Author Topic: Why are so many pro's religous?????  (Read 20413 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why are so many pro's religous?????
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 11:36:29 AM »
I am a practising catholic but dont ram it down peoples throats.

i posted somethjing like this before and it was deleted and moved to the religious thread buffet.

haney was religious and i do believe it has summat to do with that. people admire and emmulate him, they try to follow him greatlyin all he does having won 8 olympias. he is a role model. coleman is similar. then again its mostly black pros who get on like that and a lot of black ppl r spiritual or religious in general. i dunno.

i dont think its something to go overboard about but i doubt it does ne one ne harm to have some sort of faith. if you believe someone is there helping and guidingf ya then you do a lot better. u feel safer and more determined.

just whjat i thnk

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 11:38:01 AM »
Atheist in a foxwhole: "I got a loaded gun but it doesn't have fire unless somebody recharges it."

Christian in the same foxhole: "Pull your pants back up and lets get the hell out of here!"
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 11:42:08 AM »
Technically it is because you are killing your body.  One commandent strictly forbids killing so under that definition it is a sin.  This definition is a Catholic interpretation, not a conservative political one that some claim.  And you are right in the sense that drug "use" is not necessarily bad but because of drug "abuse" and its harmfull effects on the user and others, it must be outlawed.  There is no way to define drug use and distinguish it from abuse, because each person's tolerance is different.  Also, unlike measuring BAC in a field sobriety test, how would you ensure a cost effective way to measure the amount of drugs is a person's system at a given time.  I digress but this is all fun to talk about.

Ok Jackass...

1.Anabolic steroids when used correctly don't "Kill" the body. They can actually be quite healthy for adult males.

2.Drug Prohibition is completly ineffective and infringes upon our civil liberties. Punishing the whole population because select individuals abuse drugs is UNAMERICAN.

3.Even people who want to abuse drugs have that right. It's THEIR body and THEIR personal choice. If I want to overdose on drugs I have the right to do so. The Govt has no right telling me what I can or can't put into my own body.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 11:42:43 AM »

Doing Steroids isn't a Sin. And don't say "the body is a temple" because anabolics can be done safely. Drug use is only said to be a sin by the conservative right of America who say it to promote their failing laws.

Obtaining an illegal substance is not illegal and breaking laws are not against what the bible teaches?  Oh, let me guess, you are refering to those who take 1 i.u of growth a day along with 200mg/2wks test that the doctor gave them for HRT reasons ::) ::) ::).  Give me a break bro!  Im on getbig.com so you know whos side I am on when it comes to juice!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 11:43:40 AM »

Doing Steroids isn't a Sin. And don't say "the body is a temple" because anabolics can be done safely. Drug use is only said to be a sin by the conservative right of America who say it to promote their failing laws.

I guess that depends on how you define "sin."   :)  Definitely a violation of federal and state law to use them without a prescription.

Not sure you can say with certainty that anabolics can be abused safely.  That is sort of an oxymoron.  They don't work unless you take about 100 times the recommended dose (when administered with a prescription).  Sounds pretty unsafe to me.  Just because someone doesn't get sick, lose a kidney, become sterile, start lactating, etc. doesn't mean abuse of anabolics is "safe."  We don't really have any studies on what steroid abuse does to the body, because you cannot give humans the massive amounts of drugs users take in a controlled environment.    

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 11:45:12 AM »
Obtaining an illegal substance is not illegal and breaking laws are not against what the bible teaches?  Oh, let me guess, you are refering to those who take 1 i.u of growth a day along with 200mg/2wks test that the doctor gave them for HRT reasons ::) ::) ::).  Give me a break bro!  On on getbig.com so you know whos side I am on when it comes to juice!

It is actually written in the bible not to follow human laws but the laws God has passed down to us through Moses. Besides their is nothing righteous about our government.
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »
Obtaining an illegal substance is not illegal and breaking laws are not against what the bible teaches?  Oh, let me guess, you are refering to those who take 1 i.u of growth a day along with 200mg/2wks test that the doctor gave them for HRT reasons ::) ::) ::).  Give me a break bro!  On on getbig.com so you know whos side I am on when it comes to juice!

Dumbass...According to the bible you should obey the laws of the BIBLE and not the "laws of man". Often the laws of man contradict the laws of the bible, So I guess breaking laws of man that involve breaking a law of the bible is sinning?

Sinning to avoid sinning... ::)

The bible never says "obey the laws in your country" or anything like that. Anabolic steroids being illegal is irrelevant. They shouldn't even be illegaly anyway! Tobacco kills over 300,000 a year in America and it's legal!

Considering using Anabolic steroids can BE DONE SAFELY I would say that the bible doesn't forbid it.

The bible doesn't forbid the use of ANY drugs. Only the conservative leaders of our country would convince you to believe that.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 11:50:37 AM »
Johnny that pic you got as your sig... well its creeping me out!
just push some weight!

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 11:51:51 AM »
Apollo....

Does it say in the bible that Priests/Pastors etc cannot look at little kids online?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 11:52:13 AM »
I guess that depends on how you define "sin."   :)  Definitely a violation of federal and state law to use them without a prescription.

Not sure you can say with certainty that anabolics can be abused safely.  That is sort of an oxymoron.  They don't work unless you take about 100 times the recommended dose (when administered with a prescription).  Sounds pretty unsafe to me.  Just because someone doesn't get sick, lose a kidney, become sterile, start lactating, etc. doesn't mean abuse of anabolics is "safe."  We don't really have any studies on what steroid abuse does to the body, because you cannot give humans the massive amounts of drugs users take in a controlled environment.    

Bzzt..Wrong!

Anabolic Steroids are used on sickly patients around the world at recommend doses and produce results.

We don't have any studies? This is also completly FALSE. Scientists can study those who are already doing anabolic steroids, Bodybuilders for instance and judge it that way.

Studies concluding High doses of anabolic steroids produce NO side effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8969015&dopt=Abstract

http://odin.dep.no/jd/norsk/dok/andre_dok/rapporter/012041-220005/hov008-bn.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=Display&DB=pubmed

In 1 year study anabolic steroid users...

Few clinically relevant changes in physiological parameters or laboratory measures were noted throughout the study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12938869&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_DocSum

No studies eh?

::)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 11:54:39 AM »
Apollo....

Does it say in the bible that Priests/Pastors etc cannot look at little kids online?

The bible doesn't even say Grown men can't have sex with young children.

The bible was written around 2,000 years ago and reflect the coustoms of the culture by whom it was written.

It condones Slavery.

It condones Torture.

It condones Rape.

It condones murder(as long as its for god)

It condones prejudice against women.

Ect..ect

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2006, 11:56:38 AM »

The bible doesn't even say Grown men can't have sex with young children.

The bible was written around 2,000 years ago and reflect the coustoms of the culture by whom it was written.

It condones Slavery.

It condones Torture.

It condones Rape.

It condones murder(as long as its for god)

It condones prejudice against women.

Ect..ect

interesting! 

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2006, 12:02:04 PM »
There are no athiests in the foxhole.

Bob, when you use blasphemy like this and take the Lord's name in vain, are you doing so in your capacity as athlete's rep, or just as a representative of Bodybuilding.com?

There are no athiests in the foxhole....this is patently false. There is even an organization called the Military Association of Atheistic Freethinkers that combats this bullshit claim. Do some research before you try to make claims about our character as atheists.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2006, 12:05:46 PM »

Bzzt..Wrong!

Anabolic Steroids are used on sickly patients around the world at recommend doses and produce results.

We don't have any studies? This is also completly FALSE. Scientists can study those who are already doing anabolic steroids, Bodybuilders for instance and judge it that way.

Studies concluding High doses of anabolic steroids produce NO side effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8969015&dopt=Abstract

http://odin.dep.no/jd/norsk/dok/andre_dok/rapporter/012041-220005/hov008-bn.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=Display&DB=pubmed

In 1 year study anabolic steroid users...

Few clinically relevant changes in physiological parameters or laboratory measures were noted throughout the study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12938869&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_DocSum

No studies eh?

::)

I said there are no studies showing the effects of steroid "abuse," not use.  Here is a line from one of the links you posted:  "Studies administering moderate doses of exogenous testosterone for contraceptive and clinical purposes reveal essentially no adverse effects on male sexual and aggressive behaviour. "  That's the key difference.  I know steroids and HGH have tremendous value when used properly.  I'm talking about the massive amounts taken by athletes.  That kind of abuse hasn't been and really can't be studied. 

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2006, 12:06:09 PM »
Hmmm....do the words "self righteous" mean anything to you?  How is getting high a civil liberty?  I seem to remember you somewhere saying that you were French so how the f**k would you know what AMERICAN is.  I am sorry that you have a hard on for anything conservative but laws are in place to protect people and I for one believe that any drug can be abused and that is why laws are in place.  If some crack smoking piece of shit steals, takes life or is hurting society by his/her actions, then I want them off the streets.  That is where the government comes into play.  I think it pretty naive to say that drug users or abusers only hurt themselves.  As far as steroids being healthy, I definitely don't equate them with other drugs however, drug abuse, which is what I was explicitly referring to kills the body which under most Christian doctrines falls under breaking one of the Ten Commandments.  I'm sorry if you agree but I have attended Catholic school my whole life and have been brought up in that faith, so please don't challenge our beliefs simply because you don't agree with any religion.  In closing, get off your high horse.  Every post you make is full of a "know it all" sentiment that is stupid because frankly you don't know it all.  If this is a meltdown then fine, but you sir are the real jackass.

good one!!!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2006, 12:14:35 PM »
Hmmm....do the words "self righteous" mean anything to you?  How is getting high a civil liberty?  I seem to remember you somewhere saying that you were French so how the f**k would you know what AMERICAN is.  I am sorry that you have a hard on for anything conservative but laws are in place to protect people and I for one believe that any drug can be abused and that is why laws are in place.

Hey jackass...Does "Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness" mean anything to you? If using drugs makes someone happy and it hurts no one else then they have that right.

And I'm German living in America moron..

If some crack smoking piece of shit steals, takes life or is hurting society by his/her actions, then I want them off the streets.  That is where the government comes into play.  I think it pretty naive to say that drug users or abusers only hurt themselves.

If that users comits a crime then we put him in Jail. But simply putting a substance into your own body should not be a crime in and of itself.

Punishing someone because they "might" comit a crime is even more unethical.

As far as steroids being healthy, I definitely don't equate them with other drugs however, drug abuse, which is what I was explicitly referring to kills the body which under most Christian doctrines falls under breaking one of the Ten Commandments.  I'm sorry if you agree but I have attended Catholic school my whole life and have been brought up in that faith, so please don't challenge our beliefs simply because you don't agree with any religion.  In closing, get off your high horse.  Every post you make is full of a "know it all" sentiment that is stupid because frankly you don't know it all.  If this is a meltdown then fine, but you sir are the real jackass.

The initial post was that Simply "USING" steroids would not be considered a sin in Christianity. I never said ABUSING them would not be a sin. Learn to read.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2006, 12:16:01 PM »
Hmmm....do the words "self righteous" mean anything to you?  How is getting high a civil liberty?  I seem to remember you somewhere saying that you were French so how the f**k would you know what AMERICAN is.  I am sorry that you have a hard on for anything conservative but laws are in place to protect people and I for one believe that any drug can be abused and that is why laws are in place.  If some crack smoking piece of shit steals, takes life or is hurting society by his/her actions, then I want them off the streets.  That is where the government comes into play.  I think it pretty naive to say that drug users or abusers only hurt themselves.  As far as steroids being healthy, I definitely don't equate them with other drugs however, drug abuse, which is what I was explicitly referring to kills the body which under most Christian doctrines falls under breaking one of the Ten Commandments.  I'm sorry if you agree but I have attended Catholic school my whole life and have been brought up in that faith, so please don't challenge our beliefs simply because you don't agree with any religion.  In closing, get off your high horse.  Every post you make is full of a "know it all" sentiment that is stupid because frankly you don't know it all.  If this is a meltdown then fine, but you sir are the real jackass.

Meltdown. If you don't want drug users to hurt anyone, are you saying alcohol should be illegal? Use your head. ::)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2006, 12:17:59 PM »
I said there are no studies showing the effects of steroid "abuse," not use.  Here is a line from one of the links you posted:  "Studies administering moderate doses of exogenous testosterone for contraceptive and clinical purposes reveal essentially no adverse effects on male sexual and aggressive behaviour. "  That's the key difference.  I know steroids and HGH have tremendous value when used properly.  I'm talking about the massive amounts taken by athletes.  That kind of abuse hasn't been and really can't be studied. 

You didn't read all of the studies.

The results provide the first long-term, prospective evaluation of the effects of AASs, when these drugs are administered in a naturalistic pattern of abuse.

I agree that use is perfectly safe in 99% of the cases. But even ABUSE with very high doses are safe in a good majority of the cases in healthy adult males when used correctly.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2006, 12:19:51 PM »

Dumbass...According to the bible you should obey the laws of the BIBLE and not the "laws of man". Often the laws of man contradict the laws of the bible, So I guess breaking laws of man that involve breaking a law of the bible is sinning?

Sinning to avoid sinning... ::)[/qb]

Where in the world did you get this from?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2006, 12:20:12 PM »
Meltdown. If you don't want drug users to hurt anyone, are you saying alcohol should be illegal? Use your head. ::)

Right.

These people say they support criminalizing dangerous addictive substances...Yet they don't support criminalizing Alcohol or Tobacco.

You criminalized Alcohol here in the 1930's and we know how successful that was!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2006, 12:23:12 PM »

Right.

These people say they support criminalizing dangerous addictive substances...Yet they don't support criminalizing Alcohol or Tobacco.

You criminalized Alcohol here in the 1930's and we know how successful that was!

Why are they so unable to think consistently and logically?  ???

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2006, 12:27:19 PM »
Where in the world did you get this from?

The laws in the bible often contradict the laws of man.

You can't obey both of them in such a case.

The bible makes it clear that you should obey IT and not the laws of man.

Exodus 20:3 states you should have no other "gods" before the one god. Meaning worship no one and nothing. Obey him and just him.

Isaiah 33:22 states God is the "lawgiver".

The bible makes it clear that when the "laws of man" interfere with the laws of God you should obey the "laws of God".

Insinuating that since Anabolic steroids are illegal under man's law they are illegal under "gods law" according to the Bible doesn't make any sense.
That would also mean that if sex before marrage is legal under mans law it's legal under "gods law" according to the bible. Or worshiping other Gods or working on sunday or disrespecting your parents..ect..ect.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2006, 12:28:40 PM »
The real question is...if God is so good and righteous and such...why is he always found in jail? ;D ;)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2006, 12:29:22 PM »
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

-Abraham Lincoln

Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2006, 12:32:34 PM »
Are you suggesting that the current "war" on drugs is effective?  Dude, full out legalization of drugs would be FAR safer for society.  The "war" on drugs is what's causing all the danger!  Prohibition doesn't work.  I figured history taught us that already.

So why not just deal with the specific instances when drug users hurt others?  How the hell does a guy doing a gram of coke one night at a party hurt you?   ???  It's none of your damn business.  For some reason we are allowed to eat shitty fast foods and get fat and this is ok  ??? yet it's illegal to do drugs which are probably even LESS harmful than fast food?   ???

I heard of a guy in the USA going to jail for seven years for having three grams of coke on him.  Yeah, way to spend money fighting real criminals.   ::)

Canada is WAY more lax with drug laws in USA.  And guess what?  We have WAY less drug problems.  I wonder if there is a pattern.   ::)

True. It's AMAZES me how people can claim we outlaw drugs because people would use them and cause our healthcare prices to go up..

Yet they fail to realize that the healthcare rates are going up BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH OBESITY.

Eating 2lbs of food everyday at Mcdonalds is 100 times worse than smoking a marijuana a few times a week.

No one ever died from marijuana.

TENS OF THOUSANDS die every year in America from obesity related problems.