Author Topic: Why are so many pro's religous?????  (Read 20342 times)

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
Why are so many pro's religous?????
« on: April 12, 2006, 08:31:50 AM »

Im Australian, and the majority here arent religous, but that doesnt mean we're all as forward as Lee Priest or something.

I mean, everytime I read a interview for a pro, 9 times outta 10, they say "God this, God that"

Why? Is it because most Yanks are?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Why are so many pro's religous?????
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 08:35:14 AM »
Im Australian, and the majority here arent religous, but that doesnt mean we're all as forward as Lee Priest or something.

I mean, everytime I read a interview for a pro, 9 times outta 10, they say "God this, God that"

Only the stupid Americans are religious.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 08:35:59 AM »

Its people in public in general (those with fame)

Assuming it is done subtle like, one can play both sides.  You make it out like you believe in god but you dont' make a big deal out of it.

This appeases christians and it appeases the heathens.. as everybody gets what they want.

Case in point Kevin Smith.. fine purveyor of the movies "clerks", "mallrats" etc.

Says he believes in god and is christian, but also makes movies that most often revolve around cock and discussion about sticking cock in places.  Brilliant.

(Its the same reason/technique when every time you see a musician in an interview they will always reference how much they love the town they are currently in, people swallow that up without question).

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 08:39:06 AM »
As Flex Wheeler said, you're nothing without God. When you live for Him and do right by the Lord, nothing is impossible.

Believe that!

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:04 AM »
Let's see, maybe that by being religous all the drugs they take won't kill them. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:59 AM »
Let's see, maybe that by being religous all the drugs they take won't kill them. 

We have a winner!!!!! :)

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 08:49:08 AM »

It's just all part of the two faced bullshit we, as Americans, love to fling at each other all day, every day.  It's very much like drinking tea is with the Brits.  The Brits love a good spot of tea and Americans love a hot cup of Bullshit.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 08:51:09 AM »
Pros are religious because the only way they'll ever be able to retire is if their prayers are answered and they win Mega Millions.

Special "Reality Check" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 09:22:30 AM »
you'ld be religious too if you just had kidney failure.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »
if you took all those illegal drugs you'd be religious too.
religious or loco

Ryu717

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 09:50:24 AM »
Lord I come to you today saved by your grace to thank you for Sustanon 250 , Primobolan, Deca Durabolin, etc. By your grace you have saved me with these I couldn't of done it without it ... Thank You Precious Saviour. If you would like to Develop a Personal Realtionship with AAS and our Lord mail a certified check for $$$ we will mail to you a non descrip package to a Po Box of your choice.. Thank you and tune in again next week for                            AAS and Your Saviour 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 11:10:06 AM »
Satan told me to take Anadrol!
a

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 11:13:09 AM »
..i think most americans are religious.. or at least where i come from... do u have something against it?.. or are u just makin a statement

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 11:13:52 AM »
pros feel guilt because of the things they do when young gay for pay drugs cheating on wife ie shawn etc etc

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 11:16:21 AM »
Because they are human! Most atletes are religious!
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
As Flex Wheeler said, you're nothing without God. When you live for Him and do right by the Lord, nothing is impossible.

Believe that!

So everyone who disagrees with your absurd worldview is "nothing"?

::)

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 11:23:27 AM »
Well if you are catholic than anything goes as long as you confess to some guy on sunday who just may well be a petifile junkie who likes to look at little boys online!  I can just see it now...

Pro BB "...oh, pastor I come to thee today with many confessions..."

Pastor "...go ahead my son..."

Pro BB "...I bought 15 bottles of T400, 10 bottles of winny v, 852 tabs of T3, 2000 dbols, bought 5,000 cattle pellets, made a drug called tren, and have been shooting up everyday to put on size..."

Pastor "...go on son, go on..."

Pro BB "...well that's the good thing..."

Pastor "...what's the bad..."

Pro BB "...i also have been smoking meth non-stop, snorting blow better than your hoover sucks up the dirt on your carpet and have been nailing every hooker/tranny on venice blvd all week due to my enormous sex drive..."

Pastor "...are you asking for forgivness?..."

Pro BB "...yes..."

Pastor "...you are forgiven, please leave your donation in the basket after service and i'll see you next week!"

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 11:23:56 AM »
brutal hypocrisy
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 11:26:56 AM »
There are no athiests in the foxhole.

Do research before making ignorant claims.

www.atheistfoxholes.org

A site with THOUSANDS of currently serving members of the armed forces and HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS who served in past wars who are/were atheists.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 11:28:29 AM »
apollo are you religious?.. serious question

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 11:29:40 AM »

Do research before making ignorant claims.

www.atheistfoxholes.org

A site with THOUSANDS of currently serving members of the armed forces and HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS who served in past wars who are/were atheists.

Are you saying they are stupid? I concur atheists need our help! Lets show them the light!
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 11:31:09 AM »
Well if you are catholic than anything goes as long as you confess to some guy on sunday who just may well be a petifile junkie who likes to look at little boys online!  I can just see it now...

Pro BB "...oh, pastor I come to thee today with many confessions..."

Pastor "...go ahead my son..."

Pro BB "...I bought 15 bottles of T400, 10 bottles of winny v, 852 tabs of T3, 2000 dbols, bought 5,000 cattle pellets, made a drug called tren, and have been shooting up everyday to put on size..."

Pastor "...go on son, go on..."

Pro BB "...well that's the good thing..."

Pastor "...what's the bad..."

Pro BB "...i also have been smoking meth non-stop, snorting blow better than your hoover sucks up the dirt on your carpet and have been nailing every hooker/tranny on venice blvd all week due to my enormous sex drive..."

Pastor "...are you asking for forgivness?..."

Pro BB "...yes..."

Pastor "...you are forgiven, please leave your donation in the basket after service and i'll see you next week!"

Doing Steroids isn't a Sin. And don't say "the body is a temple" because anabolics can be done safely. Drug use is only said to be a sin by the conservative right of America who say it to promote their failing laws.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 11:32:10 AM »

Because we were founded by Protestants not criminals. Ever heard of the Mayflower? Thanksgiving?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 11:32:16 AM »

Doing Steroids isn't a Sin. And don't say "the body is a temple" because anabolics can be done safely. Drug use is only said to be a sin by the conservative right of America who say it to promote their failing laws.

Interesting!
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 11:33:19 AM »
Pat Tillman was an Atheist...

Just about everyone in America knows that Pat Tillman responded to the 9/11 terrorist attacks by walking away from a multi-million dollar contract in professional football to enlist in the Army Rangers, and that on April 22 he was shot dead in Afghanistan trying to rescue his comrades caught in an ambush. But how many Americans have heard reports that Tillman was non-religious?

Writing in the San Francisco Chronicle Gwen Knapp reports Richard Tillman, Pat's brother, taking offense at remarks that Pat Tillman was now with God: "Pat isn't with God. He's fucking dead. He wasn't religious. So thank you for your thoughts, but he's fucking dead."

http://www.valleyskeptic.com/atheist_foxhole.html