Author Topic: Know your Whey  (Read 5179 times)

body88

Re: Know your Whey
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2008, 08:24:07 PM »
Body 88 Most of the time its not the protein that messes people up, its all the fillers and shit they put in the products.
Thats why the less ingredients a product has the better.Some companies put fillers, thickening agents, Purines ( pestasides)and artificial sweeteners in the products.
Thats why is best to find a product like True Protein, AST, Bio -Plex, or even Extreme Labs, that make product they dont contain a crap load of ingredients.Plus to avoid stomach distress do the math like I said before, and if you have a sensitive stomach, avoid any protein that is less then 80% pure protein.
(Even Species protein doesnt seem that bad)

Thanks, how do you feel about iso, anyway?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »
what do u think of species isolyze?

I was really impressed when I first saw this; Dave gave me some to try after last year's Team Universe.  Its 27/29 = 93%! WPI

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
EWA ,Please stay away from xantham gum and Guar Gum, those are cheap filler that cause bloating and stomach distress.
They have no buissness being in a good quality clean protein
Benz, the FDA, leaves me alone because we have a good reputation, and we follow there guidelines.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »
EWA ,Please stay away from xantham gum and Guar Gum, those are cheap filler that cause bloating and stomach distress.
Benz, the FDA, leaves me alone because we have a good reputation, and we follow there guidelines.

nice man, thanks for sharing. Feel free to send me a free sample (i just need 10kg) of your whey  :)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2008, 08:36:11 PM »
i've used a few extreme labs products.  it's good quality stuff.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »
Time released proteins were developed well before 1995. I wouldn't touch a product of yours, the labels are probably all lies like your statements here.
I am a big baby

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »

Why do they add those?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2008, 08:37:35 PM »
i've used a few UG lab products.  it's good quality stuff.

:o

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2008, 08:49:12 PM »
Forget whey protein.  If you want to get jacked, drink Weider Mega Mass 2000 by the gallon.  The Dutch Chocolate is awesome!
(

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
Time released proteins were developed well before 1995. I wouldn't touch a product of yours, the labels are probably all lies like your statements here.

Of course you wouldnt...not when you get your protein directly from the tap.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2008, 08:51:23 PM »
ORIGINAL ::)
I am a big baby

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »

BOOM!

Elite gets outed for getting his protien straight from the penis  ;D

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »
please do getbig all a favor and stop posting tonight...if we have to read any more of your crap our heads are gonna explode...please turn off your computer and do something else w/ your life

Please do all of getbig a favor and stop posting permanently.   We're tired of  reading your gaytrolling posts with your inane gay worshiping and lies.  Please do your parents a solid and kill yourself to avoid embarrassing them further. They've suffered enough with your constant failures.   ;D

Why don't you go look for your fictional fiancee' pics? 

:D :D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2008, 09:52:51 PM »
ORIGINAL ::)

Original....yet the truth....which makes it worse.

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:30 PM »
This is a little off topic, but I noticed you told Ewa to stay away from guar gum. What do you think of this fiber supplement made of hydrolyzed guar gum?  www.taiyolucid.com/sunfiber.htm
Team Willet
Max-OT

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »
Unless Isolyze contains all of it's protein from WPI-97 (that is 97.4% Whey Protein Isolate) there is absolutely no way this product tests out at 0 g fat and 0 g carb with that much protein.  I have never seen WPI-97 on it's own (that is not blended with other protein grades) commercially available because it costs way too much money.   WPI-97 97% (which is the highest concentrated whey isolate able to be manufactured) contains just 97.4% protein by weight.  The remaining 2.6% is made of small amounts of lactose, fat, water and ash (a.k.a. minerals).  

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2008, 10:58:52 PM »
Unless Isolyze contains all of it's protein from WPI-97 (that is 97.4% Whey Protein Isolate) there is absolutely no way this product tests out at 0 g fat and 0 g carb with that much protein.  I have never seen WPI-97 on it's own (that is not blended with other protein grades) commercially available because it costs way too much money.   WPI-97 97% (which is the highest concentrated whey isolate able to be manufactured) contains just 97.4% protein by weight.  The remaining 2.6% is made of small amounts of lactose, fat, water and ash (a.k.a. minerals).  
have u seen how expensive isolyze is?? i wouldnt be suprised if he did use that type of protein.

Get a jug of it and test it out scott.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2008, 11:12:59 PM »
Please do all of getbig a favor and stop posting permanently.   We're tired of  reading your gaytrolling posts with your inane gay worshiping and lies.  Please do your parents a solid and kill yourself to avoid embarrassing them further. They've suffered enough with your constant failures.   ;D

Why don't you go look for your fictional fiancee' pics? 

:D :D

did natural fag got ever post the pics of his alleged fiancee after saying he would, or did his boyfriend become camera shy?
b

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2008, 09:10:37 AM »
did natural fag got ever post the pics of his alleged fiancee after saying he would, or did his boyfriend become camera shy?
no, he is as he always was a lying gaytroll
I am a big baby

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »
no, he is as he always was a lying gaytroll

Exactly the kind of troll you are regarding John.  Still waiting on a pic "elite_lifter"  ::)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »
Scott has a good point.I have my protein assayed by 2 independent, but very reputable laboratories,Miller Labs,and MVTL Labs.
Most "so-called" Whey Protein Isolates fall flat on there ass when they get tested.I have had raw material suppliers tell me they have a 97-98% Whey Protein Isolate, but when they get assayes most come up anywhere from 89-93%.The highest percentage of protein I have ever seen come up in an assay from a 97% Whey Protein Isolate have was 93.2%.
The problem is I have assayed alot of Whey Protein Isolates from suppliers that would come up as low as 78%.On average most Whey Protein Isolates when properly tested usually assay at around 87-91%.
We do private labeling and contract manufacturing for 14 diffrent companies right now.This one company we do alot of protein for sent us a bottles of Pro Lab Whey Protein Isolate 2lbs container.They wanted us to make them a product that tasted, and was similar to the Pro Lab Whey Protein Isolate.We had it assayed and it came up at 74% protein, which is pretty fat off from 89-90% .Needless to say the company changed there mind when reality hit them.
I have found that there are some Whey Protein brokers, who are not always honest.I have seen assays of so-called Whey Protein Isolates be as low as 71%, yet they claimed it was 90%.
I randomly assay all my protein that comes in to make sure I am getting what I pay for.So far I have only had like 3 batches that were slightly off, and they replaced them.I purchase around 15,0000-40,0000 lbs of protein per month, depending on what we have going on in manufacturing.So I know what I am talking about when it comes to protein.
I will be honest with you most Whey Protein Isolates when tested usually come in at around 85-91% protein, depending on the vendor, and the price you pay.Even if you buy 5000 lbs of Whey protein Isolate the stuff is not cheap.
Thats why Iso-Pure, VP2, Bio-Plex ,and True Protein charge alot for there Whey Protein Isolates, because they are paying alot.If Isolize is really 93% protein it would cost twice as much to make that protein then it would cost to make Nitro-Tech.
The reason for this is Nitro-Tech is only 70% protein,and Whey Protein Isolate costs about 2 times as much as inexpensive Whey Concentrates.
The bottom line is this, stick with reputable companies, that have a good track record.If it sounds to good to be true it usually is

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2008, 12:30:18 PM »
GetItOnNY knows his shit.  He's also known as gh15.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2008, 12:31:34 PM »
I am not GH-15 I can promise you that.He has much more drug knowledge them I do

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2008, 01:26:23 PM »
trust me friend,,,you are him. my software doesn't lie.  8)

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
Anyway, we appreciate your advice on all supplements.  With both accounts considered, you're probably the very best expert going right now.  Thank you again.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►