Author Topic: Denise Rutowski - Needs Help - Gofundme  (Read 8961 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Denise Rutowski “gofundme “
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2023, 11:25:57 AM »
Amazing how if you cross the border illegally and make it to NYC they will put you up in luxury hotel like the Hotel Roosevelt. Give you monthly spending money, free health care, free cell phone and food stamps (SNAP).  Here we have a mentally ill American living in the streets getting little. Since it's California I wonder if she gets a some support like the homeless in San Francisco? The homeless love it there. They get about $800 a month and a free cell phone that even has streaming movies.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2023, 11:27:36 AM »
Denise has been struggling with severe bipolar disorder for more than two decades which made it extremely challenging for her to hold down a job and pay the bills - even while being medicated for this condition (which she voluntarily stopped in 2010).
As a result, she has been forced into homelessness for more than a decade.

She is mostly remembered by fans and followers for her outstanding bodybuilding accomplishments back in the late 80s and early 90s.
She turned Pro at the 1993 NPC USA Championships and competed in that year’s Ms Olympia, shocking the bodybuilding world by placing second (ahead of 31 of the best international professionals in the sport) in her first and only attempt.
In total, she managed to beat 75 other competitors across three contests that year.

However, within the Venice (California) community, she is just as equally remembered for her kindness and unselfishness towards the neighborhood kids. Through her ‘Big Sister’ program, Denise dedicated a lot of her time and money to ensure kids within, her and other, troubled neighborhoods were kept off the streets, out of trouble, and away from rampant gang violence.
Aside from looking after them daily after school and on weekends, she also took them to theme parks, wrestling shows, and states as far away as Hawaii (while traveling for her contests, seminars, and guest posing invitations) which allowed the kids to see and experience many new things. And, most notably, her ‘Big Sister’ program was entirely self-funded (which is all the more impressive considering she was never officially sponsored or offered a contract, not even after her outstanding achievements in 1993).

Sadly, Denise has suffered from several bouts of mania and, as a consequence, homelessness since her sudden departure from the sport back in 1994, both of which continue to this day. She is still homeless in Fort Worth but has been able to make do with the help of night shelters and outreach groups.

Recently, her mother and a few of her old friends decided to raise some money to help with food and clothing (which, being homeless, don’t last very long given the damage caused by being outdoors most of the time). So far, 5 people have contributed.
One of Denise’s friends took it upon themselves to deliver all the donations (food, clothing, and money) every week while paying out of pocket for gas and a hot meal which they normally take to her during each visit.

Her plight is clearly complicated which simply makes the task of estimating a donation target all the more difficult. For now, the main objective is to ensure Denise’s basic needs (food and clothing) are, and continue to be, met and any additional donations will be used to help Denise get back on her feet (accommodation and medical treatment - if and when she agrees to receive treatment again). All donations will be received and handled on Denise’s behalf by her mother: Sandra Rutkowski.

This is the official Facebook page we have set up for Denise [https://www.facebook.com/DeniserutkowskiOFFICIAL/] and, for a long time, some of you have been messaging us for ways to directly help her. Now we can finally say that this is possible. We’re calling on your support. No donation is too small.

Please contact us (DM) if you need more information on how you can help.

We'll try to post as many updates (here and on the FB page) as we can.

We appreciate whatever help you can offer. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------

Text Archive of the gofundme.

Does she want a few kilos of Orange Roughly I've got in the Freezer??
Comes complete with new pair of nickers & tracksuit bottoms - Just in case.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2023, 11:30:30 AM »
It’s “ Black Friday “ at work (crazy craziness!) I had to sneak into a corridor to type this out (.otherwise I’d be thanking you guys individually) I appreciate the support and love thank you guys!

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2023, 11:33:45 AM »

New video.

-------------------

P.S. - Wishing you comfort in this time Mike.                                             

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2023, 11:37:50 AM »
I gave 20 bucks dollars. Fuck it. I don't care about her bodybuilding achievements or that she was a serious piece of ass in her youth.

All I see now is a person in need, terrible need.

Plus I'm drunk as a skunk

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2023, 11:51:52 AM »

New video.

-------------------

The go fund me money bought her shoes?
They needed help to do that?

This is why I thought it was a type of scam; her family didn’t need money to buy her shoes, if anything they need funds to have her committed. It’s sad horrific situation but the people collecting the money aren’t in the best state of mind of how to  disburse these funds.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2023, 12:12:17 PM »
Wheres Noel Fuller when you need him

unreasonablereasons

• Getbig III
  • Im King of the Slobs
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2023, 12:16:12 PM »
Wheres Noel Fuller when you need him

Im bipolar and poor ,....where the fuk is my gofundme?  :D :D

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2023, 12:47:28 PM »
Im bipolar and poor ,....where the fuk is my gofundme?  :D :D

Give the schmoes some wanking material blood and you'll also be worthy.

Old school bodybuilders really are sad cases though. They got used by the Weider's etc to make millions with barely any money in return for ruining their long term health/the women being around sketchy people. That was when the bodybuilding business was actually generating huge money.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2023, 01:35:21 PM »
Without getting too specific … my Mom just passed ( only family I had left) couldn’t even afford a funeral or service ….. every time I answer the phone or open my mail box it’s another bill/ someone else wants money! So right now I’m struggling so it’s a no (right now at least)
Just say you're one of those poors. No need for an extra serving of cope. J/k j/k

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2023, 04:51:08 PM »
Any getbiggers that want to help!

i will donate $1000 to denise if you cream pie her on camera

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2023, 05:03:57 PM »
:'(

I do not understand why someone like DR is homeless.  Doesn’t she have friends who could take her into a spare bedroom for a while until she got back on her feet? I have done this for friends in transition and they weren’t even bodybuilders.  Her family has the wherewithal to start a go fund me but they can’t take her into their home for a few months?

Unfortunately I can offer some perspective, my brother now lives a semi normal life in a hostel that I fund, but only after the state finally stepped in and took responsibility for him. He's now on what she needs a medical order where the only way he can live in the community is under a supervised medical order where they have to take anti psychotic medication. This medication as crude as it might sounds turns off the noise in their heads that we all see them battling with when we walk past people talking to themselves etc, there are so many people who would benefit from type of order but unfortunately in a complex world it takes a long time to get to this point and most usually die prior from drug overdose suicide or other illness related to their mental illness.

Hopefully she can get the right help.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2023, 05:19:01 PM »
Unfortunately I can offer some perspective, my brother now lives a semi normal life in a hostel that I fund, but only after the state finally stepped in and took responsibility for him. He's now on what she needs a medical order where the only way he can live in the community is under a supervised medical order where they have to take anti psychotic medication. This medication as crude as it might sounds turns off the noise in their heads that we all see them battling with when we walk past people talking to themselves etc, there are so many people who would benefit from type of order but unfortunately in a complex world it takes a long time to get to this point and most usually die prior from drug overdose suicide or other illness related to their mental illness.

Hopefully she can get the right help.

Yes, this is where our mental health/addiction system fails miserably.  It's amazing what medical/social worker system does now allowing addicts to choose to keep taking drugs under some lunatic ideology of honoring patient choice or dignity.  They end up with the compassion of the streets and their own illness.  The solutions are all there out in the open, recommended by true MH and addiction professionals and obvious, but homeless and other phony money grubbing "advocates" block the obvious remedies.

Dr. Drew talks a lot about this.

Heck, Hanky probably has a lot to say on this issue also as he's probably familiar with the system in his state due to his wife.  Everyone inside the system with a brain knows what needs to happen and it isn't the "more money" they're always saying is the problem.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2023, 12:40:12 AM »

New video.

-------------------

Damn, that's sad. Why doesn't someone set her up with Medicaid so she can get mental health treatment?

Schadenfreude

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2023, 02:42:11 AM »
Oof....that's gonna leave a mark
It was a very swift shot. Boom.

Schadenfreude

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2023, 02:46:32 AM »

New video.

-------------------

A full set of hair after decades of abusing yourself and being abused. People need to stop complaining and start counting their blessings.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2023, 03:30:12 AM »

New video.

-------------------

Didn’t click. Not interested in a Kevin Bacon movie trailer. Let’s keep this about Denise mmmkay?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2023, 04:03:08 AM »
It`s a cold blooded world when you ain`t got a dime for a phone call in the concrete jungle.

Anyone making fun of her should just hope that karma doesn`t slap them upside the head and deal them a similar hand........remember,she didn`t plan this outcome to her life.

Just an FYI,but shit can happen to anyone of us at any time.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2023, 04:50:52 AM »
It`s a cold blooded world when you ain`t got a dime for a phone call in the concrete jungle.

Anyone making fun of her should just hope that karma doesn`t slap them upside the head and deal them a similar hand........remember,she didn`t plan this outcome to her life.

Yes very True
Wise words - Wes

Life certainly has Slapped me  a few times very hard
Mostly my own doing -  ???

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2023, 05:00:53 AM »

Yes very True
Wise words - Wes

Life certainly has Slapped me  a few times very hard
Mostly my own doing -  ???
Same here brother,at times I have been my own worst enemy.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2023, 05:08:34 AM »
Same here brother,at times I have been my own worst enemy.

It's not easy to admit - I know i'd be whole lot better off
IF I hadn't done / followed some of the paths I did.

Ahh Hindsight is such a kicker at Times.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2023, 05:11:42 AM »
It's not easy to admit - I know i'd be whole lot better off
IF I hadn't done / followed some of the paths I did.

Ahh Hindsight is such a kicker at Times.
Hindsight is 20/20.....but if we hadn`t made the mistakes we made along the way,we wouldn`t be who  we are today...............

.......we`d be filthy fucking rich instead of just handsome!!   LOL ;D

Schadenfreude

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2023, 05:12:31 AM »

Why doesn't her family help her? Sad

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2023, 05:14:45 AM »

I do not understand why someone like DR is homeless.  Doesn’t she have friends who could take her into a spare bedroom for a while until she got back on her feet? I have done this for friends in transition and they weren’t even bodybuilders.  Her family has the wherewithal to start a go fund me but they can’t take her into their home for a few months?

People in general do not like to help others - especially family.

Schadenfreude

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2023, 05:19:53 AM »

couldnt agree more