Author Topic: Ryan Kenelley benches 1036lb in Ukraine!  (Read 7959 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Ryan Kenelley benches 1036lb in Ukraine!
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2007, 05:24:53 AM »
The problem I have with is that When a guy benches lets sayy 800pounds With a shirt he is Not pressing 800pounds from his chest because the shirt works like a fucking spring and "removes" a certain part of the weight. Not calling them weak but we donīt know how much they are actually benching. If scott or whatever his name is benchpresses 1000+ pounds and his raw record is 700 then the shirt removes 300pounds and whatīs the point in that?
When a raw bencher benches 500pounds he is pressing every single one of those pounds :)

You are right, Im not arguing that at all. Used properly, you want as much SPRING AS you can get! Because it loses it's effect
FAST! THEN YOUR STUCK W/ SOME REAL HEAVY MOTHER F'n iron that can kill you over your body ;D!

Its another way to develop explosive speed. Mendelson is impressive Raw or w/ a shirt. He's built like a Bench'n machine though.

As soon as that shirt stops working, your stuck w/ all that iron. And look closely, they move it REAL SLOW.

If you want to spend the time to read this setup article and practice what Burns describes, I bet you add some plate.
Leg drive is also very important. You can spin your wheels for years at Bench press, or learn from Pros and add plate fast. Raw or shirt. Sorry but its not all drugs and the shirt. Setup and method and hard work are more important.
Frankly, you'd be better off bench w/ friends at someones home than any comercial gym. Cant use chains, boards, chalk, screame etc
http://www.metalmilitia.net/articles/burns/CompetitionBenching.htm

Also       http://www.elitefts.com/documents/top-10-bench-tips.htm

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2007, 05:46:34 AM »
Ever been to a RAW meet?No crowd,very few big lifts,sparse amount of competitors.If you want to lift nationally,you have to wear gear.Just like in bodybuilding.Ever been to a drug free show?It sucks!Compare it to a non tested show and thats the same thing between geared lifting and RAW lifting.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2007, 05:54:00 AM »
Ever been to a RAW meet?No crowd,very few big lifts,sparse amount of competitors.If you want to lift nationally,you have to wear gear.Just like in bodybuilding.Ever been to a drug free show?It sucks!Compare it to a non tested show and thats the same thing between geared lifting and RAW lifting.

Right, its like comparing Dirt track racing to  the Indy 500 or Daytona. People want a superhuman spectacle.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2007, 06:12:16 AM »

Maybe concerning crowds. But it's not like powerlifters compete 'au natural'.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2007, 06:45:20 AM »
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9928/approxpowercurvesez9.jpg

Unbelievably bored at work, so I created a very rough power curve graph. Not counting acceleration, etc., because I couldn't be bothered.

Result: both raw and shirted have approximately the same total power output (only a 4% difference), just a different distribution. Would have been even closer together (about 3,5%) if I had taken the values 715 and 1008.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2007, 08:10:56 AM »
Bench shirts have been in the sport for thirty freaking years.Yes,they add numbers,but if everyone uses them,what seems to be the problem.I know that synthol,calf implants,t-3,dnp,growth hormone etc. is what makes bodybuilding far more legit,but gear in powerlifting is here to stay.By the way,everytime they try to put on a RAW meet,NO ONE SHOWS UP because they are boooooooooring as hell.

I think you're wrong. Lots of people goes to the RAW meets. Lots of people went to see the greatest benchpresser in the world pound for pound, Dennis Cieri, compete RAW:

And how is Cieri's lifting boring?

Compare that to Rychlaks "world record". Is he even completing the lift?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2007, 08:23:16 AM »

Lets get something straight here:

A 600 lbs squat in one of the clown feds could perhaps be equalled to somewhere between 405-445 lbs completely RAW, and with strict squatting rules.

What are you so afraid of? That regular gym lifters and bodybuilders will be close to your lifting numbers, or perhaps even be higher?

With suits and equipment, powerlifters will always have lifts that seems big for the average gym rat.

Without these lifting aids, the difference won't be as big.

You also claim that the manufacturers support the sport. And that is quite true.

But if there were no gear except belt and singlet, the lifters wouldn't have to pay $200 for a shirt, instead they could put that money DIRECTLY into entry fees. You follow? Everyone would be a winner, except INZER, TITAN and the rest of them.

As empty as paradise

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2007, 08:36:43 AM »
Lets get something straight here:

A 600 lbs squat in one of the clown feds could perhaps be equalled to somewhere between 405-445 lbs completely RAW, and with strict squatting rules.

What are you so afraid of? That regular gym lifters and bodybuilders will be close to your lifting numbers, or perhaps even be higher?

With suits and equipment, powerlifters will always have lifts that seems big for the average gym rat.

Without these lifting aids, the difference won't be as big.

You also claim that the manufacturers support the sport. And that is quite true.

But if there were no gear except belt and singlet, the lifters wouldn't have to pay $200 for a shirt, instead they could put that money DIRECTLY into entry fees. You follow? Everyone would be a winner, except INZER, TITAN and the rest of them.

the lack of size in Billy's legs should tell you that his "squats" are all shallow, i doubt he could squat 500 raw to legal depth.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2007, 08:45:26 AM »
Van, you are wrong. 
Please elaborate. You don't think the majority hate the gear, hate how the gear is getting stronger and stronger all the time. Hate having to learn how to use it, having to get it tailored, constantly having to buy new suits etc.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »
Hmmmm.I wonder how my small legs[hamstrings are part of the leg]allow me to pull 788 at super,777 at 308 and 735 at 275?Also,do you take into account that perhaps my legs were a bit small this year because I was coming off a full rupture of the patella tendon and a shattered knee cap one year earlier?By the way,I dont lift raw in meets,but I did squat 705 at 242 in the USPF IN 1994[THEN BOMBED IN THE BENCH].Oh well,I guess I will just take my 942 squat at super,881 at 308 and 855 at 275 in gear and be happy with it.Luckily we only have to impress the judges,not the internet icons who try to judge over the net but never seem to actually compete themselves.

spinnis

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2007, 10:44:50 AM »
Hmmmm.I wonder how my small legs[hamstrings are part of the leg]allow me to pull 788 at super,777 at 308 and 735 at 275?Also,do you take into account that perhaps my legs were a bit small this year because I was coming off a full rupture of the patella tendon and a shattered knee cap one year earlier?By the way,I dont lift raw in meets,but I did squat 705 at 242 in the USPF IN 1994[THEN BOMBED IN THE BENCH].Oh well,I guess I will just take my 942 squat at super,881 at 308 and 855 at 275 in gear and be happy with it.Luckily we only have to impress the judges,not the internet icons who try to judge over the net but never seem to actually compete themselves.

Epic try to not sound angry in meltdown

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »
with the big weights these guys are using, you would definitely have a lot of torn pecs/shoulder injuries if everybody was benching raw. 

I do think its strange that the world record in the bench has jumped like it has. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2007, 11:10:13 AM »

Bro.. no offence,

but I think your 705 squat in a legit fed versus a 942 in a high squat-multi ply-monolift fed speak volumes of how much the equipment accounts for.

But you've always been a great deadlifter, and that lift doesn't change a whole lot between feds.

You were doing a USPF meet, what numbers are you targeting and what weight class?

As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2007, 11:17:23 AM »
Well,one squat was done at a drug free[two years clean] 242,the other was done at a juiced up 330 6 years later.I know you supporters of Usapl/IPF style lifting think we dont get stronger and we just wear more and more gear,but I would think even you might admit that one might be a tad bit stronger at 330 on juice then he would at 242 drug free.However,understand that unlike many others,I wear gear to squat more weight,not to protect myself.I do disagree with you about the judging.That might be the case now,but when I first lifted in the APF,the judges were the same guys that sat in the chairs in the USPF.Now,its different,but then the judging was the same,just no drug testing and we lifted in multi-plies.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2007, 11:19:21 AM »
Well,one squat was done at a drug free[two years clean] 242,the other was done at a juiced up 330 6 years later.I know you supporters of Usapl/IPF style lifting think we dont get stronger and we just wear more and more gear,but I would think even you might admit that one might be a tad bit stronger at 330 on juice then he would at 242 drug free.However,understand that unlike many others,I wear gear to squat more weight,not to protect myself.I do disagree with you about the judging.That might be the case now,but when I first lifted in the APF,the judges were the same guys that sat in the chairs in the USPF.Now,its different,but then the judging was the same,just no drug testing and we lifted in multi-plies.

Cool.

You decided on what meet you're doing yet?

As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2007, 11:22:14 AM »
Sorry,I didnt anser your question.To be honest,Ive been trying to switch,but I dont know if I can do it.My knee makes it VERY hard to walk out with weights,but even harder to walk back in after the lift.The problem is my range of motion is pretty limited.Im going to get A.R.T. done on it to see if they can break up scar tissue.However,if I was healthy I would think I could go 755,600,750 at 275.My single ply bench is the same[especially with the new single plies]I always pull in the 700s,however,the squat might prove to be a problem.I could squat that weight pretty easily,but could I get it set up and  passed?Not sure.

spinnis

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2007, 11:22:36 AM »
"clean for 2 yr"

and really dont get those sentences, either you are a lifetime natty or not

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2007, 12:02:48 PM »
The rule was clean for at least one year.I follow the rules.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2007, 02:27:05 PM »
The rule was clean for at least one year.I follow the rules.

Respect.

As empty as paradise

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2007, 03:52:34 AM »
"clean for 2 yr"

and really dont get those sentences, either you are a lifetime natty or not

Did he say natty for 2 years or clean for 2 years?

Nattty for 2 years is BS, clean for 2 years means he didn't take anything.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2007, 03:56:51 AM »
I said drug free for two years.Im not natural,wouldnt want to be natural,have no interest in lifting natural,dont like natural lifters,think the whole drug free movement is the dumbest thing in American sports,think drug testing is a violation of our civil rights,think that ANYONE who would take his cock out and piss in a cup while some a-hole watched is a fool.Does that answer the question.I came off for two years because of money situations and a lack of a connection.This was in 1991-92 when everything was dry.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2007, 04:00:21 AM »
I said drug free for two years.Im not natural,wouldnt want to be natural,have no interest in lifting natural,dont like natural lifters,think the whole drug free movement is the dumbest thing in American sports,think drug testing is a violation of our civil rights,think that ANYONE who would take his cock out and piss in a cup while some a-hole watched is a fool.Does that answer the question.I came off for two years because of money situations and a lack of a connection.This was in 1991-92 when everything was dry.

haha, you're an idiot.

So you are saying people who don't take steroids in sports are dumb?

Dumbest post of the month.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2007, 04:24:19 AM »

I, of course, totally disagree with you on all of this. ;D

But I'll give you credit for not trying to cheat within a drugtested fed.

As empty as paradise

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2007, 04:28:43 AM »
I, of course, totally disagree with you on all of this. ;D

But I'll give you credit for not trying to cheat within a drugtested fed.

haahahaaaa, competing in natural competitions as a juicer is the most pathetic thing there is. You have to have less self value feelings than a man with no arms challenged to a tennis match.

It's like playing chess against blind people.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2007, 04:49:49 AM »
haahahaaaa, competing in natural competitions as a juicer is the most pathetic thing there is. You have to have less self value feelings than a man with no arms challenged to a tennis match.

It's like playing chess against blind people.

This kind of reminds me of the incident that got retards banned from competing in the Paralympics:

Spain won the Retard Class in Basketball. Party-Party, Fiesta-Fiesta, right?

Not quite. After the Paralympics it turned out that several, if not all, of the players on the team, weren't retarded. But just acted like they were.

After this little mishap, the Paralympics realized that anyone could act retarded if they really tried. ;D

As empty as paradise