Author Topic: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week  (Read 24931 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2011, 07:25:04 PM »
No, actually Im genuinely trying to enlighten those who have been brainwashed by spoon-fed bodybuilding bullshit.

Normally I dont like to bash, but youre really perpetuating this.  So explain this to me 'stretch marks'.  Youve posted your pictures and make no mistake you have a very average physique.  It doesnt matter if your arms tape out at 19'' or 29'', you have not posted a picture of a muscular arm, despite the fact that of the few visible muscles, your arms may be your best feature as you have no chest, no traps, no thickness whatsoever.  
So here you are diving deep into a 'training split' when what you fail to realize is what I said in my first post, that you'd do better to just do some compound movements and call it a day.
Ever been to a powerlifting gym?  You never see anyone in there doing an 'arm day', yet they all have significantly more muscular arms than you.  Does that tell you anything?
Go watch a strongman competition.  Those guys have pretty big legs huh.  Do you think its cause they 'prioritize their hamstrings' by doing a standing leg curl on its own separate day?  

Maybe you'll finally get it, or maybe you are too stupid.  
I hardly do any arm exercises anymore. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
  MELTDOWN. 
No, actually Im genuinely trying to enlighten those who have been brainwashed by spoon-fed bodybuilding bullshit.

Normally I dont like to bash, but youre really perpetuating this.  So explain this to me 'stretch marks'.  Youve posted your pictures and make no mistake you have a very average physique.  It doesnt matter if your arms tape out at 19'' or 29'', you have not posted a picture of a muscular arm, despite the fact that of the few visible muscles, your arms may be your best feature as you have no chest, no traps, no thickness whatsoever.  
So here you are diving deep into a 'training split' when what you fail to realize is what I said in my first post, that you'd do better to just do some compound movements and call it a day.
Ever been to a powerlifting gym?  You never see anyone in there doing an 'arm day', yet they all have significantly more muscular arms than you.  Does that tell you anything?
Go watch a strongman competition.  Those guys have pretty big legs huh.  Do you think its cause they 'prioritize their hamstrings' by doing a standing leg curl on its own separate day?  

Maybe you'll finally get it, or maybe you are too stupid.  

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »
  MELTDOWN. 

::)

I hardly do any arm exercises anymore. :(

No wonder ur stuck at 180lbs.... :D

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »
;D

Make no mistake, I love steroids and wish I could do them.  I dont in anyway infer that you dont train your ass off, or diet or do all sorts of neurotic shit to attain that physique.  My sole point is that for most people, it makes no difference if a bunch of chest exercises are done on monday or wednesday etc...

Chest exercises MUST be done on MONDAYS, if you want to have a large chest. Everyone knows that.
A

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »
Chest exercises MUST be done on MONDAYS, if you want to have a large chest. Everyone knows that.

hey bro, good thing you showed up, can I leave that keyboard warrior for you to take care from now on? lol

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
Its truly sad how many people buy into the perpetuated bodybuilding bullshit.

Are you saying all bodybuilding is nonsense and the average guy looking to build a good physique should just train with compounds mostly, like other strength guys do?

edit -

btw, didn't know gh15 had a gimmick! ???

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2011, 07:53:39 PM »

No wonder ur stuck at 1280lbs.... :D
  :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »
it's actually not a bad idea to hit chezt on a tues and do back on a monday cuz so many dudes are benching on monday.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
Dorian Yates during his Olympia regin trained each body part each 6 days. But oh, since I do it in 7 days I am "so not cool" according to a couple of faceless getbigers who probably dont even work out. Im loving it.
dorian trained each muscle every 5-12 days IIRC. on average 6-7 days. he didnt let a schedule dictate his workouts, he let his muscles dictate them. (didnt workout unless he felt recovered.. doesnt matter how few or how many days it took.) but you arent dorian yates. the bigger you get, the harder it is for your body to recover from a workout. you probably only need a day or two betwen workouts.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »
it's actually not a bad idea to hit chezt on a tues and do back on a monday cuz so many dudes are benching on monday.

Dude, i think that goes against the Weider principles, i don't think you can train like that.

. ::) ::) ::)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »
Why in the blue fuck does everyone on earth "train chest" on monday?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »
Monday = leg day for chaos.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »

At the gym I attend, people train chest everyday.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »
1. Eventhough I have the personal opinion the once a week routine is the best, I never stated it in this thread. I just posted that it worked good for me and wanted to share experiences.

2. The only reason there are pics of me floating around this thread is because  a) YOU begged/dared/demanded it; b) chaos posted one 6 month old mine firstly

3. The thread went apeshit as soon as it was invaded by some keyboard warriors spilling nonsense and factoids, trying to look cool for their clique.

There is some faulty logic in this thread.  

Someone says "I train each body part once per week, and here's proof that it's the best...(insert picture), or (insert arm measurements), (etc)"

This does NOT prove that training each body part once per week is ideal.  What if training each body part twice per week could have attained the same physique in half the time?  Or same measurements in half the time?  Of course the opposite could be true as well....What if training once every two weeks is faster?  

The point I'm trying to make is that you can't say one routine is superior to another based off of nothing more than opinion and the "results" you've gotten.  You could try many routines for the same amount of time and under the same conditions and then you would have a good perspective of which worked faster.  

Anyways, I think all routines for the most part will yield results if done consistently and diet and sleep are adequate, but not all routines are optimal.  It's the search for the optimal routine that we should all be after...and have some science / experimentation to back it up.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »
LOL @ people trying to optimize workouts like it makes any fvcking difference.  Just go do some compound exercises and let me know if you get more muscular.  If after a few months you havent, find a new hobby or kill yourself.

X2

Aren't you a mod in the training board? :D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:53 PM »
Aren't you a mod in the training board? :D
Yes and ???

Have you ever been to the training board?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2011, 08:38:22 PM »

Because chest is a priority... and by Thursday their level of commitment is lacking... and of course the weekend is totally out.

A

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2011, 08:41:10 PM »
1. Eventhough I have the personal opinion the once a week routine is the best, I never stated it in this thread. I just posted that it worked good for me and wanted to share experiences.

The very 1st post in this thread, the very first sentence, made by you.
Not that it matters, just pointing out that you are indeed an idiot.

Thats the way I train for a long time and I like it because it helps me being injury free while training insanely hard, I also feel that this is the optimal training schedule in terms of strenght and mass gains (maybe 1 muscle group each 6 days would be the sweet number - like Dorian used to train - but since I am not a bodybuilder I keep the cycle matched with the whole week to fit better with my work and social agenda).

But, the thing is, for example, I train chest on mondays, and when it comes the weekend I feel like my pecs are not as pumped as during the middle of the week, and it kinda of spois the visual effect during this part of the week.

Training chest 2x full throtle is definetly an overkill for me but what about doing a light session on thursday or friday just to pump it up a bit and prepare things for the next monday when I will train this muscle group again? Have anyone tried something like this?

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »
 I, personally, made my best gains while on that routine. That is why I said I FEEL, not that it IS, as a personal experience meaning.  Now go on and continue nitpicking all of my posts, have fun.

The very 1st post in this thread, the very first sentence, made by you.
Not that it matters, just pointing out that you are indeed an idiot.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
LOL @ people trying to optimize workouts like it makes any fvcking difference.  Just go do some compound exercises and let me know if you get more muscular.  If after a few months you havent, find a new hobby or kill yourself.

X 650,0000

you are not going to "overcome your genetics" , "will your way to new muscle growth" or "bust through your plateau and add slabs of muscle"....any more than someone can "will' their way to being six foot two if they are five eleven.

Either you have the horses or you don't. and you will find out pretty quick. if not....take up knitting, or Pinochle... perhaps.

Or you can take steroids and become a larger version of your shitty self

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »
X 650,0000

you are not going to "overcome your genetics" , "will your way to new muscle growth" or "bust through your plateau and add slabs of muscle"....any more than someone can "will' their way to being six foot two if they are five eleven.

Either you have the horses or you don't. and you will find out pretty quick. if not....take up knitting, or Pinochle... perhaps.

Or you can take steroids and become a larger version of your shitty self

so why have you started "killing" your calves during workouts lately as you once posted, or is using suplements such as NO2, or stopped partying hard in exchange for a healthier lifestyle? That IS search for optimization, so stop posting bs just to look cool and "don". I know your purpose in life is to try very hard to push the idea that you are a genetic marvel down the throat of everyone around getbig posting angle pics of your jaw and stuff, but the fact is natural habilities and steroids are not the only variables of the equation and you know that.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2011, 09:09:03 PM »
a common mistake most people make with calves is doing the raises off of their big toes...do them off the ball of your foot

oh look who is giving exercise tips, I thought you either had the genetics or you dont ::)

troll

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
Are you saying all bodybuilding is nonsense and the average guy looking to build a good physique should just train with compounds mostly, like other strength guys do?

What Im saying is this:
Just in this thread you have 10 different people, who split up their routines 10 different ways, and the truth is it makes no difference.  Consistency over time yields results, it doesnt matter if you train chest the day before or after back unless you are a very developed bodybuilder trying to fine tune a physique.  Trying to copy 'Dorians' training routine will not make you Dorian for a multitude of reasons.  

Dont waste gym time doing crap exercises because you saw that Jay Cutler does them in the newest issue of flex magazine.  Stick to the basics.  Show me a guy who can bench squat and deadlift 400lbs each, and I'll show you a guy with 'muscular arms'.  

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »
oh look who is giving exercise tips, I thought you either had the genetics or you dont ::)

troll

Are you really this incompetent? No one is saying you shouldnt train your muscles.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »

troll

that has nothing to do with performing an exercise correctly you dipshit