Author Topic: Ginsburg dead  (Read 9970 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Ginsburg dead
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 08:29:07 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2020, 08:30:55 PM »
Trump needs to fill the spot ASAP

I’m sure he will. Under 50 days left I can’t see him missing this opportunity

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 08:49:00 PM »
The dumb bitch Sotomayor said that a judge's job is to legislate from the bench.

Excuse me?

A judge's job is to ENFORCE LAW, WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THOSE LAWS OR NOT.  It is up to lawmakers/legislators to actually change the laws.

Whether those laws are fair or not.  A good Supreme Court judge [or good judge, period] will enforce the laws as written.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2020, 08:53:31 PM »

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 09:43:22 PM »
The dumb bitch Sotomayor said that a judge's job is to legislate from the bench.

Excuse me?

A judge's job is to ENFORCE LAW, WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THOSE LAWS OR NOT.  It is up to lawmakers/legislators to actually change the laws.

Whether those laws are fair or not.  A good Supreme Court judge [or good judge, period] will enforce the laws as written.

The Supreme Courts job is to enforce the constitution and to ensure that law passed by Congress are constitutional... but I get what you are saying
While I vehemently disagree with most (if not all of Ginsburgs record) I do respect her story... I can disagree with someone without hating them.
That being said - I do hope there is a chance to install a new justice that isn’t so radically left... we need a true Libertarian justice - one that understands that the federal government should be as SMALL as possible.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2020, 09:50:18 PM »
Quote the Raven never more.
a

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2020, 10:31:45 PM »
I remember when Mitch McConnell put forth the argument under Obama that since it was February and the election was in November that they should allow the next president to choose. Now all you God fearing Americans on this board that are Republican, who really thinks Mitch is gonna say that now?

Cocaine Mitch said this was only when the Senate and President were of different parties.  Try again

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2020, 10:35:00 PM »
Ginsburg's death comes just weeks before Democrats hope to win the White House and potentially a Senate majority, given Joe Biden's lead in the polls. But Republicans will hold the Senate at least until Jan. 3, and Trump the presidency at least until Jan. 20, giving them a chance to gain a 6-3 conservative majority on the court.

National Public Radio reported that Ginsburg dictated a statement to her granddaughter shortly before her death, in which she said: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

The president and Senate Republicans, led by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have little time to nominate and confirm a successor before facing voters. If they lose the White House or Senate in November, Republicans might have a harder time confirming a Trump nominee during a lame-duck session at year's end. But McConnell has vowed to "leave no vacancy behind."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-234532489.html

If your last words to your granddaughter are about politics, you have wasted your life

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2020, 11:29:15 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2020, 12:40:14 AM »

Cant do it...would be easily stalled before election but I'm sure he'll tey

Shut up, you idiot.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2020, 02:29:11 AM »

Excuse me?

The Supreme Courts job is to enforce the constitution and to ensure that law passed by Congress are constitutional... but I get what you are saying
While I vehemently disagree with most (if not all of Ginsburgs record) I do respect her story... I can disagree with someone without hating them.
That being said - I do hope there is a chance to install a new justice that isn’t so radically left... we need a true Libertarian justice - one that understands that the federal government should be as SMALL as possible.

The job of the Judicial Branch (federal courts and judges) of the US government is to interpret the laws.

The job of the Executive Branch (the president, vice president, the Cabinet, executive departments, independent agencies, and other boards, commissions, and committees) is to enforce the laws.

The job of the Legislative Branch (Congress:  the House of Representatives and the Senate) is to make the laws.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2020, 06:12:40 AM »
Not a lawyer here, but does anyone else find the idea of appointing a judge "for life" a little ridiculous?

Views change, people evolve, neurological deficits due to age can ensue and it just seems like a bad idea. Nothing should just be set in stone with a few exceptions of course. Just like I firmly believe the constitution should be revamped given that we are no longer living in those times, I think fresh judges should be brought in after at least 4 years.

You can have a tyrant at the Supreme Court for life and it would be very difficult to remove that person (even if majority vote rules there).

"1"

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2020, 06:40:26 AM »
Not a lawyer here, but does anyone else find the idea of appointing a judge "for life" a little ridiculous?

Views change, people evolve, neurological deficits due to age can ensue and it just seems like a bad idea. Nothing should just be set in stone with a few exceptions of course. Just like I firmly believe the constitution should be revamped given that we are no longer living in those times, I think fresh judges should be brought in after at least 4 years.

You can have a tyrant at the Supreme Court for life and it would be very difficult to remove that person (even if majority vote rules there).

"1"
It is foolish and not something much considered at the time they passed the Constitution.  It doesn't actually say they are appointed "for life" it says during "good behaviour" which was interpreted as for life.  Horseshit.  Should be max 75, max.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2020, 06:59:44 AM »
In your head. She held on to it out of her own beliefs. You know better than this
This is where we differ. She was forced to hold onto it by the dnc, just like Biden is being forced to run for President. Every decision she's been involved in for the last several years should be reviewed, her treatments and drug regimen had put her in a mentally unstable position for years.
If you were to take Trump out of it and view her as a regular person, you would see it. That was somebodies grandmother that was taken advantage of because of a position of power that she held. Terrible.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2020, 07:01:45 AM »

"1"
I don't agree with your constitution statement but I don't think judges should be appointed for life, there should be term limits, in every branch, at every level of government.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2020, 07:05:09 AM »
Ginsburg's death comes just weeks before Democrats hope to win the White House and potentially a Senate majority, given Joe Biden's lead in the polls. But Republicans will hold the Senate at least until Jan. 3, and Trump the presidency at least until Jan. 20, giving them a chance to gain a 6-3 conservative majority on the court.

National Public Radio reported that Ginsburg dictated a statement to her granddaughter shortly before her death, in which she said: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

The president and Senate Republicans, led by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have little time to nominate and confirm a successor before facing voters. If they lose the White House or Senate in November, Republicans might have a harder time confirming a Trump nominee during a lame-duck session at year's end. But McConnell has vowed to "leave no vacancy behind."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-234532489.html
She would have had to have hung on 4 more years to see another president installed.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2020, 07:12:20 AM »
Trump needs to appoint a black gay hardcore rightwing republican .... this way when the dems try to pick him/her apart he/she can just yell back "you're being racist and homophobic" to every question

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2020, 07:24:54 AM »
Crazy woman PISSED OFF  that RBG died while Trump's in office:

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2020, 07:32:29 AM »
Trump needs to appoint a black gay hardcore rightwing republican .... this way when the dems try to pick him/her apart he/she can just yell back "you're being racist and homophobic" to every question
Is Vince right wing enough? :-\

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2020, 07:44:01 AM »
😉

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2020, 09:15:45 AM »

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2020, 09:20:01 AM »
:-X

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2020, 09:41:25 AM »
:-X

Exactly.  I'm guessing it'll be Straw Man in drag.  FTN.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2020, 10:15:12 AM »
 :D