Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 55775 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #600 on: June 10, 2015, 07:32:06 AM »
Every team needs a goon/scrapper to do the dirty work.  Bulls had Rodman, Spurs had Bowen, Lakers had (I don't give a shit who the Lakers had  ;D ) Delly is that dude.  Hustle/effort goes a long way and he's proving it.  Very admirable when you don't have a skill set of some of these studs.  Props.  8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #601 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22:48 AM »
someone mentioned possibility of Lebron retiring after winning a title this year, that being his secret announcement.

I bet nobody saw it coming when Jordan retired in his prime.   At the age of 30, Michael Jordan retired after winning three titles.   Imagine LeBron doing the exact same thing?  Lebron is 30 now.  3 titles, 3 kids, worth $300 million.  Lead the hapless cavs to a ring, overcoming hurdles MJ couldn't dream of - and GS would be the best team to lose a title, in history.

Lebron has always said he's going to be a billionaire, bigger than just ball, etc.  I could see him starting some "rejuvienate CLE or even Ohio" type of deal.  Use his 30s to build an empire, buy real estate, run for office, etc.

By the time he's 40, Lebron is worth 3/4 of a billion and he's suddenly running for senator or governor.  By 50... lebron is running for president, and maybe winning.  WOrth a billion, restored an entire state, learned the community, came from the projects and reached wash, DC.   total american story.  

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #602 on: June 10, 2015, 08:29:28 AM »
someone mentioned possibility of Lebron retiring after winning a title this year, that being his secret announcement.

I bet nobody saw it coming when Jordan retired in his prime.   At the age of 30, Michael Jordan retired after winning three titles.   Imagine LeBron doing the exact same thing?  Lebron is 30 now.  3 titles, 3 kids, worth $300 million.  Lead the hapless cavs to a ring, overcoming hurdles MJ couldn't dream of - and GS would be the best team to lose a title, in history.

Lebron has always said he's going to be a billionaire, bigger than just ball, etc.  I could see him starting some "rejuvienate CLE or even Ohio" type of deal.  Use his 30s to build an empire, buy real estate, run for office, etc.

By the time he's 40, Lebron is worth 3/4 of a billion and he's suddenly running for senator or governor.  By 50... lebron is running for president, and maybe winning.  WOrth a billion, restored an entire state, learned the community, came from the projects and reached wash, DC.   total american story.  

NBA would never allow Lebron to retire this early.  Neither would his sponsors.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #603 on: June 10, 2015, 08:33:01 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #604 on: June 10, 2015, 08:36:38 AM »
NBA would never allow Lebron to retire this early.  Neither would his sponsors.

I'm sure the same thought process applied to Jordan. 

But LeBron only has a 2-year deal with CLE, and he can opt out this year.  And if his long-term goals are bigger than basketball, why not go out on top? 

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: June 10, 2015, 08:37:36 AM »
is lebrons contract with the Cavs over after the final? it was only a one year deal correct?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: June 10, 2015, 08:40:35 AM »
is lebrons contract with the Cavs over after the final? it was only a one year deal correct?

2 year deal, with lebron able to opt out after year 1 (this year). 

He can retire if he wants. Or take another year on this contract, and re-up with the massive new TV deal $.   $30 or $35 mil a year

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: June 10, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »
Cavs roster, who are there Allstars holding down the Best Scorning team in the NBA  :-\

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/roster

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #608 on: June 10, 2015, 09:05:11 AM »

Lebron is about to get PAID once that new CBA kicks in. I say he has maybe 4 years left at most, maybe 5. Remember Kyrie signed a 5 yr deal so him and Lebron could be playing together for a while.

Think about this line up...Lebron, Kyrie, Love, Thompson, Varejo and Mozzy w/ JR, Shump and Delly off the bench.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #609 on: June 10, 2015, 09:16:40 AM »
Lebron is about to get PAID once that new CBA kicks in. I say he has maybe 4 years left at most, maybe 5. Remember Kyrie signed a 5 yr deal so him and Lebron could be playing together for a while.

Think about this line up...Lebron, Kyrie, Love, Thompson, Varejo and Mozzy w/ JR, Shump and Delly off the bench.

again... this mindset takes us back to the assumption that Lebron's goal is to play in the NBA for another 8-10 years, and make another $300 mil playing basketball.    Just like people assumed lebron's goals this off-season were "winning a lot of titles".  I believed lebron's goals were 1) restore family together in his city 2) win rings/get $.

He has $300 million in the bank... he'll never spend 1/10 of that.  Maybe his goal isn't to make another $300 mil playing ball/commericals over the next 8 years.  MAYBE his goal is to rebuild a city, or retire with kiddies and never be seen from again, just investing and living on interest.  Who knows. 

Lebron is a contrarian who grew up poor, insanely fixated on spending time with kids cause his dad bailed, did what nobody expected in 2010 and then again in 2014.  Would it surprise anyone if he beat one of the greatest teams in history, with the worst Finals line-up in history, and just retired on top?   Run for mayor of CLE, or retire and never be heard from again.  I woudn't put it past him.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #610 on: June 10, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »

Lebron's salary pales in comparison to his endorsements.  He doesn't give a fuck if he gets $1 million a season or $30 million.  You hear Wade crying about his salary because he has no other source.  Lebron has deals all over the place.
Don't be fooled about Lebron's net worth.  He's been taking investment advice from Warren Buffett.  Wouldn't be shocked if his net worth is a lot more than people think.

I think the Warriors though discovered their saving Angel and that is David Lee.  He was awesome yesterday.  Where has he been all playoffs?  He might be the key in getting the Warriors right back in this.  Just think, Warriors win game 4 and they are right back in the driver's seat.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #611 on: June 10, 2015, 10:06:52 AM »
A few things.  Why isn't GS running the floor early and waiting until the 3rd?  Those fucking turnovers.  Hold on to the ball.  Seriously.  They are trying 1 too many passes.  In the 4th they had an open 2 that would have cut the lead to 2 and instead they flip it out for a 3 and miss.  Why the fuck did they need a 3 at that minute?
Then Lebron James slide tackling Curry with no foul and then a loose ball, everyone diving and they call a foul on the Warriors?  WTF!  The refs have sucked cock all series.

And Mark Jackson.  yeah, we get it, you're butt hurt about being fired but he is spending the entire 3 hours of the broadcast sucking James cock with this balls in each cheek.  It's nauseating. 

Delavadova has that face you just want to pound your fists into.

Reminds me of Jamie Eason's husband who also has the face of a punching bag

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #612 on: June 10, 2015, 11:10:37 AM »
LeBron gonna retire and play tight end for the Cleveland Browns

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #613 on: June 10, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »

Reminds me of Jamie Eason's husband who also has the face of a punching bag

Would love to be that right hand.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: June 10, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »
LeBron gonna retire and play tight end for the Cleveland Browns

lol that'd be badass.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #615 on: June 10, 2015, 11:29:41 AM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: June 10, 2015, 11:29:53 AM »
Diving head-first all over the place at knee/leg level is a good way to injure someone.  I suspect "Matthew Dellavedova" has a good hard playoff foul coming his way next game from one of the bigger guys.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #617 on: June 10, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
Dellavedova is in the hospital getting IV today , Iman Shumpert  was at the hospital getting his Shoulder checked out

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #618 on: June 10, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
Better back and legs

Mr. Levrone better everywhere else, and his early 90's legs were arguably just as good

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #619 on: June 10, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »
Lebron James is winning me over a bit.  Right now he's a one man team.  He's playing really hard and really smart.  Willing the Cavs to victory like Jordan, Magic, Bird, and Kobe have done.  Except his roster pretty much sucks.  Absolute shit supporting cast.

He's a player, the coach and the GM.  They should sell him the team so he can be the next Jackie Moon.  Owner, player, coach, GM.

Jordan is still greater and more skilled but you'd be hard pressed to find someone "better" than Lebron James.

as LeGod said when he won his first (of many soon to come) titles, "it's about damn time" you are starting to get it

E
E

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: June 10, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »
Dellavedova is in the hospital getting IV today , Iman Shumpert  was at the hospital getting his Shoulder checked out

Shumpert's looked bad in the replay, reminded me of that injury Wade had (a while ago, probably five years or more).

He came back in and played alright though unless I'm misremembering.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #621 on: June 10, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
as LeGod said when he won his first (of many soon to come) titles, "it's about damn time" you are starting to get it

E

You might have the chance to gloat after all, but I saw a lightbulb click on the Warriors.  David Lee might be the spark needed.  Curry needs to shoot more which he did.  It is ends up 2-2 tomorrow it's a whole new ballgame.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #622 on: June 10, 2015, 01:02:58 PM »
You might have the chance to gloat after all, but I saw a lightbulb click on the Warriors.  David Lee might be the spark needed.  Curry needs to shoot more which he did.  It is ends up 2-2 tomorrow it's a whole new ballgame.

Lee's only real issue is he's a very bad help defender, which is critical against modern NBA offenses (hence why he hardly plays I think), but when they're just gonna run LeBron iso all game it doesn't really matter that much. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #623 on: June 10, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »
Lee's only real issue is he's a very bad help defender, which is critical against modern NBA offenses (hence why he hardly plays I think), but when they're just gonna run LeBron iso all game it doesn't really matter that much. 

Bogut wasn't scoring and these close games they need points.  With James getting 35-40 and Curry getting 25, an extra 10-15 points from Lee can be the difference and a win for them.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #624 on: June 10, 2015, 02:15:56 PM »
I'm absolutely done with Mark Jackson as an announcer.  Annoying as fuck.

"Mama, there goes that man"  Derp!

Fucking retard.  I hope he gets another coaching job so he will fuck off.