Author Topic: Has your body ever just said enough?  (Read 8211 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Has your body ever just said enough?
« on: September 17, 2007, 11:22:42 AM »
I am going through a physical exhaustion right now. I think I may have been over training. Or at the very least not getting enough food and sleep to support my lifestyle. Any of you guys ever take time away from the gym? I wanted to go this morning, but although I was wide awake I did not feel like it at all. No hangover, just didn't want to go. Should I take the day off? Maybe 2 or 3 days?
E

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Has your body ever just said enough?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 11:25:19 AM »
I am going through a physical exhaustion right now. I think I may have been over training. Or at the very least not getting enough food and sleep to support my lifestyle. Any of you guys ever take time away from the gym? I wanted to go this morning, but although I was wide awake I did not feel like it at all. No hangover, just didn't want to go. Should I take the day off? Maybe 2 or 3 days?

take time off long enough that you feel the NEED to go back then you're ready. Usually when I get run down, it just means I need to back off a little bit and eat more because i'm working harder than my body can't recover and eventually gas. Take a break bro.. 2-3 days. A week if needed. If it's not fun or you don't look forward to it, why the hell would you want to go anyway? Burnout happens...

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »

take time off long enough that you feel the NEED to go back then you're ready. Usually when I get run down, it just means I need to back off a little bit and eat more because i'm working harder than my body can't recover and eventually gas. Take a break bro.. 2-3 days. A week if needed. If it's not fun or you don't look forward to it, why the hell would you want to go anyway? Burnout happens...

Thanks for the reply. I am currently trying to put on some weight and thought I was eating enough. Since I have your attention, maybe you could make a suggestion? I am currently training my upper body 3 days a week, legs once and run every day except Sundays. Could you suggest a good split that would have be working each body part once a week(if that is advisable)? I am sick of by current workout and have not noticed any gains recently.
E

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »
absolutely-it also will be compounded by drinking alcohol on a weekend and lifting heavy and or a busy work schedule.

Best thing to do is back off-next couple of times in the gym just lift light-high reps-take it easy.

Over the recent holiday weekend i had a few adult beverages then the next day went in and deadlifted heavy and did very heavy rows, 80 minute workout-i felt like absolute shit for a few days, physical exhaustion.  I backed off for the next couple of workouts.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 11:37:35 AM »
absolutely-it also will be compounded by drinking alcohol on a weekend and lifting heavy and or a busy work schedule.

Best thing to do is back off-next couple of times in the gym just lift light-high reps-take it easy.

Over the recent holiday weekend i had a few adult beverages then the next day went in and deadlifted heavy and did very heavy rows, 80 minute workout-i felt like absolute shit for a few days, physical exhaustion.  I backed off for the next couple of workouts.

I usually drink 5 or 6 nights a week and no problems. Maybe I am getting old. Cuz I sure as hell haven't been hitting the gym as hard as I did 5 years ago and I have been feeling weaker every time I workout. thanks.
E

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 11:46:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I am currently trying to put on some weight and thought I was eating enough. Since I have your attention, maybe you could make a suggestion? I am currently training my upper body 3 days a week, legs once and run every day except Sundays. Could you suggest a good split that would have be working each body part once a week(if that is advisable)? I am sick of by current workout and have not noticed any gains recently.

so you're doing 4 on and one off?! I like that split...what's your split look like anyway?!

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 11:54:44 AM »
so you're doing 4 on and one off?! I like that split...what's your split look like anyway?!

No, I have been training my entire upper body every other day and legs on Saturday. I am looking for a good split.
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 12:12:28 PM »
take some time off and fucck some of those beautiful whores in your stable and rest up Danny.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »
take some time off and fucck some of those beautiful whores in your stable and rest up Danny.

Hahah, well I never miss a workout. Sounds like a good idea though.
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 12:16:38 PM »
Hahah, well I never miss a workout. Sounds like a good idea though.
hahahaha, exactly man, you need to send a couple of those skanks my way after you're done with 'em. ;D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »
hahahaha, exactly man, you need to send a couple of those skanks my way after you're done with 'em. ;D

I need to get a few more tbh. I can't stand the same girls for more than a few months unless they are cool ass bitches, which is rare.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 12:28:02 PM »
how many days you looking for training each week
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 12:31:41 PM »
how many days you looking for training each week

Four with weights. Cardio six days. I will try any split, except I will do my legs all in one day. No splitting my hams and quads or something like that. My standout bodypart(if you could even call it that at my size) is chest. I should probably bring up other parts.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 12:34:43 PM »
Four with weights. Cardio six days. I will try any split, except I will do my legs all in one day. No splitting my hams and quads or something like that. My standout bodypart(if you could even call it that at my size) is chest. I should probably bring up other parts.

considering how much you party etc i think youre doing a shitload... no way i would be able to keep that up... cardio six days a week is a lot

but 4 days shoudl basically be a routine around the biggest muscle groups each getting their day... chest, back, shoulders, legs... then we need to fit in arms there somewhere...
it aint hard... question is what need to be done to make it more fun ... maybe a change in reps, sets, more machines or less machines... maybe shorter workouts instead of longer...
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 12:38:22 PM »
considering how much you party etc i think youre doing a shitload... no way i would be able to keep that up... cardio six days a week is a lot

but 4 days shoudl basically be a routine around the biggest muscle groups each getting their day... chest, back, shoulders, legs... then we need to fit in arms there somewhere...
it aint hard... question is what need to be done to make it more fun ... maybe a change in reps, sets, more machines or less machines... maybe shorter workouts instead of longer...

I am thinking chest on Monday, back and bi's on Tuesday, cardio Wednesday, shoulders and tris on Thursday, friday cardio, legs on Saturday. Is that enough? I change my reps every workout, sometimes as low as six, some workouts all 20. I rest sometimes a minutes between sets, sometimes under 10 seconds.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 12:43:10 PM »
yeah i think its enough. doing too much can be a reason for both overtraining and that you dont feel it is fun, it becomes a chore...
personally i would probably rather do triceps with back and biceps with shoulders since doing biceps after back, theyre allready worked a lot, maybe even pumped, after back... and not as fresh as i would like them.

dont know how long you are in the gym and if this is a problem. ive been on a program before when i was in the gym for max 30 minutes, it can be done especially when only doing one body part...
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »
yeah i think its enough. doing too much can be a reason for both overtraining and that you dont feel it is fun, it becomes a chore...
personally i would probably rather do triceps with back and biceps with shoulders since doing biceps after back, theyre allready worked a lot, maybe even pumped, after back... and not as fresh as i would like them.

dont know how long you are in the gym and if this is a problem. ive been on a program before when i was in the gym for max 30 minutes, it can be done especially when only doing one body part...

When I rest only 10 seconds between sets I am in and out in about 25 minutes. But usually about 45-55 minutes. How many sets should I do per bodypart now that I am going to split them?
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 12:51:38 PM »
when i did 30 minutes workout i rested longer than that, but i saved time on few sets and very few exercises... even ronnie coleman doesnt do more than 3 exercises for chest for example.

how many sets you should do... why not just stick to some basic mix of hypertrophy and strength like 3-4 sets and 8-12 reps or something... cant go wrong with that

me personally im experimenting with more sets for more mass... so im doing 6 sets of 6... but thats just me, and 6 months from now i might do something totally different...
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 12:53:51 PM »
maybe someone else can suggest a more exciting routine  ;D

maybe you can use a standard routine like discussed above... then put some specific goals in it... like suppose you make back day a priority for a few weeks and you treat that kinda special, monitoring how many pull ups you do or something like that to get it more challenging. while at the same time maintaining what you have on the other bodyparts.
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 12:55:40 PM »
when i did 30 minutes workout i rested longer than that, but i saved time on few sets and very few exercises... even ronnie coleman doesnt do more than 3 exercises for chest for example.

how many sets you should do... why not just stick to some basic mix of hypertrophy and strength like 3-4 sets and 8-12 reps or something... cant go wrong with that

me personally im experimenting with more sets for more mass... so im doing 6 sets of 6... but thats just me, and 6 months from now i might do something totally different...

Well, I am looking to put on about 15 pounds or so. Slowly. I was actually thinking about just sticking to basic movements for a few months. Go in 3 times a week, do benches, squats, DL's , Militarys and call it a day. Get back to basics for a bit. But I decided to go with a split. Now give me a good one dammit, I gotta hit the gym so i can go to the bar and get drunk and watch Monday night Football :D
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 12:56:41 PM »
maybe someone else can suggest a more exciting routine  ;D

maybe you can use a standard routine like discussed above... then put some specific goals in it... like suppose you make back day a priority for a few weeks and you treat that kinda special, monitoring how many pull ups you do or something like that to get it more challenging. while at the same time maintaining what you have on the other bodyparts.

Yes, my back does suck. I figure since I can't see it... ;D
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 01:01:53 PM »
Well, I am looking to put on about 15 pounds or so. Slowly. I was actually thinking about just sticking to basic movements for a few months. Go in 3 times a week, do benches, squats, DL's , Militarys and call it a day. Get back to basics for a bit. But I decided to go with a split. Now give me a good one dammit, I gotta hit the gym so i can go to the bar and get drunk and watch Monday night Football :D

well even with a split you can still make the big movements the main ones assuming they work for you... start every back day with pull ups for example rather than lat pulldowns... just put the most demanding exercises first. if youre into getting a pump and like the feel of that or just think it makes it more fun you can always add a a couple of sets of that at the end of each time at the gym

15 pounds you would need enough calories, and adding more weight to the bar, or more reps, or more sets time and time again
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 01:03:50 PM »
Yes, my back does suck. I figure since I can't see it... ;D

well make that a priority... i used to do back and chest on same day... back always first, especially lats, and in a short time theyre noticably wider. when you a) make a priority and have a specific goal and b) eventually reach that by seeing the difference (or becoming stronger or whatever youre looking for) then it gets more fun hitting the gym alltogether
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
well even with a split you can still make the big movements the main ones assuming they work for you... start every back day with pull ups for example rather than lat pulldowns... just put the most demanding exercises first. if youre into getting a pump and like the feel of that or just think it makes it more fun you can always add a a couple of sets of that at the end of each time at the gym

15 pounds you would need enough calories, and adding more weight to the bar, or more reps, or more sets time and time again

Yup, I will do that. Now how about that split? I will follow it to a t.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »
Yup, I will do that. Now how about that split? I will follow it to a t.

well didnt you suggest a split allready what else you need  :D
Z