Author Topic: Jesus is The Sun of God.  (Read 26591 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Jesus is the sun of god.
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 06:21:34 AM »
The Apostle Peter was crucified upside down for his faith in the Christ.  If it were a lie, no one have died for it.  Including the Christ.

Believe as you wish. 

Be well.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 06:28:35 AM »
The Apostle Peter was crucified upside down for his faith in the Christ.  If it were a lie, no one have died for it.  Including the Christ.

Believe as you wish. 

Be well.

There are people willing to die for Christ now. We all know the people willing to die for Islam.

Does not make either of them any more real because of it.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 06:33:02 AM »
Peter walked with Jesus of Nazareth.  Muslims are more than willing to kill for their faith than die for it.  Of course you have suicide bombers in Islam.    That along with the life of Mohammed speaks volumes.  Christ says choose.  Mohammed says submit.

As stated believe what you wish.  I will do likewise.

Be well.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 06:39:47 AM »
Multiple "ways" cancel every way by default, in my opinion.

People born on a isolated island would have no concept of our gods.  They would create their own.

The only universal human trait is the fear of oblivion.

There is no canceling out. There are many paths to Rome, some are quicker, some are not. Some are dead ends, and some are the same. And then some lead you to others.

In order for people to be born on an isolated island, their parents had to come from somewhere.
And, if people are isolated, they would probably come up with their own Gods.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 06:48:47 AM »
There is no canceling out. There are many paths to Rome, some are quicker, some are not. Some are dead ends, and some are the same. And then some lead you to others.

In order for people to be born on an isolated island, their parents had to come from somewhere.
And, if people are isolated, they would probably come up with their own Gods.
I just said that Parker  ???

I just dont understand how multiple religions supposedly hold the only key to paradise/heaven etc..

That just sounds stupid to me right off of the bat.

I feel sorry for those sad sacks that had to carve all of those stone heads on Easter Island. I bet they didnt know about Christ.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 06:50:22 AM »
The cross is a pagan symbol.

Christianity is also a religion that borrows off of many older ones.

The use of the cross as a religious symbol in pre-Christian times, and among non-Christian peoples, may probably be regarded as almost universal, and in very many cases it was connected with some form of nature worship."
(The Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th edition, 1910, volume 7, page 506)

When the Council of Nicea took place, the Emperor Constantine

-       Declared the Roman Sun-day to be the Christian Sabbath.

-       Adopted the traditional birthday of the Sun-god, and the twenty-fifth of December, as the birthday of Jesus;

-       Borrowed the emblem of the Sun-god, the cross of light, to be the emblem of Christianity;

-       And, although the statue of Jesus replaced the idol of the Sun-god, decided to incorporate all the ceremonies which were performed at the Sub-gods birthday celebrations into their own ceremonies.

“The Christian religion is a parody on the worship of the Sun, in which they put a man whom they call Christ, in the place of the Sun, and pay him the same adoration which was originally paid to the Sun.”
- Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

The scholar Tom Harper states:

“The divine teacher is called, is tested by the “adversary”, gathers disciples, heals the sick, preaches the Good News about God’s kingdom, finally runs afoul of his bitter enemies, suffers, dies, and is resurrected after three days. This is the total pattern of the sun god in all the ancient dramas”. (The Pagan Christ, p. 145)

It is all made up. Hope this helps.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 06:51:32 AM »
It is all made up. Hope this helps.
The cliff notes version  :D

And it does help.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 06:55:12 AM »

I just dont understand how multiple religions supposedly hold the only key to paradise/heaven etc..

I feel sorry for those sad sacks that had to carve all of those stone heads on Easter Island. I bet they didnt know about Christ.

And logic says they would not be held accountable on that note but rather on the way they lived their lives.  If we who are ignorant men can easily discern between right and wrong, good and evil, just and unjust, how much more so the One who created us?

And I know I have told you this before but no one, not a one of us knows what awaits us at our final breath.  Only the dead know and they're not talking.  I have no idea if my faith is right for all but I do know that it is right for me.  I will not make you wear the same shoes as I nor will I demand that you even wear shoes.

What is so difficult  to fathom here?  The answer -

Nothing.

As always, be well.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 07:06:55 AM »

They live on Easter Island.  Easter Island.  And they never heard of Jesus.  Fine, if that's their story.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 07:09:03 AM »
And logic says they would not be held accountable on that note but rather on the way they lived their lives.  If we who are ignorant men can easily discern between right and wrong, good and evil, just and unjust, how much more so the One who created us?
And I know I have told you this before but no one, not a one of us knows what awaits us at our final breath.  Only the dead know and they're not talking.  I have no idea if my faith is right for all but I do know that it is right for me.  I will not make you wear the same shoes as I nor will I demand that you even wear shoes.

What is so difficult  to fathom here?  The answer -

Nothing.

As always, be well.
That is a vey good statement. Chiro Flex should get that tattooed on his other arm.

But you are right, I can absolutely believe in that statement without being religious. My theory, is that an all-powerfull, all-seeing, and all-knowing god would appreciate and understand my questioning mind.

If I am to be judged by an "higher-power" upon death, I will be judged on how I lived my life, not by passing a basket at church or reading 2,000+ year old rehashings of paganism.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2014, 07:10:58 AM »
They live on Easter Island.  Easter Island.  And they never heard of Jesus.  Fine, if that's their story.
Hmmm.......I never even thought of the correlation until now. How did the island get it's name?

Maybe we are slowly unlocking the secrets of the universe in this thread?  :o

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2014, 07:14:03 AM »
religions have been invented to deal with absurdity, randomness and the fear of death. Basically we invented, built, meaning. The only and ultimate truth is that before being religious, we re all animals fighting for limited ressources and partners of reproduction.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2014, 07:14:59 AM »
The cross is a pagan symbol.

Christianity is also a religion that borrows off of many older ones.

The use of the cross as a religious symbol in pre-Christian times, and among non-Christian peoples, may probably be regarded as almost universal, and in very many cases it was connected with some form of nature worship."
(The Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th edition, 1910, volume 7, page 506)

When the Council of Nicea took place, the Emperor Constantine

-       Declared the Roman Sun-day to be the Christian Sabbath.

-       Adopted the traditional birthday of the Sun-god, and the twenty-fifth of December, as the birthday of Jesus;

-       Borrowed the emblem of the Sun-god, the cross of light, to be the emblem of Christianity;

-       And, although the statue of Jesus replaced the idol of the Sun-god, decided to incorporate all the ceremonies which were performed at the Sub-gods birthday celebrations into their own ceremonies.

“The Christian religion is a parody on the worship of the Sun, in which they put a man whom they call Christ, in the place of the Sun, and pay him the same adoration which was originally paid to the Sun.”
- Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

The scholar Tom Harper states:

“The divine teacher is called, is tested by the “adversary”, gathers disciples, heals the sick, preaches the Good News about God’s kingdom, finally runs afoul of his bitter enemies, suffers, dies, and is resurrected after three days. This is the total pattern of the sun god in all the ancient dramas”. (The Pagan Christ, p. 145)

Christianity didn't borrow anything, it was how Jesus was murdered so that is why it is represented in Christianity.  If Jesus was killed by having a rock tied around him and thrown in water, then that's the symbol that Christian people would wear around their necks.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2014, 07:15:16 AM »
That is a vey good statement. Chiro Flex should get that tattooed on his other arm.

But you are right, I can absolutely believe in that statement without being religious. My theory, is that an all-powerfull, all-seeing, and all-knowing god would appreciate and understand my questioning mind.

If I am to be judged by an "higher-power" upon death, I will be judged on how I lived my life, not by passing a basket at church or reading 2,000+ year old rehashings of paganism.

God needs neither your money nor your worship.  The evil that men do, even when they claim to do it in the name of God is done for their own gain.  I put no stock in religion nor man.  I have my faith (such as it is) and with that faith comes hope.  

Look at what Jesus of Nazareth did and taught.  I find no fault in any of it.  

I am done for now, be well sir.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2014, 07:17:49 AM »
Idk.  They shoulda called it Big Assed Carved Stone Heads Island.  Seems like their primary industry.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2014, 07:30:17 AM »
Christianity didn't borrow anything, it was how Jesus was murdered so that is why it is represented in Christianity.  If Jesus was killed by having a rock tied around him and thrown in water, then that's the symbol that Christian people would wear around their necks.
Its not just about the cross (which is pagan in origin)

Read the link.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2014, 07:34:17 AM »
Christianity/Catholicism has the most backward logic ever.

Murder 100 children, but repent, you go to heaven.

Do good your whole life, but you're not a believer, go to hell.

Any God that would rather sit next to a child murder because he repented, as opposed to a nonbeliever who never did harm, is an asshole.

And the whole idea, "Well, the murderer repented and was truly saved" save it. Person is still a despicable scumbag.

Very sound logic on God's part.
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2014, 07:36:58 AM »

Well said.  I rarely wear a cross around my neck preferring instead to hold its meaning within my heart.
I am far from perfect and this is witnessed by my recent failings here and in the real world. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2014, 07:44:21 AM »
Lets meet up tomorrow. Sun-day  :-*
Sun...........I am disappoint.   :(

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2014, 07:44:51 AM »
Well said.  I rarely wear a cross around my neck preferring instead to hold its meaning within my heart.
I am far from perfect and this is witnessed by my recent failings here and in the real world. 
I thought god forbode the usage of symbolism?

What is the purpose of the cross then?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »
I just said that Parker  ???

Make Make is ancient 'god' of Rapa Nui (Easter Island) ,hips of Make Make carvings at Orongo  location, Moai statues, not just heads.
Locals stoned first 2 missionaries  :D
Use to be interesting place but gone too commercial, now too many Chileans live there.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2014, 05:33:11 PM »
I thought god forbode the usage of symbolism?

What is the purpose of the cross then?
I do
Nope. Idols, yes.  I make nothing man made the object of my faith.  While I often fail the very center of what I hold true is the message of Jesus of Nazareth.  Some don't care for Him but usually I just do what I do as do they.  Big deal. 

I shall grant you this.  If my brother thinks it a sin to eat meat, I may (or may not) eat meat around him.  Some have said why would you wear a "murder weapon" (i.e., a cross) around you neck.

I don't consider it such, that's why.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2014, 07:41:51 PM »
 ::)  another anti-Christ thread....think I'm done with these for 2014.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2014, 07:44:23 PM »
::)  another anti-Christ thread....think I'm done with these for 2014.

There are only a few more days left in 2014. May want to extend your leave to half of 2015.  :D :D
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2014, 07:45:32 PM »
There are only a few more days left in 2014. May want to extend your leave to half of 2015.  :D :D

;D  You have a point there, sir!   ;D