Author Topic: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week  (Read 24975 times)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
If a "skinny" guy is a lean dude with good structure and muscle bellies, then yeah he will look great, like levrone.

for every one guy like that, there are a hundred who will just get bigger and not look impressive

response to gear is part of "genetics"....but that's a different discussion. i thought we were talking about natty trainers here.

as far as you knowing plenty of skinny guys who have gotten huge on the juice, sorry but i'm calling bullshit as usual. Now all of the sudden you are a wizened old gym rat who has spent decades in the gym? doubt it. i doubt you know three people in real life who have taken steroids

Let me set you straight Mr. Greasy Guido.

I started lifting in 1994 as a youngster, and since then i've only taken a couple long breaks. I've spent a LOT of time in the gym.

Most of my childhood buddies who I went to school with have done a lot of gear. I used to be part of a circle where most of the guys were doing gear and selling gear. I met a lot of juiceheads and they spoke openly with me about it. That's just the direction my childhood buddies went in. That's why i'm into lifting too.

I'm no expert, but i've been around ALL kinds of drugs including steroids. I know what's up with it.

Speaking of calling bullshit..... your chest does suck. You got good arms, but your torso is lagging way behind those arms. Bring it up will ya?

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »
Yes.. roll your eyes. You’re talking out of your ass. Its comical.

ok dude, I will let you and your genetic gods alone, enjoy your time together.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2011, 10:06:10 PM »
ok dude, I will let you and your genetic gods alone, enjoy your time together.

Dipshit.

Just worry about your fat ass and stop making ridiculous blanket statements. 

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »
What's your point ???

Is it your opinion that a complicated workout is a "better" workout than a simple one ???

Im againat exagerations in both ways (crude workouts vs complex ones). I agree that they should be basic, but there are some variables that can make a good difference. As they say, the devil is in the detalis.

btw I rarely or never do those super, drop, etc.  sets, circuits etc bullshit, in case any of you are wondering.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »
Let me set you straight Mr. Greasy Guido.

I started lifting in 1994 as a youngster, and since then i've only taken a couple long breaks. I've spent a LOT of time in the gym.

Most of my childhood buddies who I went to school with have done a lot of gear. I used to be part of a circle where most of the guys were doing gear and selling gear. I met a lot of juiceheads and they spoke openly with me about it.

I'm no expert, but i've been around ALL kinds of drugs including steroids. I know what's up with it.

Speaking of calling bullshit..... your chest does suck. You got good arms, but your torso is lagging way behind those arms. Bring it up will ya?

No you haven't...you are just talking out of your ass...it's what you do around here.

if someone says they are an astronaut...you are like "yeah...i was an astronaut too"  ::) you are a joke

My chest certainly isn't my strong point ( no one has everything) but it's bigger than just about anyones here, certainly crushes yours.

But to say my "torso" sucks is comical, .....my back and shoulders are fucking tremendous. it's just you being a dick as usual

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »
Chest alone takes 40 min for me, sometimes even more. I probably do more sets and use more intervals (1 to 3 min) which lets me lift more intensely I believe.

i was doing more sets in the past.. for chest i was doing 15-16 sets,.. all heavy and to the failure.. so instead of the 2 sets (one heavy & one moderate) per exercise i do now i was doing 3 heavy set per exercise.. this decrease in my training volume has increased the poundage of ALL my lifts and made any workout much more interesting and not as boring and exhausting as before!!.. sometimes the extra effort we do means OVER TRAINING..

may be this is not the case with you because we are not all the same and each one responds differently to the same thing but if i was you i would try for a while to decrease my training volume and see!!..

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:11 PM »
No you haven't...you are just talking out of your ass...it's what you do around here.

if someone says they are an astronaut...you are like "yeah...i was an astronaut too"  ::) you are a joke

My chest certainly isn't my strong point ( no one has everything) but it's bigger than just about anyones here, certainly crushes yours.

But to say my "torso" sucks is comical, .....my back and shoulders are fucking tremendous. it's just you being a dick as usual

I only talk about what I know.

And I do know about lots of different things.

Just a fact. I have no problem admitting I don't know about something if I truely don't know.

As for your torso. The only picture of it I saw was the one with a bra photoshopped on it. And in that pic, your entire torso didn't look too great at all. But maybe it was a bad picture.

I've talked out my ass a lot before on this site but lately i've been in a more serious and friendly mood. I ain't fucking around.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:21 PM »
Hey Straw Man,

I actually met Frank Calta and was going to one of his gyms in Tampa, FL for about 6 months.  It was called Calta's Fitness.  It was actually one of the nicest gyms I've trained in, and I've been to gyms all over the country due to work.  His gym just had a certain "feel" to it, and he had a lot of the new nautilus equipment, and it also didnt hurt that there were some really really really hot women working out there. 

I have never heard of "Rotation for Recuperation" though.  I mentioned to him once that I was having some shoulder pain due to bench pressing, and he recommended that I bring the bar to my neck and not to my chest.  He said it would mean "less weight", but would give me a better chest workout and take the shoulders out of the equation more. 

Maybe you can post a link to the "Rotation for Recuperation" idea.

I don't have a link

I read about it in MM International sometime in the early 1980's

followed the routine during high school and got pretty strong, gained a lot of weight

you basically split your body in half and did Mon, Wed, Fri
 and then reversed the following week

I think the key for me at that time was it was easy to follow

I lifted on Mon, Wed, Fri

consistently

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2011, 10:22:13 PM »

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »
for genetic GODNESSES Im all in  ;D

;D

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2011, 10:26:07 PM »
my current split is:

day 1: chest (10 sets) + biceps (8 sets) + forearms (4 sets) + hams (4 sets)..
day 2: back (12 sets) + traps (6 sets) + abs (6 sets) + calves (8 sets)..
day 3: shoulders (12 sets) + triceps (8 sets) + quads (6 sets)..

Not trying to be overly critical here... but do you realize you do the LEAST SETS for legs... Minus the calves... you do almost as many sets for calves as you do the whole rest of the leg.
A

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2011, 10:38:43 PM »
Not trying to be overly critical here... but do you realize you do the LEAST SETS for legs... Minus the calves... you do almost as many sets for calves as you do the whole rest of the leg.

i agree with you but i really do the number of sets for each part till i feel it's well trained.. i don't say this is a small part so it's enough to do 4 sets and this is a big one so i must do 10 sets.. it all depends on my feeling.. also i train calves only one time a week while most ppl who train each part once a week make calves an exception and train them 2-3 time.. also 2 sets of the calves sets i do are just with my body weight..

buselmo

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »
always trained each muscle twice a week (except for legs, cuz it's the weekend when that time comes and i don't go to the gym on weekends... and i hate training those shits)...
much better results than when i trained them once a week...

either low volume (3-6 sets per muscle) or high volume (20 sets per muscle)... all gave great results and more superior than training it once a week... to me at least

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »
Dorian Yates during his Olympia regin trained each body part each 6 days. But oh, since I do it in 7 days I am "so not cool" according to a couple of faceless getbigers who probably dont even work out. Im loving it.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2011, 06:31:28 AM »
genetics does play a huge role but is definetly not the final word. you can take a so called genetic freak and make him train like shit and eat candys and carbs all day, he will never sport a six pack, ever.

I know guys that have have excellent physiques naturally and all of them bust their asses off at the gym and are paranoid, almost psychopath, about their diets. Have never met or hear about those genetic gods that trained average and ate average while sporting a 200lb ripped phsyque, not even close do that.

In a nutshefll, if you have bad genetics no matter what you do or eat you will look always way bellow average. If you have good genetics you have the potencial but you still have to train and eat like a mofo. There is no free lunch either way. I REPEAT, NO SUCH THING AS GENECTIC GODS.

You have no idea man, plenty of people eat like 'shit' and have a six pack.

There are definitively genetic gods out there, have you ever heard of Sergio Oliva and how he ate?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2011, 06:38:08 AM »
TRAINING>>>>>>"diet" ;)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2011, 06:45:18 AM »
You have no idea man, plenty of people eat like 'shit' and have a six pack.

There are definitively genetic gods out there, have you ever heard of Sergio Oliva and how he ate?

ROFL  ::)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2011, 06:54:51 AM »
ROFL  ::)

:D keep buying into muscle&fitness and flex 'diet' tips then.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2011, 07:04:52 AM »
ni99a please

Sergio had awesome genetics but he had to breathe bbing 24/7 and pop multiple d-bols on daily basis to achieve his physique. What a sorry ass example you had for a contra-argument. So much for GENETIC GODS eating like shit and growing muscle just staring at weights

::)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2011, 07:15:35 AM »
A lot of people calling you an idiot in this thread bambam.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »
Hello keyboard warrior, glad youre back. Even if what you just posted was the truth, i could care less about popularity contests in getbig.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
ni99a please

Sergio had awesome genetics but he had to breathe bbing 24/7 and pop multiple d-bols on daily basis to achieve his physique. What a sorry ass example you had for a contra-argument. So much for GENETIC GODS eating like shit and growing muscle just staring at weights

::)

I never posted anything about 'growing muscle just staring at weights', my point was there is no magic diet that will help over your genetic limitations and how you naively said that someone can't have a great physique while eating 'shit'.

Of course Sergio trained hard and used steroids, what difference does that make regarding how he ate to gain? You just said it: he had awesome genetics.

But like I said, if you want to believe a special magic diet with super nutrient timing and crap like that is going to make a difference, then so be it.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2011, 07:56:37 AM »
my current split is:

day 1: chest (10 sets) + biceps (8 sets) + forearms (4 sets) + hams (4 sets)..
day 2: back (12 sets) + traps (6 sets) + abs (6 sets) + calves (8 sets)..
day 3: shoulders (12 sets) + triceps (8 sets) + quads (6 sets)..

if i train alone it takes 35-45 minutes max. to finish any workout.. with my training partner we finish in around one hour.. i always do 2 sets per exercise the first is very heavy (5-7 reps) and the second to be moderate (9-11 reps),.. both sets to failure..

Your split prove you must be on gear, because without that, your body can't recover such crazy amount of sets and reps. Further more, it seem to me that want to kill your bi- and triceps. Your bicep weights something like 2 lb and you quadriceps weight something like 5 lb. Still you do more sets and reps with the smaller and lighter muscles. You don't need a fucking marathon for your biceps, you need few good sets with good form and heavy weights. For example, Marko Savolainen used to do 3 sets for the biceps. Barbell curl: First two sets was 25 reps for warming up, third set was drop set from the 8x 264lb to 8x 220, then 10x 176, 12 x 132 and 15 x 88lb. You should try that...