Author Topic: Damn cheap protein powder!!!  (Read 15086 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Damn cheap protein powder!!!
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:20:56 AM »
Fck me, I can not believe I am going through this.

During the mid weeks of my prep I was drinking 2-3 whey isolate shakes per day with 1/2 cup oats mixed in. I was doing great, hadn't had a protein shake in several years and was really happy to be doing so well after adding in the isolate.

So, I lost my job, I got greedy, I bought a cheap "blended protein" from a nutrition store I will not name...It's got concentrate isolate and potassium casseinate. never again!!! Right away I started with the gas, loud hot obnoxious gas that burns red hot on the way out. Right from the first shake! I spend $60 on the stuff so I have been forcing myself to drink it but damn, the water weight is insane!!! I am not even sure I'm still losing bodyfat. Cut back to 2 shakes a day and my farts rip through my sheets at night like a hot hairdryer was shoved up my ass. My abs are washed out, I feel soft like a woman.

Wtf is this shit??? Who the hell drinks this stuff and doesn't notice how awful it makes you feel? Never again!! Sticking with isolate straight up.

I didn't listen to Gh15 and got what I deserve...so shitty...

What isolate does everyone like these days? Is isopure still great? Or is there better I can buy at vitamin shoppe or gnc?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Damn cheap protein powder!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:23:25 AM »
who drinks "protein powders" anyway..unless its for free.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:35:08 AM »
who drinks "protein powders" anyway..unless its for free.

Seemed convenient...I still want to go back to isolate.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:44:42 AM »
although i always bought a lot of these powders i came to the conclusion it doesnt matter if your not taking them. its a scam.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:38 AM »
although i always bought a lot of these powders i came to the conclusion it doesnt matter if your not taking them. its a scam.

They are convenient though Mars, like when you have nothing else to eat. I think protein powders are great for their convenience.
I hate the State.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 03:03:19 AM »
Why do you not want to say the name of the Protein and brand? If it's a shitty product you should let people know.

I think meal replacement drinks are useful. Sometimes you just don't have time to eat. If your choice is skipping a meal or drinking some Up Your Mass or CytoGainer I don't see why not. Most of us don't live an ideal life style conducive to bodybuilding. You gotta do what you gotta do.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 03:07:00 AM »
I solely use pure whey concentrate (82%) from MyProtein.co.uk and I've been using it for about two or three years now - I used to use their isolate (95%) version but it was getting too expensive and to be honest I didn't notice a difference when I moved down to using concentrate. It seems to work fine for me so I'm just going to keep using it.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 04:10:25 AM »
They are convenient though Mars, like when you have nothing else to eat. I think protein powders are great for their convenience.

i always laugh when people say one brand of protein is good, as if the progress you "make" with it is measureable.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 04:44:47 AM »
Isopure or intrapro by gasparinutrition. The only 2 that sit well with me

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 05:11:29 AM »

While I agree that the 'claims' made by these companies are outrageous, sometimes its a matter of speed of food intake.  Also, not cool to have broccoli and beer can chicken burps when talking to people face to face.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 05:15:55 AM »
Fck me, I can not believe I am going through this.

During the mid weeks of my prep I was drinking 2-3 whey isolate shakes per day with 1/2 cup oats mixed in. I was doing great, hadn't had a protein shake in several years and was really happy to be doing so well after adding in the isolate.

So, I lost my job, I got greedy, I bought a cheap "blended protein" from a nutrition store I will not name...It's got concentrate isolate and potassium casseinate. never again!!! Right away I started with the gas, loud hot obnoxious gas that burns red hot on the way out. Right from the first shake! I spend $60 on the stuff so I have been forcing myself to drink it but damn, the water weight is insane!!! I am not even sure I'm still losing bodyfat. Cut back to 2 shakes a day and my farts rip through my sheets at night like a hot hairdryer was shoved up my ass. My abs are washed out, I feel soft like a woman.

Wtf is this shit??? Who the hell drinks this stuff and doesn't notice how awful it makes you feel? Never again!! Sticking with isolate straight up.

I didn't listen to Gh15 and got what I deserve...so shitty...

What isolate does everyone like these days? Is isopure still great? Or is there better I can buy at vitamin shoppe or gnc?

Isopure is fine, especially when you get a 12-pack of Isopure RTDs for $10 as I just did.

It appears you got a brand that didn't have the lactose removed. That may explain the gas and bloating.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »
I was really leaning toward getting Isopure, thanks for the input guys.

I know a lot of people read this site, I do not want to say anything negative that might come back to bite me later.

The K caseinate should give it away right away, I have never seen the ingredient elsewhere...

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 05:48:21 AM »
"drinking 2-3 whey isolate shakes per day with 1/2 cup oats mixed in" = LOL.

Take the shite back to the store for a refund ! fuk grow some balls and grow up and eat normal food.
K

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 06:10:11 AM »
i always laugh when people say one brand of protein is good, as if the progress you "make" with it is measureable.
hahaha no joke, those tools are actually associate a protein powders "quality" with taste. So if it tastes like candy, its good. Stupid people.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 06:15:06 AM »
hahaha no joke, those tools are actually associate a protein powders "quality" with taste. So if it tastes like candy, its good. Stupid people.

"Are you on the Protein" ?? - fat purma bulker asked me this one time in the gym, he then when on to tell me I needed 250 grams a day.
K

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 06:16:01 AM »

Pretty sure I am just hoping for a protein source that doesn't make me bloat and fart all to hell here haha. Screw taste, I just want something my digestive system agrees with!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 06:20:49 AM »
Pretty sure I am just hoping for a protein source that doesn't make me bloat and fart all to hell here haha. Screw taste, I just want something my digestive system agrees with!

return it for a refund, where is it from ShiteMart or some white trash super store ? why would you keep ingesting a poison ? that is what your body is telling you ---> poison. 
K

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 06:21:07 AM »
AST VP2 is the best isolate that i've used.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 06:32:13 AM »
There are some pretty good brands ..you just have to do a little research by your own to find out..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 08:49:15 AM »
I was really leaning toward getting Isopure, thanks for the input guys.

I know a lot of people read this site, I do not want to say anything negative that might come back to bite me later.

The K caseinate should give it away right away, I have never seen the ingredient elsewhere...

Again, you're probably allergic to caseinate or got a brand with too much lactose.

Do a little shopping at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and, with a little patience, you can find some IsoPure (or other whey isolate products like ABB's Maxx Recovery) on clearance.

"drinking 2-3 whey isolate shakes per day with 1/2 cup oats mixed in" = LOL.

Take the shite back to the store for a refund ! fuk grow some balls and grow up and eat normal food.

One, oatmeal is normal food.

Two, what makes you think he isn't eating regular food? From where did this stupid notion come that, if you take shakes, you're doing so instead of eating normal food (as oppose to taking them IN ADDITION to eating regular meals)?

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »
There are some pretty good brands ..you just have to do a little research by your own to find out..
Hold up -  are you telling me my stack of cell mass, syntha 6 and no explode is not going to give me steroid like gains?????????

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 09:04:14 AM »
2 cups flavored yogurt+16 ounces milk+banana=cheap protein shake

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
I always look for something that blends easily with water, has no lactose, possibly a mixture of different proteins, a good array of vitamins/minerals and enough BCAA's to surpass what a pill would give.

I will mix a scoop in with a variety of drinks, depending on how I'm feeling.

I have pure egg whites ~ they mix well in almost anything, I have Lactaid, Soy milk and all the greeny drinks that have spinach, brocolli, wheat grass, etc.

If the protein doesn't mix or blend well, I'm not drinking it. You can assume the same thing will happen in your stomach.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 09:30:55 AM »
Protein powders are for suckers.

Eat food.

Hope this helps.
G

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 10:06:39 AM »
Whey is a commodity and is very expensive to make.  Protein powders are the lowest margin item on any supplement companies line, especially isolate as isolate is even more costly to produce.

I recommend drinking egg whites.  It really is better for u, it wont blow ur waste line, and its actually real food!  It does have high sodium though so keep that in mind.

If you are for some ignorant reason heart set on a protein powder then use All Max Nutritions IsoFLEX or Species ISOLYZE.  They both taste awesome, low sodium, and 0 carb, 0 fat.  Dave Palumbo actually told me that he has pro's call him directly and order some ISOLYZE for their prep under the table so it doesn't interfere with their sponsorships.  He may have just been bullshitting to push his line on me, but we were riding together in his car, and wasn't exactly a situation where he'd be product pitching + he knows I wouldn't spend my money on that.