Author Topic: Roman Catholicism versus Biblical Christianity  (Read 9248 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Roman Catholicism versus Biblical Christianity
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:45:29 AM »
                               CATHOLICISM                                 CHRISTIANITY

Authority             Scripture and tradition                              Scripture  
Bible                    Includes apocrypha                           Excludes apocrypha 
Salvation              Received at Water Baptism             By Grace thru Faith in Christ
                     (conditional-can lose it by sinning)              (unconditional)
Transubstantiation          Accepted                                      Rejected
Purgatory                      Accepted                                      Rejected
Prayer to dead saints      Accepted                                      Rejected
Priests                 Certain men as mediators                  All believers are priests

more later...

R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Roman Catholicism versus Biblical Christianity
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:17:38 AM »
                               CATHOLICISM                                 CHRISTIANITY

Authority             Scripture and tradition                              Scripture   
Bible                    Includes apocrypha                           Excludes apocrypha 
Salvation              Received at Water Baptism             By Grace thru Faith in Christ
                     (conditional-can lose it by sinning)              (unconditional)
Transubstantiation          Accepted                                      Rejected
Purgatory                      Accepted                                      Rejected
Prayer to dead saints      Accepted                                      Rejected
Priests                 Certain men as mediators                  All believers are priests

more later...

Good post.  Keep them coming.  :)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:24:55 AM »
What cracks me up is that starting with King Henry VIII, everyone that wanted to make Christianity fit their life slightly altered Catholicism and made another Christian off-shoot.
Squishy face retard

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »
                              CATHOLICISM                                  CHRISTIANITY

The Pope          Believed to be the "Vicar of Christ,"           Pope is a fallible man
                      the representative of Christ on earth,
                      thus speaks w/infallibility.

The last dead pope considered Mary          Mary is not divine.
                      a co-redeemer w/Christ.

Last Rites         A priest must forgive your sins              God forgives your sins
                                                                            when you accept Christ

more later...

R

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 10:09:01 AM »
Stella,

Some of those arent true, Pergatory was done away with years ago. Its no longer true that only a priest can grant forgiveness of sins, although Catholics are encouraged to go confession regularly. An it is believed that Mary is devine since she was the only one (other than Christ) with out sin.

XOXOX

your buddy

Humungous
X

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »
Pergatory was done away with years ago. Its no longer true that only a priest can grant forgiveness of sins, although Catholics are encouraged to go confession regularly.

Are you sure about this?  I'm from a country that's 99% Catholic and I've never heard that Purgatory was done away with, or that a priest is not the only one who can grant forgiveness of sin.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 10:20:23 AM »
did not know..

thanx 4 the info...
carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 10:52:01 AM »

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 10:58:13 AM »
How can you compare Roman Catholism with "Christianity"??

That's bullshit, because catholism is a christian sect.

You can compare catholism with protestantism.

But your comparison is like comparing budweiser and beer.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 11:02:05 AM »
catholism is a christian sect.

Guess that's a matter of personal opinion.  Many Christians would say that your statement is debatable.  Many protestants believe that the Roman Catholic church is a cult.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »
Stella,

Some of those arent true, Pergatory was done away with years ago. Its no longer true that only a priest can grant forgiveness of sins, although Catholics are encouraged to go confession regularly. An it is believed that Mary is devine since she was the only one (other than Christ) with out sin.

XOXOX

your buddy

Humungous

Hi Budmungous!

I hope I'm not bumming you out and I really appreciate your input here. :)

Do you know where is it written in a regular bible that Mary was without sin? 

How does the church explain this scripture?
"And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour." Luke 1:46-47 

R

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 11:10:27 AM »
Guess that's a matter of personal opinion.  Many Christians would say that your statement is debatable.  Many protestants believe that the Roman Catholic church is a cult.

hahaa, if anything, roman catholicism is the ONLY christianity. Anything else has evolved from it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 11:17:47 AM »
hahaa, if anything, roman catholicism is the ONLY christianity. Anything else has evolved from it.

Christianity existed 400 years before the Roman Catholic church was born, but I don't really want to argue about this. 

This thread is about Christians killing Jews and Muslims, but the fact is that it was the Roman Catholic Church that killed Jews, Muslims and non-Catholic Christians.  Why?  Because they would not submit to the Roman Catholic Church doctrine, beliefs and traditions.  In other words, they would not let the Roman Catholic Church rule their lives.  How was the United States of America born?  European Christians came to America seeking religious freedom, fleeing oppression from the Roman Catholic Church.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
Christianity existed 400 years before the Roman Catholic church was born, but I don't really want to argue about this. 

This thread is about Christians killing Jews and Muslims, but the fact is that it was the Roman Catholic Church that killed Jews, Muslims and non-Catholic Christians.  Why?  Because they would not submit to the Roman Catholic Church doctrine, beliefs and traditions.  In other words, they would not let the Roman Catholic Church rule their lives.  How was the United States of America born?  Europeans came to America seeking religious freedom, fleeing oppression from the Roman Catholic Church.

Nothing to argue with that.

But, according to the catolic church, you'll go to hell for this post.  ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 11:25:12 AM »
But, according to the catolic church, you'll go to hell for this post.  ;)

I know.   ;D

That's why I go by the Bible, and not by what they tell me.

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 03:55:20 AM »
From what i understand,the Catholic church was formed by Constantine to save his empire from being torn apart.It melded the pagan beliefs of the Romans with some teachings of Christ.It isnt an accurate representation of what Christ wanted from his followers.I mean really..Popes that used their enormous influence to torture and kill anyone who read the Bible surely cant be "from God".I know many many Catholics are good people but if u look at history,the Catholic church has a lot of blood on their hands.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 03:59:18 AM »
From what i understand,the Catholic church was formed by Constantine to save his empire from being torn apart.It melded the pagan beliefs of the Romans with some teachings of Christ.It isnt an accurate representation of what Christ wanted from his followers.I mean really..Popes that used their enormous influence to torture and kill anyone who read the Bible surely cant be "from God".I know many many Catholics are good people but if u look at history,the Catholic church has a lot of blood on their hands.

Shhh, don't say that too loud.

Aww fuck it, i hate that hypocrite monotheistic idiots. Roman-catholicism. wtf??

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 04:02:28 AM »
Shhh, don't say that too loud.

Aww f**k it, i hate that hypocrite monotheistic idiots. Roman-catholicism. wtf??

Vatican setting up to waste me as we speak.. :P 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 10:26:15 AM »
This whole thread is based on a false premise.

Simply because Catholicism is a form of Christianity.

There are three major forms of Christianity, and those are Catholicism, Protestantism and the Greek-Russian Ortodox Christianity.

Within Protestantism, there are tons of different churchs, such as the methodist, the baptist, et al.

But comparing Catholicism with "Christianity"... ::)

Puhleaze. That's extremely uneducated. After all, it was Martin Luther, Kalvin and their followers that left the Vatican. Not the other way around.

So if anything, Catholicism is Christianity.

Just ask yourself who the first pope was.. ;)

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 10:35:28 AM »
i could never follow catholism

too much hockus pokus for me
X

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 01:24:25 AM »
This whole thread is based on a false premise.

Simply because Catholicism is a form of Christianity.

There are three major forms of Christianity, and those are Catholicism, Protestantism and the Greek-Russian Ortodox Christianity.

Within Protestantism, there are tons of different churchs, such as the methodist, the baptist, et al.

But comparing Catholicism with "Christianity"... ::)

Puhleaze. That's extremely uneducated. After all, it was Martin Luther, Kalvin and their followers that left the Vatican. Not the other way around.

So if anything, Catholicism is Christianity.

Just ask yourself who the first pope was.. ;)

-Hedge

Disagree ...the Catholic church is just a variation of Christianity.The most popular variation  .As previous posts have pointed out they have doctrines that are nowhere to be found in the Bible.Stuff like worshipping the virgin mary,easter, and christmas have their origins in Roman pagan worship.Just another example is the fact that priests are supposed to be celibate.Im pretty sure thats just a man made rule.It isnt even natural!

And dont get me started on the Crusades,the Inquistions,and the roles the Catholic church had to play in various wars.Just because its popular ,doesnt make it right..

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 01:06:43 PM »
I am a practising roman catholic from ireland. if ne one interested post me questions on this and ill answer as best i can.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 01:19:57 PM »
I am a practising roman catholic from ireland. if ne one interested post me questions on this and ill answer as best i can.

ahahahaaaa, a true catholic!!! Always a missionary!!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »
O.....K.....was just trying to give insight into my beliefs. have we anyone over 7 who is interested?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 01:42:13 PM »
All other Christian branches have come from Catholicism.

Greek Othordox after the Great Schism.

Church of England from King Henry wanting divorce...

etc, etc, etc
Squishy face retard