Author Topic: Climate change/global warming is real  (Read 37936 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Climate change/global warming is real
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2010, 05:15:57 AM »
Thank god we have tbombz to tell us the "truth".  :D

Hey, he ALMOST has an ASSOCIATES degree in geography......so....... ..

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2010, 05:17:41 AM »
Hey, he ALMOST has an ASSOCIATES degree in geography......so....... ..

According to tbombz, climatology is a serious science.  :-\

WYSIWYG

• Getbig II
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2010, 05:19:54 AM »
Oh a little snow!! Lets call the whole thing off then! ::) You guys are geniuses!! What about actually trying to learn about this shit instead of filling the thread with your mindless drivel? ::)

This is GB, mindless drivel is what's about, isnt it? :)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2010, 05:20:11 AM »
Oh a little snow!! Lets call the whole thing off then! ::) You guys are geniuses!! What about actually trying to learn about this shit instead of filling the thread with your mindless drivel? ::)

Fail.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2010, 05:21:16 AM »

When are YOU going to learn something?  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2010, 05:24:50 AM »
Weather Channel boss calls global warming 'the greatest scam in history'
By Our Foreign Staff 11:14AM GMT 09 Nov 2007

The founder of the The Weather Channel in the US has described the concept of global warming as 'the greatest scam in history' and accused global media of colluding with 'environmental extremists' to alarm the public.

"It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM," John Coleman wrote in an article published on ICECAP, the International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project, which is known for challenging widely published theories on global warming.

The maverick weather forecaster is known for his regular critique of widely accepted global warming theories. The Weather Channel broadcasts weather forecasts and weather-related news in the US 24 hours a day.

His views challenge the consensus of the international science community that it is at least 90 per cent certain that temperatures will continue to rise, with average global surface temperature projected to increase by between 1.4 and 5.8ºC above 1990 levels by 2100.

This increase will be accompanied by rising sea levels, more intense precipitation events in some countries, increased risk of drought in others, and adverse effects on agriculture, health and water resources.

A recent joint statement by the scientific academies of 17 countries, including the UK's Royal Society, endorsed the theory of climate change and dismissed doubts raised over the need for action to mitigate possible damage caused by climate change.

"We do not consider such doubts justified," the group said in a joint statement, urging prompt action to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases.

But Mr Colemen slams their views as part of a global conspiracy: "Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in [sic] allusion of rapid global warming."

"Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

"Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild "scientific" scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda.

"Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmental conscientious citizens.

"Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minutes documentary segment."

He added: "I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct.

"There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3313785/Weather-Channel-boss-calls-global-warming-the-greatest-scam-in-history.html

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2010, 05:25:42 AM »
According to tbombz, climatology is a serious science.  :-\

"weather guessers."   ::) 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2010, 05:27:57 AM »
Weather Channel boss calls global warming 'the greatest scam in history'
By Our Foreign Staff 11:14AM GMT 09 Nov 2007

The founder of the The Weather Channel in the US has described the concept of global warming as 'the greatest scam in history' and accused global media of colluding with 'environmental extremists' to alarm the public.

"It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM," John Coleman wrote in an article published on ICECAP, the International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project, which is known for challenging widely published theories on global warming.

The maverick weather forecaster is known for his regular critique of widely accepted global warming theories. The Weather Channel broadcasts weather forecasts and weather-related news in the US 24 hours a day.

His views challenge the consensus of the international science community that it is at least 90 per cent certain that temperatures will continue to rise, with average global surface temperature projected to increase by between 1.4 and 5.8ºC above 1990 levels by 2100.

This increase will be accompanied by rising sea levels, more intense precipitation events in some countries, increased risk of drought in others, and adverse effects on agriculture, health and water resources.

A recent joint statement by the scientific academies of 17 countries, including the UK's Royal Society, endorsed the theory of climate change and dismissed doubts raised over the need for action to mitigate possible damage caused by climate change.

"We do not consider such doubts justified," the group said in a joint statement, urging prompt action to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases.

But Mr Colemen slams their views as part of a global conspiracy: "Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in [sic] allusion of rapid global warming."

"Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

"Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild "scientific" scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda.

"Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmental conscientious citizens.

"Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minutes documentary segment."

He added: "I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct.

"There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3313785/Weather-Channel-boss-calls-global-warming-the-greatest-scam-in-history.html

Pffftttttt., head of the weather channel.....what does he know?   ::)

;) ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2010, 05:28:31 AM »
Thank god we have tbombz to tell us the "truth".  :D

The truth is that he'd love to get 8" every night, although preferably from a guy, rather than of rain or snow.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2010, 05:29:06 AM »
When are YOU going to learn something?  ???

I'm surprised no romanian has barged in with old pics and saying that Xerxes learnt a lot about lightsabers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2010, 05:29:19 AM »
3333 Get the fuck back to politics

Why?  Afraid your climate change crappola will be debunked as nothing more than the fantasies of eviro-extremists?    

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2010, 05:29:48 AM »
3333 Get the fuck back to politics

Xerxes, my friend you made such great progress the other day, and now you are back to just dismissing anything/anyone who doesn't have the same view as you......c'mon man......

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2010, 06:30:14 AM »
for fuck sake.... GLOBAL WARMING = BULLSHIT!!!!

here's some up to date facts about what the "global warming " is, ok.

sure it's over 10 minutes... but for someone like me to read stone age "information" in this thread is like 100000 minutes...

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2010, 06:47:56 AM »
I have learned a lot actually since I started this thread. Are you another global warming denier/skeptic? If yes, tell me why..I am interested.

I've debated with many people, and you're just one. There's a lot of evidence to be found if you look in the right direction. You on the other hand, don't know where to look, you just simply believe the hype.
What exactly makes you a member of the global warming church? Exactly, you believe what the global warming preachers are telling you to believe. You don't think for yourself, you don't look for answers, no, it's safer for you to follow the heard, and ask no questions. Just like millions of other sheep.

You have learned............nothi ng.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2010, 06:56:08 AM »
I've read NASAs views, IPCC views, I've seen 2 hour long debates between professors, read countless arguments on both sides, yeah ok I've learned nothing ::). Fucking write in a polite manner if you want a serious debate with me.

oooh shiet.... OOOOOOOH shiet....  :P

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »
There's a pretty cool solution to global warming suggested in the book SuperFreakonomics.
from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2010, 01:37:19 PM »
Time for global warming lobby to admit they could be wrong, says meteorologist
The Daily Telegraph | December 29, 2010 | Alex Singleton

Here’s something you’ll never hear from the Met Office. Joe Bastardi, a senior meteorologist at AccuWeather, has laid into the the global warming lobby for making absurd claims, especially their assertion that the cold weather is caused by global warming.

First he told Fox Business Network last week that: “These folks claiming that global warming is causing severe cold – that’s like the kid on the playground who doesn’t get his way and takes his ball home”. In fact, the cold weather “is predictable if you study cycles, if you study climatology… and don’t just say everything is global warming”.

And now he’s continued the offensive on his blog this week, writing Can I Bother You For A Minute?

[Snip]

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: "Climate change"
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »
sure this has all happened many times naturally in the past.  but its usually over thousands of years.  This current change is happening very quickly.  It's happened before, but in the past there weren't 6 billion people trying to live here.  Climate change today will cause widespread famine, widespread migration. 

Now suddenly, it's mankind's fault...

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2010, 01:16:27 AM »
This thread has derailed. Let me take it back to its roots: an appreciation of South African rap.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2010, 01:45:43 AM »
HEY STUPID #### STOP COPY AND PASTING IRRELEVANT SHIT, I'VE ALREADY POSTED ABOUT MILANKOVITCH CYCLES AND HOW CO2 PLAYS A PART IN THAT, IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN READING AND LEARNING INSTEAD OF POSTING IRRELEVANT SHIT FOR YOUR OWN POLITICAL AGENDA THEN GET THE FUCK OUT.

You meltdown with capital letters, like a stubborn child who wants attention, and yet you seriously want to debate?

Get the fuck out of here, "xerxes". It shows that you have the mental capacity of a child, just like "swede".

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2010, 05:06:00 AM »
Please do share.

I might go look up the details later, but basically it entails spraying tons of chemicals into our stratosphere mimicking a volcanic eruption that mirrors sunlight out to space again. Although I can't remember the exact chemical right now it was a "safe" chemical that would go away on its own and not pollute. The chemical was cheap and the amounts required to have an effect was not significant and definitely within our abilities today.
from incomplete data

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2010, 05:57:23 AM »
The truth has already been exposed guys...Those arguing for man made climate change are behind the 8 ball. :D

Hackers Expose Emails Proving Global Warming Deception
20 NOVEMBER 2009 9 COMMENTS

This whole Global Warming Climate Change garbage has always irked me. Any reasoned person could simply look at the historical climate data and use common sense to know this theory is grossly flawed. Add a runaway political gravy train pushing radical and useless legislation for the financial benefit of advocates using obscene scare tactics and religious-like propaganda … anyone with a nose (if they chose to use it) could smell a rat. The suspicions have always been there, but now there seems to be hard evidence of an organized effort to deceive.

From The Examiner:

Hackers broke into the computers at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit (CRU), a prominent British climate change research center, releasing “researchers” interoffice emails which document deception used, and facts omitted, in furtherance of the man-made global warming myth.

Many skeptics knew of the global warming kooks “who needs truth when you have evidence” mentality, but had no proof, until now. These emails show intentional manipulation of information used and manufactured evidence to support their crackpot theories.

“A 62 megabyte zip file, containing around 160 megabytes of emails, pdfs and other documents, has been confirmed as genuine by the head of the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit, Dr Phil Jones.” according to Investigate Magazine.

[An email] from Dr. Jones shows the intentional fabrication of “evidence” by falsifying temperature statistics in what Jones refers to as “Mike’s nature trick” to “hide the decline” in actual temperatures. By definition, a decline in temperatures disproves global warming.

From the Telegraph:

When you read some of those files – including 1079 emails and 72 documents – you realise just why the boffins at Hadley CRU might have preferred to keep them confidential. As Andrew Bolt puts it, this scandal could well be “the greatest in modern science”. These alleged emails – supposedly exchanged by some of the most prominent scientists pushing AGW theory – suggest:

Conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organised resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more.

One of the alleged emails has a gentle gloat over the death in 2004 of John L Daly (one of the first climate change sceptics, founder of the Still Waiting For Greenhouse site), commenting:

“In an odd way this is cheering news.”

But perhaps the most damaging revelations – the scientific equivalent of the Telegraph’s MPs’ expenses scandal – are those concerning the way Warmist scientists may variously have manipulated or suppressed evidence in order to support their cause.

Here are a few tasters. (So far, we can only refer to them as alleged emails because – though Hadley CRU’s director Phil Jones has confirmed the break-in to Ian Wishart at the Briefing Room – he has yet to fess up to any specific contents.) But if genuine, they suggest dubious practices such as:

Manipulation of evidence:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

Suppression of evidence:

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?

Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Sceptic scientists:

Next
time I see Pat Michaels at a scientific meeting, I’ll be tempted to beat
the crap out of him. Very tempted.

Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP):

……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….

And, perhaps most reprehensibly, a long series of communications discussing how best to squeeze dissenting scientists out of the peer review process. How, in other words, to create a scientific climate in which anyone who disagrees with AGW can be written off as a crank, whose views do not have a scrap of authority.

“This was the danger of always criticising the skeptics for not publishing in the “peer-reviewed literature”. Obviously, they found a solution to that–take over a journal! So what do we do about this? I think we have to stop considering “Climate Research” as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit to, or cite papers in, this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board…What do others think?”

“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.”“It results from this journal having a number of editors. The responsible one for this is a well-known skeptic in NZ. He has let a few papers through by Michaels and Gray in the past. I’ve had words with Hans von Storch about this, but got nowhere. Another thing to discuss in Nice !”

Links to the emails can be viewed here and good analysis can also be found here.

And there you have it, the deception point. Instead of using data and evidence to construct a valid theory, a bogus theory was used to construct data and evidence. Kind of backwards, no?

It has also always baffled me how scientists and advocates concluded this theory as “settled science”, calling for an end to debate (since when is this done in science?) from conclusions based upon incomplete, error-prone and now allegedly tainted computer models. Conclusions also apparently based in an arrogant “full understanding” of the most complex system on earth. Nothing makes less sense than for the world politic to institute revolutionary global changes to industry and society affecting everyone based upon such a grossly flawed theory … unless, that is, the movement has devolved into pure politics.

If these emails are further confirmed to be valid, this is quite embarrassing for everyone touting this theory, either rightfully or not. It is also clear that the movement has gotten so political with so much money and reputations at stake, even this revelation is likely not going to derail this gravy train from driving the world off of a cliff. Time for clear thinking people to get off already.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2010, 06:00:15 AM »
Add a runaway political gravy train pushing radical and useless legislation for the financial benefit of advocates using obscene scare tactics and religious-like propaganda … anyone with a nose (if they chose to use it) could smell a rat. The suspicions have always been there, but now there seems to be hard evidence of an organized effort to deceive.

________________________ ________________________ _____________

The fools buying ito the Al Gore Bible are too blinded by snow and ice right now to see the reality of this scam.   

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2010, 06:08:20 AM »
You are the fucking fool, you didn't read shit or see any video posted in this thread, you only saw the subject title and went ahead to copy paste some articles you found to promote your own political agenda. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Xerxes your mind is so closed on the issue it's not even funny..
Watch this movie, you may be able to understand it.

the great global warming swindle full, on youtube
[/youtube]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2010, 06:11:50 AM »
Blah blah - you are a immature little bitch.   Grow up already.   

"Global Warming" now referred to as "climate change" has been proven a complete lie and bogus theory and ou true believers cant accept the fact that you bought into a false religion. 

I guess its like children finding out at 5 y/o that Santa Claus is fake.