Author Topic: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week  (Read 24906 times)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
Re: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 07:21:49 PM »
The smallest 19-20" arms ever ???

49,5cm here

have fun, Im out for today.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 07:22:47 PM »
I see you are not going to post jack shit for pic, so whatever, keep having fun with your smart ass comments, Im going to take a shit and sleep, its already 1 am here.

You are a delusional fanboy who has been here 1 week, your requests don't get honored.
My pics have been posted and while I'm no 'bam bam' you may search for them if u like.  ::)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 07:26:13 PM »
Thats the way I train for a long time and I like it because it helps me being injury free while training insanely hard, I also feel that this is the optimal training schedule in terms of strenght and mass gains (maybe 1 muscle group each 6 days would be the sweet number - like Dorian used to train - but since I am not a bodybuilder I keep the cycle matched with the whole week to fit better with my work and social agenda).

But, the thing is, for example, I train chest on mondays, and when it comes the weekend I feel like my pecs are not as pumped as during the middle of the week, and it kinda of spois the visual effect during this part of the week.

Training chest 2x full throtle is definetly an overkill for me but what about doing a light session on thursday or friday just to pump it up a bit and prepare things for the next monday when I will train this muscle group again? Have anyone tried something like this?
A while ago I used to do that for each body part, one day full force, one day a bit lighter!! was great

but now I just 1 X per week

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
Taco has posted pictures. He's a big dude.

Thanks stud.  And may I say, your cock is huge and I wouldn't know what to do with it.
(No homo)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »
A while ago I used to do that for each body part, one day full force, one day a bit lighter!! was great

but now I just 1 X per week

and why did you change it to just 1x per week purely?

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »
49,5cm here

have fun, Im out for today.

just came back from the shitter, feeling like posting one more comment before hitting the sack.

Two more candies for you bitches, you dont get stretchmarks on your forearms with bamboos for arms (I know, I know, TacoBell will say I got them because I was onlyme fat before trimming down, getbiggerisms...)

enjoy and good nite sissies

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2011, 07:37:45 PM »
49,5cm here

Length?

LOL @ being the only guy in the world to have stretch marks on his forearms. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »
Length?

LOL @ being the only guy in the world to have stretch marks on his forearms. ;D

lol I dont know if you are being serious or not but I have never seen other dude in my whole life, muscular or fat, with forearms with stretch marks.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »
No bambam, I don't think you have stretch marks on ur forearms because you were once fat, its become clearly obvious to me now that you are indeed a huge ivory mountain of muscle.  I'm sorry for any confusion on my part.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »
lol I dont know if you are being serious or not but I have never seen other dude in my whole life, muscular or fat, with forearms with stretch marks.

I've got them, as well as real 19" arms ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
I've got them, as well as real 19" arms ;)
LMAO, how the fuck did you do that? Zercher squats?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2011, 07:53:52 PM »
I can't believe bambam has been posting pics of Arnolds 19'' arms and expecting us not to realize.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
LMAO, how the fuck did you do that? Zercher squats?

Haha I don't know. I've got stretch marks pretty much everywhere.

I lifted for a couple of years after I turned 12, although I had no idea what I was doing and did arms everyday, lol. They grew a couple of inches then and I think that might have started it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »
Haha I don't know. I've got stretch marks pretty much everywhere.

I lifted for a couple of years after I turned 12, although I had no idea what I was doing and did arms everyday, lol. They grew a couple of inches then and I think that might have started it.
Luckily I don't have any....I thought I was going to have some gnarly ones on my chest but they went away.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011, 01:56:38 AM »
haha "simplyhuge" I see you are already deleting your posts. Guys I thought you wanted to follow getbig script here? How am I supposed to meltdown if you are already bitching out and ereasing comments??  ??? What a shame  ::)

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2011, 02:50:07 AM »
you don't believe those arms are atleast 19"?
they look like 19 inchest to me... a bit bigger even... nothing hard to believe about that.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2011, 03:09:44 AM »
If he's much over 6 foot those could easily be 19+.  If he's 5'8" no way.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2011, 04:33:43 AM »
Charles Polquin measured Priest's arms at 20.25 inches off-season, so therefore bam-bam is in the same league as the mighty Liar Priest.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2011, 05:19:56 AM »
The best decision I ever made training wise was to switch from hitting each muscle once to twice per week.

You should try it.

And stop posting pics of yourself, not a pretty sight.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2011, 05:35:24 AM »
I'm curious JP_RC, do you practice a 2-way split, or a 3-way split? Also, how do you split it up? Thanks man

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2011, 05:57:57 AM »
I'm curious JP_RC, do you practice a 2-way split, or a 3-way split? Also, how do you split it up? Thanks man

I actually kind of do both in one week: 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off, then repeat. Something like this:
legs
back-chest
shoulders-arms
off
legs
upper body
off
repeat

That way I can hit each bodypart twice a week.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2011, 06:04:42 AM »
That actually looks like a good plan man, but I'm just wondering if you're able to push delts and arms sufficently after your chest and back session from the previous day? Also, I can't go more than 2 days in a row, without needing to take a day off, but I guess that I'm just a pussy lol

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2011, 06:16:01 AM »
Thats the way I train for a long time and I like it because it helps me being injury free while training insanely hard, I also feel that this is the optimal training schedule in terms of strenght and mass gains (maybe 1 muscle group each 6 days would be the sweet number - like Dorian used to train - but since I am not a bodybuilder I keep the cycle matched with the whole week to fit better with my work and social agenda).

But, the thing is, for example, I train chest on mondays, and when it comes the weekend I feel like my pecs are not as pumped as during the middle of the week, and it kinda of spois the visual effect during this part of the week.

Training chest 2x full throtle is definetly an overkill for me but what about doing a light session on thursday or friday just to pump it up a bit and prepare things for the next monday when I will train this muscle group again? Have anyone tried something like this?

Not supposed to have a pump all week, unless of course you are a bodybuilder, which you said you are not.
Dont worry about it, do what works best for you, forget about a pump.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2011, 06:16:20 AM »
Back and chest on the same day is INSANE, specially if you work your lats just before the pecs. Basically, your back provide support and stability for every chest exercise, specially bench presses. For sure your back will give up way before you start to feel something on your pecs when working the chest using that routine.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2011, 06:21:34 AM »
certainly,, once per week can work as many people get gains on it,, but it is not optimal and many people will get crap results,, specially when doing routines where you dont even get some indriect effect,,

twice per weekw ill grow you better but you need to program it in smart way and dont go overboad with volume,, there is also middle ground betwqeen oncer per wekke and twice per week...

i been into bodybuilding many years and trained many people,, and exactly how youset up routine is abit of e xperimentation...but 3-4 sessions per week is best for most people,, some train more but in most cases they shouldnt ,, 5-6 is just overkill and many cases those who go 5-6 times are half assign many of thw workouts,, for sure some some can go that many time and train hard,, but highly quesitonable if they should,,...anyways most cant and shouldnt because recovery doesnt allow it,, life stress doesnt allow it,, work doesnt allow it,, wife doesnt allow it  :D

these are good base routines;;

2-way split,, ,,3-4 session per week

2-way split + 1 full body day  3 session per week

2-way split EOD ,, 3.5 session week

3-way split,,, rotate over 5 days but you need good recovery ,, most can not do this on regular bassis,

3-way split,,, push/pull/legs...everything trained every 5---sometimes every 6th days,, can work,,

3-way split EOD,, every thing every 6th day,, can also work but its on the edge,, but don't do it push/pull/legs style do it chest/arms, back/shoulders, legs or chest/back,, delts/arm ,, leg...to get abit indirect effect too,,

what you pick depend,, you need to experiment and see what you like and what your body likes,, and what you have time to do,,

when you trained many years you go to unbalanced trainining,, still no need to go in gym more than 3-4 time per week,, instead you go maybe 2/X on those days,, but you do it in a smart ways always,.. or you dont do it all,,

i seen pro bodybuilder and high class anmaetures built via 3 sessions per week,, total crap that you must go in 5-6 days / week!!