Author Topic: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig  (Read 155692 times)

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
Re: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig
« Reply #1125 on: January 15, 2014, 10:20:42 PM »
you got that wrong, bigro is lifetime natural

go4it has admited to do blast and cruise(he labels it ship cruise for legal reasons)lovely thing to hear 8)
hey its true  I tried everything over the years    YOu know the more is better routine.... 6 small meals a day  balh blah blah      And the truth is its the easiest thing to do..  No meal planning  no extra cooking.     wake up start my day  no eating no cleaning...  go to work no wasted time with lunches
hit the gym on my way home  come home make some good lean food  enjoy some diet soda  ..   life is good
a

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #1126 on: January 15, 2014, 10:23:01 PM »
I want to see BigRo go Pro. How old is he?
$

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #1127 on: January 15, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »
hey its true  I tried everything over the years    YOu know the more is better routine.... 6 small meals a day  balh blah blah      And the truth is its the easiest thing to do..  No meal planning  no extra cooking.     wake up start my day  no eating no cleaning...  go to work no wasted time with lunches
hit the gym on my way home  come home make some good lean food  enjoy some diet soda  ..   life is good
yah sam ehere ep on sunny summer day, get up, a coffee and off to the beach.boom.

none of this oh i must eat half oz chikan and 1/3cup of brown rice,or all fails.lol, this is why we shot suplements into us, to not be bothrd with such stuff.

only 30gramms protein at a time?haha, what is that diet for soocer mom?if you can eat 2lbs chicken at once, all good.and wont feel like eating again for a very long time :D
n

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1128 on: January 15, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
yah sam ehere ep on sunny summer day, get up, a coffee and off to the beach.boom.

none of this oh i must eat half oz chikan and 1/3cup of brown rice,or all fails.lol, this is why we shot suplements into us, to not be bothrd with such stuff.

only 30gramms protein at a time?haha, what is that diet for soocer mom?if you can eat 2lbs chicken at once, all good.and wont feel like eating again for a very long time :D
This is how I eat  large clean meals with no bullshit fillers.     Lean food in less waste out.   no feeling of shame from over eating garbage.
a

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1129 on: January 16, 2014, 12:54:50 AM »
does basic whey isolate work?

No. The hydrolysate takes it one step further in speed of assimilation. Whey isolate still has to go through the digestive process. Hydrolysate is referred to in this study as predigested protein but that's not technically true. Amino acids is what you get when protein is digested and amino acids is the form in which you body actually uses protein. Just like it doesn't matter if you eat a potato, oatmeal or jelly beans, it's all going to be broken down into sugar. Sugar is to carbohydrates as amino acids is to protein. So amino acids and sugar are not digested per se but immediately gets in your blood stream and assimilates. This study claims that hydrolysate doesn't need to be digested and is readily assimilate. Isolate is just a purer form of concentrate whereas hydrolysate has the peptides broken down into smaller fractions.

In addition to sugar and hydrolysate, I would still add creatine, BCAAs, EAA, glutamine and whatever else you body uses for recovery and hypertrophy in the intra workout drink. Might as well if you've using insulin so you cram as much nutrients in your body as you work out. I'd just go easy on the hydrolysate. Maybe just 25 grams and spike that with 10 grams of BCAAs and 10 grams of EAAs. I would think too much hydrolysate might cause stomach issues while training. But that's just speculation on my part. At least I know for sure that the amino acids, like sugar, will just go directly into your blood stream and the insulin will cram it in where it's needed.   

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1130 on: January 16, 2014, 12:57:20 AM »
so 45 pages later ... is there a consensus best (relatively current) physique on Getbig?

how about BigRo (for the non-naturals) and Go4It (for the naturals)?

I'd go with that.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1131 on: January 16, 2014, 12:58:42 AM »
I vote for gal
a

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1132 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:45 AM »
It's protein, why wouldn't it work?

I guess nobody read the actual study.

"Athletes who want to experiment with their protein intake during a training session probably won’t notice anything if they use ordinary proteins. It takes too long for the digestive system to break down the protein into pieces that are small enough to enter the bloodstream. But you could try pre-digested amino acids in a preparation like PeptoPro."

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #1133 on: January 16, 2014, 01:03:40 AM »
Arnold used bcaas and glutamine?
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #1134 on: January 16, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »
No. The hydrolysate takes it one step further in speed of assimilation. Whey isolate still has to go through the digestive process. Hydrolysate is referred to in this study as predigested protein but that's not technically true. Amino acids is what you get when protein is digested and amino acids is the form in which you body actually uses protein. Just like it doesn't matter if you eat a potato, oatmeal or jelly beans, it's all going to be broken down into sugar. Sugar is to carbohydrates as amino acids is to protein. So amino acids and sugar are not digested per se but immediately gets in your blood stream and assimilates. This study claims that hydrolysate doesn't need to be digested and is readily assimilate. Isolate is just a purer form of concentrate whereas hydrolysate has the peptides broken down into smaller fractions.

In addition to sugar and hydrolysate, I would still add creatine, BCAAs, EAA, glutamine and whatever else you body uses for recovery and hypertrophy in the intra workout drink. Might as well if you've using insulin so you cram as much nutrients in your body as you work out. I'd just go easy on the hydrolysate. Maybe just 25 grams and spike that with 10 grams of BCAAs and 10 grams of EAAs. I would think too much hydrolysate might cause stomach issues while training. But that's just speculation on my part. At least I know for sure that the amino acids, like sugar, will just go directly into your blood stream and the insulin will cram it in where it's needed.   
a friend of mine, a 300lb pro bodybuilders takes a lot of slin and has his whey isolate drinks and says he notices absolutely no difference, sure there is a difference in fast acting obviously between the two proteins, but we are talking an hour and a half in the gym for a simple protein shake, and fast acting slin, trust me the isolate protein is getting in there.

In fact all the top gurus say isolate will due, the only one who does not agree is Farah. The national level guys I know don't give a dam.

Isolates is fine for a work out shake with pre work out slin shot

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #1135 on: January 16, 2014, 01:13:48 AM »
Isolate vs Hydrolysate 

oh brother  ::)

Like it even matters.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #1136 on: January 16, 2014, 01:15:21 AM »
I guess nobody read the actual study.

"Athletes who want to experiment with their protein intake during a training session probably won’t notice anything if they use ordinary proteins. It takes too long for the digestive system to break down the protein into pieces that are small enough to enter the bloodstream. But you could try pre-digested amino acids in a preparation like PeptoPro."
no one is arguing that the hydrolyzed protein is not faster but I am certainly arguing that it is not necessary and we are splitting hairs here, you took your slin shot and down your shake at the beginning of your workout or even through out, that protein will be processed before your pump wears off a couple hours later by a long shot, hence taking it one step further maybe will be more profound but not necessary, but too say it will not work with simple isolate protein is crazy when all the bodybuilders I know use regular isolates

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1137 on: January 16, 2014, 02:02:11 AM »
a friend of mine, a 300lb pro bodybuilders takes a lot of slin and has his whey isolate drinks and says he notices absolutely no difference, sure there is a difference in fast acting obviously between the two proteins, but we are talking an hour and a half in the gym for a simple protein shake, and fast acting slin, trust me the isolate protein is getting in there.

In fact all the top gurus say isolate will due, the only one who does not agree is Farah. The national level guys I know don't give a dam.

Isolates is fine for a work out shake with pre work out slin shot

We're talking intra workout. You want the nutrients to be absorb immediately while you are training. I don't really trust feelings so when a person says he doesn't feel any difference it doesn't mean much to me. If someone is taking in dextrose while training as oppose to snacking on a few Doritos  between sets I doubt he will feel any difference either. The carbohydrates in the Doritos has to be digested and converted into sugar before it can be assimilated. Perhaps if the workout is long enough the Doritos that you ate at the beginning of the workout will be assimilated at the end of the workout. But when you ingest predigested protein (amino acids) and predigested carbohydrates (sugar) there is no lag time. It goes directly into the blood stream. That's why if your blood sugar drops and you go hypo you wouldn't want to eat oatmeal or potatoes. You want pure sugar. The effects will be immediate. Same with amino acids. Whey isolates, according to the study is not broken down into small enough fractions as hydrolysate and isn't assimilated as fast.   

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1138 on: January 16, 2014, 02:04:56 AM »
Isolate vs Hydrolysate 

oh brother  ::)

Like it even matters.

For most people and situations, real life results will probably be negligible. It's like pissing in the ocean. But for safety reasons, if you are taking novolog/humalog preworkout you do want to be sipping on a fast acting carbohydrate, i.e. sugar.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1139 on: January 16, 2014, 02:10:02 AM »
no one is arguing that the hydrolyzed protein is not faster but I am certainly arguing that it is not necessary and we are splitting hairs here, you took your slin shot and down your shake at the beginning of your workout or even through out, that protein will be processed before your pump wears off a couple hours later by a long shot, hence taking it one step further maybe will be more profound but not necessary, but too say it will not work with simple isolate protein is crazy when all the bodybuilders I know use regular isolates

Of course any nutrients you take will be assimilated by the body. But if subscribe to Milos theory that you want to immediately pump even more nutrients in the muscle as you are breaking it down with the aid of insulin the nutrients has to be readily available. Insulin can't shuttle nutrients into the cells unless it has already been digested and in the blood stream. This is in addition to the nutrients already in your blood stream from prior meals which are always there even if you are fasted. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #1140 on: January 16, 2014, 02:13:38 AM »

BTW, this is not me saying this. I'm no expert. I'm merely quoting the studies. If it were me, I would just stick to what the scientific study says. Buying a tub of isolate versus a tub of hydrolysate makes no difference to me. Besides, it just makes intuitive sense to me. I don't want to be taxing the digestive system while training.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1141 on: January 16, 2014, 02:39:56 AM »
None of this shit about what protein u take or when u take it matters. The only time meal timing matters is on insulin.

silverback1984

• Getbig II
« Reply #1142 on: January 16, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
I went up to 1400mg tren ace 4 weeks out from my last show.
Did u use Xanax for those wks or were you able to handle it ?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #1143 on: January 16, 2014, 08:37:10 AM »
No Xanax or other sleeping pills were used, if I need to next time I will use melatonin. Besides peeing alot at night I would get around  six hours sleep and a nap in the afternoon. 

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1144 on: January 16, 2014, 08:42:11 AM »
i always took about 400 grams of protein per day, almost all of it powder.

two things I always heard from people...

1.   your body cant use all that  protein

2.    holy fug you grow fast!!!

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #1145 on: January 16, 2014, 08:45:31 AM »
i always took about 400 grams of protein per day, almost all of it powder.

two things I always heard from people...

1.   your body cant use all that  protein

2.    holy fug you grow fast!!!

why the reliance on powders?

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #1146 on: January 16, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »
What do you eat ro. What do you take
a

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #1147 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »

thanks. I think this is something similar Justin harris did at one time, and used with kuclo.

2 scoops of waxy maize pre workout with 1 scoop pepto pro pre workout with 5 grams of bcaa's
1 scoop whey with 1 scoop waxy maize, 5g bcaa's during workout
2 scoop pepto pro, 2 scoops waxy maize, 15g bcaa's post workout

followed 90 minutes later by a whole meal with complex carbs and protein

something like that...

l

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1148 on: January 16, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »
why the reliance on powders?

not sure,   just lazy I think.  and owning a gym its all kinda free.

when I first started bodybuilding in the 80's and early 90's there really were no powders, so I was cooking 6 times a day and I think I just got sik of it

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #1149 on: January 16, 2014, 10:43:50 AM »
We're talking intra workout. You want the nutrients to be absorb immediately while you are training. I don't really trust feelings so when a person says he doesn't feel any difference it doesn't mean much to me. If someone is taking in dextrose while training as oppose to snacking on a few Doritos  between sets I doubt he will feel any difference either. The carbohydrates in the Doritos has to be digested and converted into sugar before it can be assimilated. Perhaps if the workout is long enough the Doritos that you ate at the beginning of the workout will be assimilated at the end of the workout. But when you ingest predigested protein (amino acids) and predigested carbohydrates (sugar) there is no lag time. It goes directly into the blood stream. That's why if your blood sugar drops and you go hypo you wouldn't want to eat oatmeal or potatoes. You want pure sugar. The effects will be immediate. Same with amino acids. Whey isolates, according to the study is not broken down into small enough fractions as hydrolysate and isn't assimilated as fast.   

I agree it is not broken down as fast but still broken down as fast as your body can up take during a workout, so no matter which route you take the results are the same because you body can only absorb so much at one given time and the isolates gives already more then it can handle.

In fact my friend, who has been on the Olympia stage BTW says he can no longer take the Hydrolysed with his mega carb drink cause it interferes with his workouts and causes gas