Author Topic: Climate change/global warming is real  (Read 38099 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: "Climate change"
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2010, 09:16:21 PM »
Canada could use another degree of Global Warming

Ares

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
lol.'
Dudes a badass.
And he has a point.
You can see these fuckers running around like little good sheep, invading shit and yelling at the top of there lungs, scaring people. Its sad, the state today, where shit like this happens.  :-\

Never fuck with another man's (or hippie's) religion. 

No one is gonna change anyone's mind, just like debating the existence of god doesn't change people's view.  They have to come to it themselves.  Global warming is a religion/world view disguised as science by those who often mock religiosity in others. The ultimate irony.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2010, 09:54:38 PM »
I just say it again, NO SHIT that the "climate change" was just a hoax :P, I never believed it because it never made any sense.

I do know for a FACT that HAARP device is real.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 02:39:45 AM »
Tim Fogarty

Who told you the ice caps are “melting“ at an “alarming rate“ ? Have you seen them melt ? Or you “heard“ it in the media? Its all a HUGE lie.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2010, 04:05:13 AM »
Very true, while the arctic cap has had slight decrease, Antarctica has actually grown bigger. Seems like Parkers polar bears will be just fine..
the so called caps cover the inner earth openings ... antarctica is closed almost shut and north the opening is bigger

nobody ever gets close to that area despite the lies

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010, 04:11:12 AM »
the so called caps cover the inner earth openings ... antarctica is closed almost shut and north the opening is bigger

nobody ever gets close to that area despite the lies
Stop it, Antartica is a continent...it has it's own continental shelf, and at one time was very hot...Dinosaur and plant fossils hae been found there.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2010, 11:04:51 AM »
Very true, while the arctic cap has had slight decrease, Antarctica has actually grown bigger. Seems like Parkers polar bears will be just fine..

Polar bears don't live in Antarctica.  

This is an interesting subject, I'll admit I've always been pretty sold on climate change, but I'm more than willing to see the other side, I've been duped before.  I didn't watch the other 4 vids, but in regards to the first one: he doesn't debunk global climate change, imo.  He talks about global averages, but that's not the issue.  If you average everything globally, maybe there won't be a huge change.  I want to hear data from individual cities and I want to hear data about individual storms in regards to intensity, no just the number of total storms.  Stockholm, where I live for instance, is experiencing dramatically different weather than normal-it's pretty well talked about here.  Super cold, snowy winters, and too warm summers.  But what about the rest of the world?  

This should be a very easy argument to settle and niether party is really hitting the mark.  Get individual weather reports from individual cities and locations around the world and then determine from that data how many of them are experiencing abnormal weather.  The stuff he was talking about didn't really relate to the actual issue-which is individual temps and weather in different locations around the world.  The thing about the ice caps not melting though is interesting, that should be another easy one to find out...why is there an argument at all?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2010, 11:14:09 AM »
Going Green  is a money maker, those like Al Gore who support it, have tons of money invested in Green companies...so it would stand to reason that Lord Monckton does as well...one only needs to know who is backing him...basically its Green either way, money has a lot to play in this.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2010, 12:21:42 PM »
Swedish Viking: By his calculations the human added co2 elevated levels could account for maybe 0,5-1 degrees celcius in the next 100 years, by that time fossil fuels will run out anyway. So I really believe this mass paranoia is bullshit. Watch the vids man they're very informative and interesting. God jul ;D.

CO2 is only one factor to take into account out of HUNDREDS when it comes to climate change.  The charlatans just preach this one single factor as a base for their argument.  Go talk to any person studying this field and they'll laugh at you for mentioning CO2 emissions or "scientific consensus".  Any respectable scientist will agree that science is not based on consensus and the idea is laughable at best.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 12:24:39 PM »
When did the queers start calling it "climate change" instead of "global warming?"

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2010, 12:26:10 PM »
When did the queers start calling it "climate change" instead of "global warming?"
To cover it it gettting cold or warm...all extremes, so that "they" are not wrong...A umbrella term

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
To cover it it gettting cold or warm...all extremes, so that "they" are not wrong...A umbrella term

Thats kinda what I thought.....guess it being cold enough to freeze shit in a chicken in europe and about half the US in an ice-age kinda put a crimp in the "global warming" terminology.....idiots.. ...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2010, 12:38:18 PM »
Thats kinda what I thought.....guess it being cold enough to freeze shit in a chicken in europe and about half the US in an ice-age kinda put a crimp in the "global warming" terminology.....idiots.. ...
Well, there is the thoery that the earth is shifting poles...and there is evidence that Antantica used to be hot, even after the Mega-continent broke apart.

And the fact that some shit seems to happen around 5,200 yrs (hence the Mayan Calendar having our epoch ending at 2012), seems to coorraberate the notion that some shit will and has happened...

Bascially the argument for and against climate change, global warming, whatever you want to call it,  is waste of time, because nobody knows...which fucking sad...I bet them Greys are shaking their head and saying, "And they want come up here with us? These mutherfckers?"

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 01:07:21 PM »

okay xerxez his first point is that carbon dioxide is only one of many greenhouse gases, and that we can only make a very small change to the composition of the atmosphere even after we burn all the fossil fuelson the planet. Wed only displace a thousandth of the atmosphere. And this is too tiny to cause any difference.

He is a smart guy, but like I said before, completely uneducated.  Yes, carbons only one of many green house gases and his statistics regarding how much we can potentially change the composition of the atmosphere are accurate. However!!!! What he doesn't know or isn't sayings that carbon dioxide is the second most influential of all of the green house gases. Watervapor is the primary greenhouse gas, responsible For 40-70% of the insulation, while carbon dioxide is second causing 10-30% of the insulation.

He says the atmosphere only warms the planet about 25 degrees or so. Well let's say it only warms the planets 20degrees. We keep adding 50 billion tons of carbon dioxide every year and we make it worth 30% of the insulation, guess what.. That's  a 6 degree change. Enough to cause mass extinction.

So there you have it, took me 2 minutes to refute that idiot. Like I told you, listen to the educated experts when they have a consensus, not some unlearned conservative piece of trash.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2010, 01:14:02 PM »
hey moron, the 50 billion tons of co2 we add to the atmosphere every year is causing our earth to absorb and retain more solar radiation than it should be, and this is causing our long term average temperature to rise. Aka global warming. The fact that there is extremely unusual weather, especially extremely unusually cold, indicates a disruption to our weather systems. If you knew anything about our planet, like how solar radiation effects global weather patterns, you would understand that the increase in carbon are responsible for the extreme colds, extreme droughts, extreme changes in ocean currents and acidity, etc etc etc. Warming is the long term global trend.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2010, 01:18:46 PM »
Science 3 December 2004:
Vol. 306 no. 5702 p. 1686
DOI: 10.1126/science.1103618
ESSAYS ON SCIENCE AND SOCIETY
BEYOND THE IVORY TOWER

The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change

Policy-makers and the media, particularly in the United States, frequently assert that climate science is highly uncertain. Some have used this as an argument against adopting strong measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. For example, while discussing a major U.S. Environmental Protection Agency report on the risks of climate change, then-EPA administrator Christine Whitman argued, “As [the report] went through review, there was less consensus on the science and conclusions on climate change” (1). Some corporations whose revenues might be adversely affected by controls on carbon dioxide emissions have also alleged major uncertainties in the science (2). Such statements suggest that there might be substantive disagreement in the scientific community about the reality of anthropogenic climate change. This is not the case.

The scientific consensus is clearly expressed in the reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Created in 1988 by the World Meteorological Organization and the United Nations Environmental Programme, IPCC's purpose is to evaluate the state of climate science as a basis for informed policy action, primarily on the basis of peer-reviewed and published scientific literature (3). In its most recent assessment, IPCC states unequivocally that the consensus of scientific opinion is that Earth's climate is being affected by human activities: “Human activities … are modifying the concentration of atmospheric constituents … that absorb or scatter radiant energy. … [M]ost of the observed warming over the last 50 years is likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations” [p. 21 in (4)].

IPCC is not alone in its conclusions. In recent years, all major scientific bodies in the United States whose members' expertise bears directly on the matter have issued similar statements. For example, the National Academy of Sciences report, Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions, begins: “Greenhouse gases are accumulating in Earth's atmosphere as a result of human activities, causing surface air temperatures and subsurface ocean temperatures to rise” [p. 1 in (5)]. The report explicitly asks whether the IPCC assessment is a fair summary of professional scientific thinking, and answers yes: “The IPCC's conclusion that most of the observed warming of the last 50 years is likely to have been due to the increase in greenhouse gas concentrations accurately reflects the current thinking of the scientific community on this issue” [p. 3 in (5)].

Others agree. The American Meteorological Society (6), the American Geophysical Union (7), and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) all have issued statements in recent years concluding that the evidence for human modification of climate is compelling (8).

The drafting of such reports and statements involves many opportunities for comment, criticism, and revision, and it is not likely that they would diverge greatly from the opinions of the societies' members. Nevertheless, they might downplay legitimate dissenting opinions. That hypothesis was tested by analyzing 928 abstracts, published in refereed scientific journals between 1993 and 2003, and listed in the ISI database with the keywords “climate change” (9).

The 928 papers were divided into six categories: explicit endorsement of the consensus position, evaluation of impacts, mitigation proposals, methods, paleoclimate analysis, and rejection of the consensus position. Of all the papers, 75% fell into the first three categories, either explicitly or implicitly accepting the consensus view; 25% dealt with methods or paleoclimate, taking no position on current anthropogenic climate change. Remarkably, none of the papers disagreed with the consensus position.

Admittedly, authors evaluating impacts, developing methods, or studying paleoclimatic change might believe that current climate change is natural. However, none of these papers argued that point.

This analysis shows that scientists publishing in the peer-reviewed literature agree with IPCC, the National Academy of Sciences, and the public statements of their professional societies. Politicians, economists, journalists, and others may have the impression of confusion, disagreement, or discord among climate scientists, but that impression is incorrect.

The scientific consensus might, of course, be wrong. If the history of science teaches anything, it is humility, and no one can be faulted for failing to act on what is not known. But our grandchildren will surely blame us if they find that we understood the reality of anthropogenic climate change and failed to do anything about it.

Many details about climate interactions are not well understood, and there are ample grounds for continued research to provide a better basis for understanding climate dynamics. The question of what to do about climate change is also still open. But there is a scientific consensus on the reality of anthropogenic climate change. Climate scientists have repeatedly tried to make this clear. It is time for the rest of us to listen.

References and Notes

1.↵ A. C. Revkin, K. Q. Seelye, New York Times A1 (19 June 2003).
2.↵ S. van den Hove, M. Le Menestrel, H.-C. de Bettignies, Climate Policy 2(1), 3 (2003).
3.↵ See www.ipcc.ch/about/about.htm.
4.↵ J. J. McCarthy, Ed. Climate Change 2001: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 2001).
5.↵ National Academy of Sciences Committee on the Science of Climate Change, Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions (National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 2001).
6.↵ American Meteorological Society, Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc. 84, 508 (2003).
7.↵ American Geophysical Union, Eos 84(51), 574 (2003).
8.↵ See www.ourplanet.com/aaas/pages/atmos02.html.
9.↵ The first year for which the database consistently published abstracts was 1993. Some abstracts were deleted from our analysis because, although the authors had put “climate change” in their key words, the paper was not about climate change.
10. This essay is excerpted from the 2004 George Sarton Memorial Lecture, “Consensus in science: How do we know we're not wrong,” presented at the AAAS meeting on 13 February 2004. I am grateful to AAAS and the History of Science Society for their support of this lectureship; to my research assistants S. Luis and G. Law; and to D. C. Agnew, K. Belitz, J. R. Fleming, M. T. Greene, H. Leifert, and R. C. J. Somerville for helpful discussions.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
Good. Let me explain just a little bit more.. Nothing too technical, to give some more insight..

Fossil fuels are just that. Fossils. All life is based on carbon. The fossilized remains of hundreds of thousands, millions of years of life on earth, mostly vegetation, collects and compresses and forms into fossil fuel. Aka oil.  These vast amounts of oil under the earths surface provide the planet with a carbon reserve tank. Basically, we only need so much carbon in the atmosphere at any time, but we have an abundance of carbon on the planet,so we have a carbon cycle where a large portion of the unnecessarycarbonis stored as fossil fuels aka oil. At no point in the natural earth process would those fossil fuels ever be released in large amounts into the planets atmosphere/ life cycle. We are, by harvesting and burning it off, releasing our vast excess, our reserves, of carbon into the atmosphere, clogging our life cycle with too much of a substance that plays a very integral and vital role in most of our weather systems.

As of right now the amount of carbon in our atmosphere is higher than it has ever been while life has existed.

spinnis

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 01:44:03 PM »
well ive seen a few documentaries and its melting.. If its because of us or not no oen can say, if its at an Alarming rate or not, no one can tell yet, But It is melting and sooner of later sea level will rise, and Alot of americans are Fucked when it happens. might now happen now, or in 100 years but it will =)

wish I recall the name of the one I was watching, it wasn't any "omg its melting!!" documentary just a normal one with a few experts with 20+ yers of studying the ice whereever the fuck it was

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 01:48:03 PM »
hey moron, the 50 billion tons of co2 we add to the atmosphere every year is causing our earth to absorb and retain more solar radiation than it should be, and this is causing our long term average temperature to rise. Aka global warming. The fact that there is extremely unusual weather, especially extremely unusually cold, indicates a disruption to our weather systems. If you knew anything about our planet, like how solar radiation effects global weather patterns, you would understand that the increase in carbon are responsible for the extreme colds, extreme droughts, extreme changes in ocean currents and acidity, etc etc etc. Warming is the long term global trend.

As Emmortal said, fagg, that is only one factor out of HUNDREDS to take into account.  I'm very proud that you retained something your profs propogated in Ecology 101..... but as usual, you are just blowing smoke about a topic and can only cut and paste to back up your stupidity.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2010, 01:50:08 PM »
Good. Let me explain just a little bit more.. Nothing too technical, to give some more insight..

Fossil fuels are just that. Fossils. All life is based on carbon. The fossilized remains of hundreds of thousands, millions of years of life on earth, mostly vegetation, collects and compresses and forms into fossil fuel. Aka oil.  These vast amounts of oil under the earths surface provide the planet with a carbon reserve tank. Basically, we only need so much carbon in the atmosphere at any time, but we have an abundance of carbon on the planet,so we have a carbon cycle where a large portion of the unnecessarycarbonis stored as fossil fuels aka oil. At no point in the natural earth process would those fossil fuels ever be released in large amounts into the planets atmosphere/ life cycle. We are, by harvesting and burning it off, releasing our vast excess, our reserves, of carbon into the atmosphere, clogging our life cycle with too much of a substance that plays a very integral and vital role in most of our weather systems.

As of right now the amount of carbon in our atmosphere is higher than it has ever been while life has existed.

What's your gods role in all of this  ???
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2010, 01:51:12 PM »

As Emmortal said, fagg, that is only one factor out of HUNDREDS to take into account.  I'm very proud that you retained something your profs propogated in Ecology 101..... but as usual, you are just blowing smoke about a topic and can only cut and paste to back up your stupidity.

::) carbon is the only factor to take into account. What he meant, I can only assume, is that WARMING is only one out of hundreds of effects that we should be concerned with.

Stupid southern rednecks, as always, don't know shit about shit

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2010, 01:52:15 PM »
::) carbon is the only factor to take into account. What he meant, I can only assume, is that WARMING is only one out of hundreds of effects that we should be concerned with.

Stupid southern rednecks, as always, don't know shit about shit

So you honestly think the ONLY factor involved in warming the planet is CO2?  oh brother.....

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »
What's your gods role in all of this  ???
Read the post you quoted. The earth has more carbon than necessary, but has evolved to form a carbon cycle, with massive reserves of fossilized life compressed into liquid form where our excess carbon can remain. God is pretty amazing   8) you should check out the hydrologic cycle, and other cool weather stuff like the intertropical convergance zone and how it regulates all of the climates on the planet.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »
So you honestly think the ONLY factor involved in warming the planet is CO2?  oh brother.....
Searchingfor ghosts my dumb relative, never would I say that, in context to the issue of " global warming"   aka  the increase in atmospheric carbon, yes.. Carbon is the only factor to take into account. By definition. Retard.  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2010, 01:57:22 PM »
Read the post you quoted. The earth has more carbon than necessary, but has evolved to form a carbon cycle, with massive reserves of fossilized life compressed into liquid form where our excess carbon can remain. God is pretty amazing   8) you should check out the hydrologic cycle, and other cool weather stuff like the intertropical convergance zone and how it regulates all of the climates on the planet.

I vaguely remember it from an Enviro class I had quite a few years ago....  Half-ass remember something about the planets orbit and ocean circulation playing a major role.....