Author Topic: Jesus is The Sun of God.  (Read 26379 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Jesus is the sun of god.
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »
::)  another anti-Christ thread....think I'm done with these for 2014.

I know it can be difficult and I also know that I can be a total butthead toward some of these folks some of the time.  But...You are a good man. 

Do not place your light under the bushel.  If you must, extinguish and set it upon the shelf for a while.  Rest and when you feel ready, re-light that candle until such time as you again feel the need to step  back.  There are people here that listen and learn from your observations and while their hearts may not change toward the Christ that does not mean they are not good folk. 

Be well.

RX MOGOL

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 10:43:42 PM »
SON. Not sun idiot

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2014, 10:47:40 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2014, 04:47:29 AM »
SON. Not sun idiot

There is a reason I spelled it like that.

Read the link and it will make sense.

This isnt an anti-Jesus thread either.

Its my opinion that I decided to share with a forum.

Forums are meant for discussion, debate, and the spread of information.

Belieber

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2014, 06:50:15 AM »
Fantastic thread. 10 pages easy.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2014, 11:43:02 AM »
Where is Wiggs Jeezzy gone ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2014, 05:14:26 PM »
Since I helped answer one of mankind's greatest questions:

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »
let horus jesus in - save you he can

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2014, 05:56:31 PM »
Jesus was a cock-slurping retard.

Hope this helps.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2014, 06:09:11 PM »
  The evidence that Christianity was in its beginnings firmly rooted in an Egyptian-style, equinoctial mode of thinking still abounds today. The birthday of Jesus Christ was first celebrated by the earliest Church in the spring of the year. But in 345, Pope Julius decreed that the birthday (nobody knew any precise date for it, suggesting again that the entire thing was pure myth) should thenceforth be held on December 25, three days after the “death” of the winter solstice and the same day on which the births of Mithras, Dionysus, the Sol Invictus (unconquerable sun), and several other gods were traditionally celebrated. (Tom Harper, The Pagan Christ, p. 82).

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2014, 06:21:18 PM »
Jesus was a cock-slurping retard.

Hope this helps.
How childishly pedestrian.  How sophomorically innovative.  How...Well...How stupid can you get?

I am betting even "stoooopider".   Look kid, when you hit rock bottom, just start digging...mmmkay?   Have a good night, sweetie!  And no, I am not trying to make you look ignorant.

You're doing fine all on your own.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2014, 06:30:44 PM »
How childishly pedestrian.  How sophomorically innovative.  How...Well...How stupid can you get?

I am betting even "stoooopider".   Look kid, when you hit rock bottom, just start digging...mmmkay?   Have a good night, sweetie!  And no, I am not trying to make you look ignorant.

You're doing fine all on your own.

Your shitter must be real hurt with a response like that.

Oh, yeah ... Jesus was a cock weasel.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2014, 06:44:56 PM »
Your shitter must be real hurt with a response like that.

Oh, yeah ... Jesus was a cock weasel.

Look kid, I cannot help that you are a linguistic simian and a cultural philistine.  Oh yeah...That means you have a chimp like command of language and a total lack of class.  I bet chicks really dig you, ace.  Please, I adjure you (again, that means I urge or even beg you) to cease and desist your public display of stooooopidity.

Or not.

I have better things to do that to try and potty train someone like you.  No need to change your mind as the stench of your mental diaper would be as odious as your lame attempts to insult the Christ are.

Goodnight, sweetie.

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention that I agree with you on other subjects, just not this one.  Regardless, be well young man.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »
religions have been invented to deal with absurdity, randomness and the fear of death. Basically we invented, built, meaning. The only and ultimate truth is that before being religious, we re all animals fighting for limited ressources and partners of reproduction.
I have had zero interest of reproduction my entire life.  So has my wife.  Evolutionary, there are those of us who are stronger in other ways.  Reproduction was and is certainly not the goal for everyone, especially in our early days and even up to relatively modern times where the women died in childbirth the majority of the time.  You need to rethink this myth.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »
I have had zero interest of reproduction my entire life.  So has my wife.  Evolutionary, there are those of us who are stronger in other ways.  Reproduction was and is certainly not the goal for everyone, especially in our early days and even up to relatively modern times where the women died in childbirth the majority of the time.  You need to rethink this myth.

True.  One of my living brothers and his wife have but one child and the other (and his wife) have chosen not to have any.  Both couples are happy. My sister has two children.  She's not as happy as our brothers but that has nothing to do with her kids.

Speaking of happy...Dinner time!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »
True.  One of my living brothers and his wife have but one child and the other (and his wife) have chosen not to have any.  Both couples are happy. My sister has two children.  She's not as happy as our brothers but that has nothing to do with her kids.

Speaking of happy...Dinner time!
Same here!  Steak and loaded potatoes with some Ginger Molasses Cookies from The Model Bakery that I made earlier.  Just got finished doing German Volume Training with Squats.  Brutal, seeing nothing but stars and floaters.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2014, 07:26:54 PM »
Same here!  Steak and loaded potatoes with some Ginger Molasses Cookies from The Model Bakery that I made earlier.  Just got finished doing German Volume Training with Squats.  Brutal, seeing nothing but stars and floaters.

Sweet! Much better than my dinner of chicken, rice, vegetables and (!) freshly baked bread.  Still, I am enjoying it and it does get the job done.  I wonder if the pooch wants some? ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »
Who is 'gods' old man  ???

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2014, 09:17:36 PM »
religions have been invented to deal with absurdity, randomness and the fear of death. Basically we invented, built, meaning. The only and ultimate truth is that before being religious, we re all animals fighting for limited ressources and partners of reproduction.

I doubt that. Organized religions were invented and sustained by interested parties for money and other gains, like power and control. Fabricated bullshit extraordinaire. Once established it is fairly easy to keep the nonsense going.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2014, 08:36:28 AM »
There are only a few more days left in 2014. May want to extend your leave to half of 2015.  :D :D

Eh, it'll carryover into a bit of 2015 LOL  ;D

Give the board a chance to really dig in and sully the name of the Son of God!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2014, 08:37:58 AM »
I know it can be difficult and I also know that I can be a total butthead toward some of these folks some of the time.  But...You are a good man. 

Do not place your light under the bushel.  If you must, extinguish and set it upon the shelf for a while.  Rest and when you feel ready, re-light that candle until such time as you again feel the need to step  back.  There are people here that listen and learn from your observations and while their hearts may not change toward the Christ that does not mean they are not good folk. 

Be well.

;)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2014, 08:43:21 AM »
Eh, it'll carryover into a bit of 2015 LOL  ;D

Give the board a chance to really dig in and sully the name of the Son of God!
Did you take a look at the link? If so, what were your impressions?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Jesus is the son of god.
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »
Anyone wishing to read more about this, I suggest this website:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/cross_pagan_origins.htm

It's very informative.

It's always good to keep an open mind. I find the sun god theory very believable, when it comes to explaining the origins of christianity.

The basic outlines were used by many cultures and have evolved different characteristics over time and cultural backgrounds.

This concept seems so clear to me.

Scholarly response to the Jesus Myth Hypothesis:

"There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church's imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that any more."
Burridge, R & Gould, G, Jesus Now and Then, Wm. B. Eerdmans, 2004, p.34.

The classical historian Michael Grant writes:
"To sum up, modern critical methods fail to support the Christ myth theory. It has 'again and again been answered and annihilated by first rank scholars.' In recent years, 'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary."  

Michael Grant does not see the similarities between Christianity and pagan religions to be significant. Grant states that "Judaism was a milieu to which doctrines of the deaths and rebirths, of mythical gods seemed so entirely foreign that the emergence of such a fabrication from its midst is very hard to credit."
Grant, Michael (1995). Jesus: An Historian's Review of the Gospels. Scribner, 199. ISBN 978-0684818672 .

R.T. France points out that Christianity was actively opposed by both the Roman Empire and the Jewish authorities, and would have been utterly discredited if Jesus had been shown as a non-historical figure. He argues that there is evidence in Pliny, Josephus and other sources of the Roman and Jewish approaches at the time, and none of them involved this suggestion.

In response to Jesus-myth proponents who argue the lack of early non-Christian sources, or question their authenticity, R. T. France counters that "even the great histories of Tacitus have survived in only two manuscripts, which together contain scarcely half of what he is believed to have written, the rest is lost" and that the life of Jesus, from a Roman point of view, was not a major
event.

R.T France disagrees with the notion that the Apostle Paul did not speak of Jesus as a physical being. He argues that arguments from silence are unreliable and that there are several references to historical facts about Jesus's life in Paul's letters, such as that Jesus "who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David" (Romans 1:3, TNIV).
France, RT (1986). Evidence for Jesus (Jesus Library). Trafalgar Square Publishing, 19-20. ISBN 0340381728.  

Supporting a historical Jesus
Bovon, François (2006). The Last Days of Jesus, trans. Kristin Hennessy; Louisville: Westminster, John Knox. ISBN 0664230075.

Burridge, Richard A. (2006). Four Gospels, One Jesus? A Symbolic Reading, 2nd edn., Grand Rapids:Eerdmans. ISBN 0802829805 .

Charlesworth, James H. (ed.) (2006). Jesus and Archaeology. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans. ISBN 080284880X.  

Grant, Michael [1977] (1999). Jesus. London: Phoenix. ISBN 0-75380-899-4.  

Komoszewski, J. Ed ; et al (2006). Reinventing Jesus. Kregel Publications. ISBN 082542982X.  

Meier, John P. A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus, 3 vols., New York: Doubleday.  
(1991) The Roots of the Problem and the Person. ISBN 0-385-26425-9 .

(1994) Mentor, Message, and Miracles. ISBN 0-385-46992-6 .  

(2001) Companions and Competitors. ISBN 0-385-46993-4 .  

Sanders, E. P. (1993). The Historical Figure of Jesus. London: Allen Lane. ISBN 0-7139-9059-7.  

Theissen, Gerd; and Annette Merz (1998). The Historical Jesus: A Comprehensive Guide , trans. John Bowden, Minneapolis: Fortress Press. ISBN 0-8006-3123-4.  

Wright, NT (1996). The New Testament and the People of God. Augsburg Fortress Publishers. ISBN 0800626818.  

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2014, 09:11:21 AM »
I never claimed that Jesus (the man) never existed.

In my opinion, it is more of a Christ myth than a Jesus one.

The man may have existed, but the tales, legends, and myths surrounding Christ after death (including the bible) borrow heavily from the pagan religions that came before it.

Frankly, it just makes the most sense to me.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »
The man may have existed, but the tales, legends, and myths surrounding Christ after death (including the bible) borrow heavily from the pagan religions that came before it.

And what are these "tales, legends, and myths"?  Please do list them and then list where anything about Jesus Christ was borrowed "heavily" from pagan religions that came "before it."  Please substantiate your bold claims!