”

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #382 on: April 23, 2017, 07:33:54 AM »

I thought you said that putting the elbow on the padding during triceps work wasn't a good idea..

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #383 on: April 23, 2017, 07:42:45 AM »
I thought you said that putting the elbow on the padding during triceps work wasn't a good idea..

Exactly. A pity your perception isn't as sharp as your wit. The towel is obscuring the position of the elbow on the right.

The one on the left of the photo is clearly beyond the pads.

The main thing is you have absorbed a good rule about protecting the elbows.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2017, 07:53:28 AM »
Exactly. A pity your perception isn't as sharp as your wit. The towel is obscuring the position of the elbow on the right.

The one on the left of the photo is clearly beyond the pads.

The main thing is you have absorbed a good rule about protecting the elbows.

Sure, blame 'The Towel' ::)

If the bold part was the case than a) the position of your body was different from the angle of the resistance or b) your left (well, right in your case) arm would be much longer.
Neither of them makes sense.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #385 on: April 23, 2017, 07:56:47 AM »
Mr. Basile,

How much would you charge for a 1-hour training session and a massage?
X

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #386 on: April 23, 2017, 08:57:23 AM »
I published my DOMS theory in a muscle magazine. Where is your theory? This is not a matter of opinion but theories.

Come on Vince - FFS Theory published in a muscle mag  ::)
I'm even surprised you would write such a daft thing.

Yes peer reviewed scientific theory / study in a muscle mag - Please.

And for your information I've written a few articles for magazines.

By your Reckoning then "Fortress" is a world renowned & leading expert 
on all thing training with the amount of articles / theories he has written
in magazines far beyond your good self.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #387 on: April 23, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »
Mr. Basile,

How much would you charge for a 1-hour training session and a massage?

With or without a happy ending?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #388 on: April 23, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »
Here is what Arthur Jones wrote about innovators in any field.

Based upon the true history of science, together with my own many years of experience with such people, it appears to
me that supposed “experts” in any field react to innovations in a manner that can be predicted; such reactions appear to
be instinctive, to be stamped into their genes. The reactions of such supposed “experts” usually follow a five-step
process: ONE, having been exposed to an innovation in their field, they will initially ignore it, apparently hoping that
it will go away; TWO, but if it does not go away, then they will try to ridicule both the idea and the person who
introduced the idea; THREE, and next, if their ridicule does not stop the spread and acceptance of the new idea, then
they will violently attack it; FOUR, but if the recent discovery is actually true, they will eventually be forced to try to
copy it; FIVE, then, finally, following the established success of anything relatively new, they will suddenly “remember”
that it was their idea in the first place.
So the pattern of response is “ignore, ridicule, attack, copy, steal.”

Rumor has it that Arthur shot and killed a man in Mexico in self defense, know anything about this?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #389 on: April 23, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »
Rumor has it that Arthur shot and killed a man in Mexico in self defense, know anything about this?

he also pistol whipped Roger callard for trying to sell narcotics to his son

and he told Arnold tto shut the fuck up as he was blabbering on in his car on tthe way from the airport where he picked him and spanko up and if he didn't shut his mouth he was gonna pull off the highway and beat his ass

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2017, 12:29:46 PM »

You have to admire the moderators on Getbig who allow all manner of garbage being posted in a thread involving hypertrophy and training.

The same thread that started by you crying for blue stars? You should be happy the focus has shifted to hypertrophy and training and not remained on your sniveling about the color of your stars. :-*

BTW, I agree with some aspects of your theory, but it lacks solid scientific evidence, all broscience and personal experience.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2017, 03:09:24 PM »
there you go fattiecakes

Right Said Fred called. They want their shirt back.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2017, 05:48:37 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Come on Vince - FFS Theory published in a muscle mag  ::)
I'm even surprised you would write such a daft thing.

Yes peer reviewed scientific theory / study in a muscle mag - Please.

And for your information I've written a few articles for magazines.

By your Reckoning then "Fortress" is a world renowned & leading expert  
on all thing training with the amount of articles / theories he has written
in magazines far beyond your good self.

Clever way to avoid publishing your theory on hypertrophy.

Makes me wonder who my peers on Getbig are.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2017, 05:53:31 PM »
The same thread that started by you crying for blue stars? You should be happy the focus has shifted to hypertrophy and training and not remained on your sniveling about the color of your stars. :-*

BTW, I agree with some aspects of your theory, but it lacks solid scientific evidence, all broscience and personal experience.

I never did perceive that you had much of a sense of humour. Good requirement for moderating a musclehead forum.

I could care less about the colour of my stars. Being a national champion and not having them gives me something so thanks, Ron, for that.

I don't expect scientists to give a shit about big muscles. So we are unlikely to see studies done that are relevant to

maximizing hypertrophy. What can we learn about a study done with novices that haven't done bodybuilding? Almost nothing.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2017, 06:49:23 PM »
We had a Nautilus triceps machine that I didn't consider very effective because the user was in a seated position.

I removed the back rest and used that for a long support for a knee. I also fabricated an adjustable foot pad for

the other leg. I moved the arm pads back 2 inches so that the elbows clear the pads. The apparatus resembles the lying extensions and avoids the pronated wrist position that might

lead to injury in the forearm. I often superset this movement for triceps with the biceps-supination machine.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »
I never did perceive that you had much of a sense of humour. Good requirement for moderating a musclehead forum.

I could care less about the colour of my stars. Being a national champion and not having them gives me something so thanks, Ron, for that.

I don't expect scientists to give a shit about big muscles. So we are unlikely to see studies done that are relevant to

maximizing hypertrophy. What can we learn about a study done with novices that haven't done bodybuilding? Almost nothing.

You're a bad judge of peoples character.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #396 on: April 23, 2017, 07:18:37 PM »
You're a bad judge of peoples character.

Finally, we have a dialogue!

Edgar Allen Poe said . . . “I have sometimes amused myself by endeavoring to fancy what would be the fate of any individual gifted,
or rather accursed, with an intelligence very far superior to that of his race. Of course, he would be conscious of his
superiority nor could he (if otherwise constituted as man is) help manifesting his consciousness. Thus he would make
himself enemies at all points. And since his opinions and speculations would likely differ from those of all mankind -
that he would be considered a madman, is evident. How horribly painful such a condition! Hell could invent no greater
torture than that of being charged with abnormal weakness on account of being abnormally strong.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #397 on: April 23, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »
Mr. Basile,

I think you look totally awesome lifting weights.

Your friend,

SF1900
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #398 on: April 23, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »
Mr. Basile,

Have you ever thought about starting a business where you take people on long walks along Manly beach?
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #399 on: April 23, 2017, 08:52:32 PM »