Author Topic: Climate change/global warming is real  (Read 38177 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: "Climate change"
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2010, 02:44:22 PM »
Searchingfor ghosts my dumb relative, never would I say that, in context to the issue of " global warming"   aka  the increase in atmospheric carbon, yes.. Carbon is the only factor to take into account. By definition. Retard.  ;D

Why did you change your entire post after i quoted it, chubb-rock?  And at least I'm smart enough not to have guys stick their schlong in my ass or mouth..... ;D

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 02:46:34 PM »
Searchingfor ghosts my dumb relative, never would I say that, in context to the issue of " global warming"   aka  the increase in atmospheric carbon, yes.. Carbon is the only factor to take into account. By definition. Retard.  ;D

Abiotic vs peak, read up.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
If you are a seeker of the truth, without an agenda (tbombz and others), please look at these videos and then come back to me and tell me if your opinion hasn't changed.

Despite what anyone says in this thread, these are great videos to watch.  Just shows you ...do not just take peoples words for it but do your own research...

Good post
Wait for it....

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 04:18:39 PM »
lol.'
Dudes a badass.
And he has a point.
You can see these fuckers running around like little good sheep, invading shit and yelling at the top of there lungs, scaring people. Its sad, the state today, where shit like this happens.  :-\

Haha - the annoying bitch with the upset/selfserving voice trying to be all clever.
I would love to be her russian dentist.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
In retrospect, Lord Monckton is a fucking douchebag, lieing prick had me fooled. I am off to study the matter more.
my heart is but a flutter.  :) Good man.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2010, 07:11:52 PM »
Why did you change your entire post after i quoted it, chubb-rock?  And at least I'm smart enough not to have guys stick their schlong in my ass or mouth..... ;D
lmao!!! O the irony..   Reread the last few posts, you fucking owned yourself

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2010, 07:24:32 PM »
Easy now, hahaha  ;D ;D
on a purely intellectual level  ;D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Climate change/global warming is real
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
three words: Medieval Climate Optimum

::)

And it's water vapor that is many more times important than CO2

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »
i still call bullshit on global warming....but if i am wrong?...fuck it..i wont be around to suffer with it...

bench

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »
three words: Medieval Climate Optimum

And it's water vapor that is many more times important than CO2

yes water vapor is the most powerful of all the green house gases.at times Contributing as much as 70% of the total insulation provided by the atmosphere!

Carbon dioxide is the second most powerful insulator of the green house gases and at times it contributes as much as 30% of the warmth provided by the atmosphere, which means it has the potential to effect earth temperature by several degrees Celsius, if not a dozen.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »
on a purely intellectual level  ;D

Did you read up on peak vs abiotic oil theory?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2010, 07:55:15 PM »
Did you read up on peak vs abiotic oil theory?
I don't see any relevance.  ???

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2010, 08:25:16 PM »
So you are just guessing? ??? It's not a yes or no 50/50 flip a coin type of deal.
he doesn't see a reason why 50 billion tons of carbon release annually is to be of any concern..  :D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »
he doesn't see a reason why 50 billion tons of carbon release annually is to be of any concern..  :D
the problem is for me is that we are basing all of this off of new technology...and the earth works in cycles....so how in the hell do we not know this is just another cycle?...there is no data worth a damn that can proove that this ISNT normal....

we dont have records with vital info dating back to even record, and establish a base reading......like someone already said we had a ice age at one point....we got over that...i am sure we have had extreme warm points to..

bench

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2010, 08:52:59 PM »
the problem is for me is that we are basing all of this off of new technology...and the earth works in cycles....so how in the hell do we not know this is just another cycle?...there is no data worth a damn that can proove that this ISNT normal....

we dont have records with vital info dating back to even record, and establish a base reading......like someone already said we had a ice age at one point....we got over that...i am sure we have had extreme warm points to..

bench

Oh its been much warmer BEFORE the industrial age, Man and nature flourished in those times

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »

bench
yes, the climate does go in cycles. And  when the climate changes drastically, it usually kills off most all of the life on the planet. right now, the climate is changing, it's getting Warmer globally, and the consensus in the scientific community is that it's being caused by the massive amounts of carbon dioxide we have been releasing into the atmosphere. There is not just a correlation, but a descriptive explanation of cause and effect to go along with it, all based on verifiable facts.

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
Humans account for 5% of the worlds co2, what are you suggesting specifically? Most of it is from fossile fuels which will run out in 50 years or so (except coal), by then we'll have figured out how to fix transport on the ground, sea and air without them and it will be a non issue.  Not to mention it is actually getting colder.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2010, 05:33:42 PM »
If you are referring to the medieval warm period then no it was not much warmer, see my post where I qouted you.

No, it  wasn't "much" warmer, but it was warmer.  And who knows how warm it was before we started taking data on any of this, which hasn't been long enough to draw any conclusions.

I definitely agree that we should put much more effort into pollutions, not just C02, but just look at the islands of plastic floating out in our oceans.  The problem I have is that while there is evidence of our contribution to C02, which is significant, we have no way to empirically say we are causing what's going on with the world.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »
No, it  wasn't "much" warmer, but it was warmer.  And who knows how warm it was before we started taking data on any of this, which hasn't been long enough to draw any conclusions.

I definitely agree that we should put much more effort into pollutions, not just C02, but just look at the islands of plastic floating out in our oceans.  The problem I have is that while there is evidence of our contribution to C02, which is significant, we have no way to empirically say we are causing what's going on with the world.
actually, with the right tracking technology, it would be possible for us to definitively say that we are causing it. however that kind of technology doesnt exist at the moment. not on the scale necessary.

but your right, theres no way to emprically prove global warming (caused by man's pollution). just like theres no way to empirically prove ANYTHING. 100% certainty is an impossibility.

but when there is a scientific consensus backed up with correlational data and a causational description based on verified facts, then we can be pretty damn certain.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
To sum things up since getbig was down -  buselmo works in oil and oil will be around for a lot longer than 50 years, easily 200 years.

I watched 2 hour debate between professor Lindzen and another professer (Lindzen which Showstoppa found a qoute from) were he was pretty much owned.

In other news, global warming is real and highly likely to be man accelerated.
Who funds the people doing research that says Global Warming is bunk? What stake do they have in saying that it is? Are they in the energy (oil) sector or manufacturing (car) sector? Just like the proponents of Global Warming are from the environmental investment sector and the corporation sectors (a new green industry).

Check into who's funding the studies...who is lobbying for whose special interests...

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2010, 05:50:47 PM »
who gives a shit if it's getting warmer  ::)

there is NOTHING you can do about it

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
Who funds the people doing research that says Global Warming is bunk? What stake do they have in saying that it is? Are they in the energy (oil) sector or manufacturing (car) sector? Just like the proponents of Global Warming are from the environmental investment sector and the corporation sectors (a new green industry).

Check into who's funding the studies...who is lobbying for whose special interests...

the idea that the people urging political action on the issue of global warming are doing so because they are self interested is complete malarcky, and it would behoove yourself to stop with that non-sense. the % of supporters who are doing so out of self-interest is probably less than 1%. self interested people do not usually look to better the world in the process of becoming rich. the people advocating this issue are scientists and liberals who make their life purpose to make as much of a positive change in the world as they can.  these conservative fucks are either misinformed or self interested, bottom line.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2010, 06:02:10 PM »
who gives a shit if it's getting warmer  ::)

there is NOTHING you can do about it
your children will give a shit when they are murdered by your solopsistic attitude.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
Yes there seems to be bias in both directions, still, now that I've seen arguments from both sides I'm more convinced than ever that the naysayers are full of shit.

Most of the weather stations that measure temps in the arctic and other cold reagions are in airports.

What do you think that does to temperature readings?

Besides, who gives a shit, there is NOTHING we can do about global warming. If you believe otherwise you are childishly naive.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »
the idea that the people urging political action on the issue of global warming are doing so because they are self interested is complete malarcky, and it would behoove yourself to stop with that non-sense. the % of supporters who are doing so out of self-interest is probably less than 1%. self interested people do not usually look to better the world in the process of becoming rich. the people advocating this issue are scientists and liberals who make their life purpose to make as much of a positive change in the world as they can.  these conservative fucks are either misinformed or self interested, bottom line.
Well, there is a lot of proof that Al Gore, the green movements biggest proponent, makes millions in investments in "green" corporations. That show Conspiracy Theory exposed a lot of it, and even Jesse Ventura, who knows Al Gore very well, had said he doesn't fault Al for trying to make a buck, it's just that "going green", if one cab make a ton of money on it, will attract those that will...and those that see that these new technologies are the future and oil based goods, and infrastructures are sooo last century...this is being shown in the carbon credits, the hybrid technologies, the fact that the Western world is making a push to get off of oil (foreign oil) and alternatives...same was the push in the early part of the 20th century to change from steam to oil based fuel.
There is or just halons to be a political push for this as well, and as we know politics is often money driven...many of the technologies that promise better fuel economy or even better fuel alternatives are bought up by oil companies (much like Microsoft buys up smaller competition or inventions) and then buried or incorporated into their own tech---and guess who  some of the biggest lobbyists in Washington represent? The oil companies...
Why do you think it took so long for CAFE standards, or why Domestic Car Companies use fleet vehicles to brig up their overall EPA MPGs?

To ignore who funds the respective groups is to ignore how info can be slanted, especially if there is a agenda to push, whether for the right or wrong reasons.