Author Topic: Climate change/global warming is real  (Read 38090 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: "Climate change"
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
its funny how the general public doesnt argue about the specific material types and coatings and angles used in stealth aircraft design yet they think that they are better credentialed than the world's collective climatologists and scientists to judge climate change.

the very same sort of brains are putting spaceships into orbit and remotely controlling rovers on mars and coming up with cures for diseases and breaking codes like DNA and dark matter and just because the public have access to "similar data"- they think they can make some conclusions.

I'll go with hundreds of statisticians and experts who are working on this and who have concluded that we are contributing.

its not a far stretch to believe that our pollutants arent doing anyone any good.

Or should we wait to see if there really is catastrophic consequences?

The fact is, if we do nothing, then we die wondering if we shouldve. If we do something, and we die- at least we tried.

qft. I'd love for xerxez and monckton to be right, but the experts believe otherwise.

Xerxez I don't know everything but when I make opinions I tend to go with consensus of experts + consensus of scientific studies.

Here's the experts: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/bams-state-of-the-climate/

Free spirit...  Climatology not a science? LOL

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
Welcome to life. Keep thinking and believing what you want, how many times have liberal bullshit has been proven to be politically motivated lies? And you call us sheep?
Typical right wing nut thinks if he speaks louder then the majority that he can blot out all logic and rationale.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 12:46:33 PM »
Yes, and Al Gore was right (oh brother)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 12:47:59 PM »
I'm sending some displaced Polar Bears to your house...please argue with them..

Stick to men in thongs

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »
Stick to men in thongs
Unfortunately, I don't stick to anything...and men in thongs are not my forte...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
If you are a seeker of the truth, without an agenda (tbombz and others), please look at these videos and then come back to me and tell me if your opinion hasn't changed.

[
. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Monckton,_3rd_Viscount_Monckton_of_Brenchley

Zero education in any scientific field  :)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »
Brutal argument. Thats why I didn't bother replying in case you wondered XD.
Polar Bears don't argue, that's why i.m sending them to you...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
What does it matter when all your educated UN consensus could do was lie to you? Please watch the videos. Brutal agenda.
why would u listen to anyone's opinion on a subject in which they have no education? Especially when their opinion is contrary to the opinion of all those people who do have an education in the field in question?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 01:03:06 PM »
Basically, climate change is rubbish.

no shit sherlock  :D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 01:07:37 PM »
on a serious note I don't even like to talk with people anymore about anything else but pussy and partying.

Why?

Because nobody has an open mind... even the people who encourage others to have open minds have closed minds themselves. Everyone wants to believe what they want to believe because that something would make their puny lives worth it. Nobody rly wants to know the truth and that's why they have allready made up their minds.

Everytime someone sayes "yeah it's because the climate is changing" it makes me so annoyed  :-\, and it's useless to talk to these people because any critisism have been taught to be teflon head rubbish.

It's annoying to talk with people who give no chanse to logic.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »
If you think that mankind is "killing" the earth and climate change is all our fault then I suggest you live your "faith".  Cast off civilization. No cars, no bikes, no buses, no motorcycles, just walking.  Everywhere.  No cheating either. 

Grow your own food.  From scratch.  And you can't cook it because fire is "bad".  No smoking either, not even your precious weed, because again, fire  (and smoke) equals "evil".  No doctors and no medicine for you, just head over to your local shaman for natural examinations, chanting and "cures", but again, no smoking even if its for "medicinal" purposes.  No mass produced clothing for you either.  You are to be pure and natural, little earthlings.  And when you turn into full blown eco-zombies, no standing on a street corner asking for change. 

If you do, people are just going to point you toward D.C. and tell you to go see the guy that promised you all the change you wanted. 

Climate change is a hoax.  Global warming is a hoax.  Volcanoes have erupted and dumped far more particulates into the air in a short amount of time and those amounts are undeniably greater than every internal combustion engine (or as the pussies like to call them, ICE) vehicle ever produced.  Are we still here?  Yes.

Those that vomit such tripe as a belief in global warming remind me of these mental eunuchs crying about the death of trees.

I noticed that none of them were naked and all appeared more than well fed.  They also appear to be quite stoooooooooooooooooooopi d.

They are pathetic.  So are global warming enthusiasts.  That shit is their religion.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
Global warming is horseshit. The earth heats up and cools done on a huge scale, over many decades, it's done that since before we were here and it'll do it long after were gOne.

Anyone who thinks that were causing this shit, or that were going to damage the earth, is a moron who is trying to exaggerate the importance of our species on this planet. It operates on a scale we can't imagine. We are fucking mosquitoes to the earth, tiny bugs that will die in an eyeblink to it.
People are so fucking stupid. Good job xerxes, think for yourself and be careful not to step in the bullshit of "idealists" who think the human race has way more power than it does.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
I take it none of you bothered watching it then. Oh well...

would you bother with a video from a guy who was calling evolution a hoax?

would you bother with a video from a guy who was calling mass-energy equivelance a hoax?

would you bother with a video from a guy who was saying that the earth is flat?

at what point do you accept the experts opinion's and disregard the uneducated?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »
would you bother with a video from a guy who was calling evolution a hoax?

would you bother with a video from a guy who was calling mass-energy equivelance a hoax?

would you bother with a video from a guy who was saying that the earth is flat?

at what point do you accept the experts opinion's and disregard the uneducated?

Because experts have agendas just like everyone else, including you. Don't just blindly take what you're told asmfact, think for yourself. The earth has always heated up and cooled down over a long period of time, ad the emount of gases we expel is insignificant... It's just another scientific fad. Start thinking logically.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2010, 05:46:02 PM »
Because experts have agendas just like everyone else, including you. Don't just blindly take what you're told asmfact, think for yourself. The earth has always heated up and cooled down over a long period of time, ad the emount of gases we expel is insignificant... It's just another scientific fad. Start thinking logically.
yes, the evil scientists of the world, their plan to spend a decade of their life becoming educated in a field of science so that they could spend another decade of their life doing research in the field so they could appear credible to the public at which point they would create a grand hoax and recieve millions in funding to continue their research !!!! hahaha!! the evil scientists have won!!!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D   

insignificant amount ??
Every year humans add over 30 billion tons of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere

You can not be convinced no matter how hard the evidence. I do not wish to discuss the matter with you anymore as you just disregard it. Everything you just said is totally irrelevant.

Yes he doesn't even bother looking at the videos presented, just chimed in on the topic with his own preconceived notion of what is right. If he bothered to watch the just over 30min long 1-4 vids he would know how much he has been lied to by these scientists and politicians he trusts so much aka the "consensus".

Fucking annoying discussing anything with you tbombz :/

please, if you feel he makes any points worth noting, do post them here and ill look into them with an open mind. i honestly wish you are right, and hope our massive contribution to the carbon in the atmosphere/oceans is harmless.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 06:25:40 PM »
Let it be noted that I believed just like you, that the "global warming" was dangerous, but I realize now I was just ill informed. The last 9 years it's actually been colder ???.

so why have the polar icecaps been melting in an alarming rate?

when the ice cap in Greenland and the Arctic melt, it will dump a whole lot of fresh water into the northern Atlantic.  This will disrupt the Gulf Current, warm water that travels from the Gulf of Mexico up the east coast of the US and then across to Europe and then back down the other side.  Note that Europe is a lot further north than the US, yet has mild winters.  That's because of the Gulf Current.  Disrupt the Gulf Current and Europe goes into a deep freeze.

sure this has all happened many times naturally in the past.  but its usually over thousands of years.  This current change is happening very quickly.  It's happened before, but in the past there weren't 6 billion people trying to live here.  Climate change today will cause widespread famine, widespread migration. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2010, 06:28:05 PM »
An "alarming rate" by who's standards?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2010, 06:28:24 PM »
yes, the evil scientists of the world, their plan to spend a decade of their life becoming educated in a field of science so that they could spend another decade of their life doing research in the field so they could appear credible to the public at which point they would create a grand hoax and recieve millions in funding to continue their research !!!! hahaha!! the evil scientists have won!!!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D    

insignificant amount ??
Every year humans add over 30 billion tons of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere

please, if you feel he makes any points worth noting, do post them here and ill look into them with an open mind. i honestly wish you are right, and hope our massive contribution to the carbon in the atmosphere/oceans is harmless.
Lol.
Not to mention you act like scientists are ALWAYS right, and they NEVER have agendas. Scientists are wrong all the time. But they always try and push it as fact, even if its just speculation. You simply posted how much we dump in. You didnt post what kind of percentage that is compared to everything else.
As has been said, a volcano erupting does more damage than every vehichle running.
Thats my point.
AND, the earth has climate cycles, over very long periods of time, it goes through very gradual heat up and cool off periods, so the fact remains, they have NO proof that was is happening isnt just another one of the earths heat cycles.
Not to mention, we as people feel we are doing SO much damage, when in reality, were akin to mosiquotes on the earth.
It doesnt even feel us.
A nuclear war would be akin to us giving the earth malaria. Lol.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
 Climate change is happening. And yes, all the tons and tons of chemicals that we humans burn everyday is contributing to it.

Do I care? No. Let the apocalypse come and destroy us all.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2010, 07:01:20 PM »
How is it "alarming rate" ?  Who told you it was an "alarming rate" and why? When the this and that melts what? Post some proof that they will melt? Please take a look at all the lies you have been fed by the media exposed in Mr.Mocktons 35min seminar. That will address your worries.

I have posted a link from cryospheretoday where sea ice levels have seen little to no change in the last 40 years. How alarming can it be, really? Especially with the world being becoming colder the last 10 years ??? ?
This.
Houston Texas had its first snow in a really long time last year, if ever, If I remember right.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2010, 08:16:48 PM »
How is it "alarming rate" ?  Who told you it was an "alarming rate" and why? When the this and that melts what? Post some proof that they will melt? Please take a look at all the lies you have been fed by the media exposed in Mr.Mocktons 35min seminar. That will address your worries.

I have posted a link from cryospheretoday where sea ice levels have seen little to no change in the last 40 years. How alarming can it be, really? Especially with the world being becoming colder the last 10 years ??? ?

you want me to watch a 30min video by someone who has no education, but you obviously havent even looked at the facts presented by teams of experts. the last decade was the hottest on record. 2007 was the 2nd hotttest year on record, 1998 the first.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »
you want me to watch a 30min video by someone who has no education, but you obviously havent even looked at the facts presented by teams of experts. the last decade was the hottest on record. 2007 was the 2nd hotttest year on record, 1998 the first.
Xerxes has a point here.
Youre telling him, you only care what the scientists say, and you dont care if there is information out there that shows theyre wrong.
If you were really interested in knowing the truth, you would watch the videos, if nothing else, just to see the counter argument.
You dont care though.
You just want to believe in GW, for whatever reason.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2010, 08:52:23 PM »
Its a bunch of horseshit.
Im sure there is something, but people are getting all riled up over practically nothing. So worried about the earth, the earth doesnt care about us, its constantly changing, working, repairing, changing.
Our effect isnt going to do anything major to the planet.
It may cause some effects that we humans find uncomfortable, but were not gonna damage the earth. Its way to far beyond our potential to damage.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »
so why have the polar icecaps been melting in an alarming rate?

when the ice cap in Greenland and the Arctic melt, it will dump a whole lot of fresh water into the northern Atlantic.  This will disrupt the Gulf Current, warm water that travels from the Gulf of Mexico up the east coast of the US and then across to Europe and then back down the other side.  Note that Europe is a lot further north than the US, yet has mild winters.  That's because of the Gulf Current.  Disrupt the Gulf Current and Europe goes into a deep freeze.

sure this has all happened many times naturally in the past.  but its usually over thousands of years.  This current change is happening very quickly.  It's happened before, but in the past there weren't 6 billion people trying to live here.  Climate change today will cause widespread famine, widespread migration. 

The Gulf Current being the cause for europe's mild climate is an urban legend.

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/res/div/ocp/gs/
from incomplete data

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »
Yes. Take a look at this one where he confronts them, and they are speechless and begin arguing by with irrelevant responses, they try to pull a "tbombz" with the latest century has been warmest ever yada yada, but he addresses that too.

(if you haven't seen the 1-4 videos I posted earlier I suggest you do, it is truly an eyeopener of how much we've been lied to, even if not now or today, take the time to see it)
lol.'
Dudes a badass.
And he has a point.
You can see these fuckers running around like little good sheep, invading shit and yelling at the top of there lungs, scaring people. Its sad, the state today, where shit like this happens.  :-\