Author Topic: Creatine - Is it worth taking for a natural?  (Read 5831 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Creatine - Is it worth taking for a natural?
« on: February 26, 2014, 07:03:33 PM »
Is it worth taking for a natural?

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Creatine
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:06:11 PM »
If you want a hell of a placebo effect that gives you an extra 50lbs on your bench
sure

the trainer

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
These are the supplements that actually work

creatine
multi vitamin
joint supplement
Protein powder

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »
If you want a hell of a placebo effect that gives you an extra 50lbs on your bench
sure

Eh I took it when I was starting out maybe 15 years ago and who knows if it helped, gains come so easily as a beginner.  My assumption would be just placebo, but I figured that with all of the know-it-alls on here somebody must have taken the time to do the research and figure out if it does anything but bloat you.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 07:14:21 PM »
Laugh all you want but if you're natural creatine is a MUST. And yes, its absolutely does work. It's the most proven and effective supplement for strength gains on the market thats NOT an AAS.

I've gotten great gains off of creatine. It usually turns my 8rep max into 10reps for 2 sets in 3 weeks.  I know lots of people say you don't need to cycle it but for strength gains you do. It will give you a boost for the first month then after you're saturated it's back to programming but with increased muscular endurance.

After another month of being off you'll keep your strength gains but lose some endurance.

I can usually do about 3-4 cycles a year where i'm guaranteed strength gains from creatine with very little programming. Just bullrush those 8 reps and try to do more ... and it happens. And funny shit how you think after a 10rep max pr that you can't do another set and get 10 more reps... but with the magic of creatine it happens.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 07:23:01 PM »
These are the supplements that actually work

creatine
multi vitamin
joint supplement
Protein powder

If someone were broke as shit and they asked which supplements they should buy I would say:

1. Creatine
2. Fish oil

And you know what? Thats all you really need.
A

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 07:34:25 PM »
If someone were broke as shit and they asked which supplements they should buy I would say:

1. Creatine
2. Fish oil

And you know what? Thats all you really need.

Yeah I just might go for both of those...

TheShape

• Getbig III
Re: Creatine - Is it worth taking for a natural?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
Creatine works, but I hate taking it because my stomach gets messed up from it. Glutamine is also a must for a natural.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »
Creatine has alway worked really good for me, at first.  Then I retain too much water.

the trainer

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »
Creatine has alway worked really good for me, at first.  Then I retain too much water.

try kre alkalyn this form of creatine does not bloat you.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
make sure you take it with grape juice that's the key.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »

Thanks I'll try it. 

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 09:35:42 PM »

will that take my gains from 1000 to 2000%?

seriously though where's the best place to buy creatine online, i.e. cheapest for a major brand.  Does Costco sell it?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »
Yes it is the only one u should spend your money on. The rest should go towards food.

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »
What have you found best when cycling it? 6 weeks on, 6 off? Ive got a bottle here of pure monohydrate I'd like to start using again.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 09:44:35 PM »
What have you found best when cycling it? 6 weeks on, 6 off? Ive got a bottle here of pure monohydrate I'd like to start using again.
You can get what u need from it using 5 grams on workout days.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »

4- 6 weeks on 2-3 months off. .

If you hop on too soon from the last cycle you won't see those true strength gains...only endurance. Your muscle still has a lot of creatine stored in it.

I recommend cycling mainly for strength tho. If muscle gains are your concern just stay on and you should benefit from the increased endurance in training.
A

the trainer

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 09:55:10 PM »

This is wrong half of the suger in grape juice is low glycemic, you need high glycemic  carbs like dextrose or some mash potato that works best.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 09:56:30 PM »
Jesus Christ people read a fucking article once in a while before spouting off your random horseshit make believe fun facts...

Lol no. Just spouting off random bullshit perpetrated by supplement companies to milk you for $70.

Creatine monohydrate is all you need and it is $20 for 2lbs of the shit...Cheap and effective.

Eh I took it when I was starting out maybe 15 years ago and who knows if it helped, gains come so easily as a beginner.  My assumption would be just placebo, but I figured that with all of the know-it-alls on here somebody must have taken the time to do the research and figure out if it does anything but bloat you.

You say this word "bloat" but I don't think you know what it means.

Bloat: Bloating is any abnormal general swelling, or increase in diameter of the abdominal area.

Some people get gas and such from eating any raw powders like glutamine, creatine, fiber powder, etc...Has nothing to do with the creatine itself it's the fact that it's basically a non easily digestible powder..A 2 minute gas bubble is not "bloating"

Creatine has alway worked really good for me, at first.  Then I retain too much water.

Just plain clueless...Clueless. Creatine has no effect on "water retention" Again I think you have no clue of the meaning.

Water retention: An abnormal accumulation of fluid in the circulatory system or within the tissues or cavities of the body.

Creatine does some very minor things to muscle cells' intracellular fluid...On a microscopic cellular level within the muscle cells...Hello..Fluids are what give muscle any size whatsoever lol...A huge % of muscle tissue is water..

Absolutely creatine is one of the most valuable supplements for overall well being you can get..For the money it is completely undeniable $20 for 2lbs of the stuff which is like a 180 day supply..

If you care to know all the positive benefits to supplementing creatine MONOHYDRATE that go way beyond muscles or strength read this article.
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/new_uses_for_creatine

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »

You do not cycle creatine for jesus fucking god's sake man...How are you this clueless..The shit has been around since the fucking 80's.

It's food..Do you cycle fucking chicken? beef? Do you cycle fucking potatoes.

Cycling fucking creatine..You have creatine in your fucking body as we speak...Why would you "load" it or "cycle" it just start fucking taking it and take it forever it's fucking food...

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 10:00:11 PM »
4- 6 weeks on 2-3 months off. .

If you hop on too soon from the last cycle you won't see those true strength gains...only endurance. Your muscle still has a lot of creatine stored in it.

I recommend cycling mainly for strength tho. If muscle gains are your concern just stay on and you should benefit from the increased endurance in training.

This idiot has got to be trolling. Lol pure comedy.

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 10:02:05 PM »
Lol @ creatine cycles

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 10:02:57 PM »
You do not cycle creatine for jesus fucking god's sake man...How are you this clueless..The shit has been around since the fucking 80's.

It's food..Do you cycle fucking chicken? beef? Do you cycle fucking potatoes.

Cycling fucking creatine..You have creatine in your fucking body as we speak...Why would you "load" it or "cycle" it just start fucking taking it and take it forever it's fucking food...
It's been proven that using creatine long-term as a supplement causes creatinine levels to go above desirable thresholds into the unhealthy range, affecting kidney function

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »
And yes, it does work.
I started using it when I trained natural when Mark Maguire and Sosa were putting the spotlight on it.
Made very significant strength gains. I was pleasantly surprised.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »
Lol @ creatine cycles

So tell me... Do those strength increases remain constant throughout the duration you're on creatine? The answer is no. Everyone who has taken creatine should know after the first month and ahalf the strength increases slow down. You're not gonna put on 30lbs on your bench every month for the entire year you're on creatine. This first month and half, yes, but not every month the entire year.

This is why you cycle.
A