Author Topic: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?  (Read 124562 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2009, 01:50:51 PM »
They'll enter a swimming competition

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2009, 08:17:43 AM »
Thanks Benito.  I stand corrected.  It WAS Lincoln!

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2009, 08:20:25 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Grant_Michaels.  They're much appreciated!

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »
So what happens to the Asian countries affiliated with the IFBB?
Are they all banned now?
I know the IFBB World Championships in Dubai was already canceled and will most likely be in Madrid.
Nobody knows anything???

Frank D. Law

• Getbig II
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »
Each individual Asian country, in my view would not be affected by the ban on the ABBF as they would all have a direct affiliation with the IFBB through their national Federations. The ABBF is just an umbrella body originally set up by the honorable HMS Storey to promote the development of Asian bodybuilding.  The national Federations continued their direct affiliations with the IFBB and were never subsumed under the ABBF.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »
GREAT POST
BOB THE MOVIE STAR NEEDS A REALITY CHECK LATELY-THIS POST SHOULD DO IT FOR HIM

My my Chick.  You got some of us fooled for some time, but wasn't it Sir Winston Churchill who famously observed:

"You can fool some of the people some of the time;
But not ALL of the people all of the time!"

Every utterance from you since this sordid saga began has been incongruous and inconsistent with what would normally be reasonably expected of an "athlete's rep."  Rather than engaging in strenuous advocacy for the rights of Milos as a complainant, you were busy castigating him for his failure to observe procedure and protocol!  That is for the IFBB Pro League's disciplinary committee to pursue.  Any "athlete's rep" worth his salt would have advocated and fought for Milos. 

At the risk of sounding facetious, instead of defending Milos you were, to all intents and purposes, a significant and crucial cog in the crooked apparatus that wrought this injustice on Milos and in the process protecting this crook from Asia, Paul Chua.  You even had the gall to demand that Milos apologize to Chua, knowing that his conscience would never allow him to do that, as it was his admirable conscience that led him to try to expose Chua.

Finally, do get off your high horse and stop the pretense that you have no horse in this race to justice.  Suffice it to say that truth and justice won (as it always will) and the humpty dumpties of BB had a great fall!  Unfortunately, the loser is always the sport.
w

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »
I don't really care much about those fights between Milos and Chic. Couldn't care less.
But I am curious to know what happens to all the Asian athletes within the ABBF??? None of the Asian countries will participate at the IFBB World Championships???
What will happen to the World Games in Taiwan??? Will there be a team from the ABBF and one from the rest of the World???
:-X

dickmclaren

• Getbig II
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2009, 06:12:00 AM »
So what happens to the Asian countries affiliated with the IFBB?
Are they all banned now?
I know the IFBB World Championships in Dubai was already canceled and will most likely be in Madrid.
Nobody knows anything???

IFBB now put the World Championships in Qatar to make sure Paul Chua and other people who against Rafael cannot go. Because Almana (President of Qatar) were former head of the police force in Qatar........after he paid big money to Rafael to lift the suspension and hide those doping cases, Rafael promised to make him the VP of Asia and President of new ABBF........Sure he would let anybody to go to Qatar to distrib his plan!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2009, 10:08:53 AM »
My my Chick.  You got some of us fooled for some time, but wasn't it Sir Winston Churchill who famously observed:

"You can fool some of the people some of the time;
But not ALL of the people all of the time!"

Every utterance from you since this sordid saga began has been incongruous and inconsistent with what would normally be reasonably expected of an "athlete's rep."  Rather than engaging in strenuous advocacy for the rights of Milos as a complainant, you were busy castigating him for his failure to observe procedure and protocol!  That is for the IFBB Pro League's disciplinary committee to pursue.  Any "athlete's rep" worth his salt would have advocated and fought for Milos. 

At the risk of sounding facetious, instead of defending Milos you were, to all intents and purposes, a significant and crucial cog in the crooked apparatus that wrought this injustice on Milos and in the process protecting this crook from Asia, Paul Chua.  You even had the gall to demand that Milos apologize to Chua, knowing that his conscience would never allow him to do that, as it was his admirable conscience that led him to try to expose Chua.

Finally, do get off your high horse and stop the pretense that you have no horse in this race to justice.  Suffice it to say that truth and justice won (as it always will) and the humpty dumpties of BB had a great fall!  Unfortunately, the loser is always the sport.

Exactly what I expected from you.....a response void of any factual information, or any specifics of what I had to do with the situation.. I never "demanded" anything from Milos, much less any apology.  I also was the one (as his IFBB rep) who put together his appeal and officially submitted it oin his behalf as Milos was out of the country and unable to be reached for any assistance in preparing it...

As for any "horse in the race"....no, I have none....I dont represent the Asian athletes, don't represent amateurs, wasn't ion attendance at the Asian games, have never met/ known/ had any interaction with Paul Chua, and onbly represented Milos at his request as I had no obligation to do so.

If It was Milos' actions that led to the decisions made by Rapheal/ Amateur IFBB federation....than great, I applaud his involvement. 

The actions of the IFBB PRO LEAGUE was justified and in accordance with the rules and regulations Milos (as well as ANY IFBB Pro) agree to....We (I, Manion, et al) never questioned whether or not Milos was right, wrong, or anywhere in between as none of us have any intreraction in the Amateur games, or Paul Chua....It was his course of action that made his suspension possible.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2009, 10:26:08 AM »
IFBB now put the World Championships in Qatar to make sure Paul Chua and other people who against Rafael cannot go. Because Almana (President of Qatar) were former head of the police force in Qatar........after he paid big money to Rafael to lift the suspension and hide those doping cases, Rafael promised to make him the VP of Asia and President of new ABBF........Sure he would let anybody to go to Qatar to distrib his plan!!!
good, maybe we can get coverage for the sport on Aljazzera

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »
actually it was the ifbb picking and choosing what rules they want to apply, that led to his suspension..

and you being the "athlete rep" were content with letting this travesty happen.

your boss, Robin Chang, also pulled the plug on Milos. Was that another great idea of yours?

Exactly what I expected from you.....a response void of any factual information, or any specifics of what I had to do with the situation.. I never "demanded" anything from Milos, much less any apology.  I also was the one (as his IFBB rep) who put together his appeal and officially submitted it oin his behalf as Milos was out of the country and unable to be reached for any assistance in preparing it...

As for any "horse in the race"....no, I have none....I dont represent the Asian athletes, don't represent amateurs, wasn't ion attendance at the Asian games, have never met/ known/ had any interaction with Paul Chua, and onbly represented Milos at his request as I had no obligation to do so.

If It was Milos' actions that led to the decisions made by Rapheal/ Amateur IFBB federation....than great, I applaud his involvement. 

The actions of the IFBB PRO LEAGUE was justified and in accordance with the rules and regulations Milos (as well as ANY IFBB Pro) agree to....We (I, Manion, et al) never questioned whether or not Milos was right, wrong, or anywhere in between as none of us have any intreraction in the Amateur games, or Paul Chua....It was his course of action that made his suspension possible.

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2009, 11:23:28 AM »
The IFBB World Championships is in Qatar now? I thought it will be in Madrid. Does anybody have infos here??

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »
NABBA,NAC, and WABBA need to expand into Asia, give Asian bodybuilders a choice to compete somewhere else, Chua and the corrupt ABBF have ruined the sport in Asia, the Hong Kong fed HKBBA need to to be called on why 3 of their bodybuilders were suspended for failing a drug test and yet back competing without serving their sentences in full, i know Hong Kong lacks any decent bodybuilders but this is pathetic, rules are rules, the ICAC should investigate the HKBBA >:(
Thunderdome approved

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »
actually it was the ifbb picking and choosing what rules they want to apply, that led to his suspension..

and you being the "athlete rep" were content with letting this travesty happen.

your boss, Robin Chang, also pulled the plug on Milos. Was that another great idea of yours?

Milos getting his contract pulled haqd almost nothing to do with his being suspended, but many other factors which were considered nlong before this particular event.

As for "letting" this "travesty" happen.....I have no control of what the athletes do, thus they are responsible to act accordingly within the rules....the fault rests squarely with Milos.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »
NABBA,NAC, and WABBA need to expand into Asia, give Asian bodybuilders a choice to compete somewhere else,

so put on a contest, call up NABBA, WABBA or NAC and ask if you can use their name.   That's all it takes.   

the Hong Kong fed HKBBA need to to be called on why 3 of their bodybuilders were suspended for failing a drug test and yet back competing without serving their sentences in full, i know Hong Kong lacks any decent bodybuilders but this is pathetic, rules are rules, the ICAC should investigate the HKBBA >:(

the problem is that no one follows the rules.  It is impossible to compete at the international level in the IFBB while actually being 3 year drug free.

BTW,  NABBA, WABBA, and NAC don't even pretend to be drug tested contests.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »
Milos getting his contract pulled haqd almost nothing to do with his being suspended, but many other factors which were considered nlong before this particular event.

the only reason Milos would lose his contracts in Asia is if Chua or others in the IFBB made veiled threats to his sponsors.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: April 19, 2009, 01:31:08 PM »
Haha goes to show what type of person Chick is.  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »
Haha goes to show what type of person Chick is.  

What type is that?  One that calls it the way it is?  One that wrote and submitted Milos' appeal even though I was under no obligation to do so?  One that said from day one that I had no part in any of this as it was an amateur event?

Please elaborate

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: April 19, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »
the only reason Milos would lose his contracts in Asia is if Chua or others in the IFBB made veiled threats to his sponsors.

I dont have any knowledge of contracts he has/ doesn't have, other than his AMI contract

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2009, 04:05:36 PM »
What is that you (collection of retards) don't understand.

Chick is the athletes rep for the IFBB Pro League.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the amateurs.

He does a good job, that is thankless and underrated. Yet he still bothers to come on here and do his best to answer every single question and accusation you dellusionites have. He is able to represent every pro that asks for help, regardless of his like or dislike for them and is always even in his treatment of the pros he represents.

Keep up the good work Bob.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2009, 04:31:07 PM »
Ok, let me rephrase: why do you think it's interesting?
Would he get anywhere with it?
You, knowing the IFBB Pro League structure better then me: Does he have a chance of succeeding in it?

When Wayne retired/got fired (can't remember but doesn't matter) how did JM take over?
How does that process go? Was there a vote for JM or did he get appointed by a board/somebody?
Why wasn't somebody else appointed like for example Steve Weinberger, Jim Rockell (assuming they were  interested ofcourse) I'm just naming names who have been around the higher circles of the IFBB a long time as well like JM was.
JM was a more logical choice ofcourse because he was running the NPC, but is he now a life long pres of the IFBB? Or is Rafael over him?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2009, 05:38:23 PM »

Sorry bro, missedyour question

Would he get anywhere with it? No

Wayne was fired and Manion was the logical choice to take over....dont know if it's an appointed position, or if it was voted on by the board.

Manion was the highest ranked official as it was, it was a no brainer for him to take over...

Rapheal and Manion run two completely different entities, which have almost nothing to do with each other...

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #272 on: April 19, 2009, 06:16:32 PM »
Chick you devote a lot of your time to discussing Milos....hmm interesting! 

Chick, your obsession with discussing Milos just seems curious!?! 

Milos despises you!  So why even give him the time of day?

Chick, surely you can't be that desperate for Milos' acknowledgment/attention?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2009, 06:21:36 PM »
According to Bob's logic, Milos shouldn't have been suspended because he commented on an amateur contest that has nothing to do with the Pro League! Ironically, some of those Asian contests have big prize money and that is partly why there are hard feelings there.

At least Chick is consistent. He loves pulling the wool over the eyes of the typical unquestioning muscleheads. The dude swears he is totally innocent of any wrong doing re his appointed job for the boys. He did bugger all for Milos and we can imagine he even voted for his suspension. Like Lee's suspension, the one year punishment has gone on and on. Gotta love the way the IFBB handles the athletes. They punish the honest and outspoken and retain the stooges who are loyal. Well, with Ben gone this crap has finally surfaced and it sure stinks. All the talk in the world won't remove that foul stench.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2009, 06:31:55 PM »
Chick, you have an opportunity to bring about real and positive change to this organisation!  So why do you continue to play the same of old corporate tune?

Seriously, the industry is crying out for real leadership.  Yet, you sit in front of this screen arguing with a bunch of adolescents about the ethics of a one Milos Sarcev!?!

C'mon Chick.  You and you contemporaries have an opportunity to usher in a new era.  So why just waste this moment  on banal, meaningless and repetitive message-board debates?