Author Topic: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!  (Read 39940 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2007, 09:08:05 PM »
"Beast" is dickhead.  ::) No need to pay attention to him.

oh dear, poor little Benny. still smarting from me calling you on your bullshit claims? :'(

there there, daddy kiss it better. :-*

Richard, when are you going to realize this is just a message board where people come to chill, share info and yes, talk some shit.

don't take it all so serious mane.

as a matter of fact, whether you are just well read or you you're telling the truth, i will say that i find your view far more interesting and informative than most of the posters on this section of the board.

i don't always agree with it, but i respect that you tell it.

i've got to be honest, melt downs aside, i am a little confused as to how you managed to be an olympic weightlifting champion, amateur boxer competing in golden gloves competitions, run marathons, go to war, wrestling, mma, etc, etc all around the same time period.

i know i'm being very simplistic here but can you explain how you did all this? i believe that it would be an inspiring read.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2007, 09:09:50 PM »
Meltdown........Damn Richard, you are way to easy.  Starting to look familiar.  Every time you open your dickskinner you get caught in lies, which results in the 3/4 page meltdown threads.  Every thread of yours is a meltdown.

And for the record http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/at02400.htm shows 5433 runners,  What a weird number to stop at.  I guess you were in the last 54,567 runners. ::)

Yeah I'm lying, are you still trying to claim that these photos was taken recently?  Yeah, maybe if you mean with in the last 40years.  ::)

If you guys want a good laugh, here's the last meltdown Richard couldn't recover from.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=132865.0

"...well, duhhh, ugh, grunt, snort, fart, yuk, yuk, yuk!!" - richard2004 (inspiring words)

hahahhahahahahaha......M ore meltdowns to follow........
\

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »
oh dear, poor little Benny. still smarting from me calling you on your bullshit claims? :'(

there there, daddy kiss it better. :-*

Richard, when are you going to realize this is just a message board where people come to chill, share info and yes, talk some shit.

as a matter of fact, whether you are just well read or you you're telling the truth, i will say that i find your view far more interesting and informative than most of the posters on this section of the board.

i've got to be honest, melt downs aside, i am a little confused as to how you managed to be an olympic weightlifting champion, amateur boxer competing in golden gloves competitions, run marathons, go to war, wrestling, mma, etc, etc all around the same time period.

i know i'm being very simplistic here but can you explain how you did all this? i believe that it would be an inspiring read.
Uhh...what "bullshit" claims did you call me on, dickhead?  ???
You claimed Lennox Lewis would dominate in a mma bout with his boxing skills, and you sounded like an idiot. Everyone in the thread told you that your hero Lennox would get taken down and promptly pounded and/or choked the fuck out. After the beating your arguement took from all sides, you meekly disappeared from that thread. Hmmm...I wonder why?
Oh, I know! You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  ;)
!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2007, 09:52:05 PM »
Uhh...what "bullshit" claims did you call me on, dickhead?  ???
You claimed Lennox Lewis would dominate in a mma bout with his boxing skills, and you sounded like an idiot. Everyone in the thread told you that your hero Lennox would get taken down and promptly pounded and/or choked the fuck out. After the beating your arguement took from all sides, you meekly disappeared from that thread. Hmmm...I wonder why?
Oh, I know! You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  ;)

ahh, no, you're being a tad disingenuous there little Benny.

I didn't say Lennox would dominate in the mma at all and you know that.

you made the claim that if tito ortiz and lennox were to fight in the mma that tito would simply walk over and take prime lennox down in 1 minute.

i pointed out your lack of credibility on the issue ie tito having very poor defence (to strike) skills (everyone hits tito standing up), but he's walking through lennox? ::)

styles make fights and advantages aside (i have pointed this out soooo many times) no fucking way on the planet is tito simply shooting in on prime lennox. shit, even tito will tell you that.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!

And for the record http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/at02400.htm shows 5433 runners,  What a weird number to stop at.  I guess you were in the last 54,567 runners. ::)

hahahhahahahahaha......M ore meltdowns to follow........

Dballn, you are so fucckin' dense/stupid!!! 

Duhhh...uhhh...here is the URL link to the Atlanta Track Club/Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Peachtree Road Race for 2007 and you will notice, from the info. provided on this link, that the allowable runner entry list for this year's 10K race is approx. FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND (55,000) runners.  Those that finish the 10K in approx. 55 mins., or less, get a PRR T-shirt (as determined by "T-shirt clock").

http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/at02001.htm

Geez, I don't know why the URL link YOU provided lists only the first "5433 runners' times"!??  Duhhh...uhhh...maybe, because listing ALL 50,000-odd race entry names/finishers would be too-long a list!??  Duhhh...why don't you call the ATC and ask them...tel: 404.231.9064.

Somebody, PLEASE help Dballn get his HS diploma...or get him into DRUG REHAB...or SOMETHING!???   CUZ, HE IS OBVIOUSLY DRUGGIE BRAIN-DAMAGED!!!

And, what the fucck this "off-the-wall topic" has to do with MMA and Mayweather's comments (the SUBJECT of this thread!)...I have not the slightest idea...SORRY WisconsinBB!??

Richard2004

• Getbig IV

Oh, is that what a "meltdown" is on these boards...sounding like you are taking something "serious"...or trying to provide and intelligent/logical response...or writing a post that's longer than a few sentences!??

Regardless of your opinion about my "boxing skills", there was no need to make the following blatantly disrespectful remarks (oh, and in the early 1960's there were NO such training facilities that were called "mma gyms"!?)...

yes, he does a bit. :-\

hey Richard, did you also bench press 535lbs at 181lbs body weight while wearing nothing but some gym shorts and a singlet?

Richard, you've gone from golden gloves boxer to 'some kid that, duhh, did a little boxing and duhh stumbled into a golden gloves tournament. apparently you sucked at it, no wonder you quit.

when those 'boxers' challenged you at your mma gym what you actually did was strip down to your pink panties, don the red cape and, hands on hips, declare:

"hallo boys, no need for gloves. with a jar of vasoline you can fist me in the ring all day." at which point you proceeded to demonstrate on yourself. :-X

Hopefully Beast, you are not druggie brain-damaged like poor dballn, so try and follow this timeline...

ages 15-16: trained on boxing in an amateur boxing gym and competed in a citywide Golden Gloves sponsored event/tournament.

ages 15-19: weight-trained and won the Teenage National Olympic Weightlifting Championships (198 lb. weight class) at age 19.

ages 20-24: attended college (worked my way through) and wrestled on the university's intercollegiate freestyle wrestling team.

age 22: started traditional Oriental martial-arts training...Judo, Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, and Okinawan Karate'...and have trained on the mma ever since (averaging approx. 4 hrs. a week every week).

ages 24-27: graduated from college and completed military service.

age 39 (approx.): started running 5K's, 10K's, and even a few full-marathons, to supplement my continued weight-training and mma training...and have continued cross-training on these 3 disciplines ever since.

So you see, this covers an approx. 24-YEAR LOOONG time-interval and wasn't "all around the same time period" (???)!

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Dballn, you are so fucckin' dense/stupid!!! 

Duhhh...uhhh...here is the URL link to the Atlanta Track Club/Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Peachtree Road Race for 2007 and you will notice, from the info. provided on this link, that the allowable runner entry list for this year's 10K race is approx. FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND (55,000) runners.  Those that finish the 10K in approx. 55 mins., or less, get a PRR T-shirt (as determined by "T-shirt clock").

http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/at02001.htm

Geez, I don't know why the URL link YOU provided lists only the first "5433 runners' times"!??  Duhhh...uhhh...maybe, because listing ALL 50,000-odd race entry names/finishers would be too-long a list!??  Duhhh...why don't you call the ATC and ask them...tel: 404.231.9064.

Somebody, PLEASE help Dballn get his HS diploma...or get him into DRUG REHAB...or SOMETHING!???   CUZ, HE IS OBVIOUSLY DRUGGIE BRAIN-DAMAGED!!!

And, what the fucck this "off-the-wall topic" has to do with MMA and Mayweather's comments (the SUBJECT of this thread!)...I have not the slightest idea...SORRY WisconsinBB!??

Douchebag Meltdown.....Do you even live in Georgia?  What city?
\

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Oh, is that what a "meltdown" is on these boards...sounding like you are taking something "serious"...or trying to provide and intelligent/logical response...or writing a post that's longer than a few sentences!??

Regardless of your opinion about my "boxing skills", there was no need to make the following blatantly disrespectful remarks (oh, and in the early 1960's there were NO such training facilities that were called "mma gyms"!?)...

Hopefully Beast, you are not druggie brain-damaged like poor dballn, so try and follow this timeline...

ages 15-16: trained on boxing in an amateur boxing gym and competed in a citywide Golden Gloves sponsored event/tournament.

ages 15-19: weight-trained and won the Teenage National Olympic Weightlifting Championships (198 lb. weight class) at age 19.

ages 20-24: attended college (worked my way through) and wrestled on the university's intercollegiate freestyle wrestling team.

age 22: started traditional Oriental martial-arts training...Judo, Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, and Okinawan Karate'...and have trained on the mma ever since (averaging approx. 4 hrs. a week every week).

ages 24-27: graduated from college and completed military service.

age 39 (approx.): started running 5K's, 10K's, and even a few full-marathons, to supplement my continued weight-training and mma training...and have continued cross-training on these 3 disciplines ever since.

So you see, this covers an approx. 24-YEAR LOOONG time-interval and wasn't "all around the same time period" (???)!

that's right, of course there wasn't any mma gyms. it's why i pointed it out and why it appeared the pieces don't fit. you stated that you trained mma, but i have apparently taken you out of context. what you meant, apparently, was that you trained in several mas.

thanks for clarification on the time line.

i find it very hard to believe that within one year of amateur boxing training, you competed in a city gg. especially at that time boxing was extremely popular and actually part of many school curriculums. there would have been many very very good amateur 15-16 yr old boxers competing in city wide gg tournaments.  guys that would certainly have been trained in boxing from a very young age. it just isn't a skill you pick up in less than a year of training. even the greatest athlete of the last century, ali, took a few years.

what amateur boxing gym did you train at and what city wide golden gloves tournament did you compete in?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Lenox Lewis is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. He was knocked silly by Klitschko, but Klitschko will never get credit because black boxers always get the push. Tito Ortiz, would take him down and elbow him into oblivion. That's assuming he's not stupid enough (or egotistical enough) to trade punches with him.
TEAM REPTILIAN

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Lenox Lewis is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. He was knocked silly by Klitschko, but Klitschko will never get credit because black boxers always get the push. Tito Ortiz, would take him down and elbow him into oblivion. That's assuming he's not stupid enough (or egotistical enough) to trade punches with him.

Lennox is actually one of the most underated fighters of all time. from here i will talk about a prime and focused lewis.
Vitali Klitschko was absolutely smashed by Lennox. He was tko'd. any time vitali wants to remember that fight he just needs to look in the mirror and count himself luck he can still see in the mirror.

a 250lb lewis is not going to find a pumped up trailer trash middlweight like tito, but even guys coming straight off the streets can ???

yes, i agree totally that IF tito manages to take down lennox, lennox is dead meat, but that is a huge IF.

lennox is of a class of striker tito has never seen before and he is far bigger and far more powerful a striker than anything tito has ever seen before. whether you choose to admit it or not, he is also an extremely gifted, well honed, focused and extremely experienced striker, an elite striker that has been the best since he was a small child. guys like tito and chuck wouldn't have survived 5 seconds in lewis' world. i'm sorry but that's the truth.

this is what would happen:

octagon is a big space and lennox will use it with lateral movement, foot work, balance, poise and athleticism you've never seen before on a heavyweight striker in the octagon/cage.

lennox will work quickly (the longer he's in there the more chance of tito getting to him), find him with the jab and drop a right hand - left hook combination on tito that will damn near kill him (with the 5 ounces i suspect it would). if tito happens to survive i guarantee it won't take long after that. lennox's combinations are absolutely brutal.

i am not a lennox guy, don't even like the man (he was painfully arrogant, shallow and conceited), not even a boxer anymore (although it is the discipline i brought with me). mind you i don't like tito either, but personalities/colour of skin have nothing to do with fighting realkarateblackbelt.

baring in mind this is my opinion, i am being honest here.

if you compare mma fighter to boxer on paper, this thread shouldn't have gone beyond 1 post, mma = more weapons = quick and decisive victory = stupid thread.

i probably should have left it there myself, but when you put 2 fighters together in the same ring there is so much more to it than what's on paper.

the subject of lennox v tito came up on another thread and i jumped on it because, despite aforementioned, i can see how this fight is going.

i based that opinion on many factors and i have stated my case more than once. i can understand being debated on it, but i'm not just talking out of my ass. i've seen plenty of both fighters and i carefully analysed what i believe would happen.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV

Over rated???  You know NOTHING about boxing.  Lenox is AWESOME...has incredible skill and when he went to Emanuel he got MUCH better.  The guy went through olympics, many touranments, world champ....took amazing beatings only to come back and win. 

I was just watching the spike show the other day and Hughes was showing leg kicks...His kicks sucked!!!  They were so bad and this is a guy that trains it...the other "pro's" also threw terrible leg kicks and a couple couldn't even stay on their feet while throwing lead kicks....PLEASE do not respond that I don't know what I'm talking about if you did not see this episode...it was with Hughes and Jens showing leg kicks.....only those that saw it last week respond.

Then I turned on HBO Mayweather and oscar and the talent level to be at the top in that game is simple phenominal......no getting around that, no one can critique anything they did, NO ONE.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV

lennox is of a class of striker tito has never seen before and he is far bigger and far more powerful a striker than anything tito has ever seen before. whether you choose to admit it or not, he is also an extremely gifted, well honed, focused and extremely experienced striker, an elite striker that has been the best since he was a small child. guys like tito and chuck wouldn't have survived 5 seconds in lewis' world. i'm sorry but that's the truth.

Just bump because it is right on the money.

And for my leg kicks last post, I know you will all say , "hughes is a wrestler not a k1 guy and pulver wrestles and boxes not a k1 guy"... enough already they are very good fighters but the skill level needed to be at the top is NOT anything near what is required for boxing....Jens boxes, will he EVER become a top 3 guy?  NO...but is he or was he a mma champ?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Ortiz might have trouble with Lewis I'll give you that...

since Ortiz gives up some 35 pounds to Lewis.

Replace Ortiz with a world-class wrestler like Cotoure and Lewis will always lose. Couture will shoot FAST way below his punches and take him down. Mirko would KO Lewis with one or two kicks to the body.

And yes...most of the UFC fighters can't kick worth a damn. It's very amateurish and I feel embarrassed as a martial artist when I see that crap. That is why I specifically said fighters that can use kicks EFFECTIVELY. If you are going to employ kicks in a real fight they should be natural as a puncher punches. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for trouble. Guys like Mirko and And Hug (RIP) would beat any boxer in a K-1 style rules match, or a streetfight for that matter. And I would bet money on it!

As I said, I fought a guy that was a boxer and he charged in on me because boxers need to close range to fight. I knew this and was waiting for it. He charged in and walked right in to a high roundhouse to the head. He was dizzy on his feet and nearly fell down. I started walking away (mistake!) figuring he wouldn't want anymore but he charged again as I turned away and hit me with a quick combo, which also just dizzied me funny enough. Like him I fell half-way down (in other words if it was a boxing match they would have given us both the standing eight-count. At this point, each side broke it up and security was coming. If I followed up he would have been hurt bad, but like I said he didn't look like he would continue. That's the only street fight I didn't win, but I didn't lose either. Dude was fast as hell.
TEAM REPTILIAN

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Fedor would close, clinch, takedown and beat Lennox to a pulp. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
exactly.......but what would happen if you put boxing gloves on him and put him in a ring with boxing rules.........KO.
DAWG

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
agree with both of the above.

realkarateblackbelt, i'm not so sure about couture.

i have a lot of respect for couture. the guy is an absolute fighting machine imo. if couture was younger maybe, but he's too slow on the shoot for prime lennox and, no, he's not simply shooting in low. it's not that easy with a rangy striker like lennox. a young kerr or fedor maybe but not couture imo.

think of a focused belfort/liddell and how easy they caught randy and then times that by about 1000. that's the type of striker randy would be dealing with and he WILL be caught with much much harder and more accurate shots.

while we're on the subject of a prime focused belfort (a rare thing), imo he had the best hands ever seen thus far in ufc. his hands were by far his best weapon and are what got him to the top of the food chain back in his day.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
real larate. can you post a pix/video or articles of you in any sanctioned fights ?  Thanks

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
No. Of course not. It wasn't a sanctioned fight. It was a streetfight plain and simple. If you don't believe my personal experience fighting a boxer...let me pose this question to you: Where are all the boxers dominating K-1? K-1 is open to any stand up fighting style. Before you say, "well k-1 doesn't pay as much blah blah blah" realize that there are many boxers not making millions. Not only would they beat the crap out of all the kickers, they would establish boxing as the best once again. But this won't happen, because boxers can't beat fighters that kick effectively. And they know it!

Beast - Couture would NOT take on someone like Lennox Lewis the same way he took on Liddel. He wouldn't think about standing toe to toe. He would simply take him to the ground. That would be the "gameplan" for Couture in this hypothetical fight. In a clinch vs. a world-class wrestler(remember Couture is a fantastic wrestler) Lewis would be screwed. Grappling is his forte.
TEAM REPTILIAN

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Not to mention Chuck has great takedown defense, Lennox does not.  Oh, and the thumbs, and fence grab. 

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
"think of a focused belfort/liddell and how easy they caught randy and then times that by about 1000. that's the type of striker randy would be dealing with and he WILL be caught with much much harder and more accurate shots."

Randy Couture fought Belfort 3 times and TKO'd him 2 of those 3 times.  ::)

Also, Lewis vs. Tito/Couture would never happen because Lewis would never get into the Octagon with them. He would avoid a match like that the same way he retired to avoid a rematch with Vitali.

I'm not dissing boxing; I don't think any other fighting style could beat boxing in a straight punching match. Other stand up styles would do well close-range fighting with a boxer only if elbows/headbutting is allowed, otherwise they would have to kick them from a distance. I ENJOY watching a good boxing match more because it's a raw test of endurance and heart, with a KO at the end(usually). Boxing is pure. One man is determined to be THE BEST BOXER THAT NIGHT PERIOD, not the best at beating a certain style.

Chuck's style is tailored to beat the guys Dana puts him against. He's also marketable for Dana because he appeals to the lowlife punks and kids that are attracted to the mo-hawked "Iceman" image. I like Chuck; he's an intelligent guy and a good fighter, but he's marketed to the jackass crowd.

Again, Lewis would not get in the ring with Randy, much less beat him in a MMA match. He might beat Tito Ortiz, only because Tito looks like he just might be dumb enough to stand up with Lewis.

Remember, MMA is closer to a "real" NHB fight.
TEAM REPTILIAN

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
everyone is comparing a boxer that goes to fight in an MMA fight.But everyone is ignoring the concept of a MMA fighter going in a boxing ring to fight a boxer.
DAWG

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
everyone is comparing a boxer that goes to fight in an MMA fight.But everyone is ignoring the concept of a MMA fighter going in a boxing ring to fight a boxer.

That's because everyone knows any mma fighter(except Belfort or Schilt) would be killed in a boxing match.
There's no argument. MOST boxers would be killed in MMA or K-1 for that matter.
TEAM REPTILIAN

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
That's because everyone knows any mma fighter(except Belfort or Schilt) would be killed in a boxing match.
There's no argument. MOST boxers would be killed in MMA or K-1 for that matter.

Correction, all MMA fighters would lose in a strict boxing match against the best of the weight class.  That isn't the issue, neither is the boxer versus MMA fighter in an MMA ring.  If you think Belfort and Schlit would have a chance in a boxing match against a top notch boxer, then you are not as wise as you believe. 

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
Douchebag Meltdown.....Do you even live in Georgia?  What city?
I’m  finished wasting time responding to you, since you are obviously  a rec. druggie brain-damaged teenager who hasn’t accomplished anything in life except strictly internet BS…and, who’s only intent is trying to continue to “bait me” with your never-ending disparaging remarks…hoping that I may respond in a fashion that you can childishly claim/brag that I’ve had a “meltdown”…duh, ugh, grunt, snort, fart, yuk, yuk, yuk!

Get your HS diploma…get into drug-rehab…GET A LIFE!

what amateur boxing gym did you train at and what city wide golden gloves tournament did you compete in?
Hello...we are discussing  events that happened a looong time ago, so I don’t recall the exact-name/date of the strictly citywide/local GG tournament that I competed in.  I'm sure that the qualifications/rules-for-competing-in local GG boxing events have changed considerably since I was in my middle-teens!

The “amateur boxing gym” was the Frye Institute in Chattanooga, TN (it was an United Fund organization/facility) and that building was torn-down in the 1970’s, I believe.

FINALLY, getting back on the subject,  before you can “do anything” in Judo/Jiu-Jitsu, you have to master the art of breakfalling.   Of course, boxers “know nothing” about breakfalling and, if you are going to allow the MMA fighter to apply throws from the clinch phase in the mixed match…then there is a good chance that the boxer, when thrown, will land on his head (and be knocked unconscious), or on his shoulder and have it dislocated…end of fight!  For example, in applying Judo throws in a life-or-death self-defense situation, you try to throw your opponent so that he will land on his head!

In particular, MMA fighters with extensive Greco-Roman wrestling experience (e.g. Randy Couture and Jeff Blatnick-in his prime) would be experts at “closing the gap” on a boxer and gaining the secure advantage of an underarm clinch!  If the MMA fighter can just reach this stage in the mixed-match w/o getting KO’ed, then the boxer is essentially finished!! 

Just a point of interest… in military CCC training, you are taught to NEVER “throw a punch” since you are dealing with empty-handed life-and-death fighting techniques (as well).   Punching is fine when your bare knuckles are adequately protected!  Otherwise, you run the risk of broken metacarpals and/or infected hands (e.g. cutting your knuckes on your opponent’s teeth…why, I’ve seen infected/cut-up hands swollen up the “size of balloons” as the result of bare knuckle punches to the germ-laden mouth).   Even experienced/top-level  Muay-Thai fighters will tell you this, i.e. "never throw a punch in a street fight"…and they “throw thousands” of punches in their discipline!

A cardinal rule of CCC…”you can always do far more damage to your opponent with an open hand than with a closed fist!"

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
I’m  finished wasting time responding to you, since you are obviously  a rec. druggie brain-damaged teenager who hasn’t accomplished anything in life except strictly internet BS…and, who’s only intent is trying to continue to “bait me” with your never-ending disparaging remarks…hoping that I may respond in a fashion that you can childishly claim/brag that I’ve had a “meltdown”…duh, ugh, grunt, snort, fart, yuk, yuk, yuk!

Get your HS diploma…get into drug-rehab…GET A LIFE!
Hello...we are discussing  events that happened a looong time ago, so I don’t recall the exact-name/date of the strictly citywide/local GG tournament that I competed in.

The “amateur boxing gym” was the Frye Institute in Chattanooga, TN (it was an United Fund organization/facility) and that building was torn-down in the 1970’s, I believe.

FINALLY, getting back on the subject,  before you can “do anything” in Judo/Jiu-Jitsu, you have to master the art of breakfalling.   Of course, boxers “know nothing” about breakfalling and, if you are going to allow the MMA figher to apply throws from the clinch phase in the mixed match…then there is a good chance that the boxer, when thrown, will land on his head (and be knocked unconscious), or on his shoulder/collarbone  and have it dislocated/broken…end of fight!   For example, in applying Judo throws in a life-or-death self-defense situation you try to throw your opponent so that he will land on his head!

In particular, MMA fighters with extensive Greco-Roman wrestling experience (e.g. Randy Couture and Jeff Blatnick-in his prime) would be experts at “closing the gap” on a boxer and gaining the advantageous underarm clinch!  If the MMA fighter can just reach this point in the mixed-match w/o getting KO’ed, then the boxer is finished!! 

Just a point of interest… in military CCC training, you are taught to NEVER “throw a punch” since you are dealing with empty-handed life-and-death fighting techniques (as well).   Punching is fine when your bare knuckles are adequately protected;  otherwise you run the risk of broken metacarpals and/or infected hands (e.g. cutting your knuckes on your opponent’s teeth…why, I’ve seen infected hands swollen up the “size of balloons” as the result of bare knuckle punches to the mouth).   Even experienced/top-level  Muay-Thai fighters will tell you this…and they “throw thousands” of punches in their discipline!

A cardinal rule of CCC…”you can always do far more damage to your opponent with an open hand than with a closed fist!"

Someone who has all this documentation and photo's of his glorious lifting career surely would have the same type memorabilia of his glorious boxing/fighting career.  Could you please post those pics as well.  Unless you are an identity theif?

And what person your age say "duh, ugh, grunt, snort, fart, yuk, yuk, yuk!"?  I'd be upset/embarrassed with my grandpa if he talked like that.

Oh and epic self preservation meltdown ;D
\