Author Topic: Has your body ever just said enough?  (Read 8184 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Has your body ever just said enough?
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »
well didnt you suggest a split allready what else you need  :D

Is that a good split? Last time I did it, I wound up looking like shit. >:( I got bigger, but I kind of looked puffy all the time. I was taking creatine, but nothing else. Never thought I would go back to a split considering I don't eat a whole lot, but I keep getting smaller.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 01:17:07 PM »
Is that a good split? Last time I did it, I wound up looking like shit. >:( I got bigger, but I kind of looked puffy all the time. I was taking creatine, but nothing else. Never thought I would go back to a split considering I don't eat a whole lot, but I keep getting smaller.

puffy was probably the creatine. how do you expect to gain weight if you dont eat a lot?
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 01:18:24 PM »
puffy was probably the creatine. how do you expect to gain weight if you dont eat a lot?

Well, I can't force feed myself. I did buy three containers of Musclemilk though. It's pretty good.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
Well, I can't force feed myself. I did buy three containers of Musclemilk though. It's pretty good.

you dont have to. but say youre on 3000 caloriers today to maintain your weight. you need to up that to 3500 to pack on muscle
but if you stay at 3000 every day week after week (or whatever it is that is your maintanance weight) not a lot is gonna happen no matter your workout split...

Z

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 01:24:42 PM »
Back off the drinking and cut ur cardio. From what ive gathered from previous posts and this thread, u drink 6 nights a week 8-12 drinks a night cardio 6 days a week and weights 4 days a week, ur working urself into the ground, somethings gonna give if you dont rest up.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »
you dont have to. but say youre on 3000 caloriers today to maintain your weight. you need to up that to 3500 to pack on muscle
but if you stay at 3000 every day week after week (or whatever it is that is your maintanance weight) not a lot is gonna happen no matter your workout split...

Yes, I know this. This is my diet. One Bagel for breakfast, plain. One Turkey sandwich for lunch, plain. Steak or prime rib plus a baked potato(plain) for dinner. I can count those calories, but I am not going to count my alcohol calories, thats no fun. Hence I added the Musclemilk, see :)
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »
Back off the drinking and cut ur cardio. From what ive gathered from previous posts and this thread, u drink 6 nights a week 8-12 drinks a night cardio 6 days a week and weights 4 days a week, ur working urself into the ground, somethings gonna give if you dont rest up.

Yes, I agree with that. I am not sure if I can stop drinking though, I am a creature of habit.
E

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 01:34:04 PM »
Drinking is a bitch, when thats what you're used to its hard not to go out and party. When you try and quit you realize how boring everything else is, hahahahaa. How about instead of quitting drinking you only do 3 nights week? That seems reasonable no?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 01:34:05 PM »
Yes, I know this. This is my diet. One Bagel for breakfast, plain. One Turkey sandwich for lunch, plain. Steak or prime rib plus a baked potato(plain) for dinner. I can count those calories, but I am not going to count my alcohol calories, thats no fun. Hence I added the Musclemilk, see :)

well as long as the total no of calories is enough you should be able to put on muscle weight. in general people eat too little though. and because of that their gains are small as well.

say one need to be at 3500 calories over 5 meals... that need to be 700 caloriers per meal... some might add a proteinshake with water, but thats not even half that.
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 01:35:38 PM »
Drinking is a bitch, when thats what you're used to its hard not to go out and party. When you try and quit you realize how boring everything else is, hahahahaa. How about instead of quitting drinking you only do 3 nights week? That seems reasonable no?

Yep, 3 nights a week sounds doable.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 01:36:15 PM »
well as long as the total no of calories is enough you should be able to put on muscle weight. in general people eat too little though. and because of that their gains are small as well.

say one need to be at 3500 calories over 5 meals... that need to be 700 caloriers per meal... some might add a proteinshake with water, but thats not even half that.

I don't count calories. I just need a good split.  :(
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2007, 01:40:14 PM »
you dont need to count it just make sure you eat enough

so howabout doing that split you suggested allready
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »
you dont need to count it just make sure you eat enough

so howabout doing that split you suggested allready

Yep, I think I will try that. Only thing I worry about is only hitting my BP's once a week. Also, training chest alone my make me even more disproportionate.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 01:59:12 PM »
if you feel chest doesnt need much training you could do it together with shoulder and do them first, this would give you either an extra rest day, or an extra day for arms
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 02:00:26 PM »
if you feel chest doesnt need much training you could do it together with shoulder and do them first, this would give you either an extra rest day, or an extra day for arms

I think I will reevaluate in a couple of weeks, see how this workout feels etc.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »
Six sets of barbell bench, six sets of DB incline, 6 sets of seated machine presses to failure. In and out in under a half hour.  Great pump, but I have a feeling my chest needs a lot more than this once a week. Should I add more volume?
E

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 04:48:02 PM »
I usually drink 5 or 6 nights a week and no problems. Maybe I am getting old. Cuz I sure as hell haven't been hitting the gym as hard as I did 5 years ago and I have been feeling weaker every time I workout. thanks.

maybe you being an alcoholic has something to do with your problems? just a thought.  ???

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »
Six sets of barbell bench, six sets of DB incline, 6 sets of seated machine presses to failure. In and out in under a half hour.  Great pump, but I have a feeling my chest needs a lot more than this once a week. Should I add more volume?

i think thats plenty for chest. i would probably put db incline first. might even wanna replace bb bench with db flat depending which one you feel the most. if youre unsure if it's enough why not finish your set with a few set of dips - max reps?

for variety you can change seated machine presses for flyes for example, otherwise it's all 3 pressing movements
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 10:38:54 PM »
i think thats plenty for chest. i would probably put db incline first. might even wanna replace bb bench with db flat depending which one you feel the most. if youre unsure if it's enough why not finish your set with a few set of dips - max reps?

for variety you can change seated machine presses for flyes for example, otherwise it's all 3 pressing movements

Yes, but only once a week? I am not sure. As far as dips go, I use them for tri's. Maybe I am fucking up, I do use a very close grip. What about the same routine and adding another workout somewhere in there once a week, switching it up between the 4? I had a great pump, especially with the seated bench, started out at 14 to failure, no rest, 12 to failure, no rest, 10 to failure etc. six sets total. I am just not sure hitting it once a week is enough.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 01:37:59 AM »
Yes, but only once a week? I am not sure. As far as dips go, I use them for tri's. Maybe I am fucking up, I do use a very close grip. What about the same routine and adding another workout somewhere in there once a week, switching it up between the 4? I had a great pump, especially with the seated bench, started out at 14 to failure, no rest, 12 to failure, no rest, 10 to failure etc. six sets total. I am just not sure hitting it once a week is enough.

i think once a week is enough. you could do it twice a week but then you would need a split between upper body and lower body. something like this

mon upper body
tue lower body
wed rest
thu upper body
fri lower body
sat rest
sun rest

i would do one of each low reps and one higher reps 12-15 reps and fewer sets and not going to failure.
Z

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 06:33:21 AM »
upper body three times a week?
the whole upper body?

do this danielson=
monday=chest, hamstrings
tuesday=biceps triceps
wednesday=shoulders, traps
thursday= back, abs
friday= quads, calves

having the weekends off should give you enough of a break every week to stay motivated.
and the "work week" mindset shouldhelp too.

i love to train...so i do that split, but i just repeat it after its finished; no breaks.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 06:47:12 AM »

you been on getbig for a long time...yet you cant write your own simple training split?

bluto has given you good suggestions.

a simple 4 day split will work.

legs
chest, biceps
rest
back,
shoulder,triceps
weekend rest

or
legs
chest, triceps
rest
back, biceps
shoulders, calves
weekend rest
or
legs
chest, shoulders
rest
back
arms
or
weekends off
legs
chest
rest
back,shoulders
arms
weekends off

etc etc...just fucking pick one and do it..wont matter that much which split you choose.
after 6 weeks or so..change the 4 split to another 4 split. that way you can put emphasis on different muscle groups for 6 week period.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2007, 06:52:18 AM »
upper body three times a week?
the whole upper body?

do this danielson=
monday=chest, hamstrings
tuesday=biceps triceps
wednesday=shoulders, traps
thursday= back, abs
friday= quads, calves

having the weekends off should give you enough of a break every week to stay motivated.
and the "work week" mindset shouldhelp too.

i love to train...so i do that split, but i just repeat it after its finished; no breaks.
I like that one, except I might work my whole legs on Friday, thanks. I did Chest yesterday, so I can pick right up today.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 06:55:55 AM »
you been on getbig for a long time...yet you cant write your own simple training split?

etc etc...just fucking pick one and do it..wont matter that much which split you choose.
after 6 weeks or so..change the 4 split to another 4 split. that way you can put emphasis on different muscle groups for 6 week period.

Yes I have been training for years, but I only used a split once. I have always trained my whole upper body or my legs, other than a 6 month period. I never thought I got enough calories to really destroy a bodypart. But I am going to try it now. Get some extra supps, try to get more rest(although last night I only slept an hour or so). I also might do a split for two weeks and go back to my way for two weeks, still up in the air on that one.
E

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2007, 07:02:05 AM »
Yes I have been training for years, but I only used a split once. I have always trained my whole upper body or my legs, other than a 6 month period. I never thought I got enough calories to really destroy a bodypart. But I am going to try it now. Get some extra supps, try to get more rest(although last night I only slept an hour or so). I also might do a split for two weeks and go back to my way for two weeks, still up in the air on that one.

lol enough calories to destroy a bodypart? doing a split workout doesnt increase your caloric need by a significant degree unless you star doing 100set workout for 5 hours.

to be honest, your body has had enough because you dont sleep enough + you drink almost daily...you already know what you have to do.

training your legs during one session and upperbody during another session is also a split workout. (upper/lower body split..or a 2 split).

i think you need to spend more time in the training forum and less in the XYZ forums.