Author Topic: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!  (Read 40126 times)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Correction, all MMA fighters would lose in a strict boxing match against the best of the weight class.  That isn't the issue, neither is the boxer versus MMA fighter in an MMA ring.  If you think Belfort and Schlit would have a chance in a boxing match against a top notch boxer, then you are not as wise as you believe. 

You didn't correct me...

I didn't say they would do well against "the best of the best"....

I said Belfort and Schilt are two guys that wouldn't get killed in boxing.
Belfort IS in fact a professional boxer. Schilt I believe could easily become a second-tier hwyt if he were so inclined.
I wouldn't have said that about Schilt before guys like Valuev.

There's a tendency on Getbig to misinterpret, or completely misquote people.
TEAM REPTILIAN

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
karate, like I said, you don't know much about boxing.

ANYONE can become a "pro" in boxing....you do not even need a amatuer fight....Fact is guys like Jeff Monson ARE pro" in boxing, but couldn't win any open AMATUER heavyweight tournament in a state like NY, Chcago, Detriot, La etc...

Do you have ANY articles, videos, pix you can post of you fighting for us?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
"Legbreaker" it's becoming clear that you aren't intelligent enough to follow a conversation.

You're off in your own world.
TEAM REPTILIAN

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
On the internet there are quacks and fakes...Just prove you are not and you have the backround you do.  I, on the other hand, have posted names of a very well known trainer in ny wher my brother boxed.  he is now head of Florida state boxing commision or on the top of the board.  Just give the proof and then you will get my respect.

You mentioned a guy that was a "pro" boxer, like that was abig deal...I said it meant nothing....If you knew anything about boxing you would have realized this...

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
You didn't correct me...

I didn't say they would do well against "the best of the best"....

I said Belfort and Schilt are two guys that wouldn't get killed in boxing.
Belfort IS in fact a professional boxer. Schilt I believe could easily become a second-tier hwyt if he were so inclined.
I wouldn't have said that about Schilt before guys like Valuev.

There's a tendency on Getbig to misinterpret, or completely misquote people.

Jens is a better pro boxer than Vitor.  Vitor is a good MMA striker.  Semmy is a good K1 level striker.  Take away the front kick and he would be meat to most heavyweights. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
ahh, no, you're being a tad disingenuous there little Benny.

I didn't say Lennox would dominate in the mma at all and you know that.

you made the claim that if tito ortiz and lennox were to fight in the mma that tito would simply walk over and take prime lennox down in 1 minute.

i pointed out your lack of credibility on the issue ie tito having very poor defence (to strike) skills (everyone hits tito standing up), but he's walking through lennox? ::)

styles make fights and advantages aside (i have pointed this out soooo many times) no fucking way on the planet is tito simply shooting in on prime lennox. shit, even tito will tell you that.

What I said was a DIRECT quote from Tito when he was interviewed on Howard Stern, dumbass.  ::)
As much as I dislike Tito, I agreed with his assessment of how he would make very short work of your hero Lennox in an mma fight.
So once again "little" Beast...you've been shut down, so shut the fuck up.  ;)
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
agree with both of the above.

realkarateblackbelt, i'm not so sure about couture.

i have a lot of respect for couture. the guy is an absolute fighting machine imo. if couture was younger maybe, but he's too slow on the shoot for prime lennox and, no, he's not simply shooting in low. it's not that easy with a rangy striker like lennox. a young kerr or fedor maybe but not couture imo.

think of a focused belfort/liddell and how easy they caught randy and then times that by about 1000. that's the type of striker randy would be dealing with and he WILL be caught with much much harder and more accurate shots.

Damn, I didn't think being this stupid was possible!  :D
!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
What I said was a DIRECT quote from Tito when he was interviewed on Howard Stern, dumbass.  ::)
As much as I dislike Tito, I agreed with his assessment of how he would make very short work of your hero Lennox in an mma fight.
So once again "little" Beast...you've been shut down, so shut the fuck up.  ;)

Did he mention how good he would do in a boxing match against Lennox?

He also told everyone he would destroy Chuck.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Is a highly trained professional boxer going to be watching his opponent's legs or feet?

I don't know, but I wouldn't think so.

After a few kicks to the side of his leg, Mayweather would be seriously compromised.  This assumes that the MMA fighter would able to withstand an early onslaught of punches, of course. 

Mayweather has probably dropped more than his share of guys in the so-called 'street fights' he referenced, but top-rated MMA fighters would destoy any untrained, unarmed individual in a street fight. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Did he mention how good he would do in a boxing match against Lennox?
Why would he? He isn't a boxer and never suggested he could beat a professional boxer in boxing.
Dumbass.
!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
People who have never been training Muy-Thai or kickboxing don't have a clue how devastating a good hard low-kick actually is.

They think, well it's just a kick to the upper leg, how tough can that be.

Little do they know.   ::)   ;D

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
Of course, it will "never take place" because Mayweather has "far more to lose than he has to gain in risking a mixed match!"

The latest on all of Mayweather's BS hype via a web article by Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole...

LAS VEGAS – UFC president Dana White said Saturday he plans to make Floyd Mayweather Jr. a multi-million dollar offer to fight his lightweight champion after Mayweather's numerous putdowns of mixed martial arts fighters.

About 90 minutes after Mayweather's victory over Oscar De La Hoya, a bout in which he earned $10 million plus a cut of the pay-per-view revenues that could double that figure, White said he was prepared to match Mayweather with UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk.

White wouldn't be pinned down on a specific number, though he said, "I promise you, I will make it worth his while. I will make it very worth his while."

White was undaunted even after hearing of Mayweather's large payday.

"I told you, we can make him a very, very competitive offer if he still feels he can beat one of our guys," White said.

White was so angry at repeated comments made by Mayweather disparaging the UFC and mixed martial artists during the buildup to his fight with De La Hoya that he brought UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta and Sherk to the MGM Grand Garden to make a case for a fight with Mayweather.

Mayweather sent a peace offering to White via UFC vice president Marc Ratner before Saturday's bout. Mayweather told Ratner to tell White he was only kidding when he was ripping the UFC and its fighters.

"Floyd talked to Marc Ratner and he told Marc, 'Tell Dana I love him and all this talk about the UFC was just hype,' " White said. "Floyd and I used to be really close and I was kind of disappointed and (ticked) off with the way he was talking."

As for Sherk, White said, "He loved being here and seeing the atmosphere, and I think he left here believing he'd beat the living (expletive) out of the guy if he ever got the chance."

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Jens is a better pro boxer than Vitor.  Vitor is a good MMA striker.  Semmy is a good K1 level striker.  Take away the front kick and he would be meat to most heavyweights. 

Are you trying to disagree or agree? What's your point?  ???
TEAM REPTILIAN

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Why would he? He isn't a boxer and never suggested he could beat a professional boxer in boxing.
Dumbass.

Then why is there an argument the other way around? If a boxer can't beat an mma fighter in a UFC fight and an mma fighter can't beat boxer in a boxing match, what the f*ck is the argument?

You need to just talk about them separately then. And how hard is it to teach a good athletic boxer a sprawl? Some of you act like it takes years to perfect.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Then why is there an argument the other way around? If a boxer can't beat an mma fighter in a UFC fight and an mma fighter can't beat boxer in a boxing match, what the f*ck is the argument?

You need to just talk about them separately then. And how hard is it to teach a good athletic boxer a sprawl? Some of you act like it takes years to perfect.

It's pretty simple dude. People want to see how well a boxer would do in a UFC fight because the UFC is closer to a real streetfight. That is why the UFC got started in the first place(besides being a BJJ promotion)...to see how different styles would fare in a real NHB fight, hence "mixed-martial-arts." Meaning a mixture of styles competing.
The boxer lost to a straight up grappler in that tourney. :)

In other words...people want to see how well a boxer would do against a martial-artist in a street fight. That's the core of it. :)
TEAM REPTILIAN

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
Why does everyone want a boxer to fight in a MMA fight? How come Dana White and his bullshit machine isn't taking one of his guy to the boxing ring to prove they are the best fighters there? Everyone want HOUSE rules.

This argument is getting really fucking old. It's the same shit, "all an MMA guys would have to do is take a boxer to the ground and own him". That's a chickenshit answer. Then they pussy reply is "well a MMA fighter couldn't make it past a boxers blazing hand speed and would be knocked out." Again a chickenshit answer.

You want the best fighter in the world, then put two guys on a big mat. No ropes or bullshit cage to pin you opponent too. Then go. No fucking time limit and no bullshit rules. The first guy unconscious loses. It will never happen outside of bullshit cockfights after hours behind a shit redneck bar so quite pissing and moaning.
J

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Why does everyone want a boxer to fight in a MMA fight? How come Dana White and his bullshit machine isn't taking one of his guy to the boxing ring to prove they are the best fighters there? Everyone want HOUSE rules.

This argument is getting really fucking old. It's the same shit, "all an MMA guys would have to do is take a boxer to the ground and own him". That's a chickenshit answer. Then they pussy reply is "well a MMA fighter couldn't make it past a boxers blazing hand speed and would be knocked out." Again a chickenshit answer.

You want the best fighter in the world, then put two guys on a big mat. No ropes or bullshit cage to pin you opponent too. Then go. No fucking time limit and no bullshit rules. The first guy unconscious loses. It will never happen outside of bullshit cockfights after hours behind a shit redneck bar so quite pissing and moaning.

Have you not read this thread ???  Your question has been answered multiple times ::)
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

For all I know, White paid Mayweather to talk all this smack in order to elevate the UFC's profile.

I watched Pride during lunch today and hands down, they've got two of the best announcers in SPORTS.  That's gotta be worth something.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV

Spoken like a real internet expert.

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
Have you not read this thread ???  Your question has been answered multiple times ::)

Then what's the answer?
J

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
Spoken like a real internet expert.

Thanks.  ;D
J

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Are you trying to disagree or agree? What's your point?  ???

I agree with the assertion that an MMA fighter would beat a boxer in an MMA match.  I don't agree with the examples you have listed that could be good boxers. 

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
I said those two wouldn't get killed in a boxing ring. Belfort won at least one pro fight.

I didn't say they would be "good."

I do think Semmy could be a second-tier heavyweight if he tried.
TEAM REPTILIAN