Author Topic: Climate change/global warming is real  (Read 37892 times)

Xerxes

Climate change/global warming is real
« on: December 18, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »

Jizzacked

Re: "Climate change"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
not hatin' bro but can we get some cliff notes?  shit is 10+ mins long...

Jizzacked

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 07:54:46 PM »
Basically, climate change is rubbish.

Edit: Human acceleration of climate change is rubbish.

thanks... no offense but I am going to take a pass on this one  ;D

however, let me hit you with some sick die antwoord shit... I know you have eclectic taste in music so I would like to hear your input on this one.  personally I think it's off the fuckin chain  ;D

Jizzacked

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 08:02:30 PM »
My honest opinion: It's wack, weird mixing of genres, they're living on this weirdo gimmick/image and will be a footnote in musical history. Some sections of the methhead rapping does have good flow, but I still can't understand shit of what they're saying. ;D

yeah its a mix of english/afrikaans (south african speak)... shit is fierce though, and something about that little albino bitch is strangely mesmerizing and arousing  ;D

Jizzacked

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »
I see, perhaps I'd like it more of I knew afrikaans XD. That bitch is intriguing tho, would definitely hit.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:08:56 PM »
xerxes dont be stupid

Jizzacked

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 08:10:19 PM »
lol... t "that 'guy' is hot" bombz dropping science up in here

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 08:13:15 PM »
No wonder Al Gore has gone into hiding

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 08:22:31 PM »
thanks... no offense but I am going to take a pass on this one  ;D

however, let me hit you with some sick die antwoord shit... I know you have eclectic taste in music so I would like to hear your input on this one.  personally I think it's off the fuckin chain  ;D

3:01 they just had to write the pentagram on someone  ???
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 09:08:05 PM »
"Global warming" Ahahahahahahahahhaha!

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 09:12:22 PM »
"Global warming" Ahahahahahahahahhaha!
What about the hole in the ozone layer coach? Did that just happen naturally? Right.... i forgot you have an inability to think. I always have to remind myself of this before i return a comment to you.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »
Welcome to life. Keep thinking and believing what you want, how many times have liberal bullshit has been proven to be politically motivated lies? And you call us sheep?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 03:51:37 AM »
The "weather" is acting strange those last few years, thats a fact.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 03:59:55 AM »
I love how the Illuminati has everyone worrying about global warming while they manipulate weather and we are entering a mini ICE AGE.

Anglo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 04:19:29 AM »
not hatin' bro but can we get some cliff notes?  shit is 10+ mins long...

Brutal ADD

In summary the prople that control your life want your money and freedom and will use the earth including humans and the "damage" we create as the new wave of "Terror" -fear controls like nothing else

The earth is a constantly adaptive organisim, forever cooling always changing, co2 emmissions make a difference, however our species will NOT be around to see the conquences.
The only sure thing science knows is thet in 7 billion years the sun will finish it's life cycle, xpand and engluf the the solar system, but before then the Andromeda galixy is on a direct collision course with our milky way, so it's wave by by

Whatever species that remains on earth at that time will be as different from us, as we are from the first bacteria 14billion years ago, whatever sees the sun transform into red dwarf, if certainly wont be us- thank fuck

Harry Spotter

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 04:27:04 AM »
Did you even watch the video tbombz?

Edit: Once again mr tbombz, the all knowing oracle, kind enough to share his fountain of knowledge  ::).

tbombs consistently shows that he has just enough information to be dangerous.   

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »
Did you even watch the video tbombz?

Edit: Once again mr tbombz, the all knowing oracle, kind enough to share his fountain of knowledge  ::).
Fact: over 90% of climatologists agree that global warming, aka drastically and rapidly increasing levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, is real and caused by humans.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »
Basically, climate change is rubbish.

Edit: Human acceleration of climate change is rubbish.

My teacher (meteorology) in college thinks the same. It's bullshit.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »
My teacher (meteorology) in college thinks the same. It's bullshit.
Yep, them glaciers melting at accellerated rates and the ice caps melting quicker, is utter bullshit...yep, those holes in the ozone layer are fake...has nothing to do with us...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »
“Despite the variability caused by short-term changes, the analysis conducted for this report illustrates why we are so confident the world is warming,” said Peter Stott, Ph.D., contributor to the report and head of Climate Monitoring and Attribution of the United Kingdom Met Office Hadley Centre. “When we look at air temperature and other indicators of climate, we see highs and lows in the data from year to year because of natural variability. Understanding climate change requires looking at the longer-term record. When we follow decade-to-decade trends using multiple data sets and independent analyses from around the world, we see clear and unmistakable signs of a warming world.”

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/20100728_stateoftheclimate.html

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 11:19:47 AM »
Did you see the video? Accelerated rate? Go to 4:45 in the video.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/05/24/lord-monckton-wins-global-warming-debate-at-oxford-union/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_gate
.  From your "climate gate" link :

The investigations concluded that there was no evidence of scientific malpractice and Jones was cleared of any scientific misconduct.[11] They reported that while sharing of data and methods was in line with common scientific practice, it was desirable that there should be greater openness and information sharing.[12] The Select Committee report concluded that "the scientific reputation of Jones and the CRU was untarnished".[8] The CRU was commended for their maintenance of temperature proxy chronologies by the Science Assessment Panel, which also found that although some of their statistical methods may not have been the best for the purpose, better methods might not have produced significantly different results. The panel deplored the tone of much of the criticism and said some was "selective and uncharitable", but believed the questioning would result in improvements to working practices.[13] The question of alleged failure to comply fully with the Freedom of Information Act was left to the third review, published on 7 July, which concluded that the responsibility lay with the university administration rather than with the CRU research unit.[12] It said that there was "unhelpfulness in responding to requests" and that "e-mails might have been deleted in order to make them unavailable should a subsequent request be made for them".[14][15] A separate review by Penn State University into accusations against Michael E. Mann cleared him of any wrongdoing, concluding that "there is no substance" to the allegations against him

:)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 11:22:50 AM »
Fact: over 90% of climatologists agree that global warming, aka drastically and rapidly increasing levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, is real and caused by humans.

Fact? First, climatology is not science, and second, the level of carbon dioxide is for more than 99% NOT caused by humans.

All you do is repeat lies, and that makes you a liar yourself.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
its funny how the general public doesnt argue about the specific material types and coatings and angles used in stealth aircraft design yet they think that they are better credentialed than the world's collective climatologists and scientists to judge climate change.

the very same sort of brains are putting spaceships into orbit and remotely controlling rovers on mars and coming up with cures for diseases and breaking codes like DNA and dark matter and just because the public have access to "similar data"- they think they can make some conclusions.

I'll go with hundreds of statisticians and experts who are working on this and who have concluded that we are contributing.

its not a far stretch to believe that our pollutants arent doing anyone any good.

Or should we wait to see if there really is catastrophic consequences?

The fact is, if we do nothing, then we die wondering if we shouldve. If we do something, and we die- at least we tried.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
Hey Parker and tbombz, please explain this to me, because it tells me there has been basically no change in level of sea ice area in the last 40 years and yet you claim the melting is unusual and accelerated. Please backup your claims.

looks like a change to me actually. and thats only a 40 year window. 40 years is a very short period of time to be able to get an assessment from, yet that shows a definite trend. the graph, if extended to 100 years probably trends the same. the argument is if it trends the same during the period beyond industrialisation.

Whether the warming is human accelerated, or part of a natural fluctuation doesnt really matter does it?...many other data sources exist - that strangely arent part of the counter argument- that show acceleration. This could very well be a combination of the natural phenom AND human contribution.

The Ozone is a different argument altogether. emissions on their own dont affect the O3 layer. its the type of emissions. The world banned most of the harmful emissions about 2 decades ago.

i suppose the correlation of hydrocarbons and ozone depletion- and the banned use of them and ozone replenishment- means nothing also?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »
Did you see the video? Accelerated rate? Go to 4:45 in the video.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/05/24/lord-monckton-wins-global-warming-debate-at-oxford-union/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_gate
I'm sending some displaced Polar Bears to your house...please argue with them..