Author Topic: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.  (Read 35226 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.
« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »
You said this:

Which I just showed you was false.  

Then you said this:

And this:

When I asked for examples, you gave me one:  Jose Padilla, the convicted terrorist.  

So after all of my statements about it being allowed in official government policy, you focus on that one sentence to try to get your "I got you moment"?

Please.

You look foolish.

As I said, it has been a part of government policy for 15 years to allow for it.

Your semantics are weak.

How much of you were bothered when the Patriot act let you do the same thing?

Seriously?

And contempt of court doesn't require a trial... it NEVER HAS.

When were we talking about Tea in China?

I thought we were talking about American Citizens being locked up indefinitely without charges. (or being convicted)... which is exactly what the Patriot Act allows for.

Don't get high and mighty about it now because you want to use religion... This has been happening for different reasons for almost 15 years now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2015, 05:20:41 PM »

So after all of my statements about it being allowed in official government policy, you focus on that one sentence to try to get your "I got you moment"?

Please.

You look foolish.

As I said, it has been a part of government policy for 15 years to allow for it.

Your semantics are weak.

Actually it was you making a false statement (my lack of protests).  And your embellishment about numerous American citizens being held indefinitely without charges under the Patriot Act. 

But my work here is done.   ;D

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2015, 05:20:50 PM »
Of course. 
Well there you have it folks.

Because he said so.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2015, 05:21:42 PM »
Seriously?

Yes, I want to know.  I want to know how you'd trust that to happen.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: September 07, 2015, 05:22:09 PM »
Actually it was you making a false statement (my lack of protests).  And your embellishment about numerous American citizens being held indefinitely without charges under the Patriot Act.  

But my work here is done.   ;D

I made no such embellishment and I hardly think your 3 posts count as a protest, but sure, if it helps you sleep better at night.

You have made more statements about this Clerk being jailed for an actual contempt of court than you ever made about the premise of indefinite detentions under the patriot act or the NDAA.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: September 07, 2015, 05:24:41 PM »
Yes, I want to know.  I want to know how you'd trust that to happen.

Because of the media, the ACLU, the family members of those being imprisoned, public defenders, etc., etc.  If you think there are secret prisons in this country where people are being held under the Patriot Act without charges, indefinitely, and nobody knows about it, then you probably watch too many movies. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #406 on: September 07, 2015, 05:31:09 PM »
Because of the media, the ACLU, the family members of those being imprisoned, public defenders, etc., etc.  If you think there are secret prisons in this country where people are being held under the Patriot Act without charges, indefinitely, and nobody knows about it, then you probably watch too many movies. 

How would they find out?   How would that process work?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: September 07, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »
How would they find out?   How would that process work?

The same way it always works when we hear about alleged abuses of people's rights. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #408 on: September 07, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »
The same way it always works when we hear about alleged abuses of people's rights. 

How's that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: September 07, 2015, 05:38:34 PM »
How's that?

Reading.  Listening.  Watching.  Having half a brain. 

How do you always hear about alleged abuses? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #410 on: September 07, 2015, 05:42:53 PM »
No.  She is being imprisoned like a violent criminal for standing on principle.  And locking her up like a murderer is only making her bigger than she needs to be.  She is probably going to make money when this is all said and done.  

No she isn't.  She is being locked up like the troubler maker she is.  Locked up like a murderer?  I was unaware that a murderer could gain their freedom by agreeing not to "do it" anymore.

I disagree.  There are a number of ways this could have been handled other than locking her up indefinitely.  

She should have thought of that instead of acting like an asshat.  

The judge has taken over this whole situation, so I doubt anyone is getting fired.  Did she try and fire her employees?  

The judge has options and chose the most severe punishment, which should be reserved for criminals, not this woman.  

Defying a court order makes you what again?  

What law did she break?  

Jailing her isn't changing her behavior either.  

You mean there aren't laws protecting other people's rights from people trying to take them away?  

She disobeyed a court order.  She didn't break some law related to homosexual marriage.  

Actually part of the reason we lock people up is prevent them from committing more crime.  Same thing could have been accomplished without locking this woman up.

Certainly stopped her from continuing to deny other people their basic rights and liberties.  

Putting her in jail is not solving the problem.  

Seeing how marriage licenses have now resumed being handed out, I would say that YES putting her in jail did solve the problem.

I guess.  Not sure what point you're trying to make.

It would not surprise me to find atheists selectively quoting portions of a book about something they don't believe in to justify some viewpoint.  

No, it hasn't.  She's not going to comply, so is the judge going to lock her up until the next election? That's insane.  

No.  He is only locking her up until she agrees not to interfere with other people's civil liberties and common rights.  It's not indefinite.  She can leave anytime she wants to.  As long as she doesn't interfere in other people's lives anymore.  The fact that she chooses to remain in jail is solely her own choice which shows that she isn't going to stop meddling in affairs of other citizens in a negative way.

Because the judge is the one who ordered her to jail, indefinitely, when there were less harsh measures available.  

Indefinitely is at her discretion.  Not the judges'.  

It is not standard practice to lock someone up indefinitely for violating a court order related to homosexual marriage.  

Doesn't matter what the court order is for, violate it and pay the consequences.   Might as well get over this "indefinitely" claim.  It isn't true.

I'm not propping her up.  I'm saying that's the net effect of locking her up like a murderer.  

Again, last time I checked, a murderer was not free to walk and leave any time they wanted as long they "didn't do it anymore".

How many of them were locked up indefinitely for failing to obey a court order, where the person violated the order due to their religious beliefs, and the judge had less restrictive means available to enforce the order?  

Indefinitely.  Violating your religious beliefs does not justify denying other people their basic rights and liberties.  She refused the judges attempt at alternative solutions.

The free exercise of religion is exactly what this is about.  

I'm not sure anyone in this thread said she should be able to force her beliefs on others.  

No.  Freedom FROM religion is exactly what this is about.  People are not to have their rights trampled on and denied simply because of another person's beliefs.  

And if she doesn't comply, then what?  Lock her up until the next election?  

Sounds good to me.  

C'mon man.  You are telling me that even the smallest part of you is not bothered by locking up an American citizen indefinitely, without a trial, without having committed a crime like a common criminal? Seriously?  

It's not indefinite.  
Contempt of court doesn't require a trial.
Was unaware you could legally ignore a court's orders  and not face some kind of punishment.

We are talking about a woman in Kentucky being locked up indefinitely after violating a court order due to her sincerely held religious beliefs.  We're not talking about the Patriot Act, which has absolutely nothing to do with this woman.  

What has been happening for almost 15 years now?  

Not indefinitely.   ::)

You sure are spending a lot of time making excuses for this fellow Jesus warrior.  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #411 on: September 07, 2015, 05:44:14 PM »
No evidence needed to make a situation where no one can prove shit.

That's what criminals try to do, isn't it?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: September 07, 2015, 05:45:36 PM »
No evidence needed to make a situation where no one can prove shit.

That's what criminals try to do, isn't it?

How did you learn about Jose Padilla?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #413 on: September 07, 2015, 05:48:09 PM »
How did you learn about Jose Padilla?

He was charged, wasn't he?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: September 07, 2015, 05:51:28 PM »
He was charged, wasn't he?

Not until years after he was imprisoned.  How did you learn about him? 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #415 on: September 07, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
Not until years after he was imprisoned.  How did you learn about him? 

Was his bust made public record?  As a result of that, is the only way I can imagine.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: September 07, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
Was his bust made public record?  As a result of that, is the only way I can imagine.

The fact he was incarcerated was all over the media. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #417 on: September 07, 2015, 06:09:42 PM »
The fact he was incarcerated was all over the media. 

Because of what he was accused of?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: September 07, 2015, 06:16:09 PM »
Because of what he was accused of?

That and because he was being held without charges. 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #419 on: September 07, 2015, 06:25:07 PM »
I go to the beach for a day, and come back to 10 new pages of responding to trolling.  I feel left out.

1) the longest anyone has ever been held in contempt of court was 14 years in a divorce proceeding.  Lawyer husband was hiding millions from his wife. He was ordered to disclose the location of this money.  He refused.  Judge locked him up. 

Longest time a journalist has been jailed in contempt of court for protecting his sources is 226 days.

2) the Founding Fathers were not religious.  This was the time of The Enlightenment, finally saying we don't need religion to explain things.  Many of the Founding Fathers were Diest, which is saying well there may be a god but he is a distant god and doesn't get involved with what is going on here. Diests certainly don't believe the bible is the word of god.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #420 on: September 07, 2015, 06:36:28 PM »
That and because he was being held without charges.  

Was just reading about this guy.  You understand that it wasn't until a month after he was busted when he was declared an "enemy combatant", don't you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: September 07, 2015, 06:41:59 PM »
Was just reading about this guy.  You understand that it wasn't until a month after he was busted when he was declared an "enemy combatant", don't you?

No I didn't remember that detail.  And? 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #422 on: September 07, 2015, 06:47:29 PM »
No I didn't remember that detail.  And? 

Do you perhaps think that's how they knew?:

Because of the media, the ACLU, the family members of those being imprisoned, public defenders, etc., etc.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2015, 06:51:34 PM »
Do you perhaps think that's how they knew?:

I don't know exactly at what point they found out about it.  The point is they knew.  Just like you knew. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2015, 06:52:48 PM »
What the fuck. You guys are talking in circles. What about the moslem flight attendant?